tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Survival : the movement for tribal people

mudra
    mudra

Survival : the movement for tribal people  Empty Survival : the movement for tribal people

Post  mudra Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:55 pm

http://www.survivalinternational.org/

Who are we ?

The movement for tribal peoples. Survival is the only organization working for tribal peoples’ rights worldwide.

We work with hundreds of tribal communities and organizations. We are funded almost entirely by concerned members of the public and some foundations. We will not take national government money, because governments are the main violators of tribal peoples’ rights, nor will we take money from companies which might be abusing tribal peoples.

About 250,000 supporters from nearly 100 countries have helped us financially; millions now routinely seek our information, published in seven languages. We never restrict our information or materials only to those who can pay. We want everyone to know about tribal peoples.
    [b]

See map on link below.

Tribes and campaigns : http://www.survivalinternational.org/tribes

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:41 am; edited 5 times in total
    mudra
    mudra

Survival : the movement for tribal people  Empty Re: Survival : the movement for tribal people

Post  mudra Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:59 pm

Kalahari Bushman appeals to African Commission 19 November

Moeti's grandmother Xoroxloo died of thirst!

A Bushman from a settlement deep in Botswana’s Central Kalahari Game Reserve has travelled to the Gambia to ask the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights for help.

Speaking at the African Commission’s international conference earlier this month, Smith Moeti described the Bushmen’s struggle to access water and escape persecution from the Botswana government.

‘The government refuses to provide us with food rations but will not issue us with hunting licences… If we want to eat meat we must hunt without a licence… When we are caught, we are often beaten up by the wildlife scouts’, Moeti told the Commission.

He added, ‘We have been in the Central Kalahari for thousands of years. We do not use guns. As long as we have enough water and food we need very little from the government.’

Survival is calling for a boycott of Botswana tourism and Botswana diamonds, until the persecution of the Bushmen stops and they are treated fairly.

http://www.survivalinternational.org/tribes/bushmen

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Survival : the movement for tribal people  Empty Re: Survival : the movement for tribal people

Post  lawlessline Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:15 pm

Thanks for bring this up. I saw a thing on then when doing stuff on Australia.

I agree with all that is said, but are we not then just making a Human Zoo? The Aboriginals in Australia said they were moving on from the 1970's, the end of their People. Maybe they knew even more than we dare to hope for as yet.

My heart goes out to their cause and do not envy their choice.

t
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 pm

Hi Tom, I wondered if you ever read Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan? It really was excellent and although they now claim it was fiction, I have one of the original books where she said the story was true.

Mutant Message Down Under is the controversial tale of author Marlo Morgan's alleged odyssey in the Australian Outback. It tells of her invitation – or perhaps "abduction" – by an Australian Aboriginal tribe (the Real People) to accompany them on a "Walkabout." Originally published as non-fiction, this book was long ago re-released as a work of fiction. Morgan maintains that the events depicted in the book are, nonetheless, factual and actually occurred.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Post  lawlessline Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:14 am

Carol wrote:Hi Tom, I wondered if you ever read Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan? It really was excellent and although they now claim it was fiction, I have one of the original books where she said the story was true.

Mutant Message Down Under is the controversial tale of author Marlo Morgan's alleged odyssey in the Australian Outback. It tells of her invitation – or perhaps "abduction" – by an Australian Aboriginal tribe (the Real People) to accompany them on a "Walkabout." Originally published as non-fiction, this book was long ago re-released as a work of fiction. Morgan maintains that the events depicted in the book are, nonetheless, factual and actually occurred.

On my list for christmas. Thanks Carol.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:02 am

lawlessline wrote:
    I agree with all that is said, but are we not then just making a Human Zoo?

t

A human Zoo ?Huh ?
    Tom these people live on their own land that they have cared for centuries.
    They are our last ancestral and sacred link to Mother Earth .
    Their wisdom and knowledge of nature is unvaluable .
    Helping them to take a stand for themselves and Mother is making sure they will not be wiped off
    from the face of Earth which to me means we will have cut off our roots then.
    With the help of the Survival association some of these natives won against corporation:
    http://www.survivalinternational.org/news/6385.

That just shows that if native people can defend themselves against Corporation abuse
    we can as well.

Love from me
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:04 am

Carol wrote:Hi Tom, I wondered if you ever read Mutant Message Down Under by Marlo Morgan?

Excellent read .
    You will enjoy it Tom Cheerful

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:42 am