tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+5
Jenetta
CetaceousOne
HigherLove
mudra
Arrowwind
9 posters

How's Weather and Environment in Your Neck of the Woods?

Arrowwind
    Arrowwind

How's Weather and Environment in Your Neck of the Woods? Empty How's Weather and Environment in Your Neck of the Woods?

Post  Arrowwind Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:20 pm

July 6 2011

In regards to weather in my area, after a long cold winter with with record snowfall in most mountain areas and a cool spring, summer finally set in last week. We had many thunder storms pass over us that wreaked havoc in the midwest. Now all rivers are running at maximum capacity, including those that are dam controlled. Even irrigation ditches are running at max capacity. Homesites along the Snake River are being sandbaged in low laying areas.. all irrigation ditches are flowing at max capacity along the Snake. Water restrictions and usage rules have been abandoned for the season.

There is some concern about Dam strength and leveys in parts of Idaho.
    You can see by this chart that some dams may be stressed considering we have only just started our winter snow melt off. This chart only shows a few of the Dams the state has. most are at capacity and dumping water as fast as they can.

http://www.usbr.gov/pn/hydromet/burtea.cfm

I live near the Lost River and it is called this because at a certain point in its flow it plunges deep into the earth and on top just appears as a dry river bed... it now is flowing at max capicity and flooding low land farm land that is adjacent in some areas... small areas.

Creeks that have been dry for years are flowing at max. Creeks from the mountians are at max capacity and some have become dangerous to cross in the Saw Tooth Range. Lost River Range creeks are up but none reported dangerous so far.

I drove from central Idaho to Central Oregon though the John Day area and many little towns were all sand bagged in anticipation of flooding... this was last week. I've heard reports of lots of sand bagging going on in Northern Idaho..
    mudra
    mudra

How's Weather and Environment in Your Neck of the Woods? Empty Re: How's Weather and Environment in Your Neck of the Woods?

Post  mudra Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:05 pm

I live in Belgium between the Netherlands and France.
    I am covering the Earth Changes everyday and am aware some areas of our globe are undergoing profound transformations as you yourself are reporting it Arrowind .
    Belgium however seems to remain equal to itself . I was expecting a colder winter than the one we actually did have .
    Now we are having a very nice summer . There have been some very hot days but nothing I can't remember having lived before some year or another in the same spot .
    Take care in your neck of the woods .

Love from me
    mudra
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

How's Weather and Environment in Your Neck of the Woods? Empty Re: How's Weather and Environment in Your Neck of the Woods?

Post  HigherLove Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:54 pm

The last two winters started early and ended late. We have have record snow and rainfall in many areas of Northern California. A few weeks ago we had a heat wave, followed by a pretty heavy rain that dropped the temperature back into the 50s (this is NOT normal).

Currently we are nearing and/or surpassing the triple digit mark (farenheit) on a daily basis.

As Carol noted in another thread, some people went snow skiing in the Sierras over the 4th of July weekend, wearing bathing suits (again, this is most unusual).

We had several tornados in early spring, but no real spring-like weather. However, in my particular area, there often are only two seasons: summer and winter. One day the heater is on, the next it is the cooler. It is just that fast.

It's just the length of the last two winters and their intensity that have me a bit concerned.

Today is a bit cooler than the last few days. It is almost 4:00 P.M., and it is 99 degrees. Two nights ago it was 90 degrees after 8:00 P.M. I woke up at 5:00 A.M. the next day, and the temperature was already in the mid 70s (i.e. it is fricken hot).

Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:54 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS)
    CetaceousOne
    CetaceousOne

Post  CetaceousOne Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:36 pm

The temperature in the Phoenix area has been well over 100 degrees for the last 2-3 weeks which is quite hot but not too unusual.

We just endured a record 100 mile wide dust storm that swept through the city last night at speeds approaching double the usual velocity - which was most unusual in it's scope and intensity.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/gilbert/articles/2011/07/06/20110706phoenix-dust-storm-weather-abrk.html
    Arrowwind
    Arrowwind

Post  Arrowwind Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:14 pm

So glad I wasn't in that dust storm.. they are horrific. I got hit by a mini dust devil the other day while working in the garden.... NOT FUN!

[color=indigo]Although so far the days seem normal in temp eems we are hotter at night than last year.. Last year we used a blanket all summer at night.. This year only the sheet, if even that. Must be that California heat driving this way[

OMG! check out the video of the Arizona dust storm! its like out of a sci-fi earth changes horror flick!/color]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W4Cx44XKZ4&feature=player_embedded
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

How's Weather and Environment in Your Neck of the Woods? Empty How's Weather And Environment In Your Neck Of The Woods?

Post  Jenetta Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Oh how I love talking about the weather...today and the past few days Summer has finally arrived and today is hot maybe mid to late 20's something Centigrade possibly 30 degrees Centigrade. Here on the west coast of British Columbia Spring was barely noticed (which is unusual) as we had constant heavy clouds or downpours all through February, March, April, May and most of June. I've never seen anything like it before. This has played havoc with the farmers and today I actually saw a "donut" peach which means the farmers in the Okanogan (interior) have been hit hard. Most of the snow experienced occurred from end of October through to January....a very long dreary winter.

THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 pm

a friend of mine has this to say:
    Roger Thunderhands Gilbert says

Man I cannot tell you how unbalanced the world is right now. Words fail me! The weather, the Earthquakes, the volcanoes!! Hekla the biggest Volcano in Iceland is set to erupt as I speak! They call it the gateway to hell! laughs. I'm serious! (see picture) So we had the Japan thing with the meltdown, and radiation spreading to the stat...es. We have the wildfires in AZ which are finally being controlled, but they say the rain and mudslides from the burnt land will be worse. We have the floods on the Mississippi and Missouri river encroaching on nuclear facilities. We had the worst Tornado season so far in decades. They had the biggest dust storm in memory in Phoenix yesterday. This is the second or third Volcano erupting on the ring of fire! (I predicted three) I don't even want to talk about the political and other news because this trumps all that bullshit! Did I leave anything out? Oh! The solar eruptions and coming solar storms, the asteroids cruising by close to earth. You couldn't make this XXXX up! Hurricane Arlene even pushed itself clear up to San Diego through Mexico or at least the remnants of it! Hello! WTF! How about the record rains and flooding in China and a half dozen other places! You couldn't keep track of it all if you tried. The scientists are finally throwing up their arms and saying things like..this is screwy, unprecedented, record breaking,,,,Lets not forget the drought and all the farmlands going under! Well the good news is Hurricane season has arrived! Wow! Hold on to you lug nuts!
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:52 am

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS)
    Jonah
    Jonah

Post  Jonah Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:22 pm

So... this week has been cooler than it should be.. by about 10 degrees or so... almost everyday....

Had one week of summer.... rivers are still high.....

It kinda reminds me of coastal weather actually.... almost as if the weather patterns are changing in anticipation of where the new land masses will be....

Arrowwind
    Arrowwind

Post  Arrowwind Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:34 pm

and what region are you in Jonah?
    Jonah
    Jonah

Post  Jonah Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:02 pm

Arrowwind wrote:and what region are you in Jonah?

ah yes sorry.... Central valley, Sacramento! City of trees and trails, where the rivers run like a cool delta breeze, and the birds sing haeleluha
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:38 am

Things have remained cool here in Nor Cal.

I was at the Mendocino Coast on Wednesday and did not need a jacket -- perfect hiking weather.

The last two mornings have been cool, as if fall is already on the doorstep.

It looks like things will heat up everywhere next week, except for the Pacific Northwest, and a narrow band of coastal California, and the Sierras (the tippy top of the Rocky Mountains looks cool, too).

IMAGE REMOVED BY POSTER

Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS

Last edited by HigherLove on Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Some content removed in order to be in compliance with TOS)
    Aquaries1111
    Aquaries1111

How's Weather and Environment in Your Neck of the Woods? Empty Isaac could reach Florida as a hurricane

Post  Aquaries1111 Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:56 pm

magamud
    magamud

Post  magamud Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:10 pm

Rainy and 80 degrees. Geoengineering and its flimsical whims....
    North Carolina

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:17 am