tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Northern Lights to be visible from Britain

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Northern Lights to be visible from Britain Empty Northern Lights to be visible from Britain

Post  Carol Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:03 pm

Northern Lights to be visible from Britain
    Northern Lights to be visible from Britain Northern-lights3_1753907c
    3:47AM GMT 17 Feb 2011
    Scientists are warning that the eruption of the largest solar flare in four years will also disrup communications. "Since February 13 three energetic solar flares have erupted on the sun and spewed clouds of charged plasma called coronal mass ejections (CMEs) out towards the earth," a BGS geomagnetic storm warning said.

"Already one CME arrived on the 14th sparking Valentine's Day displays of the Northern Lights (aurora borealis) further south than usual.

"Two CMEs are expected to arrive in the next 24-48 hours and further...displays are possible some time over the next two nights if skies are clear."

The strongest solar storm in four years is expected to interfere with satellites and electrical networks, with astronomers in southern China already reporting disturbances to radio communications.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/8329907/Northern-Lights-to-be-visible-from-Britain.html

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    MargueriteBee
    MargueriteBee

Northern Lights to be visible from Britain Empty Re: Northern Lights to be visible from Britain

Post  MargueriteBee Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:56 pm

I've been checking to see if I can see them from Washington but the north is cloudy.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Northern Lights to be visible from Britain Empty Re: Northern Lights to be visible from Britain

Post  Carol Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:13 am

Hi Marguerite. The Northern Lights are on my bucket list... only I hope never to see them from here otherwise I know the pole shifted and my winter clothes are in Oregon. Crazy Happy

It's almost a full moon tonight and very beautiful. I hope you catch a glimps of the NL. lol! :heart2:

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:14 am