tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+42
eMonkey
starninja
monique
paz
anomalous cowherd
romina
investigator
lawlessline
hobbit
Beren
giovonni
Luminari
sjkted
MargueriteBee
TRANCOSO
Nenuphar
sabina
dolphin
Micjer
tacodog
Jenetta
burgundia
Mercuriel
enemyofNWO
Nela
orthodoxymoron
HigherLove
lindabaker
mudra
Jenny
newel
sunny
Anchor
Karen
JesterTerrestrial
malletzky
Floyd
devakas
immortalisdolor
eleni
Sanicle
Carol
46 posters

Magnitude 9.1 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN - March 11, 2011

mudra
    mudra

Magnitude 9.1 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN - March 11, 2011 - Page 12 Empty Re: Magnitude 9.1 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN - March 11, 2011

Post  mudra Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 am

MIT NSE Nuclear Information Hub (http://web.mit.edu/nse/)

NSE: Nuclear Science and engeneering at MIT

http://mitnse.com/

What happened at Fukushima (as of March 12, 2011)

The following is a summary of the main facts...

read on at the link : http://mitnse.com/

Status Update – 3/14/11 at 1:00 pm EST (Source – The Federation of Electric Power Companies of Japan (FEPC))
    Posted on March 15, 2011 by mitnse

As of 1:00PM (EST), March 14, 2011

read on :
    http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/RS_Possible_damage_at_Fukushima_Daiichi_2_1503111.html

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Magnitude 9.1 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN - March 11, 2011 - Page 12 Empty Re: Magnitude 9.1 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN - March 11, 2011

Post  mudra Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:06 am

Looks like we hit the same thing Jenetta.
    Above is the updates from the MIT NSE site .

Love from me
    mudra
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:43 am

"If a highly developed country like Japan, with high safety standards and norms, cannot prevent such consequences for nuclear power after an earthquake and a tsunami, then this has consequences for the whole world." Angela Merkel, the Bundeschancellor.

The very beginning of the shift in the conscioussness in the "higher" levels of our worldwide governments?

Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:53 am

Have We not wished for this type of an understanding ?

Wink

We must see opportunities as such and while the source is often sobering - Where opportunities present there is true change...

Man - Alas - Always seems to learn the hard way and in that many usually perish in the learning. This is not Us in Our True State however - It is Them pushing Us to It and so We must endeavour on another Path - One minus War - Nuclear Power and the Petro Dollar. One that sees the implementation of Zero Point Energy or Energy from the Vacuum along with Antigravitic Drives...

All else is unfortunately and finally - A Death trip...

sunny

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:20 am

DEFCON Warning System - Radiation Report 3/14/11 5:30 PM PM PST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_csLbOxQ3HA

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:57 am

Radiation from Japan not likely to harm North America
    14 Mars 2011

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/JeffMasters/comment.html?entrynum=1763&tstamp=&page=1

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:05 am

Thanks Mudras Mudras
    Latest is The Atomic agency is saying levels have fallen and US warships are moving closer to the coast to help in relief aid. I dont think America is in Danger. Put it this way. If I was an American, it wouldnt be fallout from a Japanese reactor I would be worrying about.
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:38 am

Great research folks.

It is so important to never believe in entirity what the MSM tells us. They will give us half truths, but always look for the truth behind the truth.

The day we see the rats heading for their bunkers is the day we will know to be worried. Annoyed
    Nela
    Nela

Post  Nela Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:49 am

Micjer wrote:Great research folks.

It is so important to never believe in entirity what the MSM tells us. They will give us half truths, but always look for the truth behind the truth.

The day we see the rats heading for their bunkers is the day we will know to be worried. Annoyed

Maybe we could than seal those bunkers permanently- rats should remain underground forewer... Crazy Happy
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:21 am

This is not the end o it folks. Supermoon this weekend and they need to get that stablized as quickly as possible given the potential of upcoming devestating mega quakes in next few days.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:48 am

Magnitude 9.1 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN - March 11, 2011 - Page 12 R2176734204
    RADIATION LEVELS SOAR
    Drudge Report: http://www.drudgereport.com/
    THIRD EXPLOSION AT NUKE PLANT...
    TOKYO WIND: Radiation could reach Tokyo by nightfall...
    Spent nuke fuel pool may be boiling...
    PANIC: May dump water on pool by helicopter...
    Panicked residents start to flee...

Powerful quake hits southwest of Tokyo...
    A powerful earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 6.0 jolted central Japan on Tuesday night.
    http://www3.nhk.or.jp/daily/english/15_60.html

Third explosion at nuke plant raises spectre of nuclear nightmare...
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8382139/Japan-crisis-third-explosion-raises-spectre-of-nuclear-nightmare.html

RACE TO SAVE THE REACTORS...

Mass evacuations...

UPDATE: US Navy crew exposed to radiation...

QUAKE MAPS, DETAILS...

Food panic...

Japan braces for the worst...

Confusion, chaos spreading...

Germany to shut down seven reactors

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:23 pm

malletzky wrote:"If a highly developed country like Japan, with high safety standards and norms, cannot prevent such consequences for nuclear power after an earthquake and a tsunami, then this has consequences for the whole world." Angela Merkel, the Bundeschancellor.

The very beginning of the shift in the conscioussness in the "higher" levels of our worldwide governments?
    Germany has set all plans for new nuclear plants on an immediate halt.
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:36 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:
    malletzky wrote:"If a highly developed country like Japan, with high safety standards and norms, cannot prevent such consequences for nuclear power after an earthquake and a tsunami, then this has consequences for the whole world." Angela Merkel, the Bundeschancellor.

Germany has set all plans for new nuclear plants on an immediate halt.

Yep, but it means all plans concerning newly extended running times for many nuclear plants. They decided to shut down 7 nuclear plants built before 1980 right now, until they've checked them properly. After this period of 3 months, if needed, they promissed to shut down any nuclear plant which's security standards and technology isn't on an appropriate maximum level. Of course after "talking" first with the operating companies.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:37 pm

Carol wrote:This is not the end o it folks. Supermoon this weekend and they need to get that stablized as quickly as possible given the potential of upcoming devestating mega quakes in next few days.

I have got my seatbelt buckled Carol and holding the vision of the best possible outcome.

Stay strong.

Love for You
    mudra
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:32 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42083890/ns/world_news-asiapacific/?gt1=43001

MSM is reporting the same thing, including that there is "panic" in Tokyo. Several people have chastised them for such a sensational headline, noting that people of Tokyo do not panic and that they have been through many bad times.

Clip:

"Still, the French Embassy in Tokyo advised its citizens to leave the Japanese capital. The U.S. government advised Americans to avoid travel to Japan.

Austria moved its embassy from Tokyo to Osaka.

China became the first government to organize a mass evacuation of its citizens from Japan's northeast. Air China and China Eastern Airlines also canceled flights to Tokyo and two cities in the disaster area.

German airline Lufthansa started scanning aircraft returning from Japan for radioactivity, NBC News reported. "This is a precautionary measure for us," a spokesman said.

Radiation levels also rose slightly in Russia's Far East on Tuesday but stayed within normal levels, local officials said.

Russia's military said it was on alert to evacuate people if required from Russia's Sakhalin island, whose southernmost tip is visible from northern Japan, Interfax news agency reported."

In the meantime...working in Mendocino County today. Cannot find Potassium Iodide.

I just spoke with someone at a Safeway(Kroeger) pharmacy, and they said they tried to get some yesterday, but their supplier does not even have it.

Even if ordered today, the "cloud" would get here first.

On the bright side, I am not sure I expected to make it to be 45 y/o.

HOLD ME IN YOUR THOUGHTS FOR THE 17th!!!!! I will be right ON the COASTLINE doing home visits, all day. This is right where the tsunami just ripped out the docks.

Gulp.

I don't want to drown, again.

phooey
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:51 pm

HigherLove wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42083890/ns/world_news-asiapacific/?gt1=43001

In the meantime...working in Mendocino County today. Cannot find Potassium Iodide.

I just spoke with someone at a Safeway(Kroeger) pharmacy, and they said they tried to get some yesterday, but their supplier does not even have it.

I found this on ATS HigherLove :

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread674027/pg12

Ok, I've done some research, I can't start my own thread as I don't have 20 posts...

If you have a Rite Aid (US), go get GNC Mega Men vitamins, OR, even better GNC Prenatal Formula, it is $9.99 for a bottle of 60 caplets, purple label.

The Mega Men has 150mcg of Potassium Iodide, the Prenatals have 290 mcg.

If you are male, get the prenatal formula, without iron. You could cut them in half.

Forget about ordering online, or Kelp, just go get the vitamins, if you are freaked.

I've already told all my friends and family to do this Saturday night in Washington state.

I live in Virginia, and I already have some. If it turns out to be nothing (I do NOT think this is nothing btw)
    then you are just taking vitamins for a coupla weeks.

If this should be moved or posted elsewhere, help me out.

Hope this helps a little

Love from me
    mudra
    MargueriteBee
    MargueriteBee

Post  MargueriteBee Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:58 pm

Man, this is so surreal, like a movie.
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:05 pm

Right now I am listening to a Skype interview with a Polish student residing now in Tokyo.
    This is what he says:
    1. There is no panic in Tokyo.
    2. There are some shortages of certain food items.
    3. when it comes to fuel, it depemds where the gas station is located. there are some that are closed because there is no fuel there, there are some that operate normally, there are some that sell only up to certain number of liters of gas.
    4. According to Japanese news the level of radiation in close proximity of the power plant is even lower than it was in Chernobyl in 1 km radius.
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:16 pm

Following reports that all major banks have pulled their employees out of Tokyo overnight, finally broad evacuations are starting to spread to the ordinary citizens, starting with China. AP reports that: "China became the first government to organize a mass evacuation of its citizens from Japan's northeast on Tuesday, while other foreigners left the country following radiation leaks at an earthquake-damaged nuclear power plant. Austria said it is moving its embassy from Tokyo to Osaka, 250 miles (400 kilometers) away, due to radiation concerns. France recommended that its citizens leave the Japanese capital, while the U.S. government advised Americans to avoid travel to Japan." And while the Chinese concern for its citizens is admirable, what is peculiar is the complete silence as to how China, which is very much downwind from Fukushima, is handling the fears of its own local citizens regarding spreading radiation. http://www.zerohedge.com/article/china-orders-mass-evacuation-its-citizens-northeast-japan

If bankers are leaving...that is the rats jumping ship...no good...what do they know that they are not telling?

Last edited by Andromeda on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:23 pm

It might be that they fear it is not the final end yet....and that there is more to come...more of something...
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Magnitude 9.1 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN - March 11, 2011 - Page 12 Empty Magnitude 9.1 Earthquake/Tsunami NE Japan

Post  Jenetta Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:23 pm

Prime Minister Harper has made an announcement through the media (he is in BC at the moment) that Canadians have nothing to worry about from radiation releases into the atmosphere re. Japan as he has been monitoring the situation with Japanese authorities. So lets hope the situation is stabilizing (if we can believe Harper in one of his rare moments of truth). Although like Obama he advised Canadians to postpone travelling to Japan.

Last edited by Jenetta on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info...)
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:26 pm

mudra wrote:

Ok, I've done some research, I can't start my own thread as I don't have 20 posts...

If you have a Rite Aid (US), go get GNC Mega Men vitamins, OR, even better GNC Prenatal Formula, it is $9.99 for a bottle of 60 caplets, purple label.

If you are male, get the prenatal formula, without iron. You could cut them in half.

Forget about ordering online, or Kelp, just go get the vitamins, if you are freaked.

I've already told all my friends and family to do this Saturday night in Washington state.

I live in Virginia, and I already have some. If it turns out to be nothing (I do NOT think this is nothing btw)

Hope this helps a little

Love from me
    mudra

Thanks! I am on my way right now.

MSN (MSM) is reporting Iodide shortages on the West Coast -

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp=42091935�
    Karen
    Karen

Post  Karen Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:55 pm

In a former life I was a Med Tech for the pharma pushing doctors of allopathy. Whoever wrote that post on the other forum mixed up mcg and mg.

I tried to find something in our health food store yesterday and there was a "Thyroid Caps" with 150 mcg of potassium iodide.

I have a big bag of chopped dulse and I think I'll use that - though I haven't confirmed yet how much iodine you should get from from x dose of dulse.

The Dr. Brownstein article said 130 mg.
    One micro-gram (µg) equals to 0.001 milli-grams (mg).
    130 mg = 130,000 mcg
    150 mcg = .15 mg, therefore:
    Your daily multis will give you nowhere near the amount you need to fill the thyroid with iodine.

You must be careful with iodine - if you have an unknown thyroid imbalance 130 mg of potassium iodide can burn out your thyroid. Don't take that high of a dose without medical supervision unless you know high radioactive iodine levels are a day away.

mudra wrote:
    HigherLove wrote:http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42083890/ns/world_news-asiapacific/?gt1=43001

I found this on ATS HigherLove :

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread674027/pg12

Hope this helps a little

Love from me
    mudra
    Anonymous

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:00 pm

Japan Update: It’s Much Worse than it Looks

Submitted by madhedgefundtrader on 03/15/2011 12:00 -0400

I just got off the phone with several frightened, somewhat dazed survivors of the Japanese earthquake who work in the financial markets, and I thought it important to immediately pass on what they said. Some were clearly terrified.

Japan’s economic outlook now appears far more dire than I anticipated only a day ago. It looks like GDP growth rate is going to instantly flip from +2% to -3%, a swing of -5%, similar to what we saw after the Kobe earthquake in 1995. We have just had a “V” shaped economy dumped in our laps, and we have just embarked on a precipitous down leg. Two very weak quarters will be followed by two strong ones. The initial damage estimate is $60-$120 billion, and that will certainly rise.

Kobe had a larger immediate impact because of its key location as a choke point for the country’s rail and road transportation networks and ports. But the Sendai quake has affected a far larger area. Magnifying the impact is the partial melt down at the Fukushima Dai Ichi nuclear power plant, forcing the evacuation of everyone within a 12 mile radius.

Most major companies, including Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and Sony have shut down all domestic production. Management want to tally death tolls, damage to plant and equipment, and conduct emergency safety reviews. In any case, most employees are unable to get to work because of the complete shutdown of the rail system. Tokyo’s subway system is closed, stranding 25 million residents there.

Electric power shortages are a huge problem. The country’s eight Northern prefectures are now subject to three hour daily black outs and power rationing, including Tokyo. That has closed all manufacturing activity in the most economically vital part of the country.

Panic buying has emptied out every store in the major cities of all food and bottled water. Gas stations were cleaned out of all supplies and reserves, since much of Japan’s refining capacity has been closed. There are 20,000 expatriates waiting at Tokyo’s Narita airport as foreign companies evacuate staff to nearby financial centers in Hong Kong and Singapore. Airlines are diverting aircraft and laying on extra flights to accommodate the traffic.

The Tokyo Stock Exchange absolutely took it on the nose on Monday morning. Trading lasted exactly four minutes until, with the TOPIX Index down 7%, the circuit breakers kicked in. Most lead blue chips were down 10%, and 175 stocks never opened. Only construction stocks were up. Most of the selling was being done by foreign institutions and hedge funds, locals having vacated this market ages ago. This could be the beginning of a new bear market that will last for many months.

Prime Minister Naoko Kan has asked the Bank of Japan “to save the country.” The central bank responded promptly with ¥15 trillion, or $187 billion worth of credit market purchases. The yen spiked at the opening, as I expected, to ¥81.4, as carry trades were unwound en masse. Then the BOJ showed its heavy hand, slapping it back down to ¥82.2 where it has sat since. They appear to be taking on all comers at this price, and have the printing presses to fall back on. The situation remains fluid.

My global macro call proved spot on. Oil is down $2, plunging to a two week low below $100/barrel, blindsided by shrinking Japanese demand. Equities were sold worldwide. Uranium miners in Australia took a particular pounding, as the nuclear crisis casts a long shadow over this reviving energy source. Insurers were unloaded in London and Zurich. The S&P 500 opened down 10 points to 1,295 in the futures markets, close to Friday’s low.

It looks like we are seeing the first multiple partial nuclear melt downs in history. But a professor at nearby UC Berkeley tells me this is more of repeat of Three Mile Island, where half the fuel rods melted, than Chernobyl, where they all did. Small amounts of low radiation cesium and iodine have already been released, which should be measurable on American roof tops in about ten days. Neighboring countries are enforcing radiation testing of all food imports from Japan.

The death toll is certain to ratchet up considerably. Seaside villages that have been wiped off the face of the earth don’t return phone calls. Japan’s maritime self-defense forces are scouring the seas off of Sendai, rescuing a lucky few clinging to floating debris.

Finally, I wish to thank the many who sent me emails of concern, aware of my long family ties to Japan. Everyone is safe as they were fortunately out of the country when the disaster struck, or did not live in the worst affected areas.

Further updates to follow.

To see the data, charts, and graphs that support this research piece, as well as more iconoclastic and out-of-consensus analysis, please visit me at www.madhedgefundtrader.com . There, you will find the conventional wisdom mercilessly flailed and tortured daily, and my last two years of research reports available for free. You can also listen to me on Hedge Fund Radio by clicking on “This Week on Hedge Fund Radio” in the upper right corner of my home page.http://www.zerohedge.com/article/japan-update-it%E2%80%99s-much-worse-it-looks
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:01 pm

Hello, Karen I caught the discrepancy between mg and mcg as well. I did not know how to point it out and I'm so glad you posted before I did. Thanks so much, this is important. Linda

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:33 am