tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Thread Page Numbering!! WTF??

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Thread Page Numbering!! WTF?? Empty Thread Page Numbering!! WTF??

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:00 am

I just noticed that my threads now consist of approximately half of their original pages!! Has content gone "Bye!! Bye!!"?? I've suspected that this might happen for years. I've noticed a lot of strange things lately (including the poking and prodding on "my" thread). Is the End Near?? I've been trying to stop posting for years -- but might this be the last-straw that breaks the completely ignorant fool's back??!!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Thread Page Numbering!! WTF?? Empty Re: Thread Page Numbering!! WTF??

Post  Carol Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Oxy, it's a program problem with our server. When you reach a certain limit of posts in a thread it generally splits the thread into 2. Or it gets to where you can no longer make a post and you have to start a new thread. As for the amount of info per member the program holds, that too is limited as I can attest to losing a lot of data.. so take the time to move a thread into some of the other less popular threads so I don't lose the data.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:25 pm

Carol wrote:Oxy, it's a program problem with our server. When you reach a certain limit of posts in a thread it generally splits the thread into 2. Or it gets to where you can no longer make a post and you have to start a new thread. As for the amount of info per member the program holds, that too is limited as I can attest to losing a lot of data.. so take the time to move a thread into some of the other less popular threads so I don't lose the data.
    This happened to more than one of my threads -- one of which hasn't been added-to for a very-long time. Both threads were way-below the number of posts required for a split. I no longer trust this system, and I'm afraid this might be the end. I knew this day would come -- but I thought it would come later, rather than sooner. I suspect that our banks will give similar explanations when they take our money with some sort of a technical-glitch or some sophisticated-reason which only they understand. Sorry for being so direct -- but when a 53 page thread gets cut-back to 32 pages -- without warning or explanation -- something is majorly wrong. I suspect that my conversation with blue roller might have something to do with this. I'm simply a helpless-passenger on a runaway-train. But I guess I won't be posting anymore. I know I've said that before -- but this situation is highly-disturbing. Thanks again for everything. I know my presence here has not been a cause of joy for a very-long time -- but I didn't think this uneasy-relationship would end in such a shoddy-manner. There are "Sponsored Content" posts replacing some posts -- so this isn't just a data-volume or posting-volume issue. Post 51 on my current United States of the Solar System thread was a "Sponsored Content" post -- at least when I wasn't logged-in -- but it seemed to be back to normal when I logged-on. But the "Sponsored Content" posts seem to appear even when logged-on -- if I'm not mistaken. Sorry for being a complainer -- but I've had more than enough of just about everything. I suspect that a Malevolent-Technocracy is in the process of screwing each and every one of us -- in one way or another -- regardless of whether we're insiders or outsiders. I'm not going away mad -- I'm just going away.
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:54 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:Thanks again for everything. I know my presence here has not been a cause of joy for a very-long time --
    but I didn't think this uneasy-relationship would end in such a shoddy-manner.

I'm not going away mad -- I'm just going away.[/size]

Without one atom of cynicism, ortho, I hope you've come to know my style a little, so that you know I mean it,
    before you leave, I like to say, I'm having great laughs, at times, about your sense of humour and the way you're present
    in your posts. It seems to me, that for you, being such a gentleman, that must be a blessing and a curse both, mastering
    the skill of indignation in such outstanding perseverance. It continues to amaze me and amuse me at the same time, in a
    good way. You're showing me what it means to dance in veils as a you-man and encounter the 3d-human kind. Not kind.

On a lighter note, can we expect to see you return soon? Or are you serious this time? Lmfao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5gm9hoTw6Y

I can easily picture you sitting with the Monty Python members here, making your point Cheerful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78b67l_yxUc

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:32 am

I love your sense of humor Oxy. I don't think it was anything personal. You know how computer severs and systems are - impersonal. Way in the past I used to get so pissed at how the system didn't work right. Then I had to keep telling myself, "It's just a machine. It doesn't care or have feelings. It just does it's thing." So moving on beyond taking what it does at a personal level I just practice calming down and patience - rather then smashing it and tossing it out the window. I lost an entire book once when my system crashed and burned so understand your frustration. The best way to save information is to email it to yourself.

Thread Page Numbering!! WTF?? 8e27c26a96a22b9fd34b733df12537f2

Thread Page Numbering!! WTF?? Snoopy

Thread Page Numbering!! WTF?? Snoopy-charlie-brown-coloring-pages_105123

Thread Page Numbering!! WTF?? D3f067a7b0adf637a98fae433b3a76e0

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:17 pm

Thank-you B.B. and Carol. I think there are more posts per page -- but that no posts have been lost. Still, when not logged-in, links don't work, and "Sponsored Content" posts replace actual-posts. The link-issue has been ongoing, seemingly for years. I don't trust the high-technology or the "people" who control it and us. But We the Peons seem to invite and facilitate This Present Madness. Jordan Maxwell has been highly critical of church, state, business, etc. -- but his conclusion was that the New World Order is a "done-deal" because of the deplorable-state of humanity. I think I understand how things work -- and it's reprehensible -- but perhaps things must be this way. My prophetic-speculation hints at things being cleaned-up in the twenty-second century -- but prophets and prophecies come and go -- while the bullshit continues. But I'm honestly not continuing. My internet research-project has ended -- and I need to privately digest the data -- and restrict my analysis to the territory already covered. This might be similar to "Fiddling While Rome Burns" but I've vowed to see this project through (probably for the rest of my life). You know -- various scholars specialize in various subjects -- and I'm attempting to specialize in one aspect of the madness -- for better or worse, I know not.
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:38 pm

Carol wrote:I love your sense of humor Oxy. I don't think it was anything personal. You know how computer severs and systems are - impersonal. Way in the past I used to get so pissed at how the system didn't work right. Then I had to keep telling myself, "It's just a machine. It doesn't care or have feelings. It just does it's thing." So moving on beyond taking what it does at a personal level I just practice calming down and patience - rather then smashing it and tossing it out the window. I lost an entire book once when my system crashed and burned so understand your frustration. The best way to save information is to email it to yourself.

Thread Page Numbering!! WTF?? D3f067a7b0adf637a98fae433b3a76e0[/center]

So good of you to notice it, Carol. I felt something was missing in my reply to ortho and returned to correct that.
    And now I find you did it for me! Cheerful

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:19 pm