tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

a bit of good news

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

a bit of good news Empty a bit of good news

Post  Vidya Moksha Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:06 pm

http://inhabitat.com/german-village-produces-321-more-energy-than-it-needs/wildpoldsried-germany/?extend=1

I know there are alternative energy fora herein ... buy hey, why not some good news.. Very Happy

Ok, those Germans are just showing off now. Not only has the nation announced plans to shut down all of its nuclear power plants and started the construction of 2,800 miles of transmission lines for its new renewable energy initiative, but now the village of Wildpoldsried is producing 321% more energy than it needs! The small agricultural village in the state of Bavaria is generating an impressive $5.7 million in annual revenue from renewable energy.

Read more: German Village Produces 321% More Energy Than It Needs! | Inhabitat - Green Design Will Save the World
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

a bit of good news Empty Re: a bit of good news

Post  Carol Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:08 pm

I was so impressed with Germany and how they handled everything when the wall came down. We went back a few years later to East Berlin and the transformation was amazing. What was a wall with graffiti on it, dark gray stone was gone and new shops were open. The streets were fill with happy people. They gave a lot of money away to their kindred who had been trapped behind the wall for so many years when the crossed over to have look around. Again, the people are hard working, intelligent and tend to have good business sense.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

a bit of good news Empty Re: a bit of good news

Post  Vidya Moksha Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:11 pm

Carol wrote:I was so impressed with Germany and how they handled everything when the wall came down. We went back a few years later to East Berlin and the transformation was amazing. What was a wall with graffiti on it, dark gray stone was gone and new shops were open. The streets were fill with happy people. They gave a lot of money away to their kindred who had been trapped behind the wall for so many years when the crossed over to have look around. Again, the people are hard working, intelligent and tend to have good business sense.

I quite agree Carol, no other european country could have achieved what they did, purely from a financial perspective.
    The German's are the most ecologically aware people I have encountered so far on my travels, and now east Germany is open there are many many ecological communities thriving in open, clean space. I have a few offers to go there, but I couldnt fathom the language (though most Germans do speak English).. the other 'problem' is the weather, cold long winters and quite windy often....

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:12 am