tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Alive Inside - Old Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Alive Inside - Old Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era Empty Alive Inside - Old Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era

Post  Carol Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:57 pm

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Alive Inside - Old Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era Empty Re: Alive Inside - Old Man In Nursing Home Reacts To Hearing Music From His Era

Post  mudra Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:00 pm

Thank You Carol. This was a touching video.
    I once attended a talk given by a shaman here in Brussels.
    He said that when he first arrived in Europe he felt so sad when he discovered what we do to the elderly
    in our so called civilized countries. To him placing them in homes was cutting ourselves
    from that part of life where as you grow older you acquire wisdom .
    In the native world elderly people are much respected and remain within the family until
    time has come for their departure.
    When I went to Guatemala on a visit in my twenties I discovered entire villages where while
    the strongest and youngest would be working in the fields , the elders remain home attending
    the children .For these wise people there is a place for every one within the community no
    matter what age you are and so it makes a perfect circle from birth to death.
    We in our western civilizations have broken the circle . When we put our elders in homes
    it's like saying to them they can't serve anymore and it kills them to feel so useless.
    I guess this is why in that center we see in the video the elders are so introverted.
    It is lovely to see someone there cared enough to bring some life force back to them and
    found a workable way to do so through music.

Love for You
    mudra

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:47 pm