tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

5 million aquatic animals die at Mara river in Kenya

JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

5 million aquatic animals die at Mara river in Kenya Empty 5 million aquatic animals die at Mara river in Kenya

Post  JesterTerrestrial Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:04 pm

5 million aquatic animals die at Mara river in Kenya Images21

http://thewatchers.adorraeli.com/2011/02/20/5-million-aquatic-animals-die-at-mara-river-in-kenya/

The National Environmental Management Authority (Nema), Public Health Ministry and Kenya Wildlife Service are investigating the deaths of fish in Mara River. Conservationists suspect the deaths that started last week might have been caused by agro chemicals from farms, that drain into the river. Hoteliers in Masai Mara Game Reserve are now expressing fear that the chemicals might kill animals that depend on the river.

“The deaths could have been caused by agro chemicals from large scale farms on the upper side of the river. The chemicals might also kill hippos, crocodiles and other animals that drink water from the river,” said Ben Kipeno, a conservationist from the northern side of the reserve. Mr Kipeno said on Wednesday there were unconfirmed reports that apart from fish, a crocodile and a hippo have already succumbed to effects of the chemicals. He urged the Government to rein in farmers along the river who use potent chemicals and claimed that despite several complaints to Nema no action has been taken.

“The sudden change of weather that resulted into heavy mist covering the water surface, inhibiting fish and other animals that depend on the river from breathing might have been the cause of the deaths,”

Will Smith
    Posted February 20, 2011 at 3:05 PM

folks, seriously, all of the sudden deaths of animals around the world should be of serious concern to us all. These lame excuses just should make us sit up straight. Something bad is really going on. Get ready it’s going to get worse.
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

5 million aquatic animals die at Mara river in Kenya Empty Re: 5 million aquatic animals die at Mara river in Kenya

Post  lindabaker Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:04 am

Heavy mist causing the death of animals like crocodiles? Oh really? I don't think so. This worldwide phenomenon is not getting much attention in the US. I say that, but I don't watch much mainstream news anymore, so I could be very wrong. Has anyone done toxicology reports on these animals? Why wouldn't the international scientific community be there right now raising the alarm? Five million animals and fish? That's more than is imaginable. It's serious as we all know here on our forum. Are there any international science groups addressing this? If not, why not? I am willing to call upon any scientific group to see what's being done, if anyone has any ideas of names of organizations. I'm willing to investigate this. I'm looking for toxins, or proof that the magnetic shift is causing confusion and disorientation. I remember the dolphins starting to do this back in 2004 or so...they would just lose their way and beach themselves simultaneously. If so, it explains why people seem so confused right now.

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 3:29 pm