tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

The Mormon Candidate

Floyd
    Floyd

The Mormon Candidate Empty The Mormon Candidate

Post  Floyd Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:01 am

"Romney Is a Mormon and they believe that Jesus came to America"

Will the evangelical christian right that the Republicans bow before vote for a Mormon?

from the documentary.

http://www.freemasoninformation.com/2012/08/the-romney-mormon-masonic-connection/

I thought this would be of interest to readers, politics aside. The Mormon Candidate is a feature documentary produced by the BBC to explore contemporary Mormonism and Mitt Romney’s road to the White House.

You can catch the full documentary on Current TV (still in rotation as of the date of this publication), but for this post I wanted to explore a clip from The Mormon Candidate which speaks to the Mormon tradition of swearing “Masonic oaths”.

This tradition, taken in the First Token of the Melchizedek Priesthood, was abandoned in 1990, and was part of the taking a covenant with God in a ritual held in the Mormon Temple.

For those in the know, the ordinance penalties bear striking similarities to Masonic oath traditions which this clip from The Mormon Candidate discusses.

One day the possible president will become a God and rule on a planet such as Kolob (where gods reside) apparently.

Last edited by Floyd on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

The Mormon Candidate Empty Re: The Mormon Candidate

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:03 am

Thank-you for starting this thread, Floyd. Read 'No Man Knows My History' by Fawn Brodie -- for a somewhat non-complimentary look at the 'Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints'. I need to reread this book -- and take a closer look at Mormon Egyptology and Organization -- as well as LDS temples and rituals. There seem to be a lot of secrets in Utah. I continue to think that all religions should be studied -- even by those who don't attend church -- or don't even believe in God. IMHO, politics and religion are two sides of the same coin. I attended a glass-church -- so I really do not wish to throw stones. Politics and Religion should probably be reformed -- worldwide -- but I'm not sure how this might be accomplished. If one removes something -- there had better be something better to take its place. It's a lot easier to tear-down than it is to build-up. I've recently been thinking in terms of reforming Solar System Governance by the creation of the United States of the Solar System -- and SLOWLY reforming terrestrial churches and states. Wait a minute -- I was going to stop talking. Sometimes, the less-said the better. Most of the time, actually.
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:26 am

Hi Big O

Its an excellent documentary and ive just finished watching it. The study of religion is interesting especially new ones.

Mormonism is highly questionable. Its a financial behemoth with its own banks and its members tithe 15% of their wages to the church, that must be lot for Mitt.

Like the Christian missions before it it is expanding outwards to generate more income and to proselytize quite heavily.

Joseph Smith, its founder fudged Egyptian drawings in a similar way to Sitchen's fudging Sumerian and Akkadian for his fake alien cosmology.

The Mormon Candidate Papyru10 The Mormon Candidate Papyru11

http://www.mormon.me.uk/joseph.php

Smith altered a few things to fit his new religion.

Kolob is mentioned in his so called Book of Abraham

Kolob is said to be the greatest of the planets because it is "nearest unto the throne of God." But, it is also "the greatest of all the Kokau-beam that thou hast seen" ... "which signifies stars or all the great lights which were in the firmament of heaven." Moreover, at least two stars and possibly fifteen or more stars and planets, the Moon, the Earth, and the Sun receive their light from Kolob. Kolob also is said to be surrounded by many great stars which are near unto it (Abraham 3:2)

It could be argued that Mormonism has aspects of alienist religion and ascension like religion way before ascension became popular via channelers and other characters. It believes in life on other planets, specifically Kolob where men can become as gods and live as some kind of super being.

Their prototype of ascension is called celestialisation.

Mormon Theologians agree that God lives on a distant planet, the planet KOLOB. It's located in the constellation Cancer, sector 2813. Kolob means "the first creation" -- which is "nearest to the celestial, or the residence of God", (Abraham 3:2 – 3, 9) as McConkie assures us. It is called the Celestial Kingdom

"As yet we do not know where the planet Kolob is located, but it, as well as the throne of God, must be a tremendous distance from the earth. Any personage coming from the presence of God would need to travel a tremendous distance to reach earth."
    ~ Alvin R. Dyer, "BYU Speeches", April 7, 1964, pp. 14-15

http://nowscape.com/mormon/mormons5.htm

Kolob is a holy region where men may become 'celestialised'

The writer of Battlestar Galactica who is a Mormon based his story around Kobol which is a reference to the alleged Planet Kolob which is probably about as real as Niburu in all fairness.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:08 pm

I remember when JFK was running for office and how terrified everyone one was that he was a Catholic. Is this fear mongering Floyd?

My brother and his family are Morman and the Mormans that I know are some of the better quality folks one can run across. I don't see where the US will be any worse off then it is now - but I guess that's possible no matter who is president as the president is just the puppet of the puppet masters.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:42 pm

I just recently learn about mormon religion existence. After some studies I also learned that they have some healthy concepts.

however we are not qualified to discuss...

Again I am not against religion, i am against violence using religion. Control is also violence. Fear is the tool to control. Those who wants to control, or participates in the fear spread they do not know where they came from and what is life. Bottom line we forgot that we are not this body. We care about temp things. We are in lust of material world. it is spiritual suicide.

Material world is not our home, however blind souls try to survive here and desires guide them to control as survival. They are in fear, they spread fear themselves to others. Creator will provide by his mercy all for you to get desires out. Wink If we want to cheat and fear, it will be provided, if we want to lie the opportunity will be there. Not many seeks to purify consciousness. The problem is that demonic energies spread the false that we are dreamers and we should dream and keep imagining. This takes us further from the truth. humans think they are gods and independent from creator, so they keep 'creating' dreams not based on the nature laws, not based on truth.

To get out of the loop of discusions we shall think about most non violence, most non violent human existence.

Last edited by devakas on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:57 pm

Carol wrote:I remember when JFK was running for office and how terrified everyone one was that he was a Catholic. Is this fear mongering Floyd?

Im not sure its possible to be scared of a Mormon. No its a documentary. The main point of the documentary is that in the general election, Romney may lose some of the Republican fundamentalist vote they usually take for granted as the Christian evangelicals view Mormonism with suspicion and see it as a cult. Some of them say they will not vote for a Mormon no matter how conservative his policies.

Certainly, it has been proved beyond doubt that the Egyptian papyri that Smith says were the so called 'Book of Abraham' that form part of the church's cannon are no such thing. So at least part of the religion is based on a hoax and as a result there is no Kolob either.

Romney doesnt come out of this documentary too well but no surprises there.
    He thinks 'Russia is Americas no 1 enemy' bless him.
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:35 pm

Is it just my imagination -- or are there small 'orbs' at 25:30 in the documentary? What I keep worrying about is alleged Satanic Blood-Rituals in (or under) temples and cathedrals -- or at places like Bohemian Grove. I continue to be VERY apprehensive regarding who or what is at the top of the pyramid in this solar system. I worry about who or what Popes, Presidents, Queens, CEO's, et al MIGHT have to kneel before -- and take orders from. I continue to think that humanity MIGHT be owned and operated by something dark and sinister -- but this should NOT be interpreted as hostility toward any particular groups or individuals. What Would Saint Germaine Say??
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:41 pm

Floyd wrote:
    Carol wrote:I remember when JFK was running for office and how terrified everyone one was that he was a Catholic. Is this fear mongering Floyd?

Im not sure its possible to be scared of a Mormon. No its a documentary. The main point of the documentary is that in the general election, Romney may lose some of the Republican fundamentalist vote they usually take for granted as the Christian evangelicals view Mormonism with suspicion and see it as a cult. Some of them say they will not vote for a Mormon no matter how conservative his policies.

Certainly, it has been proved beyond doubt that the Egyptian papyri that Smith says were the so called 'Book of Abraham' that form part of the church's cannon are no such thing. So at least part of the religion is based on a hoax and as a result there is no Kolob either.

Romney doesnt come out of this documentary too well but no surprises there.
    He thinks 'Russia is Americas no 1 enemy' bless him.

What about all of the past presidents that belonged to the Skull and Bones Secret Society? How is this any different in theory?

Then there is this...

2012 -- new exclusive footage inside the elite Bohemian Grove provided by infiltrator "Kyle." This new video shows never before seen shots of road into Bohemian Grove, burning lamp stand, burning effigy, Hillbillies and Mandalay camps, and much more. Set to the Eagle's Hotel California, Bohemian Grove is exposed like never before. Watch for yourself where America's elite party during the second week of every July among homosexual revelry and Satanic rituals!

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:55 pm

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:04 am

In July, a GAI analysis of President Obama’s calendar found that the president has spent just 412 hours in economic meetings of any kind throughout his presidency versus the over 600 hours he’s spent golfing. The Government Accountability Institute, a new conservative investigative research organization, examined President Obama’s schedule from the day he took office until mid-June 2012, to see how often he attended his Presidential Daily Brief (PDB) — the meeting at which he is briefed on the most critical intelligence threats to the country. During his first 1,225 days in office, Obama attended his PDB just 536 times — or 43.8 percent of the time. During 2011 and the first half of 2012, his attendance became even less frequent — falling to just over 38 percent.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:17 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:Is it just my imagination -- or are there small 'orbs' at 25:30 in the documentary? What I keep worrying about is alleged Satanic Blood-Rituals in (or under) temples and cathedrals -- or at places like Bohemian Grove. I continue to be VERY apprehensive regarding who or what is at the top of the pyramid in this solar system. I worry about who or what Popes, Presidents, Queens, CEO's, et al MIGHT have to kneel before -- and take orders from. I continue to think that humanity MIGHT be owned and operated by something dark and sinister -- but this should NOT be interpreted as hostility toward any particular groups or individuals. What Would Saint Germaine Say??

Im not sure about the orbs but the Mormon apostle being interviewed refers to the current US president as Osama before correcting himself. (30:19) Freudian slip or accidentally on purpose.

There are people linking Mormonism to Satanism (whatever that is) but it's Achilles heal remains the likelihood the religion was originated around a hoax.

It is a very money orientated religion which is why it would suit Mr Mitt.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:29 pm

Unfortunately Mormonism has been identified as a cult - but a bit different then Scientology which excommunicates members who have fallen away where the current members are not allow contact. This is rough on parents who lose their children to Scientology as well as other family members. However, in observing Mormonism close up via family members who are Morman - it actually is a better social structure for the families then Catholicism, which has been around for a couple thousand years. If fact there are a number of pluses - except for how they view women. In fact almost all religions tend to suck when it comes to the rights of women and viewing them as equal partners in the context of marriage and the religious structure.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 am

Carol wrote:Unfortunately Mormonism has been identified as a cult - but a bit different then Scientology which excommunicates members who have fallen away where the current members are not allow contact.

Unfortunately many recovering Mormons would say that Mormonism has been identified wrongly as a religion. Like scientology, Mormonism has a significant number of ex followers who feel they have been born into or brain washed by a cult. There are good arguments for this . Additionally, when a Mormon is excommunicated, they go through similar experiences of alienation and isolation (to say scintologists for example) from former friends and families which can compound the situation for them.

http://www.exmormon.org/
    http://exmormonfoundation.org/12step.html
    http://exmormonrecovery.com/

Many Mormons, (I invited a couple of missionaries to a party I threw years ago-they were great)have no real idea of the hoaxed origins of the alleged 'Book of Abraham' which forms part of the Churches Cannon and its sub Masonic associations.

Its is a uniquely American religion (possibly designed to be a new religion for the Americas) and who knows, perhaps the All American Jesus will return to Missouri as prophesied.

In the mean time the church grows financially and in numbers due to heavy proselytisation and may have its first President this year.

Perhaps Romney is Jesus.
    Well Obabma is the anti Christ isn't he?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:44 am

I often wondered if Joseph Smith was schizophrenic. I agree about how they are brain washed as I saw this up close and personal. At my brother's son's wedding I was talking to a group of my brother's friends who once discovered I was not Morman all moved away to somewhere else and ignored me the rest of the evening. However, my brother was very compatible with this group which was a real surprise. Non Mormans are not allowed to even attend the weddings which meant non of us attended my brother's wedding nor none of his chindren's weddings. We were only allowed to attend the receptions. Needless to say this didn't go over with our parents who refused to attend anything.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:51 am

Its interesting to note that part of Smiths vision and Mormon ideology is to establish a 'religious theocracy' in America which is the New Jerusalem or Zion.

That would mean America would become like Iran having God as the head of state and all political machinations would be subservient to 'him'

I wonder do they consider Romney ushering in a Mormon theocracy in through the back door? I doubt that's going to happen.

The far right Christian Fundamentalists such as Christian Identity also wish to establish a Theocracy in the United States but its unlikely they will get their wish. Many of them view Obama literally as the antichrist which is patently ridiculous.

Politics and religion combined can sure be unpleasant. This is one reason Mitt doesn't talk about his faith much, let alone its ambitions for a Mormon Theocracy in America.

Joseph Smith wanted to become president himself for the very reason. The Mormons had their own militia and wanted to operate outside of State laws.

Two other notables who wanted to become President in the US to establish a Theocracy were the fascist and alienist William Dudley Pelley and the leader of the I Am Activity the fraudulent Guy Ballard who copied many of his ideas from Pelley. The latter wished to establish a New Jerusalem and have him rule under his Masters in Washington.

Funnily enough, Smith, Pelley and Ballard (Ballard's wife)all ended up in court on fraud charges at one stage of their careers.

God Bless America.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 am

Floyd, just think of us here in American as your cousins. It's just all one big family. However, the religious right drives me nuts as some of their beliefs tends to outweigh reason, logic and scientific fact. The same can be said for some of the middle eastern sects as well.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Carol wrote:Floyd, just think of us here in American as your cousins. It's just all one big family. However, the religious right drives me nuts as some of their beliefs tends to outweigh reason, logic and scientific fact. The same can be said for some of the middle eastern sects as well.

Hi Cuz

American new religions are an incredible source of study. From Christian Science, Dianetics, New Thought and Mormonism to the UFO religions.

Only in America as they say.

I had a ball when I was out there. There was this beautiful place in central Mass.

The Quabbin

The Mormon Candidate Images10
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:27 am

Dianetics only became a religion via L.R. Hubbard for tax purposes as it really isn't a religion at all. When I was involved nobody prays or worships god, although they do acknowledge that humans are spiritual beings as that is about the extent of it. L.R. Hubbard was a brilliant, crazy shiester as many people's empty wallets can attest to.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:38 am

Carol wrote:Dianetics only became a religion via L.R. Hubbard for tax purposes as it really isn't a religion at all. When I was involved nobody prays or worships god, although they do acknowledge that humans are spiritual beings as that is about the extent of it. L.R. Hubbard was a brilliant, crazy shiester as many people's empty wallets can attest to.

Yes sorry Scientology. Dianetics being the pseudo science that was the new religions predecessor.

Hubbard wasnt the only shiester inventing stories about aliens and what have you to empty peoples wallets unfortunately.

Its a lucrative business.
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:02 pm

The following is just informational. I am not endorsing the information presented. I continue to think that studying various religions is a beneficial pursuit. The critical examinations tend to be more revealing than the official literature and videos. I do NOT study this sort of thing to discover ways to be unkind to other people. I seek to enrich my understanding of the world we live in. Even false religions might contain beneficial aspects. If a strict rule were applied -- perhaps most governments and religions would be mostly discredited. Perhaps the foundations of our civilization mostly rest upon shifting sand. We must be VERY careful to NOT throw out the baby with the bathwater as we seek to refine and reform our society.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:08 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:The following is just informational. I am not endorsing the information presented. I continue to think that studying various religions is a beneficial pursuit. The critical examinations tend to be more revealing than the official literature and videos. I do NOT study this sort of thing to discover ways to be unkind to other people. I seek to enrich my understanding of the world we live in. Even false religions might contain beneficial aspects.

It would be easy to fabricate a religion or pseudo science, that may still have some ethical and valid nuances to it even though its foundations were false.
    The foundations of such a movement would still be a lie however. One big lie leads to another and another and another.

Looking deeper into new religions and their beginnings is revealing and the study of it is not done to be unkind but often to demonstrate that the founders of new religions are highly questionable as are their practices.

As is often the way, religion, even new religions are tied into politics and money as in the Mormon case and practically any other religion you can think of, even UFO religions and so called New Age ones.

Politics and religion are ugly bedfellows.

In fact in many ways, religion is one of the worst things to happen to human civilisation. I am certain of that.

Any of the characters that start NRMs are fully aware of the power and control they can hold over others if they get their new cults and religions off the ground and grab themselves some followers.

The same can be said of older 'organised' religions. Religion as a controlling and 'expansionist' mechanism.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:12 pm

Perhaps we should change the title of this thread to "The Moron Candidate"

"I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.

“I’m not familiar precisely with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said. Whatever it was.”

Not quite as thick as George jnr..but then again
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Mitt Romney went out on stage at the first presidential debate and lied himself blue in the face. That was to be expected. President Obama seemed utterly flummoxed - as if he'd been living under a rock somewhere these last four years (or decades), possibly on Mars, and simply had no experience with confronting Republican lies. That was inexcusable.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2012/10/201210775152685830.html

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:00 pm

O lies all the time as well - including where he was born.

Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:08 pm

Yes politicians do like lying.

ROMNEY THE LIAR'S CLEAN ENERGY LIES FROM THE DEBATE

Romney falsely claimed “about half” of the clean-energy companies that received U.S.-backed loans “have gone out of business.” But 26 companies received loan guarantees under a loan program cited by Romney, and three of those have filed for bankruptcy. The three firms were approved for about 6 percent of the loan guarantees.

Romney incorrectly claimed the “$90 billion in breaks to the green energy world” was provided “in one year.” It was two.

He stated at one point that Obama put $90 billion “into solar and wind.” But only $21 billion went for renewable energy projects, “such as the installation of wind turbines and solar panels,” according to a White House document cited by the Romney campaign. The spending also included $18 billion for transit projects and $10 billion to upgrade the nation’s electrical grid.

He falsely claimed the $90 billion was equal to “about 50 years’ worth of what oil and gas receives” in tax breaks, which he estimated at $2.8 billion. By his own figures, it would have been 32 years’ worth. But it’s even less than that. The administration estimates that eliminating oil and gas tax preferences would raise about $3.9 billion a year (23 years’ worth). The industry itself says the administration would increase its taxes by $8.5 billion a year (10.5 years’ worth).

He falsely claimed Obama “put $90 billion into green jobs … that would have hired 2 million teachers.” But that $90 billion included loan guarantees, not just grant money, and the government can’t hire teachers with loan guarantees.

There's much more, but you get the idea. I think a lot of people who were impressed by Willard's fraudulent salesman act on Wednesday night are taking a second look and realizing that this guy lied about EVERY issue, relentlessly and remorselessly. His election would be a catastrophe both for the nation and the world.

I mean, when it comes to telling lies, Willard makes Richard Nixon look like a nun.

http://romneytheliar.blogspot.co.uk/

God bless Mitt and Monsanto

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:26 am