tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Radiation Levels in California Rain Recorded at 506% Above Normal

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Radiation Levels in California Rain Recorded at 506% Above Normal   Empty Radiation Levels in California Rain Recorded at 506% Above Normal

Post  Carol Thu May 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Radiation Levels in California Rain Recorded at 506% Above Normal
    A radiation test carried out after a storm swept through Southern California has recorded radiation at 506% above normal background levels.
    The EnviroReporter, through their Inspector Alert nuclear radiation monitor, has conducted over 1,500 radiation tests with the most recent one being by far the highest levels seen.
    QUOTE:
    I had so many friends and readers sending me information about what supposedly was going on that I got all worked up and started to collect all of the scary articles to put in this piece. Then I noticed that some of the sources that everyone was quoting were saying things like: each of the 1200 spent fuel rods in the number four reactor could kill 2.3 billion people. I thought about that and started to dig and found, that like my automobile example above, in order to make that case one had to assume that each rod decomposed to the smallest particles, each of which was distributed, one particle to each human all across the planet. That, of course, is not how things work and therefore I found some of those “facts” more than a little disingenuous.

Then they were also saying that 14,000 babies died from the Fukushima fallout in the first month after the disaster, not in Japan but on the U.S west coast. The reports I have been reading say that no one in Japan – not even the workers who have been inside of the destroyed reactors – have died from radiation, but here are “experts” saying that many thousands of American babies did. It didn’t sound right to me. So, I turned to a dear friend and extraordinary researcher and asked her to look into it. Here’s what I got back.

John, I’m a bit embarrassed to send you this rushed, surface-skimming overview of the free-floating miasma that is the “nuclear wars” topic. In the limited time I had to drill down into so vast a field, I tried to distil what seems to me to be the salient aspects of the vast subject, and then I cherry-picked the most representative (if not most authoritative – no such thing in 2012) or at least noteworthy or useful source(s) to each aspect. This barely scratches the surface, needless to say. And my assumption is, as always, that you already know all of what’s below, and more than I do, anyway, and will spot the obvious gaps --
    Current known situational status in Japan – broadest overview. See a summary by Greenpeace here (factual while not agenda-free, of course – none such exists). See also here about protests in Japan, now that the last reactor is shut down (and, just by the way, here about current status of quake-tsunami debris removal), and here for running daily updates. Latest: TEPCO has just been effectively nationalized (taken into “protective custody” by the Japanese government).

Massive controversy and a myriad of voices. Quantification of topic info providers: For an interesting and useful (though limited) mapping mashup of the post-Fukushima radiation debate online, see this graphic aggregation and analysis of the many spheres and categories of actors involved. Using Navicrawler to scrape, refine and structure official data, the resultant graph depicts websites taking part in the radiation issue – producing and using info, and debating the nature, location and level of radiation – as nodes. The project also provides a list of the websites utilized, with the data sets ranked according to a hits algorithm - numerically and cluster-wise. The mapped topology shows the highly polarized nature of the issue, mainly between official sources (Japanese ministries, prefectures, industries, international organizations, and universities) and civil society (delineated here as anti-nuclear activists, independent bloggers, citizen and neighborhood defense group, and the “mother and children defense organization”).

Excluded from this exercise: global debates raging in discussion groups, personal/grassroots Web commentary, alternative news outlets – and, of course, all “unconventional” info sharing. Though these info outposts constitute minefields for discernment, my own opinion/bias is that this fact shows up the real limitations and partial-only nature of this project. Still pretty interesting to me, though.

Note, especially: The above mapping project also provides only a temporary snapshot of the ongoing great online debate – this one harnessed in August 2011, but published with a brief update in March 2012. Another beautiful version of the graph here, published in Der Freitag. (If you want me to translate the German text, just let me know.)

Two aspects to the global debate. One year on, the debates seem to have settled into a) a fiercely renewed disagreement globally about the general/theoretical need for and wisdom of nuclear power. One article (from a great many) summing up the four main global polarizing perspectives and a number of international stances here. And b) an acute info war, spanning the entire voice spectrum from “Crisis? What crisis? Utter nonsense!” on the one end to “End of the world – we’re already dying and everything is being hushed up” on the other – between the establishment actors and the activists/radical concerned counterculturals.

In b) above, a few voices carry (perhaps) more viral influence than others.

* Most often quoted/reposted source on the mainstream concerned/pessimist side: Gunderson and Robert Alvarez, IPS, ex US DOE (Why Fukushima Is a Greater Disaster than Chernobyl and a Warning Sign for the U.S.) and Ron Wyden (D-OR) (After Tour of Fukushima Nuclear Power Station, Wyden Says Situation Worse than Reported). As expected, Wyden drew much criticism for “politicking without being a knowledgeable scientist” – see, e.g., Steve Skotnik (Overheated rods & rhetoric). French sociologist Paul Jobin’s concerns are also often quoted/reposted, including his reference to Japanese Minister of Health Kosako resignation (in tears on TV).

The enormous controversy around the details of actual and “allowable” radiation levels (specifically in Japan, in the USA, and generally elsewhere) is too huge to touch here. See just one recent example here of the ongoing tests and claims and investigations.

* Recent typically quoted/reposted source on the mainstream unconcerned/optimist/pro-business side – the usual suspects – from too many to mention: TIME (“it appears now that the disaster wasn't as serious as many experts first believed — with even the Fukushima emergency workers spared dangerous exposure to radiation”); WSJ (“Fukushima Health Impact: Minimal?”); MediaCorp Asia Channel News (“Fukushima Prefecture: Unfounded fears over radiation contamination has badly affected the whole of Japan's northern Tohoku region.” ‘These are levels that are comparable to major cities like Singapore and New York. The measurement is even lower than in Seoul.”)

* The independent, more “radical” view: Most notable for me, this report (FOIA accessed NRC meeting transcript) in March on EneNews, the outing/activist site for all things Fukushima-related (Controversy after US gov’t estimate showed 40,000 microsievert thyroid dose for California infants from Fukushima — Data not released to public — “Very high doses to children”). An insightful, while not surprising, read!

This *seemingly* lends support to the most prevalent conspiracy claims around the Web that the NRC projected a possible maximum thyroid dose at that lethal level and suppressed their intel; that they did not issue even a cautionary advisory pending plume arrival and actual West Coast measurements; and that they issued an "all clear," crossing their fingers. Consensus in more radical/activist circles: Just because “we lucked out” doesn't eliminate the NRC's gross dereliction of duty.

Note: The argument here that “we lucked out” (re plume arrival) seems to contradict the ongoing claim in the same circles that “the worst is yet to be.” Or does it?

(Regarding “plume arrival” and subsequent claims, see, just for example, AN UNEXPECTED MORTALITY INCREASE IN THE UNITED STATES FOLLOWS ARRIVAL OF THE RADIOACTIVE PLUME FROM FUKUSHIMA: IS THERE A CORRELATION? here – quoted on/linked to from countless alt sites; see also alt report on the so-called “Plume-gate”/FOIA NRC transcript here.)

My usual favorite alt website (note my own bias/worldview herewith), ZeroHedge, had a representative summary here, also quoting Wyden, titled Fukushima Fuel Pools Are an American National Security Issue, among regular posts on the topic.

I no longer follow the worst of the tabloidy alt sites, the content of which are IMO just too unsubstantiated or sensationalism-driven, such as NaturalNews, infowars.com/Alex Jones, and many similar ones – but Jones did have a rather useful issue summary here a few weeks ago.

Recent and ongoing studies and tests. Random examples: Highest Estimate Yet: Fukushima about equal to Chernobyl, says US gov’t funded study (Enenews report) – actual study here; Washington fish tested for tsunami-related radiation (report); in Japan, latest on schools tested civil groups by: Nuclear 'hot spots' detected at 20 schools in Fukushima, also reported here.

Related issues beyond Fukushima as such. The disaster triggered renewed debate (and political infighting) across the entire energy landscape, not limited to but most notably in these areas:

*The global nuclear waste disposal conundrum: See, for example, here, and here (in 2 parts).

*Nuclear vs. fossil and other forms of energy: Examples here, and here.

*What comprises “clean energy?”: Here. Important and interesting to me!

*Developing nuclear policy in the US (expanding evacuation policy, etc.): Example here.

My personal opinion, for what it’s worth. As you know, in this and all political wars I accept/believe barely a word coming from official and mainstream sources, though I follow the strategic developments and try to discern where the partisan/vested/moneyed interests lead. I always lean towards the alternative info sources, bearing in mind that they’re far from being paragons of virtue, either. I really don’t know, John. During the late 1970s and early 1980s, when I was going through my (typical) youthful save-the-world developmental phase, I was quite active in the anti-nuclear movement in the then fledgling nuke industry – and it saddens me now to see how little the strategies and arguments and claims and statistics quoted on both sides of the nuclear divide have changed – let alone advanced - (beyond some structural-related detail updates due to the changed times): in most ways, we’re fighting the exact same wars, making more or less the same claims, using the same forms of argumentation and claims, as three decades ago. (Einstein: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.") I just can’t think the extremes on either side regarding (post-)Fukushima is correct – but I do suspect, from all I’ve read and followed, that the fallout (in every sense of the word) is probably much worse than any official authority lets on – or even knows. The end of the world, though? What does that even mean?

Then this piece came out about a week ago:

Nuclear Cheerleaders Use Voodoo Science to Pretend Low Levels of Radiation Are Safe Or Even Good For You

My friends who have PhDs in nuclear engineering scoff at the notion that low levels of radiation are harmful, saying that we live in an intrinsically (low level) radioactive environment. They talk about concrete structures all having low levels of radiation and walking across the yard on a sunny day and flying in aircraft exposing you. One very credible friend who had worked with nuclear power generators all of his life told me that he had, on a number of occasions been exposed to amounts of radiation that the “experts” were now saying were dangerous but he was in good health and approaching 90 and knew that these assertions were unfounded.

So, I don’t really know what is really real here -- what is true. This could be bad or might not be. It’s hard for find anyone who is truly objective. In any case, I’m not certain what to do about it right now.

But here’s my bottom line: For those of us who believe that we exist is a benign reality that is moving us all through the end of one era (that of course must necessarily end) toward a new world that has every indication of being quite wonderful, these kind of events will not be the end of the world – at least our world. Something extraordinary is going on and there are a lot of moving parts in play and, by definition, it’s too complicated for mere mortals to fully understand what really is happening and what it means.

Furthermore, many “unconventional” sources that we have quoted here and recommended to you, very specifically say that there will be great trying events during this period and our job is not to get caught up in all of the drama and give energy to the dystopian possibilities that will continue to swirl around us for the coming months. In fact, it will probably get worse, with big earthquakes and other solar-engendered events on the horizon, (to say nothing about the global financial system that is clearly not doing well), so we might think of this Fukushima situation as just a dry-run for a growing series of increasingly impressive events.

I don’t think we came this far in our evolutionary process to all die before the new world could emerge. We’ve done better than that.

A Rather Interesting Angle to the Issue

What isn’t mentioned much in the attempt to fan up a catastrophe is the very interesting story bubbling around underneath all of the high-profile stuff – the possibility that Japan has nuclear weapons and that part of the lack of transparency is their (and the U.S.’s) attempt to see that that secret is not exposed. Here are a couple of pointers to that possibility.

United States Circumvented Laws To Help Japan Accumulate Tons of Plutonium

The United States deliberately allowed Japan access to the United States’ most secret nuclear weapons facilities while it transferred tens of billions of dollars worth of American tax paid research that has allowed Japan to amass 70 tons of weapons grade plutonium since the 1980s, a National Security News Service investigation reveals.

Missing' plutonium leaves nuclear industry red-faced

About 200 kilograms of plutonium produced by a Japanese nuclear plant - enough to make 25 nuclear bombs - have technically gone "missing", Japanese authorities have revealed. Secret Weapons Program Inside Fukushima Nuclear Plant?

U.S.-Japan security treaty fatally delayed nuclear workers' fight against meltdown

The smoke and mirrors at Fukushima 1 seem to obscure a steady purpose, an iron will and a grim task unknown to outsiders. The most logical explanation: The nuclear industry and government agencies are scrambling to prevent the discovery of atomic-bomb research facilities hidden inside Japan's civilian nuclear power plants.

That’s it for now. Back to you in a couple of weeks.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Radiation Levels in California Rain Recorded at 506% Above Normal   Empty Re: Radiation Levels in California Rain Recorded at 506% Above Normal

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu May 24, 2012 2:10 pm

I continue to suspect that this madness was deliberately-inflicted -- and this really makes me mad. I continue to wonder if this is simply the beginning of the end. I continue to suspect that all nuclear power and weapons programs throughout the world -- are part of one common program with central leadership. Same goes for the space-programs (public and secret). Just speculation, mind you...
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Radiation Levels in California Rain Recorded at 506% Above Normal   Empty Re: Radiation Levels in California Rain Recorded at 506% Above Normal

Post  Mercuriel Mon May 28, 2012 11:34 pm

They began the Cull a ways back Oxy...

We're trying to showcase It and through the rest finally becoming awares of It - Hopefully stopping It...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    loveandgratitude
    loveandgratitude

Post  loveandgratitude Mon May 28, 2012 11:46 pm

Do not forget the Smart Meters............the huge amount of radiation they pump out is astronomical.

They are trying to roast us alive.

SAY NO TO SMART METERS
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue May 29, 2012 1:05 am

I never knew that they pumped out radiation. Scary.

loveandgratitude
    loveandgratitude

Post  loveandgratitude Tue May 29, 2012 1:30 am

Smart Meters are a weapon of mass destruction.

You and your family will be sick within a month of them being installed.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue May 29, 2012 1:42 am

Who has done the radiation reading tests? There should be some data somewhere on this.

loveandgratitude
    loveandgratitude

Post  loveandgratitude Tue May 29, 2012 1:59 am

USING SMART METERS THAT EMIT A LOT OF RADIATION ALL THE TIME. IT CAUSES SO MANY HEALTH & MENTAL PROBLEMS. ***BY INSTALLING THEM IN CONDO, APT. ETC. COMPLEXES ..THEY IN ESSENCE BRING THE FEMA CAMPS TO EACH COMPLEX..."THEY" CAN TURN UP THE OUTPUT OF RADIATION ON THE SMART METERS WHICH IS MULTIPLIED MANY MANY TIMES CAUSING PHYSICAL, MENTAL EMOTIONAL,..PROBLEMS PLUS DEATH !!

Get the SAFE ELECTRIC METER REPLACEMENT KIT at FreedomTaker(d'o't'c'o'm), legal notice template included.

Smart Meters
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JNFr_j6kdI

The Dark Side of 'Smart' Meters
    In this invitational presentation to the San Francisco Tesla Society consulting engineer Rob States explains how PG&E's so-called 'smart' meters work and why they endanger health and privacy. He asks the obvious question, "Why would you trust the company that brought you Prop. 16?"
    For more info:
    EMFSafetyNetwork.org StopSmartMeters.wordpress.com EON3EMFblog.net BioInitiative.org

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLeCTaSG2-U

Replacing A Smart Meter With A Safe Analog Meter.mov

This video demonstrates a way to protect your home from EMF pollution and unlawful surveillance.

"Smart Meters" have been misrepresented as safe and lawful. They have not been shown to be either, and they are known to be otherwise.

Smart Meters emit dangerous pulsed EMF radiation (a class 2b carcinogen) into private property, and they are instruments of surveillance as defined by Federal Wiretapping Law because Smart Meters monitor personal activities by electronic means inside private homes and businesses.

Power companies, local governments and regulators have badly failed to investigate and confirm the legality and safety of Smart Meters, preferring instead to take the advice and directions of "experts" and "stakeholders" who stand to make billions on this destructive and invasive technology.

Never before has such a poorly conceived and dubious program been undertaken against, ultimately, every person on the planet who receives distributed electrical service.

The dangers to the public are so obvious that to be a proponent of Smart Meters is to be suspect of intentional wrongdoing or severe ignorance.

There will soon be massive backlash against not just Smart Meters but the wider attitude by wealthy elites that they may invade, control and exploit people's private lives as they wish.

People are awakening to these frauds at an accelerating pace. This video is just one tiny part of that general public awakening.

Today, it may seem radical to refuse or reject a Smart Meter on your home. Soon, most of us will have difficulty understanding how a program as unwise and offensive the Smart Meter program could have been contemplated in the first place.

Never support or vote for any electoral candidate who does not openly oppose Smart Meters.

You may have a Smart Meter on your house, and you may have thought it was harmless. The more you learn about these devices the more you will change your mind.

The good news: It is not your fault that you have been deceived. It is never too late to get rid of your Smart Meter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ8YR7Kzj_M

Smart Meters, Dirty Electricity and Disease

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci5GGqEPecE

"The Truth About Smart Meters"
    The city councils of Santa Cruz, Scotts Valley, Capitola and Watsonville, and the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors have called for a moratorium on the installation of PG&E "SmartMeters". Why is PG&E ignoring these explicit demands and going ahead with the 2+ billion dollar "roll out"? The SmartMeter system collects electric and gas usage from homes and transmits the data via pulsed microwave to a wireless network (=no meter readers!). FIND OUT if these microwave meters are the future for GREEN energy or DANGEROUS and INACCURATE and reveal private details of daily life - when people wake up, come home, take a hot bath and go on vacation.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-nmaYU6kek&feature=related

loveandgratitude
    loveandgratitude

Post  loveandgratitude Tue May 29, 2012 2:08 am

Inexpensive Method To Shield a Room Against Microwave Energy

From Ken Adachi, Editor
    http://educate-yourself.org/cn/microwaveshielding09jan12.shtml
    Jan 9, 2012

Inexpensive Method To Shield a Room Against Microwave Energy (Jan 9, 2012)

After Smart Meters were installed in my neighborhood in October 2011, I borrowed a good quality German High Frequency (HF) meter to measure the intensity of microwave radiation being pulsed from the Smart meters every two minutes (24 hours a day). I was flabbergasted by the readings. In many cases, they exceeded the upper limit that the HF meter was capable of recording. I reported the details of the readings I got from Smart Meters in three radio interviews conducted with Don Nicoloff and ZS Livingstone. You can listen to those radio shows from these links:

(download the file, unzip it, and listen to the mp3 file in your media player)

Ken Adachi, ZSL & Don Nicoloff in Conversation Nov. 4, 2011 (Nov. 9, 2011) Smart Meters Part 3
    http://educate-yourself.org/vcd/KenAdachiZSL04nov11interview.zip

Ken Adachi, ZSL & Don Nicoloff in Conversation Nov. 3, 2011 (Nov. 5, 2011) Smart Meters Part 2
    http://educate-yourself.org/vcd/KenAdachiZSL03nov11interview.zip

Ken Adachi, ZSL & Don Nicoloff in Conversation Nov. 1, 2011 (Nov. 5, 2011)Smart Meters Part 1
    http://educate-yourself.org/vcd/KenAdachiZSL01nov11interview.zip

I also took HF meter readings outside many homes in my immediate area, as well as readings inside my home and that of a neighbor's home. I was shocked to discover that people who use Wifi wireless routers inside their homes are simply bathing themselves in high intensity microwave energy fields 24 hours a day. I was getting readings of 200-400 microwatts outside of their windows and exterior walls. Inside the home I checked, the readings were as high as 600-1,000 microwatts.

That is an insane amount of microwave energy to subject your body to 24 hours a day. German and Austrian environmental health groups recommend one microwatt (1 uw) as the upper limit of exposure to microwave energy fields.

If you want to preserve your health, get rid of ALL wireless devices in your home. First, stop using wireless routers, wireless printers, wireless keyboards, wireless mouse, etc. Then get rid of cordless phones if you use them. If you must use a cell phone, use it on speaker phone mode or use the ear buds to listen and talk, but don't put the cell phone directly against your ear as most people foolishly do. We are going to have an explosion of brain cancers in 20 or 30 years from now and cell phones are going to be the reason for it. If you are pregnant, you cannot be living in a high intensity RF field, such as that produced by a wireless router. You have no idea how much developmental danger that presents to a growing fetus.

If you have wireless devices in your home and you don't notice any symptoms of RF pollution yet, just wait a few year--you will. And the older you are, the faster it will happen. The tolerance to RF energy fields goes down over time. Your body can absorb and handle so much, but after you pass a certain tolerance point, the body goes into overload and you will get the typical symptoms of dizziness, light headedness, head congestions, nervousness, palpitations, inability to fall asleep, etc. The body is like a rain barrel that will gradually fills up from RF energy pollution and when it hits the top of the barrel and begins to overflow, you'll begin to notice the symptoms.

Once you are sensitized to high intensity RF fields, it's not so easy to become un-sensitized to that energy and you have to work a lot harder to live in a very low intensity RF environment to feel normal again. Save yourself the wear and tear on your body. Get rid of ALL wireless devices in your home--today.

To minimize microwave energy fields entering your home from Smart Meters or your abutting neighbor's wireless computer router transmitter, you can line your interior walls with aluminized Mylar sheeting called "energy blankets" typically found at sporting good stores, or camping equipment stores, or even from drug stores in some areas. The ones I bought are called "Space brand, Emergency Blanket, First-Aid Thermal Blanket" (available from www.warmers.com). I paid $3.99 each, purchased at a local Big 5 sporting goods store. The "blanket" is made of thin Mylar plastic with an aluminum coating on one side. The one I bought measures 56 inches x 84 inches and weighs 3 oz.

The aluminized coating is conductive to radio frequency (RF) waves and will collect most of that energy and not allow it to radiate to the other side of the Mylar sheet, thus blocking or shielding most of the RF energy. I measured the DC resistance (using my digital multi meter) from one corner of the "blanket" to the opposite diagonal corner and got a resistance reading of only 6.2 ohms, which is quite good considering the thinness of the aluminized coating. Remember that the aluminized coating is only on one side of the Mylar sheet, the opposite side of the sheet is Mylar plastic so we have to carefully identify which side of the sheet has the aluminum coating. The only sure way is to take a resistance reading using a multi-meter.

The aluminized side will register a relatively low reading in ohms while the opposite side will register an infinity reading. The aluminized side is slightly shinier than the plastic side and you might "feel" the aluminized side is different than the plastic side (but use a meter to be sure). The significance of knowing which side has the aluminum coating will become apparent when we install the sheets on the wall and overlap their edges to insure a single conductive surface.

If you know from which direction that microwave energy is being radiated into your home, you can put up a wall of these aluminized energy blankets, ground them to the grounding socket of your grounded electric wall outlet, and effectively install a grounded metal shield barrier to the RF energy. This will essentially cut down the RF energy entering that protected space by 90% or more. I've taken RF energy readings both in front of the grounded Mylar energy blankets and behind them and found the shielding to be quite good.

You can block most RF energy from entering a designated space by erecting a six sided metal box (four walls, ceiling and floor) or cage all around that space and grounding out the metal. A "Faraday cage" is simply the radio engineer's name for such a metal enclosure. If the frequency is not too high, you can get away with all-metal screening such as fine mesh copper screening or aluminum screening. Solid and continuous metal foil will block very high frequency RF waves better than screening, but I would still use screening if I had no other choice. In our case, we are using the aluminized Mylar energy blanket as a substitute for solid aluminum foil. If we actually tried to do the job with aluminum foil, you know how easily it would tear and how unwieldy it is to maneuver, but the aluminized Mylar sheeting works like a dream. It doesn't tear easily, yet it's lightweight and very flexible. A perfect choice for our homemade microwave shielding.

The German HF meter I used, Model HF35C,was purchased from www.lessemf.com . Here's a descripton of the meter from their web site. It costs $430

http://lessemf.com/rf.html

HIGH FREQUENCY METER

Calibrated, Directional, Accurate, Sensitive
    This is the Recommend Meter for Checking "Smart Meter" Emissions

High Frequency Meter

We like this calibrated wideband (800 MHz – 2.5 GHz) RF meter because it has a switch which allows a choice of peak or average indication mode. This permits accurate measurement of both digital and analog signals. Two ranges: 1 - 1999 µW/m² (same as 0.1 – 199.9 nW/cm²) and 0.1 - 199.9 µW/m² (same as 0.01 – 19.99 nW/cm²).

In addition, you get a choice of audio tone – none, or intensity proportional to field strength, or proportional to frequency (for analyzing pulsed signals)
    - accuracy ±6 dB
    - true logarithmic - periodic antenna, 800 MHz – 2.5 GHz, single polarized, included
    - standard 9V battery included

Easily detects cell phone towers, cordless phones even microwave oven leaks. Instructions in German and English. The 3 minute YouTube video at right demonstrates how the sounds from this meter help distinguish different sources of RF (video sound starts after 19 seconds). 2 year Warranty. Model HF35C.

The Sounds of Different RF Radiation Sources with a HF Analyzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s99i0H-nBw4&feature=player_embedded

You need to rent, buy, or borrow a meter like this in order to determine where you need shielding in your home.

Buy enough Mylar energy blankets to cover the area you want to shield. Two energy blankets laid out with the long axis horizontal, will cover a wall from floor to ceiling if your ceiling is not more than 8 feet high. Most ceilings are 7 feet, 6 inches or so. We need to use wide strips of aluminum foil to join the edges of the Mylar energy blankets together so we get a solid metal connection and good conductance between each adjacent energy blanket attached to the wall. I'll explain with diagrams further below how to do it.

Remove the Mylar energy blanket from the box, unroll it, and spread it out flat on the floor. You need to determine which side has the aluminum coating by testing with a Digital multi meter set to the resistance scale. After setting the scale to read resistance, place the two test probes on one side of the Mylar sheet and see which sides shows a relatively low reading in ohms. That's the side with the aluminized coating. I placed a short piece of blue masking tape in each corner of the aluminized side so I would know which side had the aluminum coating when I begin to install it.

( to be continued )

Ken Adachi

loveandgratitude
    loveandgratitude

Post  loveandgratitude Tue May 29, 2012 2:13 am

Open letter to the Premier from a Doctor
    Posted on March 30, 2012 by Stop Smart Meters Australia

22nd February 2012

To the Premier of Victoria

Mr Baillieu,

Since the completion of the smart meter roll-out in my area, I have been very, very sick.

I have continuous palpitations, chest pain, a weird taste in my mouth, loss of appetite, lethargy, dizziness, faint attacks, inability to concentrate and complete insomnia.

I have the feelings at home, in the street, in all the streets of my area and at the shops.

I am not able to function. I can’t work, I can’t look after my family, I need my husband, who is now the only breadwinner, to take care of me.

My symptoms only disappear when I am in an area without smart meters, in a large park or on the beach. When my husband drives me through the Melbourne suburbs, I tell him when I feel my symptoms abate, he stops the car and looks at house fronts and, sure enough, he sees the old-style meters. This can be reproduced very predictably.

We now have to sell our home and find a place to live, where I get few or no symptoms. In the long-term, we have no choice but to leave the state of Victoria, as even if I find a ‘symptom free’ home, my life would still be very limited, as I
    could not roam most streets, go to most shops, visit friends, work etc.

My family’s life has been completely ruined. We have lost everything we had worked for. My two teenage kids have to cope with the trauma and grief of the overwhelming loss that awaits us on a daily basis. I already can no longer work as a doctor, eventually my kids will have to leave their school, university, grandparents and friends behind.

This is all senseless and monstrous. Even in the big scheme of things, my life matters and so do the lives of those who depend on me, especially my family and friends, for whom I am not replaceable.

What happened to me was avoidable and clearly a breach of human rights – the right to health and the right not to be subjected to experimentation without my consent.

The community has never been consulted on the need for smart meters, or even well-informed.

With the mandatory Victorian smart meter roll-out we will have irreversibly compromised those democratic values that have defined Australia so far.

Dr Federica Lamech

loveandgratitude
    loveandgratitude

Post  loveandgratitude Tue May 29, 2012 2:14 am

Letter About Dangers of Smart Meters by Jim Waugh, EMF Expert

by Kim Duess

From Jim Waugh who is the Author & publisher of: “Living Safely with Electromagnetic Radiation”

Dear Friends,

No doubt you are aware of the Smart Meter Program that BC Hydro began moving ahead in July. The $930 million program was announced in 2008 by Premier Gordon Campbell to allow BC Hydro to replace existing analogue electric meters with smart meters for all of its 1.8 million customers.

The smart meter program concerns me deeply because there are significant safety, health and privacy issues that BC Hydro is not disclosing to the public. I feel an urgent need to tell as many people as possible why the smart meter program is a really bad idea and what we can do to opt out of it.

Why be concerned about Smart Meters?

Smart meters using wireless technology are being installed in many US states and European countries (Idaho and Italy used fibre-optic connections rather than wireless). The installations have been met with intense opposition from concerned citizens. Why are these people angry and protesting smart meters with such vigour? They are concerned that wireless radiation from smart meter networks will compound their existing exposure to harmful radio-frequency (RF) radiation and increase their risks of illness. There have been numerous reports of people becoming sick shortly after smart meters were installed on their homes. We are being exposed to high levels of RF radiation, whether we choose to or not, from sources such as cell antenna towers, Wi-Fi, cellphones, cordless phones and other wireless technologies. Smart meters will add to the RF contamination in our homes, unnecessarily.

A significant percentage of the population (about 35%) feel the effects of RF radiation through symptoms like headaches, confusion, tinnitus, insomnia, fatigue, irritability, dizziness and flu-like symptoms. A segment of the population, approximately 3–5% percent, suffers with acute sensitivities to radio-frequencies much like allergic reactions that can be quite severe and debilitating. Scientists are concerned about the strong link between man-made radiation and increases in reported cases of childhood and adult leukemia and brain tumours. Cases of autism have increased by 6,000% in recent years and new cases of Alzheimer’s disease are expected to increase by 300% in North America. Despite our war on cancer, reported cases of lung cancer are up 50%, breast cancer up 200% and prostate cancer up 400%. RF radiation has greater effects on children because their bodies are smaller and in the developing stages. By proceeding with the installation of wireless smart meters, BC Hydro is deliberately and unnecessarily risking the health of thousands of children and adults under the guise of reducing energy usage.

What does Health Canada say?

BC Hydro claims the RF radiation from their smart meters is not harmful to people and are within Health Canada guidelines. The truth is the safe exposure guidelines recommended by Health Canada deals only with the thermal effects of wireless radiation while ignoring the non-thermal effects. This means that if the radiation from wireless smart meters is not causing the tissue of your body to increase in temperature then you have nothing to worry about. Health Canada dismisses the biological effects of low-level RF radiation by ignoring hundreds of published research studies that document biological effects at intensities thousands of times lower than what Health Canada deems to be safe. The biological effects over time can lead to any number of health effects, immune system and neurological disorders and diseases including cancer. Wireless smart meter radiation can be harmful to humans and any statements by BC Hydro to the contrary are simply not true.

There is a real possibility that a large number of scenarios will occur where overlapping smart meter radiation may result in very high radiation densities. A computer model done by Sage Associates, a company located in Santa Barbara, California demonstrated a number of situations where radiation densities would exceed US FCC (Federal Communications Commission) guidelines. FCC safe limit guidelines are similar to those claimed by Health Canada. One situation was a kitchen in a single family home in which radiation spikes from a smart meter mounted on the outside wall entered the room and reflected off the major appliances causing multiple doses to occupants. These effects would be compounded if neighbouring smart meters were in close proximity to your house. A situation I am familiar with is a townhouse complex where 15 analog electric meters are currently mounted on a wall common with an owner’s master bedroom. When BC Hydro installs the smart meters, each one will be reporting information to the wireless network 100 or more times a day resulting in excess of 1,500 radiation spikes over a 24 hour period, 365 days a year. It is very likely that similar situations will occur all over the Province in long-term care facilities, daycare and pre-school facilities, schools, public buildings and residential neighbourhoods.

What is the real truth about the smart meter program?

The smart meter program is not about saving money and reducing energy consumption. It’s about a big company doing whatever it takes to return big profits to the Provincial Government: A recent newspaper article suggested that the smart meter program is designed to add value to BC Hydro for a quick BC Rail-type sale. Smart meters are about gathering and recording very detailed personal information about you and your habits and selling it to whoever pays the price, like insurance companies and other organizations with deep pockets including government agencies. The information stored in BC Hydro computers will over time be worth a fortune. Smart meters are personal surveillance devices that will record when you go to bed and when you get up, if and when you get up during the night, when you leave for work and return home, and when you’re on vacation. They will record what appliances you use and for how long. The wireless signals they send to BC Hydro will be prone to hacking by anyone with the means and intent (according to the US security firm InGuardians) because they are simply radio transmitters. Hackers have become extremely astute at stealing personal information and disrupting operating systems as the Pentagon, Sony and Apple have discovered and I’m sure BC Hydro will not be immune.

Where’s the opt-out clause?

The BC Hydro smart meter program does not give customers an option to opt-out. In May 2011 a law firm in the state of Maine successfully convinced the Maine Public Utilities Commission to find “that it was an unjust and unreasonable practice for Central Maine Power Company to refuse to permit residential and small commercial customers to opt-out of CMP’s smart meter program.” The firm was able to prove “that because of unresolved concerns relating to health, privacy and cyber security resulting from the installation of wireless meters on their homes,” that customers should be given a choice. This was the first time in the United States that an electric utility was ordered to give customers a choice and it will serve as a precedent for other jurisdictions.

What about property values?

The possibility that some customers may be successful in retaining their analogue meters may have a positive affect their long-term property values. A number of studies have been published that demonstrate stigmas such as close proximity of a residential property to high-voltage transmission lines, distribution lines, utility poles, and utility pole and ground mounted transformers can have a negative effect on values by as much as 2–20%. I expect that when the class action suits involving personal injury due to cellphone use currently proceeding in the United States are successful, two more property value stigmas will become cell antennas near or mounted on buildings and smart meters.

To my knowledge, smart meter installations in Canada and the United States have not resulted in significant energy savings because smart meters cannot save energy. Electrical energy savings can only be realized by changing customer habits. If a person has been conscientious and following the suggestions for electrical energy conservation that BC Hydro has been promoting for a number of years, he/she may realize a cost saving by baking cookies for the grandchildren at 3:00 AM rather than 3:00 PM or doing the laundry at 2:00 in the morning but it is a scenario that is unlikely and totally beyond the control of BC Hydro.

Get the facts from two other sources

There are a couple of You Tube videos that I encourage you to watch that you will enjoy:

The first one, about 4½ minutes long, is narrated by Gerry Day and is a good natured look at some of the chilling facts about smart meters: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JNFr_j6kdI

The second one is about 32 minutes in length and is presented by Rob States, an electrical engineer in California who has the experience and expertise to clearly explain how smart meters will impact your health: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLeCTaSG2-U

BC Hydro customers will not benefit from the Smart Meter Program and we will be forced, without our permission, to bear the risks. This is not right and we must demonstrate our concerns by opting-out.

You can do this easily by completing the form letter I have attached and sending it to BC Hydro and others who should be notified of your concerns. Just insert your account number and your address near the top with your full name/s near the bottom and send the letter by email with a paper copy to BC Hydro by registered mail.

This is something you must do right away.

Send your letter of refusal now.

Thousands of smart meters are being installed daily and time is running out.

Sincerely,

Jim Waugh

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:31 pm