tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Plasma. The Future Energy source

Micjer
    Micjer

Plasma.  The Future Energy source Empty Plasma. The Future Energy source

Post  Micjer Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:30 am

lawlessline
    lawlessline

Plasma.  The Future Energy source Empty Re: Plasma. The Future Energy source

Post  lawlessline Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:49 am

Nice Find.Micjer

Thanks

Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:49 am

I sure wish I had a physics teacher like her when I went to school! Not only is she eye candy, she explains things so well.

My physics teacher never taught me about the fourth type of matter.

Crazy Happy
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:17 pm

Plasma fusion becomes a reality?

http://rt.com/usa/news/plasma-fusion-energy-nuclear-080/

Scientists in a New Jersey laboratory say they are close to a major breakthrough in the field of fusion that they predict will soon allow for an unlimited source of the cheapest, cleanest and safest energy ever.

Researchers at Lawrenceville Plasma Physics in Middlesex, NJ have published the results of their recent work in the Physics of Plasmas journal last week, and expect one of their next rounds of testing to finally tackle an issue of energy procurement that would rival anything already available. In their latest breakthrough, fusion researchers at the lab say that they’ve successfully heated and confined an ionized gas at record temperatures which would be high enough to allow for the nuclear fusion of certain elements, including hydrogen and boron. Those elements double as aneutronic fuels — that is, they produce no neutrons during the fusion process — and could thus be quickly converted to electricity without using the expensive and dangerous conversion measures currently available. Scientists say they believe they are close to a breakthrough that will allow them to harness energy from the elements and thus work with an energy source more marketable than anything now available.

According to the scientists, they have identified and emulated two of the three conditions necessary to show energy production with aneutronic fuels. Eric Lerner, a chief scientist for Lawrenceville Plasma Physics, says that figuring out the temperature and confinement necessary for the fusion have been established in their research, and that once the team can determine the necessary conditions for the third variable — density — they will be able to harness energy from plasma.
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:44 am

http://zen-haven.dk/france-will-soon-host-star-making-technology/

France Will Soon Host Thermonuclear Star-Making Technology

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:54 am