tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

New to the site

Llamrei
    Llamrei

New to the site Empty New to the site

Post  Llamrei Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:39 am

Hello, I am a new member. Found this place while googling the Clif High webbot report, and decided to register because I like the atmosphere here. I am a homemaker and a home schooling mom, small gardener, keeper of chickens and bees. Beachcombing is a hobby; kayaking and camping are family activities for us. I am currently learning about canning. Wish I could turn back time, when my granny tried to teach me about food preservation (among other things).
    My husband is a scientist. We've been together for 15+ years. I met him at the campus pub at the University of Florida. Bought him a beer, and he was hooked I love you
    Like many others, we are doing the best we can for our family. I suppose we are trying to become more self-sufficient, though that hardly seems surprisng these days. As for the webbot report which brought me here, I consider it informative, but not etched in stone truth. Current trends determine future events, as the saying goes, and it is good to see what the trends point toward. There is more to it, I am sure, than we simple humans are aware of. Guess I'll just leave it at that.

Well, I've been sitting here and looking out at the day and telling you about me, and now the entire morning is practically gone. Time for a reload of java, then we'll hit the books. Mondays are like trying to jump start a locomotive in my house... slow, slow, slow. Gotta get moving now. Thank you for reading. I hope to get to know you all better in the days and weeks to come.

sunny
    mudra
    mudra

New to the site Empty Re: New to the site

Post  mudra Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:55 am

Lovely to see you LIamrei.
    Make yourself comfortable and enjoy your stay amongst us.
    Congratulations on working your way to a more self sustaining
    way of life . I believe we should all aim in that direction .
    I am far behind on this but you'll find others here as Carol who
    are already well set in the groove.

Love from me
    mudra
    gscraig
    gscraig

Post  gscraig Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:05 pm

Welcome aboard.

Glad that you found your way here Llamrei.
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:06 am

Welcome Home Llamrei...

Wink

Beekeeper eh ?

You and Carol are going to get along famously...

If I can be of any assistance - Just let Me know...

sunny

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:34 am

Welcome Llamrei. I'm delighted you found us. I too am into gardening and studied bee-keeping. I had planned on getting a couple of hives eaerlier in the year and then had to leave to take care of my mum for a bit so will get back to it next year.

We have a lot of info on self-sufficiency as that is something many of us are interested in. If you have any question please feel free to ask.

Aloha, Carol

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:41 am