tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+3
Swanny
Carol
Pris
7 posters

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

mudra
    mudra

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 Empty Re: The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

Post  mudra Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:35 am

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 35f38710

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 Aee34b10
    mudra
    mudra

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 Empty Re: The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book

Post  mudra Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:44 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:33 am

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 8d0ee710

Seth on Optimism

Seth: "This optimism is reflected in many other areas of life also.

Many birds in their fantastic migrations demonstrate an amazing optimism, traveling thousands of miles to distant shores, almost literally flying by faith, as it were, ignoring all dangers, unbeseiged by doubts. There is no hesitancy but the sure flight. Birds do not question whether or not the weather will be favorable, the winds fair or foul. They simply fly toward their destination. Even if some birds do fall or die, this in no way impedes or undermines the faith of the others.

Monarch butterflies, in their remarkable migrations, often fly toward land that they have never seen themselves. And yet, they reach their destination.

In all such cases, there is an inbred biological faith, that courage and vitality, that biological optimism. It acts the same in people, triggering the necessary bodily responses. Only when that optimism is severely tampered with do the physical mechanisms falter. Even then, however, all creatures are sustained by that innate gift, that inner sense of security that not only propels creatures toward life, but safely conducts them past physical life and past death's doorway."

January 31, 1984 The Way Toward Health
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:07 pm

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 677ec910

"You create many of your own difficulties, if not all of them. This is true for all individuals. The inner psychological state is projected outward, gaining physical reality. This holds true regardless of the nature of that inner psychological state. The way that this is done has been discussed often and is on record in the material. I suggest you read it. The rules apply to everyone. You can use this for your own benefit and change your conditions, once you realize what the rules are.

You cannot escape your own attitudes, for they will form the nature of what you see. Quite literally, you see what you want to see, and you see your own thoughts, your own emotional attitudes, materialized in physical form. If changes are to occur, they must be physical and psychic changes. These will be reflected in your physical environment. Negative, distrustful, fearful, or degrading attitudes toward anyone work against the self and against the individuals involved. Now if you would change an individual, change your thoughts toward him, and changes will appear in the sense data world.

...If, on the other hand, thinking of him under the same conditions, you stop yourself and say gently to yourself: he will begin to feel better now—or his drinking is temporary—and there is indeed hope here, then you have given him aid, for the suggestions will at least represent some small telepathic ammunition to fight off the war of despondency.

There are obviously ways in which you can mold your own conditions, protect yourself from your own negative suggestions and those given to you by others. You must immediately erase a negative thought or picture by replacing it with its opposite.

...You have been examining others, rather than examining the self. What you see of others is the materialization of what you think, subconsciously, that you are: not necessarily what you are. For example: if others seem deceitful to you it is because you deceive yourself and then project this outward onto others.

These are simply examples now. If an individual sees only evil and desolation in the physical world, it is because he is obsessed with evil and desolation and projects them outward and closes his eyes to all else. If you want to know what you think of yourself, then ask yourself what you think of others, and you will find your answer.

...True self-knowledge is indispensable for health or vitality, and this means in every instance. The recognition of the truth about the self means that you must first discover what you think about yourself subconsciously. If this is a good image, build upon it. If it is a poor one, recognize it as simply the opinion of the subconscious and not as a definite truth."

—TES8 Session 340 May 10, 1967

THEeXchanger likes this post

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:09 am

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 Dd0f1710

"You must all remember questions you had when children. And, you must never stop asking questions. You must ask yourself where I came from and what my presence has to do with you.
    I have been where you are. I have been young and old. As I have existed, you shall exist. You must develop your abilities now.
    I know about all of you. It is because you want to know that I am here. There are many truths you know that you are not aware of. Be still and listen to your inner voice. You are too busy with exterior things.
    If there is one thing only I could tell you, it would be this. Be still. Listen, listen to the voices within you that you have not listened to.
    You have lived many lives. Some of you will live more lives in this reality.
    You have gained much wisdom. But, you do not listen.
    I am here. And, because I am here, I tell you that your own inner self does continue to exist. And, as I teach others now, so shall you also be witnesses of the existence of All-That-Is.
    You must face yourself now. You can not afford to play overlong, to hide yourself in trivia, to become so busy that you can not hear the truth that shouts within you.
    I know what the transition is like. And, I tell you it is pleasant. But, your responsibilities will still exist. And, you will ask yourself how you have fulfilled them. You must know yourself if you would help others. You must look inward and listen."

Seth, ESP class Seth, December 26, 1967
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:40 pm

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 Ff7a5c10

Inner and Outer senses

"It is extremely difficult to go into detail concerning the inner senses, simply because they are uncamouflaged. I do hope to go into detail however, now or later. In some respects the inner senses can be compared to channels on your plane. When continuity is taken into consideration however then the analogy is a poor one, since the word channel seems to imply a more or less permanent opening, and this is not true. One of the marvels of your outer senses is their reach. They actually carry you further ahead, in distance for example, than your physical body may be at any particular time.

The sense of sight, mostly concentrated in your eyes, remains fixed in a permanent position on your physical body. This is of course true. Without moving away from the physical body the eyes see something that may be far in the distance. In the same manner the ears hear sounds that are distant from the body. In fact, and this is a rather important point, the ears ordinarily hear sounds outside the body more readily than sounds inside the body itself. Since the ears are in the body more or less, and of it, it would be logical for an open-minded observer to suppose that the ears would be well attuned to the inner sounds to a high degree. This as you know is not the case.

Your eyes, while belonging to the body, cannot see within the body. The ears can be trained to some degree by neurotic individuals into a sound awareness pertaining to the body itself. Breathing for example can be magnified to an almost frightening degree when one concentrates upon listening to his own breath. But as a rule the ears neither listen to nor hear the inner sounds of the body.

The sense of smell also seems to leap forward. A man can smell quite a stink, even though it is not right under his nose. The sense of touch, as you are consciously familiar with it, does not seem to leap out in this manner. Unless the hand itself presses upon a surface in some manner then you do not feel that you have touched it. Touch usually involves contact of a direct sort. You can of course feel the invisible wind against your cheek, but touch involves an immediacy different from the distant perceptions of sight and smell.

I am sure that you realize these points yourself. I do after all, and regardless of what you may think, credit you both with a certain sense of intelligence and imagination.

This difference in immediacy is rather important for our consideration of the inner senses. This is also why I mentioned that the ears and the eyes, while connected with the body, are directed outward. They bring data to the body but very seldom do they collect data from the body. I am beginning to get into some material that is relatively difficult to explain, considering that I must take all of your camouflage patterns into consideration.

As I have said, the outer senses deal mainly and as far as I know exclusively with camouflage pattern. The inner senses, my dear Joseph, are senses which deal with realities beneath camouflage patterns, and which carry data of these realities, these inner realities, to the body. These inner senses therefore are thoroughly capable of seeing the inside of the body, in a way that the outer eyes cannot.

As the outer senses of sight, sound and smell appear to reach outward, bringing data to the physical body from an outside observable camouflage pattern, so the inside senses seem to extend far inward, bringing important inner reality data to the physical body. There is also a transforming process here much like the moment that we have spoken of in the creation of a painting.

The physical body is a camouflage pattern operating in a larger camouflage pattern. But the physical body and all camouflage patterns, looked at in another manner, are also transformers of the vital inner stuff of the universe, where this vitality is then enabled to operate under new and various conditions.

I suggest that you take a short break, while I consider the most auspicious manner in which to go ahead with this material. I have been ready to speak further on the inner senses for some time now. Go ahead, take your break.

[... 1 paragraph ...]

The inner senses deliver data from the inner world of reality to the body. The outer senses deliver data from the outside world of camouflage to the body. However, the inner senses are aware of the body’s own physical data at all times, while the outer senses are concerned with the body mainly in its relationship to camouflage environment. In other words the inner senses have an immediate, constant knowledge of the body in a way that the outer senses do not.

The material is delivered to the body, as I have said, from the inner world by means of these inner senses. This inner reality data is received by the mind. This is extremely important. The mind, being uncamouflaged, is the receiving station for the data brought to it by the inner senses. What you almost have here is an inner nervous and communication system closely resembling the outer systems with which you are familiar.

I risk repeating myself, but I want these steps to be plain. This vital data is sent to the mind by the inner senses. Any material that is important for the body’s contact with outer camouflage patterns is given to the brain. The subconscious, so-called, is a connective between mind and brain, between the inner senses and the outer senses. It is actually partly on your plane and partly on other planes. Portions of it do deal with camouflage patterns, with the personal past of the present personality, with racial camouflage memories; and the greater portion belongs to the inner world, and as data comes into it from the inner world, so can it reach far into the inner world itself.

You must remember here that time is part of the camouflage pattern. Now the outer sense of sight would seem to confound space, and seemingly conquer a portion of distance by using your eyes. That is, you do not necessarily have to walk a short distance in order to see what is in the particular space involved.

So the inner senses and the subconscious can do the same thing as far as inner space, and what you would call inner time, is concerned. But this is not amazing, far from it. It only seems strange because you are so familiar with your precious camouflage patterns. Time and space, dear friends, are both camouflage patterns, therefore the fact that the inner senses can conquer time and space is not, after all, so surprising. To the mind with its subconscious, and to the inner senses, there is no time and space, and therefore to them nothing is conquered. The camouflage is simply not present.

When I speak of the subconscious in this manner, I speak of course of that larger portion which deals with the inner realities. I want to give you more detailed information about the inner realities themselves. Actually they do not parallel the outer senses, and this will sound appalling to you I’m afraid, simply because there is nothing to be seen, smelled, heard or touched in the manner in which you are accustomed. This is extremely hard to explain, since I do not want to give you the idea that existence without your particular set of camouflage patterns is bland and innocuous, because this is not the case.

The inner senses have a strong immediacy, a delicious intensity that your outer senses lack. There is no lapse of time in perception, since there is no time.

[... 3 paragraphs ...]

The designations spirit, and medium and so forth, are ridiculous to begin with. You are simply using inner senses. These senses are not magical, they certainly are not religious in any sense of the word, and I am not some degenerating secondary personality of Ruburt’s. Nor will I be compared with some long-bearded, beady-eyed spirit sitting on cloud nine.

It is true that I have lived as a human being, but this is simply a fact. This meeting and our other meetings are not seances, and your experiments with your friend Mark are not seances, according to the implications usually given. So-called seances, when they are legitimate, are simply exercises in the use of the inner senses.

[... 1 paragraph ...]

Superstition breeds superstition. As far as Jane’s or Ruburt’s subconscious is concerned, I make contact with you through both of your subconsciousnesses (Jane’s pronunciation); but through that larger portion which actually exists between planes, which is the property of the mind, not the brain, and which deals with the inner senses. I have absolutely nothing to do with that portion of the subconscious which is involved with your personal memories or present personality makeup."

—TES1 Session 20 January 29, 1964

Read on: https://findingseth.com/q/session:'20+January+29+1964'+Inner+senses
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:28 pm

Inner senses - Outer senses

Seth: "The outer senses do not deal with direct perception of reality. The outer senses themselves are camouflage patterns, part of the necessary and essential physical body camouflage. They, the outer senses, are perceptors of camouflage patterns. They were developed on your level, to deal with your world. They are useless outside of your world. They are useless in themselves as far as enabling you to perceive inner reality. This is not their function.
    The inner senses belong to you as inhabitors of a spontaneous inner reality universe. They, the inner senses, are your regardless of the particular camouflage plane you might inhabit at any given instance. Only by using the inner senses can you perceive while on your plane the inner reality of which it is part.
    I have mentioned earlier the peculiar problems of your scientists as with tools and instruments they attempt to reduce reality to their terms. Any instruments made on your plane are like your outer senses, constructed to perceive camouflage patterns. The instruments of the scientists, and the outer senses themselves, are camouflage patterns and cannot, and never will, dissect themselves.
    Ideas and use of the inner senses can form a shaft of understanding through camouflage pattern, by which you will receive a dismally small burst of light; but even that is extremely important.
    [...]

The fact remains that the inner senses are equipped to let you perceive inner reality. You can use them; and for Philip’s information the evidence of the inner senses is immediate, and vivid, and direct — much more vivid, Philip, than for example your camouflage experience of the color red. [...]
    You do not even perceive camouflage reality with your outer senses with any dependability. Telepathy, which belongs to the inner senses, is used constantly. Without it your languages would be meaningless. The inner senses, Philip, experience direct data instantaneously.
    The table, and I’m afraid this is somewhat review, Joseph, the table as you know is not solid. Your scientists know this. Your outer senses lie when they experience the table as solid. You know this. The inner senses are not so deceived, and never have been. The inner senses experience directly the reality of which your matter is composed.

[...]
    You are always receiving data from the inner senses. It is sifted through the subconscious, and when you receive it directly, or more or less directly for the first time, it can be frightening merely because of the unfamiliarity, and because of the unusual vividness. This is why I have said that the inner senses present their own evidence.
    [...]

Philip, earlier, mentioned hypnosis. Existence on your plane or any other plane is merely self-hypnosis. As far as an analogy is concerned, this one is very nearly perfect. Your existence, and mine for that matter, on any particular level is predetermined by complete concentration or focus of inner selves upon the particular universe in question. And your camouflage patterns can most aptly be compared to the hallucinary effects created by the hypnotist upon his subject.
    Only in this case the hallucinary effects are actual constructions upon the plane in question, and involve problems that must be worked out. The hallucinations appear more or less consistent merely because everyone on that particular level is under the effects of self-hypnosis, and because they have already constructed hallucinary senses, the outer senses, in order to perceive the hallucinary world that they have created.
    [...]

The inner senses try desperately to make their knowledge plain to the individual. It is communicated through what you call hunch or intuition. It represents actual knowledge of a definite and unerasable reality.
    [...]

The manipulation of camouflage material depends to a large degree upon the outside ego’s confidence, and the outside ego’s confidence is only strong when it follows the inner ego’s pattern."

—TES1 Session 37 March 23, 1964
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:02 pm

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 Signature_fountain_pen_ivory--70079

The Pen

...a small example of the use of the wrong method

Rob: "(9:50. During break I made several remarks about the poor quality of the pen I was trying to take notes with, and of our difficulties lately finding the brand pen we had been used to using, and which worked so well. I intended to add more to my remarks, but Seth broke in at 9:58.)

Now. By such a statement you effectively make sure that you will not find the pen you want, and it is a small example of the use of the wrong method.

(“I expect to find one in another store, though.” This is what I had intended adding to my statements.)

The remark that you just made was the kind of a remark that put an impediment between the desired end and...

(Here the pace was too fast for a couple of sentences. Here, again, Seth refers to my remarks at break.)

Instead, you should see the pen you want in your mind, know that you will have a steady supply of them, recognize the statement you just made as leading away from your desire, and replacing it with a statement like the one you just made.

“I know I will find a store that carries the type of pen I desire.” This is a small illustration but a good one. You should study it, for it applies to everything, and any desire. You have within you a readymade method of achieving desire: positive visualization, positive imagination, and confidence.

Negative visualization, negative imagination, and the feeling that the result will not be achieved, leads to the opposite of your desire. There is no other way, nor answer. To affirm is to receive. To deny is to lose."

Session 478 (Deleted)

April 28, 1969 9:05 Pm Monday

© L. Davies Butts
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:28 am

Seth on the symbolism of Adam and Eve and Satan

Seth: "Now give us a moment. . . Dictation: The serpent is the symbol of the deepest knowledge within creaturehood; it also contains the impetus to rise above or beyond itself in certain respects. Eve, rather than Adam, for example, eats of the apple first because it was the intuitive elements of the race, portrayed in the story as female, that would bring about this initiation; only afterward could the ego, symbolized by Adam, attain its new birth and its necessary alienation. The tree of knowledge, then, did indeed offer its fruits — and "good and bad" — because this was the first time there were any kinds of choices available, and free will.

There were other tales, some that have not come down to you, in which Adam and Eve were created together, and in a dream fell apart into the separate male and female. In your particular legend Adam appears first. The woman being created from his rib symbolized the necessary emergence, even from the new creature, of the intuitive forces that will always come forth — for without that development the race would not have attained self-consciousness in your terms.

Good and evil then simply represented the birth of choices, initially in terms of survival, where earlier instinct alone had provided all that was needed. In deeper terms, there is still another meaning that mirrors all of those apparent divisions that occur as All That Is seemingly separates portions of itself from itself, scattering its omnipotence into new patterns of being that, in your terms, remember their source and look back to it longingly, while still glorying in the unique individually that is their own.

(10:06. Jane was very intent in her delivery.) The story of the fall, the rebellious angels, and the leader Satan who becomes the devil — all of this refers to the same phenomena on a different level. Satan represents — in the terms of the story — the part of All That Is, or God, who stepped outside of Himself, so to speak, and became earthbound with His creatures, offering them the free will and choice that "previously" had not been available.

(Pause.) Hence you have the majestic elements given to Satan, and the power. The earthly characteristics often appear as he is depicted in animal form, for he was also of course connected with the intuitive terrestrial attributes from which the new human consciousness would spring.

In terms of simple biological function, you now had a species no longer completely dependent upon instinct, yet still with all the natural built-in desires for survival, and the appearance within it of a mind able to make decisions and distinctions.

You may take your break.

(10:16 to 10:30.)

Now: This new kind of consciousness brought with it the open mirror of memory in which past joy and pain could be recalled, and so the realization of mortal death became more immediate than it was with the animals.

An association could trigger the clear memory of a past agony in the bewildered new mind. At first, there was a difficulty in separating the remembered image from the moment in the present. Man's mind then struggled to contain many images — past, present, and future imagined ones — and was forced to correlate these in any given moment of time.

A vast acceleration took place.

It was only natural that certain experiences would seem better than others, but the species' new abilities made it necessary that sharp distinctions be made. Good and evil, the desirable and the less so, were invaluable aids then in helping form the basis for such separations."

Session 647, The Nature of Personal Reality

© L. Davies Butts
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:55 pm

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 F0c14110

“Your human stock did not all originate solely from your planet. I never told you that it did. In that respect your ancestry is indeed varied. Some of the information given in my own book, by inference, should have made that clear.

Evolution, as it is thought of, had many different aspects in those terms. There were three or four beginning points. Do you follow me?

There were then visits from others in other planetary systems. In that regard this is quite natural. Your own relative isolation is far from the average. The legends, many of them therefore, were of course chronicles of quite legitimate physical events, describing phenomena for example for which natives had no adequate vocabulary. They were forced to describe what they saw by making comparisons with objects and events already familiar to them.

Some such visitors in your terms were more evolved than others. All however would appear as superhuman in contrast to those civilizations that encountered them. There were some deliberate experiments that were in fact far more dangerous to the experimenters, always in which the experimenters tried in one way or another to advance man’s knowledge.

It is not nearly as simple as that, however. There is not a one-line development. By the time that feasible intersystem space travel is practical, the psychic abilities are developed to a very high degree. One is necessary for the other. Therefore, it became much more feasible to approach earthmen during their dream state, when their natural fear reactions were somewhat minimized, and where the danger to the visitors was far less.

Out-of-body encounters were used as matter of course. The visitor could appear and disappear then without fear of pursuit. Civilizations were often warned in advance of natural disasters that were apparent to the visitors with their greater viewpoint.

Such warnings were either given in the dream state of the earthmen, for the reasons given, or often in some secluded place, for often the visitors would be attacked. During these eras in your terms, the speakers often acted as go-betweens. Often warnings of disaster were not followed. Some warnings were misunderstood, then, as punishment by the gods for “moral misdoing.”

The whole moral code idea was originally tailored for the current scene as it was encountered, told in terms that the natives could understand.

– ‘The Personal Sessions’, Book Two, Session 604, Page 54-55.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:35 pm

"There is no such thing as evil, except for the phantoms which man has made. He sees hate in his own heart, what he calls hate, which is but fear, so he projects it into another man’s face and says the man hates him; and he may slay the man. But the hate never existed, that is, what mankind thinks of as hate never existed.

Hate is unreasoning fear. Fear is caused by lack of understanding, by a lack of value fulfillment. Hate is that which is not love. Love is fulfilled, or fulfilling, value fulfillment. It is action that knows itself, and that glorifies in its parts, that is separated to know itself, and in knowing itself is no longer separated.

...If all men could learn to love, in terms of which I have spoken, then there would be no need for any kind of punishment within your field, and the word would vanish from your vocabulary. The subconscious is not the cause or the carrier of hatreds."

—TES3 Session 145 April 12, 1965

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 32a21c10
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:04 am

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 52efec10

If you believe that a leaf is a piece of physical matter without consciousness, without glory, then you will learn nothing from it.

Seth: "You will find All-That-Is also within a leaf and within a flower. But, only when you try to understand what a leaf and a flower are. If you believe that a leaf is a piece of physical matter without consciousness, without glory, then you will learn nothing from it. But, if you realize that a leaf is a portion of All-That-Is then you will realize what communion is."

ESP 1970.05.05 (EC2)
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:56 am

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 8e154210

"Plants will react quite sharply to an abortion. The fetus however will also react to the death of an animal in the family, and will already be acquainted with the unconscious psychic relationships within the family, long before it reaches the sixth month.

The plants in a room, or in a house, are quite aware of the growing fetus; the plants will also pick up the fact that a member of a family is ill, often in advance of physical symptoms. They are that sensitive to the consciousness within cellular structure. Plants will know whether a fetus is male or female, even if the mother does not."

—TES9 Session 504 September 29, 1969
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:16 am

Seth Classic: Natural Hypnosis Exercise 💜🌈💙

In those areas in which you are dissatisfied, you feel that you are powerless, or that your will is paralyzed, or that conditions continue despite what you think of as your intent. Yet if you pay attention to your own quite conscious thoughts, you will find that you are concentrating upon precisely those negative aspects that so appall you. You are hypnotizing yourself quite effectively and so reinforcing the situation. You may say, horrified, ‘What can I do? I am hypnotizing myself into my overweight condition (or my loneliness, or my poor health).’ Yet in other facets of your life you may be hypnotizing yourself into wealth, accomplishment, satisfaction - and here you do not complain. The same issues are involved. The same principles are operating. In those positive life situations you are certain of your initiative. There is no doubt. Your beliefs become reality.

In the unsatisfactory aspects, you must understand this: there is also no doubt. You are utterly convinced that you are sick, or poor, or lonely, or spiritually opaque, or unhappy.

The results, then, as easily and effortlessly follow. Natural hypnosis, in the terms given here, operates as well in one case as in the other.

What should you do, then? First of all, you must realize that you are the hypnotist. You must seize the initiative here as you have in other positive aspects of your life. Whatever the superficial reasons for your beliefs, you must say:

For a certain amount of time I will momentarily suspend what I believe in this area, and willfully accept the belief I want. I will pretend that I am under hypnosis, with myself as hypnotist and subject. For that time desire and belief will be one. There will be no conflict because I do this willingly. For this period I will completely alter my old beliefs. Even though I sit quietly, in my mind I will act as if the belief I want were mine completely.

At this point do not think of the future, but only of the present. If you are overweight, insert the weight that you think is ideal for you while you are following this exercise. Imagine that you are healthy if you have the belief that you are not. If you are lonely, believe that you are filled with the feeling of companionship instead. Realize that you are exerting your initiative to imagine such situations. Here there can be no comparison with your normal situation. Use visual data, or words - whatever is most natural to you. And again, no more than ten minutes is required.

If you do this faithfully, within a month you will find the new conditions materializing in your experience. Your neurological structure will respond automatically. The unconscious will be aroused, bringing its great powers to bear, bringing you the new results. Do not try to overdo this, to go through the entire day worrying about beliefs, for example. This can only cause you to contrast what you have with what you want. Forget the exercise when it is completed. You will find yourself with impulses that arrive in line with these newly inserted beliefs, and then it is up to you to act on these and not ignore them.

The initiative must be yours. You will never know unless you try the exercise. Now if you are in poor health, and have a physician, you had better continue going to him, because you still rely on that system of belief - but use these exercises as supplements to build up your own sense of inner health, and to protect you against any negative suggestions given by your doctor. Utilize the belief in physicians since you have it.

THE NATURE OF PERSONAL REALITY,
    By JANE ROBERTS, Session 658
    Copyright © 1974 Jane Roberts
    Copyright © 1994 Robert F. Butts
    Copyright © 2011 Laurel Davies-Butts

Bagheera likes this post

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:06 am

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 8f733210

Physical time is like a delightful flowing gown that clothes psychological time with many different colors and materials and designs.
    Your physical time of seasons and tides and night and day is to me one of your most delightful camouflages. And, if Ruburt will excuse my clumsy attempt at being poetical, I will say that physical time is like a delightful flowing gown that clothes psychological time with many different colors and materials and designs. It is a most faithful reproduction of psychological time and one of your truest camouflages.

This is why psychological time seems to flow so easily when physical time is pursued and watched by a quiet "I". The one leads to the other and the camouflage is loose enough to let the inner form shine through. A proper use of psychological time will not only lead you into the inner world but will also prevent you from being rushed in the physical world. Within it, that is, within the framework of psychological time, you will discover a quiet and cool peacefulness. I tell you both this for your benefit, because both of you will gain much in the utilization of these added benefits.

Psychological time adds duration. You will find something else here. From the framework of psychological time you will see that clock time is as dreamlike and fleeting as you once thought inner time was. And, you will discover that inner time is as much a reality as you once thought outer time was. You will discover your whole selves in other worlds, peeping inward and outward at the same time and finding that all time is one time and that all divisions are illusion.

And, don't say I haven't led you on a merry chase tonight, for when you reread the material, you will see that I have. I can not stress too strongly the benefits you will receive by using psychological time as I have told you. You know now what it is and how to use it to advantage. Not only will it help the physical and mental being on your plane but it will enable you to meet the whole self.

The one point I would like to make, first, is this: Conscious fear is usually the main hindrance as far as data from the inner senses is concerned. Therefore, a realization that these senses belong to you and are quite natural will help you avoid the otherwise unavoidable, almost automatic closing off of such data by the consciousness.

TES 4 152
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:31 pm

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 Blog-featured-image-Canadian-geese
    Canadian geese 😊

"Many birds in their fantastic migrations demonstrate an amazing optimism, traveling thousands of miles to distant shores, almost literally flying by faith, as it were, ignoring all dangers, unbeseiged by doubts. There is no hesitancy, but the sure flight. Birds do not question whether or not the weather will be favorable, the winds fair or foul. They simply fly toward their destination. Even if some birds do fall or die, this in no way impedes or undermines the faith of the others.

"Monarch butterflies, in their remarkable migrations, often fly toward land that they have never seen themselves — and yet they reach their destination."

"In all such cases there is an inbred biological faith, that courage and vitality, that biological optimism. It acts the same in people, triggering the necessary bodily responses. Only when that optimism is severely tampered with do the physical mechanisms falter. Even then, however, all creatures are sustained by that innate gift, that inner sense of security that not only propels creatures toward life, but safely conducts them past physical life and past death’s doorway."

—WTH Chapter 2: January 31, 1984
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:48 am

Found on the Seth materials fb group.🙏

"You cannot help yourself and you cannot help your species by identifying with your own weakness, or with the weakness of your species,” he told us. “When you are safe, you are safe, and you are in a position of strength and you can be in a position of tranquillity. Then you have the energy and the exuberance to think and feel clearly, and to help others. “When you are in a position of safety, you do not help by pretending that you are not safe, or by taking upon yourself the agony of others. Your reality, when you are safe, is a reality of security. From that framework you have strength, validity, grace, exuberance—additional energy that you can send out to touch the hearts and the realities of other people. 2 “If you become so frightened of realities that are not your own, if you take upon yourselves tragedies that do not exist in your reality, in your moment, then you weaken your position and you weaken the position of those you think you are helping. You look about you and you see only hopelessness and helplessness. You organize your reality according to the tragedies of the newspapers!” My own journalistic ears perked up. This was a question that I'd often agonized over, even as the co-editor of a small weekly newspaper: What was the effect on the reading populace of reporting tragedy after tragedy, myriad bunglings of local government, disastrous environmental mishaps, and all the other endless mires of bad news? What were my responsibilities as a reporter who was at least aware of the nature of suggestion and beliefs? Should I try to root out injustice, expose it, give people grounds to protest? Or should I somehow “make” all the news optimistic, even when (on the small weekly scale) it wasn't?

“The tragedies of the newspapers are symbols,” Seth continued, as if in answer. “Those symbols represent ‘real’ tragedies, but those tragedies do not exist in your moment unless you are participating in them. Those who are involved in such tragedies feel a sense of hopelessness and the loss of power in the present—and you do not help them by taking on the guise of hopelessness! “What I am saying this evening is indeed simplified… but you must operate from strength, not from weakness. When you stand upon a firm shore, you can extend your arm to the man who is in quicksand. You cannot help him by leaping into the quicksand with him, for surely both of you will go down. And he will not thank you!” “Then we're doing that as a nation?” Warren asked. “Individually. As you read your paper, as you watch your television,” Seth replied, “whenever you look around you and say, ‘Other men are fools’; whenever you look around you and say, ‘The race is ruining itself—it is insane,’ you are doing the same thing—you are jumping into the quicksand, and you cannot help. “Organize your reality according to your strength; organize your reality according to your playfulness; according to your dreams; according to your joy; according to your hopes—and then you can help those who organize their reality according to their fears.”

Sue Watkins - Conversations with Seth, Vol 2, chapter 8
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:06 pm

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 Baac5d10

“Now, I've told you often that there are no limitations to the self, but when you begin to approach the feeling of no limitations, you become frightened, and in a frenzy you try to find your self and define it - and to discover the point (to Rich) at which you emerge into physical reality.

There are no limitations, and there are no boundaries to the self - only those that you adopt, in your terms, at any given time. I did not say there was no identity - I said there were no boundaries to the self. There is no place or time where your self ends - there is no probable reality in which you do not exist - in which you do not exist.

There are no limitations to what you are. You can form limitations if you want. They will seem to content you. You can put up a fence around yourself and say, "I am here and now, and in no other place, and in no other time," if you are afraid of the idea of your own inner divinity, and of the infinity of your own existence. You can pretend that you exist only within your corporeal image. You can hide within the minutes and the hours and the years, and see no further, if you want. But only the tiny portion of you that is frightened is so fooled by the game that you are playing with yourself - that is the answer to one of your questions. The other portions of you merrily go about enjoying their own reality. And you enjoy the game that you are playing - and there is nothing wrong with games!"

ESP Class, September 19, 1972, Unpublished
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:35 am

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 9abf7810

"When you think that perhaps your species came from another planetary system, in time terms, then of course you are still dealing with old concepts. In your usual terms of thinking, THE EARTH DOES NOT EXIST AT ALL (emphatically)—not if you are considering it as a chunk of matter occupying a certain position in a physical cosmos.

“It is REALLY futile to question whether the universe came from a BIG BOOM (again emphatically, humorously), or is constantly expanding—though in those terms I have said it continually expands, as an idea or a dream does). I am not saying the universe does not exist—only that it does not exist in the WAY that it seems to you.

"By itself (with a smile, almost an outright laugh): The truth of the matter is far more spectacular. All That Is creates its reality as it goes along.”

The “Unknown” Reality, Vol. 2, Notes, Session 742
    (originally underlined words in caps)
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Nov 02, 2022 1:21 am

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 Aa94be10

Oversoul 7:

" . . . your life is charmed. And there is a secret, a very simple one. Really, it's not a secret. But you have to remember that your life is charmed. People who forget can't use their magic nearly as well as they did before, and they have a tendency to get angry at those who can. So, often, they pretend that no magic exists at all. Then they evolve great philosophies to prove it, which is itself magical, of course. But they can't see that, because they're so convinced that magic doesn't exist.

. . . many people forget how simple and natural magic is, so they evolve long theories, and methods that are supposed to make it work, when you and I know, and everyone else really knows, that magic happens by itself, because that's what magic is.

There isn't much basic difference between muttering a lot of different phrases or drawing magic circles to protect yourself against illness, and taking handfuls of pills given to you by doctors. Both methods work if you believe in them, though the practitioners of one method will never agree that the other way works at all, of course. And unfortunately, neither side really understands magic, which is behind all of the spell and methods and formulas.

Spells work if you believe in them; only you don't need spells at all.

Everything happens by itself. You happen by yourself, so does the world. And the principle behind all is magic. And magic is the beingness within and behind all things.”

Oversoul Seven, by Jane Roberts
    © Laurel Davies Butts, All Rights Reserved.

🕊 Special thanks to Lynda English
    #tsethereismuchrightwiththeworld
    Art: “Igson”
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:39 am

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 736d0210

Seth on The Dream World:

In your terms of time, however, we will speak of a beginning, and in that beginning it was early man's dreams that allowed him to cope with physical reality. The dream world was his original learning ground. In times of drought he would dream of the location of water. In times of famine he would dream of the location of food. That is, his dreaming allowed him to clairvoyantly view the body of land. He would not waste time in the trial-and-error procedures that you now take for granted. In dreams his consciousness operated as a wave.

In those early times all species shared their dreams in a way that is now quite unconscious for your kind, so that in dreams man inquired of the animals also long before he learned to follow the animal tracks, for example. Where is there food or water? What is the lay of the land? Man explored the planet because his dreams told him that the land was there.

People were not nearly as isolated as it now appears, for in their dreams early men communicated their various locations, the symbols of their cultures and understanding, the nature of their arts. All of the inventions that you often think now happened quite by chance the discovery of anything from the first tool to the importance of fire, or the coming of the Iron Age or whatever all of that inventiveness was the result of the inspiration and communication of the dream world. Man dreamed his world and then created it, and the units of consciousness first dreamed man and all of the other species that you know.

There is a point here that I want to emphasize before we go too far, and it is this: The dream world is not an aimless, nonlogical, unintellectual field of activity. It is only that your own perspective closes out much of its vast reality, for the dreaming intellect can put your computers to shame. I am not, therefore, putting the intellectual capacities in the background but I am saying that they emerge as you know them because of the dreaming self's uninterrupted use of the full power of the united intellect and intuitions. The intellectual abilities as you know them (pause) cannot compare to those greater capacities that are a part of your own inner reality.

Seth (Jane Roberts), 'Dreams, Evolution, and Value Fulfillment', Volume One. Session 889.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:20 pm

Seth: "The visions of reality that are your own can be seen by no other. The journey into consciousness and reality that can be perceived by you can be perceived by no other. "

The Nature of Personal Reality- A Seth Book - Page 5 553da710

Seth: "No one, Ruburt or myself, can have the experiences that you can have with your own consciousness. No one can learn to manipulate physical reality in the way that you can or understand the nature of their own consciousness in the way that you can. You have a unique experience ahead of you that is yours and can exist for no other consciousness in the universe. This is your gift, and this is your responsibility, for if you let it fall by the wayside, no one can pick it up for you and it can never be replaced. No one can ever have it for you. The visions of reality that are your own can be seen by no other. The journey into consciousness and reality that can be perceived by you can be perceived by no other. The particular vision of truth that can be received by you can be perceived by no other."

The Early Class Sessions, Book 3

ESP Class Session, March 23, 1971

Copyright L. Davies Butts

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:03 am