tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

Kids write Santa this year for basic needs instead of toys

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Kids write Santa this year for basic needs instead of toys Empty Kids write Santa this year for basic needs instead of toys

Post  Carol Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:40 pm

Kids write Santa this year for basic needs instead of toys

Santa Claus and his elves are seeing more heartbreaking letters this year as children cite their parents' economic troubles in their wish lists. U.S. Postal Service workers who handle letters addressed to Santa at the North Pole say more letters ask for basics — coats, socks and shoes — rather than Barbie dolls, video games and computers. At New York City's main post office, Head Elf Pete Fontana and 22 staff elves will sort 2 million letters in Operation Santa, which connects needy children with "Secret Santas" who answer their wishes. Fontana, a customer relations coordinator for the Postal Service, has been head elf for 15 years. "The need is greater this year than I've ever seen it," he says. "One little girl didn't want anything for herself. She wanted a winter coat for her mother."

continued at link: http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-12-15-1Asantaletters15_ST_N.htm

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Kids write Santa this year for basic needs instead of toys Empty Re: Kids write Santa this year for basic needs instead of toys

Post  mudra Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:32 pm

I am a victim of the crisis myself and am still struggling this year to get back on my feet.
    This is the first time this happens since 30 years of being an independant worker .
    We decided to have a Christmas without presents this year . Just a meal and the pleasure of being together .It is a good thing as it's allowing me to understand a little better a situation that many across the world are experiencing too every year .
    Having a family , food and a roof is already awesome considering others are not even having that .It is heartbreaking to hear that more children in our democratic countries are in need of basics as shoes , socks or a coat to keep them from the cold and that they have to wait for Santa Claus to hope having their wishes fullfilled.

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Kids write Santa this year for basic needs instead of toys Empty Re: Kids write Santa this year for basic needs instead of toys

Post  Carol Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:26 pm

Hi Mudra, I'm sorry to read that as we had that happen to us in the past so know how difficult it can be. When I read this story of the little girl wanting a coat for her mother it brought tears to my eyes as it is difficult to imagine that in a world filled with abundance - so many suffer. I'm really not into gift giving this year other then Christmas cookies. Celebrating Christmas more like Thanksgiving is much more appealing to us other they dinner with friends and midnight mass. Even our daughter didn't really ask for anything this year either and I don't have anything on any Christmas list as it just isn't appealing giving everything else going on. I guess what I want most is values re-established along with integrity where everyone is treated with kindness and respect.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:11 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:50 pm

Carol wrote: I guess what I want most is values re-established along with integrity where everyone is treated with kindness and respect.

Thank you Carol.I completely agree with you Cheerful
    The greatest gift we can offer to one another is to create a space of Love .
    That's where the true miracles take place .
    I have been witness to this so many times that I have an unbreakable faith
    that Love will lift this world in it's hands and bring it out of it's misery.
    We are so many to share this vision now and actually already living by it that
    there is great hope for much better world.

Merry Christmas to you and your family

Much Love for You

Hugs
    mudra

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 11:50 pm