tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

CHINA AND RUSSIA QUITS DOLLAR

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

CHINA AND RUSSIA QUITS DOLLAR Empty CHINA AND RUSSIA QUITS DOLLAR

Post  Carol Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:29 pm

CHINA AND RUSSIA QUITS DOLLAR Capt.245b6f6451134d1794a235e741b6dbf2-245b6f6451134d1794a235e741b6dbf2-0

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-11/24/content_11599087.htm

China, Russia quit dollar
    By Su Qiang and Li Xiaokun (China Daily)
    Updated: 2010-11-24 08:02

Premier Wen Jiabao shakes hands with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin on a visit to St. Petersburg on Tuesday.ALEXEY DRUZHININ / AFP

St. Petersburg, Russia - China and Russia have decided to renounce the US dollar and resort to using their own currencies for bilateral trade, Premier Wen Jiabao and his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin announced late on Tuesday.

Chinese experts said the move reflected closer relations between Beijing and Moscow and is not aimed at challenging the dollar, but to protect their domestic economies.

"About trade settlement, we have decided to use our own currencies," Putin said at a joint news conference with Wen in St. Petersburg.

The two countries were accustomed to using other currencies, especially the dollar, for bilateral trade. Since the financial crisis, however, high-ranking officials on both sides began to explore other possibilities.

The yuan has now started trading against the Russian rouble in the Chinese interbank market, while the renminbi will soon be allowed to trade against the rouble in Russia, Putin said.

"That has forged an important step in bilateral trade and it is a result of the consolidated financial systems of world countries," he said.

Last edited by Carol on Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

CHINA AND RUSSIA QUITS DOLLAR Empty Re: CHINA AND RUSSIA QUITS DOLLAR

Post  lindabaker Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:16 pm

They can trade with any means they want to, they don't have to use US currency. Since when did those two countries start using a distant third party currency, anyway? The US is a little baby compared to those cultures, right? To me, it's overly complicated, anyhow. What currency was in use for trade between them, before the US was founded? As we get more and more connected, how ARE people going to trade? What if Burgundia in Poland wants to sell a book to Mudra in Belgium? Why should the dollar even be involved? It's silly when we think about it! I'm sure there have been lots of currency debacles. It's the dilemma of uneven trade that causes a "note" or an "IOU" to be written in the first place. How can we do even for even trading so we don't need "notes" or currency at all? Is it even possible? I wonder about these things all of the time. There are some people who are using time banks for bartering services. Could we have banks for exchange of hard goods or intellectual property as well? Would a contribution society work out as we think it might? What about prior successful cultures? How did they handle the uneven exchange dilemma? Or was there no concept of uneven exchange because everyone just did their personal and separate thing, in a small and local setting, and nobody "owed" anybody? There was a woodcutter, a baker, and a firekeeper, right? If everybody did their job right, everybody got to eat bread around the warm fire. There is so much potential here to do the right thing. We just have to discover exactly how we can manifest a fair future in trade, and let's leave out the moneylenders forever. They aren't necessary on a planet whose culture has surpassed the keeping track of indebtedness to one another. Greed stems from that, not the other way around. We could get rid of all of the lawyers overnight as well. Sorry to have gone on and on, but there is a solution and we are all creative and intelligent enough to come up with answers, and good ones at that. I am going to stop complaining and start being open to the wisdom of how to start the new era of peaceful symbiotic exchange. The animal kingdom seems to remember how to do it...no, wait, never mind, they still eat each other, ha ha! Ideas anyone?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:47 pm

Soros Tells Progressives: Prepare to Bail on Obama now!!

Quoting “several Democratic sources,” the Huffington Post reports that billionaire George Soros may be encouraging his fellow progressives to funnel their money away from President Barack Obama — that is, unless Obama can deliver for their cause.

During a small, “private” meeting of the Democracy Alliance Tuesday afternoon, Soros reportedly told the well-funded, progressive-minded crowd that the Obama administration might not be their best investment:

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/soros-tells-progressives-prepare-to-bail-on-obama/

Soros: Communist China Has ‘Better Functioning Government’ Than the U.S.

In accepting his Globalist of the Year award from the Canadian International Council Monday evening, billionaire and far-left political activist George Soros announced that China‘s grip on the global economy is getting tighter and compared the United States’ recent economic woes to the decline of the United Kingdom following World War II.

Because global economic power is shifting, Soros says China will need to change focus. “China has risen very rapidly by looking out for its own interests,” he said. “They have now got to accept responsibility for world order and the interests of other people as well,” The Globe and Mail reports.

“The Chinese] have now got to accept responsibility for world order and the interests of other people as well,” he said. “Today, China has not only a more vigorous economy, but actually a better functioning government than the United States,” he said, condemning political gridlock on Capitol Hill for stalling U.S. economic reforms.

“The world order as we know it is turning into disorder,” he added. At first “the G20 looked like the new central area of cooperation, and it actually did perform at the initial conference,” he said, “but ever since then opinions have been pulling it apart and in Seoul I think that process was taken a step further.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/soros-communist-china-has-better-functioning-government-than-the-u-s/

Various Blaze videos on numerous topics: http://www.theblaze.com/blog/#post-19804

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:05 pm

The problem is greed linda where people want more then they need. In the western culture we are constantly bombarded by advertising which creates desire to want something whether we need it or not. In truth we have become a nation of consumers. Yet in Zen, the perspective is one of simplification. One just has what is needed which isn't too much as the focus is on spiritual development - developing internal wealth by strengthening ones connection to Divine source. Then we as a populace are also conditioned with respect to scarcity where if we don't get this thing we don't need now then it won't be there just in case we "might" need it in the future.

I think technology has pulled us away from our human roots and more into an intellectual mode of communicating.. just like we are doing now. On one hand this is terrific because how else would we know each other as our sphere of contacts, people whose perspectives are broad and include a more worldly outlook, would be drastically reduced depending upon where we live.

I've been among a number of cultures and even over next to the Berlin wall two weeks before it came down. What I saw is that it didn't really matter what the culture was, families were families everywhere. People love their families and are connected at a heart level around the globe. Yet what is most important (becoming aware and growing in love towards one another is often put on the back burner) is forgotten. We are humankind... one humanity. We all have the same emotions. We all have consciousness and awareness at different levels. We just get hung on on how we do things. Cultural differences are a very important factor to take into consideration and unfortunately way too many of us are completely ignorant of others cultures. Our understanding is limited and misunderstandings are all too common. Indeed, it is a sad sorry state of human affairs that we, our humanity, is lacking where understanding is needed the most.

With respect to Obama's trip to Asia - MEGA FAIL for him on a personal level. There was far more at stake then meets the eye. As an American watching him travel around the globe in the style that he did with all those ships and all that personnell and all of that expense to the American taxpayer... and for him to fail just shows me his judgment is impaired in a signficant way. He would have been better served to be low key and humble. And needing teleprompters to do his speeches is somewhat pathetic for someone who is suppose to be brilliant. What has happened to this man?

With respect to the trade issue this has been brewing since Sadam who wanted to bypass the dollar as well. I really can't say what is going to happen with respect to this but my sense for the present is that people wish to trade in their own currency and not use the US Dollar as the global standard. Basically, the dollar is defunct due to the debt ratio and actual value. The bansters and their ponzi schemes really railroaded everyone who uses the dollar as a base currency.

If I could trust the Chinese (there are no Chinese banks here) I would be buying yuan and dump my dollars too. Instead we bought Dinars. Personally, I would like to see this whole money, currency thing go down the toilet. According to various ET contactees they tell us that this is the only planet that uses money. How can this be? Meaning how can we remain so backwards in a Universe that manages quite well without money.

Last edited by Carol on Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:20 am

lindabaker wrote: Sorry to have gone on and on, but there is a solution and we are all creative and intelligent enough to come up with answers, and good ones at that. I am going to stop complaining and start being open to the wisdom of how to start the new era of peaceful symbiotic exchange. The animal kingdom seems to remember how to do it...no, wait, never mind, they still eat each other, ha ha Ideas anyone?

Let's remember MP3's thread " New economics or no economics " and it's awesome opening post :
    http://www.themistsofavalon.net/worldwide-sustainable-communities-f16/new-economics-or-no-economics-t218.htm

Great insight there .

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks for both the reminder and link mudra. I missed it and will check it out.

TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:14 am

The Stench Of Growing Economic Decay Grows Stronger
    By Paul Craig Roberts
    11-29-10

On Thanksgiving Eve, the English language China Daily and People's Daily Online reported that Russia and China have concluded an agreement to abandon the use of the US dollar in their bilateral trade and to use their own currencies in its place. The Russians and Chinese said that they had taken this step in order to insulate their economies from the risks that have undermined their confidence in the US dollar as world reserve currency.

This is big news, especially for the news dead Thanksgiving holiday period, but I did not see it reported on Bloomberg, CNN,New York Times or anywhere in the US media. The ostrich's head remains in the sand.

Previously, China concluded the same agreement with Brazil.

As China has a large and growing supply of dollars from trade surpluses with which to conduct trade, China is signaling that she prefers Russian rubles and Brazilian reals to more US dollars.

The American financial press finds solace in the episodes when sovereign debt scares in the EU send the dollar up against the euro and UK pound. But these currency movements are just measures of financial players shorting troubled EU-denominated debt. They are not a measure of dollar strength.

The dollar's role as world reserve currency is one of the main instruments of American financial hegemony. We haven't been told how much damage Wall Street fraud has inflicted on EU financial institutions, but the EU countries no longer need the US dollar for trade between themselves as they share a common currency. Once the OPEC countries cease to hold the dollars that they are paid for oil, dollar hegemony will have faded away.

Another instrument of American financial hegemony is the IMF. Whenever a country cannot make good on its debts and pay back the American banks, in steps the IMF with an austerity package that squeezes the country's population with higher taxes and cuts in education, medical and income support programs until the bankers get their money back.

This is now happening to Ireland and is likely to spread to Portugal, Spain, and even to France. After the American-caused financial crisis, the IMF's role as a tool of US imperialism is less and less acceptable. The point could come when governments can no longer sell out their people for the sake of the American banks.

There are other signs that some countries are tiring of America's irresponsible use of power. Turkey's civilian governments have long been under the thumb of the American influenced Turkish military. However, recently the civilian government moved against two top generals and an admiral suspected of involvement in planning a coup. The civilian government further asserted itself when the prime minister announced on Thanksgiving day that Turkey is prepared to react to any Israeli offensive against Lebanon. Here is an American NATO ally freeing itself from American suzerainty exercised through the Turkish military. Who knows, Germany could be next.

Meanwhile in America, the sheeple remain content with, or blind to, their role as sheep to be slaughtered to feed the rich. The Obama administration has managed to come up with a Deficit Commission whose members want to pay for the multi-trillion dollar wars that are enriching the military/security complex and the multi-trillion dollar bailouts of the financial system by reducing annual cost-of-living increases for Social Security, raising the retirement age to 69, ending the mortgage interest deduction, ending the tax deduction for employer-provided health insurance, imposing a 6.5% federal sales tax, while cutting the top tax rate for the rich.

Even the Federal Reserve's low interest rates are aimed at helping the banksters.

The low interest rates deprive retirees and those living on their savings of interest income. The low interest rates have also deprived corporate pensions of funding. To fill the gap corporations are issuing billions of dollars in corporate bonds in order to fund their pensions. Corporate debt is increasing, but not plant and equipment that would produce earnings to service the debt. As the economy worsens, servicing the additional debt will be a problem.

In addition, America's elderly are finding that fewer and fewer doctors will accept them as patients as a 23% cut looms in the already low Medicare payments to doctors. The American government only has resources for wars of aggression and bailouts of rich banksters. The American citizen has become a mere subject to be bled for the ruling oligarchies.

The police state attitude of the TSA toward airline travelers is a clear indication that Americans are no longer citizens with rights but subjects without rights. Perhaps the day will come when oppressed Americans will take to the streets like the French, the Greeks, the Irish, and the British.

Source: http://www.rense.com/general92/stench.htm
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:31 am

Thanks for the link, Mudra, as I had missed it as well. I had come to basically the same place, and have put it into practice already. It is great to read and MP3 was wonderful to write it all down for us. Guys, click on it and read it if you haven't. Then come back to the thread. So, an example: I live in a rural area with 50 percent unemployment, no joke. It may be more than that based on looking at the stats within local families. So, here's what I did: I decided not to "apply for a job" as that language has embedded within it all of the 3d stuff MP3 talked about. It starts with a person in a position of "lack", and the assumption that it is temporary, as in "job." Instead, I volunteered (contribution society vis a vis burning man) at the local alternative style healing center. So, I go in a couple of days a week and do whatever is necessary to keep the clinic running, from answering the phone and making appointments, to washing windows to serving fruit to the people who show up. I don't receive any money. When I need health care for me or my family, it will be there. If you think of it in those terms, nobody owes anybody. It is beyond "need" and "greed." It just is. MP3 and I have both said, the land is here, the seeds are here, and our homes are here. When we can bring free electricity into our farms and homes, everything can be contribution. That is when it will turn. Burning man was and is more than a weekend of entertainment. It was and is the model for how everything and everyone can work it out. It's based on interest, passion, and desire. For those of you who do not remember the language of the 1960's, the Man represented TPTB. Hence, burn the man. I would like to change "burn" to "ignore." Meantime, I still pay my taxes and obey the law. Baby steps.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:48 am

Posted about 1 year ago

China 's gold reserves 1of2 growing by leaps and bounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEC48kL2eNc&feature=related

Chinese govt advise gold buying - why? What is their plan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPXncTuwFIE

China has important Gold reserves and now Silver as well :

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/t1167p15-duncan-roads-thread-on-glp-re-gom-china-terraforming-and-gkwe#28021

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:37 am