tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+2
mudra
Carol
6 posters

Skype apologizes for global blackout

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Skype apologizes for global blackout Empty Skype apologizes for global blackout

Post  Carol Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:58 pm

Paul D. Levine: Skype Administrator: Hello dear users of Skype, due to the extremely large number of subscribers to Skype, now numbering 800 million, our server has serious difficulties. Now launched a campaign to delete unused Skype accounts. Send this message to at least 15 of their subscribers who are on line to show us that you are an active user of Skype. If you do so not do it within 2 days you will be designated as inactive Skype user and your account will be frozen for an indefinite period of time—

Millions of people around the globe have been hit by an outage at the popular internet phone service Skype. Users as far afield as Japan, Europe and the US have all reported problems. Skype apologises for losing half of daily call traffic. The company which prides itself on providing relatively reliable service last suffered a major outage in 2007. "We take outages like this really seriously and apologise for the inconvenience users are having," Tony Bates, Skype chief executive officer told BBC News. "Right now it looks like clients are coming on and offline and sometimes they are crashing in the middle of calls. We are deep in the middle of investigating the cause of the problem and have teams working hard to remedy the situation," Mr Bates said.

On Skype's Twitter account, the company said their "engineers and site operations team are working non-stop to get things back to normal".

continued at link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12064394

Last edited by Carol on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:10 am; edited 2 times in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Skype apologizes for global blackout Empty Re: Skype apologizes for global blackout

Post  mudra Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:07 pm

Thank You Carol .

Hugs

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Skype apologizes for global blackout Empty Re: Skype apologizes for global blackout

Post  Carol Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:41 am

Skype slowly recovers from global blackout
    People using Skype Around 20 million people a day use the Skype internet calls service

The free internet phone service Skype is slowly coming back online after an outage that affected millions of people around the globe.

The firm's engineers are still working to fix the problem, which first started at around 2030 GMT on 22 December.

Skype said the fault had been caused by a "software issue" on critical parts of its network.

The firm told the BBC that it was currently handling 12.5 million phone calls, 50% of its normal traffic.

"We take outages like this really seriously and apologise for the inconvenience," Skype chief Tony Bates told BBC News.

In a blog post, the company said that it was now starting to see an increase in the number of people using its network.

continued at link: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-12064394

Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:13 pm

Probably testing their internet kill switch infrastructure
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:52 am

Paul D. Levine: Skype Administrator: Hello dear users of Skype,due to the extremely large number of subscribers to Skype, now numbering 800 million, our server has serious difficulties. Now launched a campaign to delete unused Skype accounts. Send this message to at least 15 of their subscribers who are on line to show us that you are an active user of Skype. If you do so not do it within 2 days you will be designated as inactive Skype user and your account will be frozen for an indefinite period of time—

burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:01 am

And they chose Christmas time to do that????
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:05 am

Anchor wrote:Probably testing their internet kill switch infrastructure

Yep - You got It Holmes - Smack on...

Skype is free and easy to use plus it goes through unrestricted and free of snooping by Intel Agencies...

Enough said ?

They want it down...

Personally - I don't have 15 People in My Skype Account so that willl mean that I will be placed as Inactive and unable to use the Service soon.

Mission accomplished if You ask Me as I, and I gather many others - Will not be able to comply....

Suspect

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:16 am

Okay, let's get real here. If folks don't have the numbers (other people to contact) just eliminate Skype now from your hard drive and reinstall it later after the purge. I've gone months and not used Skype yet when I needed it, I needed it. I'm also not sure if you need fifteen people or fifteen messages in the next two days. You could just send 15 messages too.

malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:18 am

Mercuriel wrote:

Skype is free and easy to use plus it goes through unrestricted and free of snooping by Intel Agencies...

Enough said ?

They want it down...

Personally - I don't have 15 People in My Skype Account so that willl mean that I will be placed as Inactive and unable to use the Service soon.

Mission accomplished if You ask Me as I, and I gather many others - Will not be able to comply....

Suspect

I will not bother to forward that message, even I received it few minutes ago. It's fake, nothing more. If they want to know if I'm active member, they can easily check it otherway.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:26 am

How do you know it is fake?

Another thing.. it would be interesting to see how fast it covers the globe.

malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:41 am

About all theories of closing, resctricting or monitoring internet...well I have an idea how to perfectly accomplish this. And I'm sure that "they" have already had this idea too Wink

First and only, "they" will just have to cut off the global electricity for a while. Easy to accomplish if:

1. "They" pray for a huge and massive sun burst of plasma to hit the earth.
    2. "They" don't have to pray if "they" can produce one (hmm, could be possible, what do you think?) Rolling Eyes
    3. Or just cut off the main electrical distribution points worldwide (also easy to accomplish).

This will not only cut off the internet itself by accomplishing this, but also almost all other possible ways of communication (mobile phones etc.) This way, "they" could mannage to cut off about 98% of all possible communication worldwide.

Second, while the world is in panic and struggle to figure out what's happening, you can easily establish the already prepared ways of alternative communication, but only for the chosen ones of course. Does such alternative ways of communication exists? You better bet these exists Wink

So why panic? If they really wanted to do this, "they" would've already done this by now. But...

...you can also bet that this scenry is not in "their" interest too. Why?

Well think about that...If I would be "them", I would think twice if I would dare to let more then 7 billion people worldwide without control. Or do you think that "they" will destroy "their" with purpose and since many thousand years established modern slave world to just give up the control of the humanity?

Because, logicaly thought, if "they" allow the above mentioned to come true..."they've" lost the control. Definitelly. And for a long time. Which could cost "them" a lot. It would cost "them"...

...our freedom.

with respect
    malletzky

Last edited by malletzky on Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:43 am

Carol wrote:How do you know it is fake?

Another thing.. it would be interesting to see how fast it covers the globe.

CHeck their website. No announcment. If meant to be real, they would've officially annouce this. I can read the energy signature of one of the so called "chain letter" here...

EDIT: but I could also be wrong and have my account deleted by sunday cheers
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:49 am

malletzky wrote:
    Mercuriel wrote:

Enough said ?

They want it down...

Suspect

I will not bother to forward that message, even I received it few minutes ago. It's fake, nothing more. If they want to know if I'm active member, they can easily check it otherway.

btw...I didn't receive this message from Skype (it came from Mudra). All other sources are not thrustworthy...as they're able to send this message to all their users if they will.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:55 am

There is no panic here if that is the impression that You've gotten of what I posted above. I was just stating the facts in My Personal Situation if that was the case with Skype. I have other - Older - Methods should this really occur in any meaningful way.

That said - The Effort is not to shut the Net Down - Just to restrict It and Control It in a way that They can prevent real Truth from getting out to the Masses. So in terms of Skype and It's interruption of Service lately - Its likely DOS Attacks that are causing the increased Server Load.

Skype is one of the Thorn's in Their side simply by the way the Service works.

sunny

malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:00 am

Mercuriel wrote:There is no panic here if that is the impression that You've gotten of what I posted above. I was just stating the facts in My Personal Situation if that was the case with Skype. I have other - Older - Methods should this really occur in any meaningful way.

That said - The Effort is not to shut the Net Down - Just to restrict It and Control It in a way that They can prevent real Truth from getting out to the Masses. So in terms of Skype and It's interruption of Service lately - Its likely DOS Attacks that are causing the increased Server Load.

Skype is one of the Thorn's in Their side simply by the way the Service works.

sunny

Merc, I've had no impression about any panic here on this forum. These were only my thoughts about the global panic of cutting and restricting internet.

IMO, skype is not dangereous at all. I'm only restricted to contact my contacts...and that's all. But the internet, with so many websites and forums about the truth...that's another story.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:12 am

Affirm - No worries...

I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't interpreted as panicing because I am not. In fact - I rarely panic at anything anymore LOL...

That said - I suppose thats a good thing...

Wink

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:22 am

This is one reason I have a rotary phone landline which works very well when the power goes out.

Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:36 pm

Carol wrote:Paul D. Levine: Skype Administrator: Hello dear users of Skype,due to the extremely large number of subscribers to Skype, now numbering 800 million, our server has serious difficulties. Now launched a campaign to delete unused Skype accounts. Send this message to at least 15 of their subscribers who are on line to show us that you are an active user of Skype. If you do so not do it within 2 days you will be designated as inactive Skype user and your account will be frozen for an indefinite period of time—

This is almost certainly a hoax
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:39 pm

I had a nice, cost free, skype conversation with my mum and brother last night (my time).

Asides from taking extra time to log in (several minutes) it was working fine.
    burgundia
    burgundia

Post  burgundia Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:35 am

It looked like a hoax to me but I wasn't taking chances...lol..sent those messages to my Skype contacts...just in case...lol

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:09 pm