tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

WHAT IS IT ABOUT THEIR OATH OF OFFICE THEY DON'T GET? "uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States"

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

WHAT IS IT ABOUT THEIR OATH OF OFFICE THEY DON'T GET? "uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States" Empty WHAT IS IT ABOUT THEIR OATH OF OFFICE THEY DON'T GET? "uphold and defend the Constitution of The United States"

Post  Carol Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:24 pm

Quote: In a nutshell simply..here ya go:

The house didn't want to generate a budget for the govt. They knew it would be massive because they are hell bent on spending like a bunch of teenage gurls drunk for the first time with a handful of Daddy's credit cards at the mall..so they pushed doing that off until after the midterm elections so they wouldn't piss people off even more. So now the previous spending bill is about to run out...govt shut down, OMG no money...because they haven't appropriated any to run anything....so now 3 days before the money runs out deadline?...They pile all the spending bills that should have been passed into a giant XXXX pile known as an "Omnibus" (all encompassing or containing many bills) spending bill..then they all pile on earmarks and tasty crap like 500k for fat studies in my home state, few million for the Dirk Dipshit learning center in my town USA...crap like that...Then after all the Lobbyists and special interests get dealt out the G$$$ravy cause they greased the right palms?...the congress gets together and pretends to yell at each other for being dickheads, then they pass it and the govt is funded for however long again....

YET AGAIN, THE SENATE COMMITS TREASON - THINK BACK TO WHAT THEY DID WITH S.510

WHAT IS IT ABOUT THEIR OATH OF OFFICE THEY DON'T GET: "SUPPORT and DEFEND the Constitution of The United States"

Oath of Office
    I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.

Article One of the United States Constitution describes the powers of Congress, the legislative branch of the federal government.

Section Seven deals with legislative procedure, providing that all bills for revenue. Revenue must originate in the House of Representative. The section provides that once a bill passes the House of Representatives and the Senate, by a majority vote, it shall be presented to the President, who may sign the bill into law, veto the bill and return to the House in which it originated together with his objections, or neither sign nor veto it within ten days excluding Sundays, at which time it automatically becomes law (if Congress is in session) or dies (if Congress is not in session, a situation known as a pocket veto). The section provides that Congress, by a two-thirds vote, may override a presidential veto, enacting a law over the president's objections...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_One_of_the_United_States_Constitution

link: http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1289389/pg1

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:35 pm