tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says Empty Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says

Post  Carol Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:36 pm

Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says The-hospital-superbug-MRS-010
    Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says
    January 24, 2013 – HEALTH - Britain’s most senior medical adviser has warned MPs that the rise in drug-resistant diseases could trigger a national emergency comparable to a catastrophic terrorist attack, pandemic flu or major coastal flooding. Dame Sally Davies, the chief medical officer, said the threat from infections that are resistant to frontline antibiotics was so serious that the issue should be added to the government’s national risk register of civil emergencies. She described what she called an “apocalyptic scenario” where people going for simple operations in 20 years’ time die of routine infections “because we have run out of antibiotics.” The register was established in 2008 to advise the public and businesses on national emergencies that Britain could face in the next five years. The highest priority risks on the latest register include a deadly flu outbreak, catastrophic terrorist attacks, and major flooding on the scale of 1953, the last occasion on which a national emergency was declared in the UK. Speaking to MPs on the Commons science and technology committee, Davies said she would ask the Cabinet Office to add antibiotic resistance to the national risk register in the light of an annual report on infectious disease she will publish in March. Davies declined to elaborate on the report, but said its publication would coincide with a government strategy to promote more responsible use of antibiotics among doctors and the clinical professions. “We need to get our act together in this country,” she told the committee. She told the Guardian: “There are few public health issues of potentially greater importance for society than antibiotic resistance. It means we are at increasing risk of developing infections that cannot be treated – but resistance can be managed. “That is why we will be publishing a new cross-government strategy and action plan to tackle this issue in early spring.” The issue of drug resistance is as old as antibiotics themselves, and arises when drugs knock out susceptible infections, leaving hardier, resilient strains behind. The survivors then multiply, and over time can become unstoppable with frontline medicines. Some of the best known are so-called hospital superbugs such as MRSA that are at the root of outbreaks among patients. “In the past, most people haven’t worried because we’ve always had new antibiotics to turn to,” said Alan Johnson, consultant clinical scientist at the Health Protection Agency. “What has changed is that the development pipeline is running dry. We don’t have new antibiotics that we can rely on in the immediate future or in the longer term.” Changes in modern medicine have exacerbated the problem by making patients more susceptible to infections. For example, cancer treatments weaken the immune system, and the use of catheters increases the chances of bugs entering the bloodstream. “We are becoming increasingly reliant on antibiotics in a whole range of areas of medicine. If we don’t have new antibiotics to deal with the problems of resistance we see, we are going to be in serious trouble,” Johnson added. The supply of new antibiotics has dried up for several reasons, but a major one is that drugs companies see greater profits in medicines that treat chronic conditions, such as heart disease, which patients must take for years or even decades. “There is a broken market model for making new antibiotics,” Davies told the MPs. –Guardian

Hospital superbugs such as MRSA are some of the best know antibiotic-resistant diseases, but MPs were warned about infections such as gonorrhea and TB that affect the general population.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says Empty Re: Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says

Post  Carol Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Last week to the day, I was in Target and picked up a cold virus which set in three days later (running nose, sneezing, congestion, etc). Generally within 48 hours of being sick I get pneumonia. Sure enough by the third day the fever set in. Day three is generally the day my appointment with the doctor is to get antibiotics due to pneumonia setting in. I didn't need to go to the doctor - a first in years.

Meanwhile, I'm taking colloidal silver, vitamin D3, Vitamin C tablets, cold medicine, Aireborne, liquid vitamins etc and not any of that stuff slowed the bug down. However, about a week prior to getting sick I watched that youtube video of the man who almost died in Australia and was cured by IV vitamin C. So I ordered from Amazon.com the following items vitamin C Asorbic Acid crystals, non-GMO Lecithin granules and an Ultrasonic Cleaner for around $100.

By Monday we got the Lecithin granules and made up a batch of Liposomal Vitamin C. I started taking it Monday night. I was still needing congestion relief and just used Zicam nasal spray to help with that. Sinuses were still plugged up.

Next day sinuses began draining. I was taking this stuff several times throughout the day and noticing ongoing improvement. By yesterday, Wednesday - I no longer needed any nasal decongestent. I could breath. Today, the sinues are almost completely drained. I didn't get a cough, nor did it go into a sinus infection like it ususally does. In fact, I've never had such good results in getting rid of a cold for the past 20 years and that is saying something.

Because of how effective Liposomal Vitamin C is and easy to make I'm passing this info onto you.

This is also the first time I didn't need antibiotices after catching a cold in the last 15 years. Liposomal Vitamin C really works. We plan on taking this daily. And I really look forward to good health as a result.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cBp879mfgI
    How to Make Liposomal Vitamin C At Home
    Have you ever wished you could get the many health benefits of high-dose intravenous (IV) vitamin C at home, at low cost? Discover a cheap and simple way to multiply the effectiveness of oral Vitamin C. One gram of this simple megavitamin C can do the work of up to 8 grams of pure vitamin C by intravenous injection! Wellness expert Arthur Doerksen shows you how to make it in your kitchen in less than 10 minutes. Update - Remember to soak the lecithin granules for 2 - 4 hours before blending with the Vitamin C.

This recipe allows for:

30 g in 24 ounces water = 1.25 g/oz (30 ml)

At 70% efficiency, this is 900 mg per ounce of Liposomal Vitamin C and is 6-8 time more powerful then IV Vitamin C

Liposomal Encapsulated Vitamin C Recipe

3 cups of distilled water
    2 Tablespoons vitamin C Asorbic Acid crystals
    6 1/2 level Tablespoons of non-GMO Lecithin granules
    Ultrasonic Cleaner

Directions:

1) 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) pure vitamin C (Asorbic Acid crystals) into 1 cup (250 ml) warm distilled water - mix it up and let it dissolve

2) 6 1/2 level tablespoons (90 ml) non-GMO lecithin granules into 2 cups (500 ml) warm distilled water - dissolve

3) Blend Lecithin in blender for about 45-60 seconds

4) Add vitamin C solution to blender for about 45-60 seconds

5) About 26 oz goes into ultra sonic unit - (480 seconds = 8 minutes long) stir entire time

Pour into glass containers and refrigerate. (Stored at room temperature lasts only about 2 or 3 days)

Dosage: Take on an empty stomach, preferably 1 hour before you eat and don’t eat for 30 minutes after. Dosage varies… from a couple of teaspoons 2 times a day to 1-2 oz. shots 2-3 times a day.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says Empty Re: Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says

Post  Carol Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:03 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTXSTGGRvKY&feature=endscreen
    Living Proof Vitamin C Miracle Cure 60 Minutes Video 3 News

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:30 pm

More technology creates problems which are solved by more technology which create more problems which are solved by more technology which create more problems which are solved by more technology which create more problems. Some say that AIDS and other health issues were created in 'alien' laboratories. Who knows?? I keep thinking that some sort of responsible solar system governance will be necessary to keep ET from exterminating US -- to keep US from exterminating ET -- and to keep US from exterminating US. I'm not anti-technology. I'm anti-extermination.
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says Empty Re: Antibiotic Resistant Diseases Pose Apocalyptic Threat

Post  Jenetta Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:02 am

Huh...I have a relative in Tauranga...these Doctors nowadays are so "out to lunch"...something so simple...just to give high doses of IV Vitamin C...they'd rather give a death prognosis then use their brainbox! What do they have to lose when a person is dying? I know...chemotherapy will fly out the window and the pharmaceutical companies will be suffering big losses...what a pityAntibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says 824877. This guy was lucky...his family didn't give up on him and toeheel to the Doctors! Even though I have a autoimmune disorder I visit the Doctor as little as possible. Don't trust them a bit!! I think of my friend's death and the thousands that could have been saved with such a simple procedure.

Antibiotic-resistant diseases pose ‘apocalyptic’ threat, top expert says 75211________________________________
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:42 am

I have an autoimmune disorder as well Jenetta and rarely visit a doctor preferring to go the natural path as much as possilbe.My autoimmune disorder began following a blood transfusion during a surgery when I was 32 when I contacted Epstien Barr for the next 4 years - after that CFS/FM. That's how long I've been dealing with this. I'm surprised I've surived this long given all the ongoing challenges this poor body has to contend with. It just goes to show there is alwasys something to learn along the path to keep moving forward.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:31 am