tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Earth under threat from dark comets

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Earth under threat from dark comets Empty Earth under threat from dark comets

Post  Carol Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:05 pm

Earth under threat from dark comets 20090216_dark_comet
    Earth under threat from dark comet
    SYDNEY: Comets could be the most significant impact hazard to Earth, with sky surveys underestimating the number that are potentially devastating by a factor of between 10 and 100, British astrophysicists say.

Astronomers may be missing these so-called 'dark comets' because their icy and reflective surfaces have become hidden under an obscuring layer of dust.

Near Earth objects (NEOs) are comets or asteroids that have been nudged into a possible collision path with the Earth. The international program to discover NEOs; Spaceguard, which includes NASA's NEO program, has identified around 6,000 NEOs so far, most of which are asteroids.

History of violence

But dark comets with unpredictable orbits may pose a greater threat than asteroids, which are easier to spot, according to astrophysicists Bill Napier, from the Cardiff Centre for Astrobiology in Wales, and David Asher, from Armagh Observatory in Northern Ireland.

"We may be dealing with a population of dark objects, carrying a lot of kinetic energy, which are not being properly picked up in the Spaceguard surveys," the researchers write in the February issue of the journal Astronomy & Geophysics.

Some comets scoot into the range of Earth from near Jupiter or further out, but appear regularly, like Halley's Comet. Others originate in the distant Oort cloud, a spherical comet nursery predicted to exist around one light-year from the Sun. These have orbits in the range of a million years, and are harder to predict or to spot, especially if they are too far away from the Sun to develop a characteristic comet tail as their icy surface melts.

When the Solar System passes through the galactic plane – the flattened disc of the Milky Way galaxy – molecular clouds may send Oort cloud objects hurtling into the inner Solar System, said the researchers.

Galactic mix-up

They say the timing of the Solar System's passage through the galactic plane – around 20 to 30 million years – closely matches spikes in the distribution of large impact craters on Earth for the past 250 million years. They conclude that comets have been responsible for most of Earth's impact craters and may pose an unrecognised risk to our civilisation.

Current NEO programs might be "monitoring a swarm of bees while standing on a railway line with an express train due," says the study.
    read more at http://www.cosmosmagazine.com/node/2578

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Earth under threat from dark comets Empty Re: Earth under threat from dark comets

Post  lindabaker Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:39 pm

I posted this in another thread, What's Coming Our Way. I thought it might be appropriate here, as well.

What is coming our way according to Jamie Sams, granddaughter of Seneca Elder, Twylah Nitsch...from "Other Council Fires Were Here Before Ours" 1991, Harper SanFrancisco:

From page 101:

"The Fifth World will begin around the year 2013 and will be called the World of Illumination...as humankind comes into balance, the Knowing Systems that will guide their growth..." "The community of the Fifth World will include All Our Relations in the Planetary Family. Five traveling stars made of sacred fire will pass near the sky path of our Earth Mother at the end of the Fourth World. These Stars-with-Tails or Comet People will provide new thought food for the Planetary Family...ONE AMONG THE STARS WITH TAILS WILL FERTILIZE THE EGG OF OUR EARTH MOTHER." on page 96: "The First World was destroyed by fire, the Second World by ice, and the Third World by water, and the Fourth World will be destroyed by polar shift or rotation if necessary."

Guys, this book is amazing, and easy to read, and highly informative. There have been many tribal councils in previous ages, and the history has been recorded. If only we would listen!

Many remarks about the Sky People and Sky Family are made in this book as well...the Seneca have held this knowledge since long before the white eyes came to their land. If only we would listen.

Love to all,

Linda
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Earth under threat from dark comets Empty Re: Earth under threat from dark comets

Post  HigherLove Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:43 am

lindabaker wrote:I posted this in another thread, What's Coming Our Way. I thought it might be appropriate here, as well.

What is coming our way according to Jamie Sams, granddaughter of Seneca Elder, Twylah Nitsch...from "Other Council Fires Were Here Before Ours" 1991, Harper SanFrancisco:

From page 101:

"The Fifth World will begin around the year 2013 and will be called the World of Illumination...as humankind comes into balance, the Knowing Systems that will guide their growth..." "The community of the Fifth World will include All Our Relations in the Planetary Family. Five traveling stars made of sacred fire will pass near the sky path of our Earth Mother at the end of the Fourth World. These Stars-with-Tails or Comet People will provide new thought food for the Planetary Family...ONE AMONG THE STARS WITH TAILS WILL FERTILIZE THE EGG OF OUR EARTH MOTHER." on page 96: "The First World was destroyed by fire, the Second World by ice, and the Third World by water, and the Fourth World will be destroyed by polar shift or rotation if necessary."

Guys, this book is amazing, and easy to read, and highly informative. There have been many tribal councils in previous ages, and the history has been recorded. If only we would listen!

Many remarks about the Sky People and Sky Family are made in this book as well...the Seneca have held this knowledge since long before the white eyes came to their land. If only we would listen.

Love to all,

Linda

This feels nice. I shall incorporate it into my DNA.
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:47 am

Holy Cow . My pineal gland is going into hyperdrive. Something wonderful is happening, right now.
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:32 am

It IS the sun. "It" IS coming from the sun. Weeeeeee?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:10 pm

Insanely Happy

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Yes, definite pineal activation here, too. The people all around me have been in joy all day, laughing, making plans, like they have lifted up a level or two...hard to describe. It's been one of those "I get it!" days in sunny Georgia.
    CetaceousOne
    CetaceousOne

Post  CetaceousOne Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:28 am

So, another thing to add to the list of stuff that is threatening to kill us......
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:10 am

Right, exactly, cetateous one, we could list thousands of ways to die, or ways to kill our planet. It's like listing how many ways you can cook shrimp. It all becomes one big fat scary story if we dwell on it. I don't think we can change our location in the galaxy, and I do think we will have celestial visitors. It doesn't mean that anything terribly bad will happen. So maybe an asteroid will hit our ocean. It doesn't mean disaster, necessarily. Seeing comets in the sky may awaken a lot of people. If there are supposed to be several coming, why have we not heard more from our official astronomers? Is this another "prevent panic" scenario? I don't mind seeing the signs in the sky. I think our world is a beautiful place, and the skies do not frighten me. Just because the bible talks about signs and portents and all doesn't mean that we have a punishing god who will end the world. It's all in our perspective. If comets come, I will take pictures. Fear of the natural world is ridiculous. I'm tired of superstitious fear filled thought patterns. I'm just holding the thoughts that the skies are going to get very beautiful, very soon. Linda

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:13 pm