tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

Dead Drops - File Sharing IF Internet Goes Down

AscendingStarseed
    AscendingStarseed

Dead Drops - File Sharing IF Internet Goes Down Empty Dead Drops - File Sharing IF Internet Goes Down

Post  AscendingStarseed Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:16 am

This is the start of a good idea of thinking ahead. We need to start creating our own internet infrastructure backup and this is a great way to start before Sen. Joe Lieberman has his way with an internet "kill switch" like the one China has that he loves so much. Don't get caught up with the inherent flaws, but think how to take this to the next step. We all know the limitations of this, so come up with a better idea and take it from there.

Remember, it was the Samisdat that brought about the demise of the Soviet Union. When it became obvious that the government was lying to the people and Pravda and Isvestia were helping them do it, Russians set up a network of FAX machines called the Samizdat, to spread the truth about what was going on on the country. I suppose the Soviet media tried to ban FAX machines the way US Corporate media is trying to ban the internet, but the end result is pretty much the same. Once the people know they are being lied to, you cannot control them any longer and the USSR is gone.

The same fate clearly is in store for the US Government.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...

Dead Drops: When US Cyber Command Pulls the Net
    http://tinyurl.com/2awg6cf

http://RedactedNews.com[url][/url]

This information is courtesy of Bill Ryan

Last edited by AscendingStarseed on Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't get video to load properly)
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Dead Drops - File Sharing IF Internet Goes Down Empty Re: Dead Drops - File Sharing IF Internet Goes Down

Post  eMonkey Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:13 pm

What a superb idea. The Winner
    AscendingStarseed
    AscendingStarseed

Dead Drops - File Sharing IF Internet Goes Down Empty Re: Dead Drops - File Sharing IF Internet Goes Down

Post  AscendingStarseed Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:38 pm

eMonkey wrote:What a superb idea. The Winner

thought so myself...although it would be wise to use a little discretion in respects to placing it in a not so conspicuous area as a train station or where surveillance camera's can get a fix on people standing attaching their computer to a wall or telephone while they download information. Here in Hawaii where it's less populated where were surrounded by a lot of jungle I can see hiding it in trees and such..

also, it's not practical for people like who communicate or exchange information over long distances. I have few people in my area that I share info with, most of it comes from afar.

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:33 pm

So... what are those thingies they stick in the plaster?

scratch Argh

Are they the infamous 'Wiki Leaks' perhaps?
    Heh heh
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:52 pm

From what I hear, the device of choice for recording the info is good old cd's and there are thousands out there that have been copied off. They can't find them all, certainly.
    AscendingStarseed
    AscendingStarseed

Post  AscendingStarseed Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:58 am

TRANCOSO wrote:So... what are those thingies they stick in the plaster?

are you talking about the flash drive, the thingie with the usb attachment on the end of it?
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:49 pm

AscendingStarseed wrote:

are you talking about the flash drive, the thingie with the usb attachment on the end of it?
    Lmfao
    Yeah, but I was just pulling your leg AS.
    AscendingStarseed
    AscendingStarseed

Post  AscendingStarseed Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:46 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:
    AscendingStarseed wrote:

Lmfao
    Yeah, but I was just pulling your leg AS.

There a jocolor in every crowd! rendeer

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:15 pm