tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Star blasts planet with X-rays

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Star blasts planet with X-rays Empty Star blasts planet with X-rays

Post  Carol Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:04 pm

Star blasts planet with X-rays Starblastspl
    http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-09-star-blasts-planet-x-rays.html
    Scientists find star’s radiation frying planet 880 light years from solar system
    September 14, 2011 – A nearby star is pummeling a companion planet with a barrage of X-rays a hundred thousand times more intense than the Earth receives from the Sun. New data from NASA’s Chandra X-ray Observatory and the European Southern Observatory’s Very Large Telescope suggest that high-energy radiation is evaporating about 5 million tons of matter from the planet every second. This result gives insight into the difficult survival path for some planets. The planet, known as CoRoT-2b, has a mass about 3 times that of Jupiter (1000 times that of Earth) and orbits its parent star, CoRoT-2a at a distance roughly ten times the distance between Earth and the Moon. The CoRoT-2 star and planet — so named because the French Space Agency’s Convection, Rotation and planetary Transits (CoRoT) satellite discovered them in 2008 — is a relatively nearby neighbor of the Solar System at a distance of 880 light years. “This planet is being absolutely fried by its star,” said Sebastian Schroeter of the University of Hamburg in Germany. “What may be even stranger is that this planet may be affecting the behavior of the star that is blasting it.” According to optical and X-ray data, the CoRoT-2 system is estimated to be between about 100 million and 300 million years old, meaning that the star is fully formed. The Chandra observations show that CoRoT-2a is a very active star, with bright X-ray emission produced by powerful, turbulent magnetic fields. Such strong activity is usually found in much younger stars. “Because this planet is so close to the star, it may be speeding up the star’s rotation and that could be keeping its magnetic fields active,” said co-author Stefan Czesla, also from the University of Hamburg. “If it wasn’t for the planet, this star might have left behind the volatility of its youth millions of years ago.” Support for this idea come from observations of a likely companion star that orbits CoRoT-2a at a distance about a thousand times greater than the separation between the Earth and our Sun. This star is not detected in X-rays, perhaps because it does not have a close-in planet like CoRoT-2b to cause it to stay active. Another intriguing aspect of CoRoT-2b is that it appears to be unusually inflated for a planet in its position. “We’re not exactly sure of all the effects this type of heavy X-ray storm would have on a planet, but it could be responsible for the bloating we see in CoRoT-2b,” said Schroeter. “We are just beginning to learn about what happens to exoplanets in these extreme environments. –Physics.org

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Star blasts planet with X-rays Empty Re: Star blasts planet with X-rays

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:13 pm

They're probably x-raying the planet, looking for those pesky weapons of mass destruction. I know that's dumb, but I'm bored...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:44 pm

Oh dear... I'm bored too. That makes two of us and I'm rarely bored. It's all of this waiting, waiting, waiting. Soon, the jet plane will lift off... very, very soon.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:49 pm

I hope that extermination and destruction are completely off the table at this point. I still get the feeling that humanity is dealing with vengeful deities of some sort -- who might have a legitimate beef with the human race. What continues to bother me is the secrecy and deception. I have learned a lot, but things are not stated plainly. One has to wade through a huge amount of BS to get at what's really going on. I'm going through most of my posts, and it's been an excruciating journey, which could've been made so much easier. But really, I'm not liking the picture which is emerging. I knew this was going to be the case, but that doesn't seem to make it any easier. A Sirian/Egyptian/Babylonian/Atlantean Old World Order and a Three Faction (Three Archangel?) New World Order (Raiders of the Lost Ark?) are of particular interest to me. I still don't really know if I'm getting warm, but it feels as though I am narrowing things down. I get the feeling that the Old World Order is at war with the New World Order -- and that the New World Order is engaged in a three-way power struggle -- but what do I know?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:08 am

Oxy, one thing I learned a long time ago is that whatever you put your focus on is what you will find. You have been on an expedition into the dark side so that is what turns up. Of course given the world's current circumstances it's pretty hard to avoid it yet - I do know people who choose to by-pass it by focusing on specific meditation practices where they light up the happy place inside of the brain. I remember reading the buddhists studies a number of years back and they have learned to focus on something that gives them joy. Even the Dali Lama, when I saw him, was making jokes and caught up in a joyful place within.

So we can choose what to focus on. Enlightenment or despair. Or just stay stuck in frustration.

Meditation Gives Brain a Charge, Study Finds
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A43006-2005Jan2.html

The Dalai Lama first invited Davidson to his home in Dharamsala, India, in 1992 after learning about Davidson's innovative research into the neuroscience of emotions. The Tibetans have a centuries-old tradition of intensive meditation and, from the start, the Dalai Lama was interested in having Davidson scientifically explore the workings of his monks' meditating minds. Three years ago, the Dalai Lama spent two days visiting Davidson's lab.

The Dalai Lama ultimately dispatched eight of his most accomplished practitioners to Davidson's lab to have them hooked up for electroencephalograph (EEG) testing and brain scanning. The Buddhist practitioners in the experiment had undergone training in the Tibetan Nyingmapa and Kagyupa traditions of meditation for an estimated 10,000 to 50,000 hours, over time periods of 15 to 40 years. As a control, 10 student volunteers with no previous meditation experience were also tested after one week of training.

The monks and volunteers were fitted with a net of 256 electrical sensors and asked to meditate for short periods. Thinking and other mental activity are known to produce slight, but detectable, bursts of electrical activity as large groupings of neurons send messages to each other, and that's what the sensors picked up. Davidson was especially interested in measuring gamma waves, some of the highest-frequency and most important electrical brain impulses.

read more at link above

Scientists Meditate on Happiness
    http://www.wired.com/culture/lifestyle/news/2003/09/60452?currentPage=all

The Pursuit of Happiness
    CBC News Online | April 23, 2004
    Happiness and enthusiasm, and joy – they show up as increased activity on the left side near the front of the cortex. Anxiety, sadness – on the right.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/meditation/
    Star blasts planet with X-rays Positiveleft Star blasts planet with X-rays Negativeright
    a happy brain...

Meditation Shown to Light Up Brains of Buddhists
    http://preventdisease.com/news/articles/meditation_shown_brains_buddhists.shtml

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:49 am

Carol, while I do touch upon some dark aspects of the past and the present, I'm really not walking on the darkside. I want everyone to make it. I am not exclusive, but I am not a peace at any price kind of guy. I have made positive proposals of governance which provide for responsibility and freedom, in a context of law and order. I'm not seeking a savior. I am seeking a modus operandi which facilitates a peaceful and happy solar system. I'm seeing and hearing doom and gloom prophecies everywhere, including here, and there might be some substance to these prophecies -- but there shouldn't be. Again, I am not a retribution, utter destruction, and damnation kind of guy. Not in this incarnation anyway. I suspect that I might've been an SOB in some previous incarnations, but I'm not sure why. I've really been trying to understand the major players and powers in this solar system, going back thousands, or even millions, of years. I don't belong to any secretive organizations, even though I have been invited to join. I don't do any rituals, other than occasionally attending a Eucharist or Mass. I don't do seances or regression hypnosis. I am mostly a positive and possibility thinker, and I have been a fan of Norman Vincent Peale and Robert Schuller. I subscribe to a lot of the idealistic aspects of the Seventh-day Adventist church, but I do not subscribe to their exclusiveness, literalism, or their doom and gloom prophecies. I don't even go to church, because my conscience won't allow me to do so. The church thing doesn't work for me. The internet thing hasn't worked for me. So, really, I'm turning to personal research and meditation, which mostly does not involve the internet.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:39 am

Oxy, I think you're brave in your intellectual exploratory journey and admire how you seek a solution where all can co-exist in the best type of circumstances. I'm just pointing out that those individuals who focus on meditation appear to be the happiest irrespective of their circumstances and awareness of discord within the universe.

Meher Baba used to say, "Don't worry, be happy."

Right meditation is one key to happiness. Doing what you love is another key to happiness. I know when I am painting or doing my creative writing I'm totally happy. Working in the garden makes me happy.

My mom once said happiness is in moments, yet with this Buddhist monks they created a state of happiness and wear their moments like a string of pearls.

You know that the divine dwells within and each has the capability to access it if the desire is focused and followed by "right" action. Right action is staying in alignment with Divine intention.

So the next question is this? How does one create the desire to be happy? Where does that desire come from?

Last edited by Carol on Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:45 am

Hobbies can be a sort of religion. Gardening can be a sort of religion. Sports can be a sort of religion. Politics can be a sort of religion. I don't care. As long as people are responsible, and don't hurt or kill each other, I couldn't care less what they do. Even the statements of Jesus have to be viewed regarding who he was fighting, rather than necessarily being statements of exactly how we should live today -- although we still seem to be fighting the same bastards Jesus was fighting...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:55 am

I concur Oxy. The same dark forces are certainly out creating dissension, mayhem and discord worldwide.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:24 pm

I'd like to know exactly why they're doing this. The root cause of this might be ancient. 'The God's of Eden' by William Bramley is a very interesting book -- but I think he's just scratching the surface...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:38 pm

hmm, that is worth pondering.. why? Yet when I've asked myself this what seemed to fit was that how can we humans grow spiritually if we are not challenged spiritually between what is right action and what is wrong action. I've often thought that duality was the split between heaven and hell whereas when one ascends spiritually they experience singularity.

I think this personal drive for enlightenment in my youth was an attempt to get as far away from the discordant energy as possible. Yet even on this journey one is almost always confronted with ones own shadow self. Meaning those parts of us we wish to disown have a way of gaining power where we end up getting hit in the head with our own folly. Pretty much a lot of what I was judgmental about I ended up doing and learned some very valuable lessons.

Intellectually at the onset I knew I shouldn't do something, yet had to integrate the meaning behind certain actions by committing and emotionally experiencing said actions. Some lessons came much quicker then others. However, life is about the choices we make and then dealing with the consequences of said choices.

Now I will share with you a key to the game and how to unlock it. When one has exhausted the various game plans all one has to do is walk away from the game. It boils down to becoming bored with the drama and replacing drama with something more fulfilling.

Drama in and of itself becomes boring after awhile. But one has to get to a place of self-recognition and expanded conscious awareness to understand what this means.

Think of the soap operas on TV. How many people do you suppose live their emotional life via these programs? And then how many people imitate these dramas out in real life? At one level - life is a play and each individual has the opportunity to partake in many, many different types of life roles.

Then the day comes where the fun of drama isn't so much fun anymore. Drama can also involve fighting the dark energies that exist in this dimension where one gets an opportunity to test their metal. Some succumb to this negative energy and live that drama out. Does it make them bad people? Perhaps while they play that game they are... and then there are those to see through that particular illusion and decide to move onto something different.

I've spent quite a few years thinking about these different energies and how it all fits together Oxy. Many who come back from NDE know that it does all fit together in some huge grand design and let go of the negative. I think Melon Thomas did an excellent presentation on how he lived the negative prior to his death and what he learned during his OBE/NDE.

I really found his story very enlightening. http://www.mellen-thomas.com/

So I've pretty much come to the conclusion it all exists for us to learn from and grow into more enlightened spiritual beings. It's not to say this is an easy task by any means. It just is the way it is and each of us have our own small part in the grand scheme of things which we must deal with on a personal level.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:16 pm

At a micro-level, the 'trials and tribulations contributing to spiritual growth and development' hypothesis makes sense. At a macro-level, the chastenings of the lord seem downright sinister and cruel. I am very troubled by the irresponsible deployment of high technology, the irresponsible industrial revolution, and the horrible environmental destruction -- as well as stone-age religion in modernity. The wars and butchery of the past hundred years are unimaginable and unspeakable. I wouldn't even have so much of a problem with the secret government, or even with a prison planet situation -- if and only if things were being conducted in a reasonable and responsible manner. I doubt that we are dealing with incompetence. It seems that we are dealing with a corrupt and cruel sort of punishment and exploitation. Again, we would need to know all about the ancient and galactic issues, to even begin to make sense out of the madness. I have to formulate theories, and then just go on an extended fishing expedition, with no credibility and no compensation. It's a frustrating and unrewarding pursuit, which borders on madness.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:56 pm

Your tale reminds me of Dante's Inferno Oxy where Dante journeys through hell where Hell is depicted as nine circles of suffering located within the Earth.

"The poet finds himself lost in a dark wood in front of a mountain, assailed by three beasts (a lion, a lonza (rendered as "leopard" or "leopon"),[2] and a she-wolf) he cannot evade, and unable to find the "straight way" (diritta via)—also translatable as "right way"—to salvation. Conscious that he is ruining himself and that he is falling into a "deep place" (basso loco) where the sun is silent (l sol tace), Dante is at last rescued by the Roman poet Virgil, who claims to have been sent by Beatrice, and the two of them begin their journey to the underworld. Each sin's punishment in Inferno is a contrapasso, a symbolic instance of poetic justice; for example, fortune-tellers have to walk forwards with their heads on backwards, unable to see what is ahead, because they tried, through forbidden means, to look ahead to the future in life. Such a contrapasso "functions not merely as a form of divine revenge, but rather as the fulfilment of a destiny freely chosen by each soul during his or her life."[3]

The Barque of Dante by Eugène Delacroix
    Dante passes through the gate of Hell, which bears an inscription, the ninth (and final) line of which is the famous phrase "Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate", or "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here"[4]

Before entering Hell completely, Dante and his guide see the Uncommitted, souls of people who in life did nothing, neither for good nor evil (among these Dante recognizes either Pope Celestine V or Pontius Pilate; the text is ambiguous). Mixed with them are outcasts who took no side in the Rebellion of Angels. These souls are neither in Hell nor out of it, but reside on the shores of the Acheron, their punishment to eternally pursue a banner (i.e. self interest) while pursued by wasps and hornets that continually sting them while maggots and other such insects drink their blood and tears. This symbolizes the sting of their conscience and the repugnance of sin. This can also be seen as a reflection of the spiritual stagnation they lived in. As with the Purgatorio and Paradiso, the Inferno has a structure of 9+1=10, with this "vestibule" different in nature from the nine circles of Hell, and separated from them by the Acheron.

After passing through the "vestibule," Dante and Virgil reach the ferry that will take them across the river Acheron and to Hell proper. The ferry is piloted by Charon, who does not want to let Dante enter, for he is a living being. Virgil forces Charon to take him by means of another famous line Vuolsi così colà dove si puote, which translates to "So it is wanted there where the power lies," referring to the fact that Dante is on his journey on divine grounds. The wailing and blasphemy of the damned souls entering Charon's boat are a contrast to the joyful singing of the blessed souls arriving by ferry in the Purgatorio. However, the actual passage across the Acheron is undescribed since Dante faints and does not wake up until he is on the other side.

Virgil then guides Dante through the nine circles of Hell. The circles are concentric, representing a gradual increase in wickedness, and culminating at the centre of the earth, where Satan is held in bondage. Each circle's sinners are punished in a fashion fitting their crimes: each sinner is afflicted for all of eternity by the chief sin he committed. People who sinned but prayed for forgiveness before their deaths are found not in Hell but in Purgatory, where they labour to be free of their sins. Those in Hell are people who tried to justify their sins and are unrepentant.

Allegorically, the Inferno represents the Christian soul seeing sin for what it really is, and the three beasts represent three types of sin: the self-indulgent, the violent, and the malicious.[5] These three types of sin also provide the three main divisions of Dante's Hell: Upper Hell (the first 5 Circles) for the self-indulgent sins; Circles 6 and 7 for the violent sins; and Circles 8 and 9 for the malicious sins." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferno_(Dante)

The first circle is limbo; the second lust; the third gluttony; the forth greed; the fifth anger; the sixth heresy; the seventh violence; the eighth fraud; the ninth treachery. Within each vestibule are circles within circles to be explored.

Now here is a poet who appears to have a first-hand experience of these various emotions he describes so brilliantly. So this makes me wonder if this concentric circle to the divine in innate and similar to the path depicted within the Hopi Maze.

Star blasts planet with X-rays Man_maze_hopi_symbols
    "The Hopi Man in the Maze symbol looks very similar to the Symbol of Emergance. It is a maze pattern that usually has a man standing just outside the entrance. The man standing outside of the maze represents a human seed. The man can penetrate the womb, fertilize the ovum, produces new life (spiritual regeneration), which then emerges as a new birth or a reincarnated existence. Once gained entry, the man gives new life to litoi, and therefore retaining reincarnation and new life."

I've often thought of this depiction of the maze as representative of how our journey takes us in towards the center (divine presence) and back out to the outer rim (separation from the divine presence). Yet for the individual who makes this journey they also will often take a journey into the dark night of the soul (that which is describe so well by Dante) where one may lose faith and sight of the true goal, that of singularity or at-one-ment (atonement) with the divine.

I discovered on my own inner journey that it is faith that the divine exists that brought me to an original experience of singularity. Of course this process took years and was fraught with the unwinding of karma. So oftentimes, by the time one makes it through this maze they are close to the end of life. The good news is that there are those moments of connection with the divine presence which will increase if one chooses rightly. And decrease when one wonders off the path set before one. Yet like the acorn that grows into a mighty oak tree, the potential for spirit to expand and grow in conscious awareness is unlimited.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:12 am

Someone who should know, told me that there's a lot of truth to Dante's writings, and to the Book of Enoch. They also told me that merely reading 'Hostage to the Devil' by Malachi Martin could cause one to become demonically possessed. I'll stick to reading 'The Jesuits'. I've read the Book of Enoch, but I still haven't read much of Dante. All of this reminds me of the opening posts by abraxasinas on the old Avalon Thuban Q&A, which descibed a hellish situation in pornographic detail. The horror...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:36 am

I did read some of Malachi Martin's book but not the one you sited. Inviting the devil in for tea and crumpets just doesn't work for me.

We also have the Book of Enoch sitting by the bedside as it is a favorite of my husband. Being how he is from the angelic realm I can understand how it resonates with him.

Some of the hell realms seemed to have crossed over into one another with various interpretations. Having lived the dark night of the soul years back it isn't a place I choose to dwell in. The key is to take the journey and integrate the disowned aspects of personality until one is 'whole', dark and light co-exist as both are needed in 3rd dimension reality. This is far more complicated yet boils down to duality and how that dance plays itself out until one is grounded and well-balance.

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:57 am

Both the Old Testament and the Book of Enoch have a lot of negativity and fighting. History is filled with negativity and fighting. The newspapers, magazines, and internet are filled with negativity and fighting. If one has an idealistic vision for the future, must they fight to institute their views in a massive power struggle, where their followers are promised a utopia, once they defeat the infidels, unbelievers, or equivalent? The Book of Revelation is a horrible book of negativity and destruction. Those who are able to fight and lie with the greatest skill, tend to rise to the top, because they are able to win. The best individuals seem to mumble to a small group of true believers, if they are lucky enough to even have a small group of followers. I keep saying that it seems as though the corrupt will always rule the stupid. In a sense, I have cast my pearls into the multitude, with the hope that some of the badass players will use some of my thoughts as they battle other badass players. I've thought about becoming badass myself, but in a high-ground manner. So many good guys and gals are good and stupid. The trick seems to be capable of great evil and deception -- yet to choose to do that which is in everyone's best interest -- in a somewhat cold and calculating manner. Imagine a boardroom full of 'Good' Illuminati meeting in the City of London, rather than the meeting Bill Ryan described a while back. Of course, some nasty types might refer to Bill as being Gulli-Bill!!! The thing which continues to haunt me the most, is the thought that even the very best can quickly become corrupted by a change of context or situation. Idealistic politicians usually get corrupted soon after they move to Washington D.C. -- or so it seems. Deception and Lack of Compassion seem to be integral components of successful competition. How pragmatic can a good individual become before they become corrupted? How good is too good? Is there such a thing as a 'Benevolent Dictator'? Is God a 'Benevolent Dictator'? Does a Good God quickly become an Evil Satan? Will a Constitutional Representative Republic always degenerate into a corrupted and confused mess? Does the human race actually need a Reptilian Queen in a Lunar Temple -- to secretly rule over them in an unemotional and corrupt manner? Would self-rule result in an even worse situation? I think and worry too much, don't I?

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 pm