tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

McDonald's drive through police incident

Brook
    Brook

McDonald's drive through police incident Empty McDonald's drive through police incident

Post  Brook Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:08 am

Here is a story of a guy with a license to carry a gun!!!

4/18/13 - FORSYTH COUNTY, Ga. -- A police officer who was waiting in the drive-thru line at a McDonald's restaurant in Forsyth County is accused of pulling a gun on the customer ahead of him because the officer was angry at having to wait for his food. The off-duty officer is Detective Sgt. Scott Biumi, 48, of the DeKalb County Police Department. Biumi is charged with felony aggravated assault on the customer. 11Alive News was not able to reach him for comment Wednesday night.

However, we knocked on his door in Cumming on Thursday and Biumi came to the door only to tell us the name of his attorney.

We've now learned Scott Biumi will have his police certification suspended.

"This flies in the face of decency and police professionalism and you can quote me on that!" said Ken Vance, the Executive Director of Georgia's Peace Officer Standards and Training Council. "His certification will be suspended immediately."

"He put his hand right here," said the customer, 18-year-old Ryan Mash, pointing to his upper chest and shoulder area, "then he pulled the gun and put it, pointed it at, like, my neck area."

Mash is a high school senior who also works at that McDonald's, on Old Atlanta Road in south Forsyth county.

It was April 9, a Tuesday night, at 10:30.

Mash was not working that night.

He drove two friends to the McDonald's and they were in his Ford 150 pickup truck, at the head of the line, at the window, when the man they now identify as Biumi pulled up behind them in a black Chevy Impala.

"And we were waiting on them to cook the food. And the cop -- I didn't know at first that he was a cop -- pulled up behind us and waited about two minutes, two to three minutes.... And he got out and started yelling, yelling at us, 'Stop holding up the drive-thru line,' this that and the other. He walked back over to his car, got back in, and I said, 'Sorry for the inconvenience, Sir.' And he goes, 'Who has the loud mouth?' And I was, like, 'I said that,' not being smart or anything. He's like, 'Well, you never know who you're messing with.' And I was just like, 'No, Sir, I don't.' He goes, 'Keep your mouth shut.' I was like, 'I'm sorry.' He's like, 'Well, you don't know who you're messing with. And there's some crazy people out there.' And that's when he pulled the gun on me, and kept on yelling at me for about thirty more seconds. And then walked off."

Then the man got back into his car and drove away.

We got a copy of Biumi's training record. He began employment with DeKalb County Police in March of 1988. Over his 24 year history with the department he received more than 17 hundred hours of training, including a course in 2012 on 'ethics and professionalism'.

The Forsyth County Sheriff's Office incident report quotes Mash and other witnesses as recalling that Biumi said to them, "You don't know who you are [expletive]-ing with," and "You never know who you are [expletive]-ing with."

One of Mash's friends had noticed a police badge on the man's belt as the man reached into the pickup with his gun.

Mash and his friends got the tag number and description of the man's car.

McDonald's got the video.

The video shows a man in a business suit standing outside the driver's side of the vehicle that's at the drive-thru window, pulling a gun and leaning into the vehicle, pointing the gun at the driver.

Forsyth County Sheriff Duane Piper traced the man's license plate to the DeKalb County Police Department, and Biumi. Then the teens who were in the pickup truck, the Sheriff said, identified Biumi from a photo lineup. The Sheriff arrested Biumi Wednesday.

"We believe, right now, that it was his duty weapon, and a DeKalb-County-issued vehicle that he was in," Sheriff Piper said.

Piper said he does not believe that Mash and his friends did or said anything to provoke Biumi, or to make him think they might be criminal suspects endangering anyone's life. And Piper said witnesses never heard or saw Biumi identify himself as a police officer.

"Terribly disappointing," Sheriff Piper said. "It's a betrayal of a trust to the public. We're expected to handle ourselves correctly in high-stress situations, and it's very disappointing that an officer would snap like this. It's a break in judgement that can't be excused."

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

McDonald's drive through police incident Empty Re: McDonald's drive through police incident

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:08 pm

Here's a Blast from the Past!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK332QsfYRc
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

McDonald's drive through police incident Empty Re: McDonald's drive through police incident

Post  lindabaker Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Hah, Cumming is where we go to the cheap matinee movies during the week. It's a pretty brick little Southern town in north north metro Atlanta. Why was the DeKalb officer way up here in the first place? It shows how poor (or maybe on purpose) the tests are, for approving police candidates with terrible tempers. IMO. I have lived here more than thirty years and it shouldn't reflect on the manner of the place, it takes just one person to spoil it all. Georgia gets a lot of that...amazing stupid stories. I should collect 'em. Starting with the Olympics pulling out of Cobb County for their obvious prejudices. And the Tweety Bird keychain incident. And the list goes on and on.
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:59 pm

Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:32 am

McDonald's drive through police incident Anigif_enhanced-buzz-6081-1366238366-0_zps12567650

Why would anyone be in such of hurry for a heart attack in a bag anyways.

Thank heavens there was the video for proof. No one would have believed the story otherwise.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:53 am

Perhaps the police officer was in a low blood sugar state. By the time he got in line he was out of his mind. I've seen peckish people before, and people with those tendencies need to address the symptoms and/or put their guns away.

And I just wanted to write the word peckish.
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:34 pm

More customer-service and anger-management issues!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2YRMixW9u8
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:47 pm

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:10 am

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:09 pm

Here is another drive-through incident. It's actually me in my previous life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzZsp8SvJj8

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:35 am