tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Responsibility-Based Law, Government, and Religion

devakas
    devakas

Responsibility-Based Law, Government, and Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Responsibility-Based Law, Government, and Religion

Post  devakas Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:14 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:I hope all is well with you and your son, Carol. I'm not in a hurry at all. Just the opposite. I keep trying to help save humanity, which includes me. In my case, at least, I suspect that death will introduce me to some sort of nasty tribunal, with a glaring judge and jury -- probably not human and not nice -- so I really would prefer to stretch this present darkness out as much as I can -- before things get really dark.
    god gives time to fix all right from that moment.

I also don't think we go to heaven when we die. If we did -- then all of us should head for the exits.

god is not cheep as you think

he actually is very very lovable.. and loving :)

Last edited by devakas on Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Responsibility-Based Law, Government, and Religion - Page 2 Empty Re: Responsibility-Based Law, Government, and Religion

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:17 am

I don't think God is cheap, Devakas. But I think religion makes God cheap with all of the Fairy-Tales.
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:20 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:I don't think God is cheap, Devakas. But I think religion makes God cheap with all of the Fairy-Tales.

it is so deep deep truth
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:29 am

Oxy, you need to read about what death is really like from those who've been there and come back. Do yourself a favour for once and read these.
    http://www.nderf.org/NDERF_NDEs.htm
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:41 am

Thank-you Devakas, I have not knowingly skipped-over your description of God. I simply wish to continue to consider ALL possibilities regarding God -- and everything important. Being told that someone or something is such and such does not necessarily make it so.

Thank-you Sanicle, I will read the link. Do myself "a favor for once"? BTW -- how do we know that these people did not simply have "experiences" which do not necessarily reflect the full reality of death and life after death (or should I say 'life after life'?)? Is it not possible for an entity to superimpose it's consciousness upon another's consciousness -- and provide them with a 'grand vision of the afterlife'?

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:24 pm

This was a really good one. Did you read this one Oxy? Lots of detail, I guess cause she was in a coma for six months. Amazing story.

http://www.nderf.org/cherie_b_nde.htm

And this man believes he saw Jesus. Our beliefs are said to define who and what we see, so I'm guessing Jesus might be there for you too when you go cheers (Although there was another lady who didn't believe in God when she died but after what she experienced there, she totally does now.)

http://www.nderf.org/michael_l_nde.htm
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:35 pm

Thank-you Sanicle. I will look at these links as well. You need to understand that my background is a belief-system wherein the soul is not immortal -- where the 'dead know not anything' (See Ecclesiastes 9:5,6) -- and where the righteous dead are resurrected at the Second-Coming of Christ -- and the unrighteous dead are resurrected at the end of the Millenium. I no longer hold to this view, but I retain a healthy fear and respect regarding supernatural experiences, spiritualism, seances, OBE's, remote-viewing, regression-hypnosis, etc, etc, etc. I will sometimes read the experiences of others regarding these realms -- but I will never involve myself in any of this. Also, you must understand that I am presently exploring the possibility that the Human Race is an Unwelcome Intrusion into a Theocratic Hermaphrodite Reptilian Universe -- and mind you -- I am NOT anti-reptilian. Heck, I still don't really know if they exist -- but I suspect that they do -- and I even suspect that Human Souls might be Reptilian in Nature. But most of this continues to be Politcal and Theological Science Fiction for me. I'm trying to specialize in this area (with an emphasis on Space Law). See the 'Hungry Earth' and 'Cold Blood' episodes of 'Dr. Who' for a hint of what I presently think might be possible regarding 'reptilians'. My attitude toward them (if they exist) is probably similar to that exhibited by Dr. Who in those two episodes. I think I might've had some contact with a 'Hybrid' -- but I can't really be sure. I am presently very wary of BOTH the reptilian and human races. I'm wary of God and Satan. I'm even wary of myself. Can you see why I want to get out of Dodge on a Ducati? And mind you, I said 'get out' -- not 'check out'. But if we are on the brink of extinction -- if the excrement really contacts the refrigeration system -- and things get really, really bad -- I MIGHT 'check-out' with some sort of dramatic 'On the Beach' Ferrari-Crash Ending -- except I'd do it on a budget -- with a Ducati.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Wow, I feel sad for you reading that Oxy. To me, you are really missing out on the fun and more interesting aspects of reality...so much of what makes it less dark, dreary and fearful. So are you basically stuck between what you've been taught to believe and all the 'supernatural' (which I consider to be normal) things you are reading about here and elsewhere but that you won't let yourself get involved in? Crikey, how could you not feel a bit 'lost' when you have no real anchor? And then you study all the darkest side of our supposed history on top of that????

Oh well. What can anyone say to help? It's all your own choices to live life that way, as is your right, like everyone else. All has been presented to you and you're choosing as you choose....just a small part of it all. Hmmm. Neutral

God Bless you Oxy. I love you

Oh, and thank you for explaining that. I never could quite understand why so many have said so much trying to help you feel better about your life and yet no-one really seemed able to get through and make a real difference to you. Now I know why, so thank you again. Hugs
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Thank-you Sanicle. But really, how many of my questions have been satisfactorily answered in the three or four years I've been posting on the internet? A dozen perhaps? Maybe not even that many. I've encountered a lot of superior attitudes -- but very few substantive answers -- and there's a difference between an 'answer' and a 'convincing-answer'. Some might say that my conversing with an Ancient Egyptian Deity constitutes 'Spiritualism' -- but I didn't seek this encounter in any way. I didn't chant. I didn't go into some altered-state of consciousness. I didn't do anything other than researching and posting on the internet. Even this deity refused to answer most of my questions -- and often answered questions with questions. Also, I don't jump off a cliff to experience the joy of free-falling -- and I don't reach into snake-holes or walk into caves in the desert -- to find out what's in there. My devotion to the scientific-method has limits. Many limits indeed.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:16 pm

Yes, I understand what you're saying Oxy but as most of what you're researching is past history and, so it's said, hidden from us in this reality in the present day, how can anyone answer any of your questions in a way that you could really believe in as being unequivocal? Apart from it happening in some way through what you call 'supernatural' means? Even if one of those beings answered you directly here, how would you know it's truly them? I'm sorry. I'm sure this is not helping any. I'm just really trying to understand. What you're attempting just all seems too hard when you're limited to doing research on the internet.
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:47 pm

I appreciate that Sanicle. Somewhat unrelatedly, I really liked 'The Powers That Be', 'The Torment of Tantalus', and 'The Fifth Race' episodes of 'Stargate SG-1'. I don't seem to be able to view them anymore on the internet -- so I'll probably have to buy the entire DVD series when I can afford it. Same goes for 'Dr. Who'. I bought Stargate 'Children of the Gods', 'Ark of Truth', 'Continuum', and 'Atlantis' -- and I use them as 'conceptual-crutches' to aid my 'Science-Fictional-Research'. This is just the way I do things -- for better or for worse -- I know not. BTW -- I'm presently imagining myself to be a reincarnational cross between Dr. Who and Vala Mal Doran -- or is it a cross between Daniel Jackson and Amanda Carter???!!! Manage Quad???!!! Really, what I am doing seems way too dangerous as it is -- and I don't recommend that anyone (other than Mists-Regulars or Alphabet-Agents) do what I'm doing. This is the sort of thing which could potentially break-up marriages, get one fired, cause one to go insane, or to commit suicide. The subjects are that volatile -- which is why I wish to remain mostly low-key and incognito.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:03 pm

Yes, one does wonder where the writers of those series get the info/inspiration from. cyclops Question
    I think few would have the patience to wade through all of that plus all the books you read Oxy. And it makes it very difficult to keep up with your posts sometimes. Rolling Eyes

Do you mind if I ask if you have a relationship to break up, or a job to lose? You don't have to answer if you don't want to. I know they're rather personal questions. I just like to get to know you better. I don't need to ask about the 'going insane' bit. You often tell us you think that's happening lol. But I don't believe you. You make far too much sense if your posts for that to be true, although I can now understand why you get so frustrated and depressed at times. Crying or Very sad
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:28 pm

I simply see how upset people get regarding politics and religion as usual -- and I know how certain religious leaders have reacted to some of my questions and statements, which were much milder than the fire I'm presently playing with. There is genuine discomfort connected with my research and speculation -- but I don't really think I'm crazy or going crazy. In a sense, I'm using this as a writing style, so that no one takes me too seriously. And really, I'm not an authority, so why should I act like one? I'm also trying to bring humor to some very serious subjects. I'm an 'in-control out-of-control person' -- sort of like a free-style clown on the ski-slopes. If I acted like this as a preacher or teacher -- I'd be fired and black-balled for damn-sure and for good-reason. But you know, what I post just scratches the surface. My posts are kindegarten-stuff. They're not complicated at all. A proper academic treatment of all of this would be something to behold. Can you imagine what I post being discussed by 2,000 Robed JD-PhD-ThD Representatives of the United States of the Solar System -- meeting in St. Mary's Cathedral in San Francisco -- with the remaining 8,000 JD-Phd-ThD Representatives from throughout the Solar System participating via InterPlaNet???!!!

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Yep, you really did pick the two most unpopular areas to pursue, that's for sure. People's identity seems to get so caught up in which 'team' they identify with, individually and collectively. I suppose in some ways it helps to give people a sense of community....belonging, self-righteousness. Hope AND fear too unfortunately.

Oh well, I'll leave you to it once again my friend. Enjoy. And good luck with getting those answers!! I'm sure all other Mist Members join me in that wish for you. And thanks for the chat. Hugs
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:44 pm

Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups!!! Namaste and Have a Nice Day, Sanicle!!! sunny
    Threecaster
    Threecaster

Post  Threecaster Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:10 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups!!! Namaste and Have a Nice Day, Sanicle!!! sunny

I'm telling you Oxy, other that different questions, you are really sounding more like my brother all the time... Cool

and instead of sending you a crib sheet on neurotransmitters, I should have just sent you this:

Responsibility-Based Law, Government, and Religion - Page 2 Ad50363b9b3c0e7cd5049a5778e00aff_M

Insanely Happy
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:43 pm

Eureka! I'm a dickhead who lives next-door to a couple of nuts and an @$$hole!!!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:43 am