tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Worse Than GMOs: Urgent Action Needed!

mudra
    mudra

Worse Than GMOs: Urgent Action Needed! Empty Worse Than GMOs: Urgent Action Needed!

Post  mudra Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Worse Than GMOs: Urgent Action Needed!

This is an urgent message with little time left so please take action ASAP. If you do not have time to read this, and you are against bioengineering and GMO, please scroll down to the bottom to take action here and here.

I just received word through the ETC Group, who helped us with the Stop GMO in Mexico petition, that biohackers in the bay area of California are planning to send out hundreds of thousands genetically engineered weed seeds to people all over the United States. But these are not regular GMO seeds; they are produced through “synthetic biology” technology, which has been called “GMO on steroids.” It is more dangerous than GMO and is so new it is not even regulated.

These seeds, however, are not even bioengineered in the way you might think. The sequence is laid out on a computer and then printed on a DNA synthesizer, and this sequence is then spliced into a seed. The DNA sequences are even more novel and artificial than that found in GMO products to date.

This would be the first-ever release of an organism produced through synthetic biology anywhere in the world, and it won’t be just one organism but hundreds of thousands—sent through the mail and dispersed across the USA. There is a strong international consensus that synthetic organisms are too poorly understood and their environmental impacts are too uncertain to be released into the environment, deliberately or otherwise. Incredibly, the biohackers are funding this maniacal venture through Kickstarter.com

read on: Arrow http://naturalrevolution.org/worse-than-gmo-urgent-action-needed/#3D7uUxsfvtLSQ6K5.01

Love Always
    mudra
    Brook
    Brook

Worse Than GMOs: Urgent Action Needed! Empty Re: Worse Than GMOs: Urgent Action Needed!

Post  Brook Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:09 pm

Thanks Mudra...there is a "kickstopper" campaign going on right now about this;

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t6532-omg-you-thought-monsanto-was-a-problem
    mudra
    mudra

Worse Than GMOs: Urgent Action Needed! Empty Re: Worse Than GMOs: Urgent Action Needed!

Post  mudra Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:31 pm

Ooh Great Brook.I completely missed this one .
    Important stuff.Thanks for sharing. Thubs Up

Love from me
    mudra
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:40 pm

mudra wrote:Ooh Great Brook.I completely missed this one .
    Important stuff.Thanks for sharing. Thubs Up

Love from me
    mudra

Thank you for sharing that article. Just wanted you to know there was a campaign and conversation going on too.

Noting: they talk about the kickstopper campaign in your article here.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:28 am