tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Natural remedies for our teeth

mudra
    mudra

Natural remedies for our teeth  Empty Natural remedies for our teeth

Post  mudra Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Ayurvedic Tips for dental care

According to Ayurveda our mouth is the seat of kapha dosa. We must keep is as clean as possible to reduce this as it may lead to yellowing of teeth, oral and dental problems.

If your teeth are dull, yellow and stained then think of ayurvedic treatment that has no side affect and leads to the permanent whitening and strengthening of the teeth. Ayurvedic tips for teeth must be followed in routine to get the best teeth and forever. Also ayurvedic treatment will lead to the whole mouth care instead of just teeth.

These days many teeth whitening treatments in the form of ayurvedic paste, herbs, tooth powder are available. But along with this by making some changes in the diet will also lead to the whitening of teeth and so come under ayurvedic tips for teeth.

Popular Ayurvedic Herbs for Teeth Care

Arrow http://health.indiamart.com/ayurveda/ayurvedic-tips/teeth-care.html

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    devakas
    devakas

Natural remedies for our teeth  Empty Re: Natural remedies for our teeth

Post  devakas Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:08 am

Mudra thank you for the post. Flowers Tested for thousand years and at the same time simple medicine works wonders.

I just wish that Association of Ayurvedic Medicines that promotes traditional remedies win and win big.

Colgate Accused of Stealing Thousand-Year-Old Toothpaste
    Published : Thursday, 21 Oct 2010, 8:40 AM EDT

(NewsCore) - A legal dispute between the U.S. and India over a herbal toothpaste was leaving a bitter aftertaste between the two countries Thursday, with Colgate Palmolive accused of filing a bogus patent.

Colgate, the world’s largest producer of toothpaste, patented a toothcleaning powder in the hope that it would take the multibillion-dollar Indian oral hygiene market by storm.

However, Indian activists claim that the patent is bogus because the ingredients -- including clove oil, camphor, black pepper and spearmint -- have been used for the same purpose for hundreds, “if not thousands,” of years on the subcontinent.

The dispute is likely to become a test case for who owns India’s folk medicines -- a repository potentially worth billions.

The American household goods giant was granted the patent in the U.S. in June for what it claimed was a groundbreaking “red herbal dentifrice.” The patent, the Indian activists allege, is the latest act of “biopiracy” -- whereby Western corporations plunder techniques, plants or genes used in the emerging world for centuries, for commercial profit.

“This toothpowder is classical in origin,” said Devender Triguna, the president of the Association of Manufactures of Ayurvedic Medicines, an Indian body that promotes traditional remedies. It is demanding that the Indian government take legal action against Colgate.

“The ingredients date back to antiquity. They have been used by the common Indian man for thousands of years. So how can it possibly be patented?” Triguna asked.

Colgate did not respond to a request for comment. However, its patent filing argues that the use of red iron oxide, which is less abrasive than ingredients in traditional toothpaste, is new.

The case is the latest to anger India as it becomes increasingly vocal over the alleged pillaging of its ancient knowledge for commercial gain. It is one of 17 nations to form the Group of Like-Minded Megadiverse Countries, an alliance that has accused richer countries of tapping the emerging world’s natural resources for medicines and cosmetics without paying royalties.

India is in the process of creating 34 million webpages to document its ancient medicinal techniques to stop them from being claimed by foreign profiteers.
    cheers
    Nenuphar
    Nenuphar

Post  Nenuphar Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 am

Thank you for this article, Mudra! Excellent information! Harp
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:09 pm

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:04 pm

I will try it on what remains of the teeth I was born with.

And there ya go again, trying to make us smile.

Insanely Happy

earthian
    earthian

Post  earthian Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:25 pm

Natural remedies for our teeth  Great-Mullen-Or-Velvet-Dock-Verbascum-thapsusThank You Mudra for posting the tips! I will be trying them as well. I want to share another usefull tip for dealing with respiratory problems which includes a herb called Mulen or The Great Mullein. Lately I've been aquiring all kinds of books on herbal medicine, edible plants, mushrooms e.t.c. While looking through one of them ( Edible and Medicinal Plants of British Colombia) I came across that very plant, which grows here in abundance. One can make a tea or even smoke the dryed leaves of the plant to deal with nasal congestions, bronchitis, astma e.t.c. I tried it last winter (tea and smoking) and couldnt believe how smoking a plant which many people consider an 'invasive weed' instantaniously relieves one from coughing and running nose.
    Natural remedies for our teeth  796312

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:30 pm