tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+9
starninja
Brook
Jenetta
Carol
anomalous cowherd
mudra
lindabaker
TRANCOSO
Rimbaud
13 posters

Hello

Rimbaud
    Inactive

Hello Empty Hello

Post  Rimbaud Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Hello to everyone,

I now realise that I've done this completely wrong...I should have introduced myself properly before commenting on this wonderful..and rather insightful site. So apologies for neglecting to do that.

To give you my background..."Rimbaud" is of course my alter ego...My real name is Andrew and I live in the Haute Pyrennees in SW France; I own a small but extremely busy Hotel or Chambre D'Hote with two friends..my CV is horribly eclectic...although I started off in the normal way...School..Army..City trader etc...then in the slump before last I was made redundant from my job...I retrained as a chef de cuisine..and have spent the last fifteen years either cooking in Bistros..setting up kitchens for others..running "posh" restaurants in London and recently this latest business venture.

I'm half French...my Mothers family hail from Normandy and Paris..My Fathers family hail from Hastings in Sussex...It's fair to say that I am a pure Norman..and "Rimbaud" seems to come from similar stock to me. We both have the "pale blue eye" of the Gaul and the same "wonderlust". Where we depart is the insanely wonderful poetry of Rimbaud...I wake up in the morning with his verse ringing in my ears...never forget that he gave it all up by the time he was twenty. I use "Rimbaud" as my nom de plume..because I love his works and admire him personally.

I'll end this "C.V" by saying how happy I am to be a part of you all..and thankyou to all of you who wrote to me on AV2suggesting that I might be happier here. I can already tell you that I am. I'm a bit tired of arguing with folk who simply want to provoke a fight just for the short term pleasure of seeing someone get banned. I will always support the downtrodden and defend the abused... I might not always be right in doing so..but one has to take some sort of position in life. Bear with my friends..I'm still trying to find my feet.

P.S. Please excuse my written English in future...I'm horribly dyslexic and it takes me ages to write a post...Love to you all

Rimbaud
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Hello Empty Re: Hello

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Reading your stuff at PA2 I always thought you should have called yourself Rambaud! Thubs Up
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:13 pm

Rim: Welcome! I read some of your posts on Avalon 2 recently, and I'm glad you are here in the Mists. It is much more interesting and agreeable here in the Mists, because we do not have to waste time defending against the ones there, who would argue for the sake of it. Sometimes that is fun, but mostly it's a waste of time. So, Chef Extraordinaire, what is the subject of your first Thread? I adore your photo, and may I assume it is a portrait of the poet? Perhaps you are he, returned to this plane. (she shrugs, a silent shrug of the shoulders.) What is on the menu this evening at the hotel? I need the vicarious experience. Thank you, Mrs. Baker.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:17 pm

This is a lovely first thread Rimbaud .
    Now we have a Chef in the crew and a poet too .
    It's all good.
    Thank you for introducing yourself in such an elegant way.
    I am sure we will fare very well with you .

Bienvenue dans les Brumes d'Avalon

Flowers
    Love from me
    mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:17 pm

lindabaker wrote:Rim: Welcome! I read some of your posts on Avalon 2 recently, and I'm glad you are here in the Mists. It is much more interesting and agreeable here in the Mists, because we do not have to waste time defending against the ones there, who would argue for the sake of it. Sometimes that is fun, but mostly it's a waste of time. So, Chef Extraordinaire, what is the subject of your first Thread? I adore your photo, and may I assume it is a portrait of the poet? Perhaps you are he, returned to this plane. (she shrugs, a silent shrug of the shoulders.) What is on the menu this evening at the hotel? I need the vicarious experience. Thank you, Mrs. Baker.
    Mrs. Baker's in a good mood, lately!
    Thubs Up
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:32 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:
    Mrs. Baker's in a good mood, lately!
    Thubs Up

I believe she takes a daily Misty pill Cheerful

Love from me
    mudra
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:35 pm

I do! I do! I take a Misty Pill almost every day!
    Rimbaud
    Inactive

Post  Rimbaud Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:05 pm

lindabaker wrote:I do! I do! I take a Misty Pill almost every day!

Can you all tell me where to get a "misty pill" from?...does it cost money? lol...Anyway I can't take any kind of pill as I get instantly addicted..better to lay off them...Transco..last week we had some clients from Charleville (Rimbauds birthplace) called "Rambaud"...I nearly popped my clogs!...but alas..no recognition..no interest..a sad day for me.

Transco..I've already admitted to a certain argumentative stance on AV2..not all of them were in the public arena and some of the most venomous were and are between moderators and myself..particularly my stance against unfair eviction. I suppose I've simply been seen as a negative force..I don't think that I am..I hope not anyway. If I thought that of myself..I simply wouldn't contribute on any forum whatsoever.

Give me a chance please Transco..I don't know if we've crossed swords before..but those who know me..know that I'm honest at least..and I'd be the first to back you up in a tight corner if you needed me.

Rimbaud
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Rimbaud wrote:

Can you all tell me where to get a "misty pill" from?...does it cost money? lol...Anyway I can't take any kind of pill as I get instantly addicted..better to lay off them...Transco..last week we had some clients from Charleville (Rimbauds birthplace) called "Rambaud"...I nearly popped my clogs!...but alas..no recognition..no interest..a sad day for me.

Transco..I've already admitted to a certain argumentative stance on AV2..not all of them were in the public arena and some of the most venomous were and are between moderators and myself..particularly my stance against unfair eviction. I suppose I've simply been seen as a negative force..I don't think that I am..I hope not anyway. If I thought that of myself..I simply wouldn't contribute on any forum whatsoever.

Give me a chance please Transco..I don't know if we've crossed swords before..but those who know me..know that I'm honest at least..and I'd be the first to back you up in a tight corner if you needed me.

Rimbaud
    Rimbaud, I really appericiated your 'Rambo' posts at PA2.
    You were one of the few who didn't crawl up Bill & his ModPolice's arses.

I am so glad you found your way to the Mists.
    cheers
    Rimbaud
    Inactive

Post  Rimbaud Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:34 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:
    Rimbaud wrote:

Rimbaud
    Rimbaud, I really appericiated your 'Rambo' posts at PA2.
    You were one of the few who didn't crawl up Bill & his ModPolice's arses.

I am so glad you found your way to the Mists.
    cheers

Dear Trancoso
    Thankyou for your comments..I can absolutely assure you that I will never..ever crawl anywhere..especially within Bills "nether regions" aka "BUM" lol!...If I have a problem right now..is that I don't want to be defensive any more..I stated my case on Freemasonry and other subjects on AV2 and fought my corner against some fairly scurrilous comments. I expected those however..I invited them after all. I really don't feel aggrieved by anyone or anything..I simply want to be with like minded friends with whom to move into the next epoch..I think we all want that in one way or another.

In the meantime..I send you my love..and my best wishes to every one of you

Rimbaud
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:52 am

I crossed swords with quite a few on PA1 and now my tools are getting dull here from lack of use, lack of need more like. Then I see upon another thread someone says sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, so, must be a half wit as well. You'll get no trouble from me then.

Now, what IS your stance on freemasonry? scratch If I may enquire? Genuine question , not looking for an argybargy . You will find this forum has genuine open minds, enquiring minds even... clown

Hastings, my turf, there were quite a few from here on PA1, though they didn't actually want to meet, which was where I developed my mild cynicism for the ground crew mentality, and a boredom of beans and bugout bags.

BTW,you wouldn't recognize Crowleytown these days, it's getting gastrified.

Rimbaud
    Inactive

Post  Rimbaud Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:43 pm

I've stated it before Cowherd..I'm the ex Grand Master of Lodge 1724 Kaiser-I-Hind..I am also a 33rd degree Fellowcraft Freemason..although I haven't been to my Lodge for a couple of years. I've said all this before..but if you want to check it out and bring a conclusion to it, then my Grand Lodge is in Duke Street St.James. Knock on the door and they'll show you around.

I'm happy to keep on discussing this aspect of my life if you want me to keep going on about it..I was simply hoping to move on from this now..from my point of view; thirty years is enough...There is more to me than Freemasonry if I can be permitted the chance.

Rimbaud
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:59 pm

I was 'born into' an over a century old soccer & cricket club.
    When I was 17, I left my elderly home & moved to Amsterdam.
    Soon after I met (by chance, if that exists) a very rich & influential person, who asked me about my background. When I mentioned the name of my S & C Club, his eyes lightend up & he said: "If that is the case you're invited to a private party, tomorrow, at my place. Don't show up if you're lying to me now, 'cos my brother is a member of that same club."
    To him it meant that I was to be 'trusted', because I was brought up in an enviroment where a way of 'thinking' is kept in honour, that becomes part of you, wheter you like it or not.

I didn't like to play soccer there so much when I was young, becauase I was very talented & at an early age I was asked to come & play for a club that was in the Dutch Premier League.
    (This would have given me a chance to end up playing soccer for a living.)
    My father refused to let me join that club & I hated him for that.
    (Only a few years ago he confessed to me that it was mainly because that club had 'colaborated' with the German occupation force in Holland, during WW2.)

So this whole 'mason' thing is quite familiar to me.

I think it can be for the benefit of society as much as it can be misused.
    It just depends on the individual member if he can stay loyal to a certain 'way of life', or not.

I hardly ever go to 'my' club, but when I do it always feels like a sort of 'coming home'.
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:34 am

interesting... men's clubs .

ok, no soccer challenge then Trancoso, 'sides, I'm a gal and I might break a nail.

I know near nothing about you Rimbaud, you may have said it all before on the freemasonry but I don't read other forums, except maybe GLP occasionally, for the hilarity mainly.
    There were a few freemasons on Michael Tsarion's forum, as well as a "Rimbaud". The subject does seem to lead to much controversy, so it is of some interest to me, but not pressing. The name Viviano Vivaldi mean anything to you? Just curious.
    Leo Zagami certainly caused a ruckus on the freemasonry front. I'm neutral on all this, not enough information .
    Rimbaud
    Inactive

Post  Rimbaud Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:46 pm

anomalous cowherd wrote:interesting... men's clubs .

ok, no soccer challenge then Trancoso, 'sides, I'm a gal and I might break a nail.

I know near nothing about you Rimbaud, you may have said it all before on the freemasonry but I don't read other forums, except maybe GLP occasionally, for the hilarity mainly.
    There were a few freemasons on Michael Tsarion's forum, as well as a "Rimbaud". The subject does seem to lead to much controversy, so it is of some interest to me, but not pressing. The name Viviano Vivaldi mean anything to you? Just curious.
    Leo Zagami certainly caused a ruckus on the freemasonry front. I'm neutral on all this, not enough information .

I won't rise to your provocation..I have nothing further to say on this subject..and if you know "near nothing" about me then surely it's better left that way..Any other details that you want, just get it off the web..as you won't get it off me

Goodnight

Rimbaud
    anomalous cowherd
    anomalous cowherd

Post  anomalous cowherd Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:48 am

oh dear, must have hit a nerve I wasn't remotely looking for. You are obviously troubled by something going on in YOUR mind or that something from the past will come and bite you in the xXX, well it isn't going to be me, just not that interested I'm afraid. Is anyone else? Didn't think so Mad

Mildly sorry to have rattled your cage, it was not my intention .( not even a wee wee bit) We have enough paranoia here,( hardly any ) but it often goes with self importance and as I don't have a lot of that, it is rather hard to relate.

Still, it adds another dimension to what I know about freemasonry, so thanks. Many of them at the higher levels do seem to end up with some degree of paranoia. I thought you might have a different story. You seemed to want to be open, I took you at your word and look what flew out? Shocked

Lots of power structures are crumbling, anything done in the dark will come to the light, thats the zeitgeist of NOW . I love that about this period of change. It's no secret the freemasons are creatures of the night, bet I would not get an open door tour on a full moon, eh?

Ok grandmaster flash compose yourself and don't worry about me, I've got both bigger and smaller fish to fry.
    Good DAY sunny

BTW, my grandfather was a widow's son, Big deal.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:36 am

Welcome to the Mists Rimbaud. cheers

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Hello Empty Hello...

Post  Jenetta Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:13 am

Carol wrote:Welcome to the Mists Rimbaud. cheers
    Ditto that Rimbaud...anyone that is a Chef Extraordinaire find hard to pass up as a friend...

Post  lindabaker Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:32 am

To quote Mr. Rimbaud in an earlier post:

"I simply want to be with like minded friends with whom to move into the next epoch..I think we all want that in one way or another."

As I said in an earlier post, what's on the menu? Would it be all right just to talk about food and wine and La Mer? Is your hotel, Mr. Rimbaud, on the sea? I believe you said south of France. East or West of Marseilles? I can visit again, even if it is in my imagination.

Do we have a poem today?

Let's all bring in the new epoch by sharing what's going on NOW instead of who did what to whom and all that jazz. What's new in the South of France, that lovely, lovely place. I can feel the sunshine now.

Linda

Rimbaud
    Inactive

Post  Rimbaud Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:27 pm

anomalous cowherd wrote:oh dear, must have hit a nerve I wasn't remotely looking for. You are obviously troubled by something going on in YOUR mind or that something from the past will come and bite you in the xXX, well it isn't going to be me, just not that interested I'm afraid. Is anyone else? Didn't think so Mad

Mildly sorry to have rattled your cage, it was not my intention .( not even a wee wee bit) We have enough paranoia here,( hardly any ) but it often goes with self importance and as I don't have a lot of that, it is rather hard to relate.

Still, it adds another dimension to what I know about freemasonry, so thanks. Many of them at the higher levels do seem to end up with some degree of paranoia. I thought you might have a different story. You seemed to want to be open, I took you at your word and look what flew out? Shocked

Lots of power structures are crumbling, anything done in the dark will come to the light, thats the zeitgeist of NOW . I love that about this period of change. It's no secret the freemasons are creatures of the night, bet I would not get an open door tour on a full moon, eh?

Ok grandmaster flash compose yourself and don't worry about me, I've got both bigger and smaller fish to fry.
    Good DAY sunny

BTW, my grandfather was a widow's son, Big deal.

Please don't try to provoke me..I haven't done anything to you...If your Grandfather told you about the "Widows Son" then he'd have slapped you 'round the head and told you to behave yourself. Stop being so horrible about things that you know nothing about. Pretend if you like..but go to bed knowing that we're all "Widows Sons" apart from you..who has just given up your right to that protection...you're on your own mes amis!

Rimbaud
    Rimbaud
    Inactive

Post  Rimbaud Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:51 pm

lindabaker wrote:To quote Mr. Rimbaud in an earlier post:

"I simply want to be with like minded friends with whom to move into the next epoch..I think we all want that in one way or another."

As I said in an earlier post, what's on the menu? Would it be all right just to talk about food and wine and La Mer? Is your hotel, Mr. Rimbaud, on the sea? I believe you said south of France. East or West of Marseilles? I can visit again, even if it is in my imagination.

Do we have a poem today?

Let's all bring in the new epoch by sharing what's going on NOW instead of who did what to whom and all that jazz. What's new in the South of France, that lovely, lovely place. I can feel the sunshine now.

Linda

Linda,

I live in the Mountains between Lourdes and the Pont D'Espagne..I'm rather afraid of this website now I'm afraid to say..it seems to be more aggressive every time that I log on

Rimbaud

Rimbaud
    Inactive

Post  Rimbaud Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:01 pm

Rimbaud wrote:
    lindabaker wrote:To quote Mr. Rimbaud in an earlier post:

Do we have a poem today?

Linda

Linda,

I live in the Mountains between Lourdes and the Pont D'Espagne..I'm rather afraid of this website now I'm afraid to say..it seems to be more aggressive every time that I log on

Rimbaud

Linda..some mixed posts here I think,

But to answer you ..the summer here lasts until November..23C on my front terrace on the 1st Dec last year..Snow starts about the 10th Dec..White Xmas every year..we go to Cauterets for lunch and toboggan downhill for cocktails and Champagne!..what a horrible life!

Love

Rimbaud
    Rimbaud
    Inactive

Post  Rimbaud Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:17 pm

anomalous cowherd wrote:interesting... men's clubs .

I know less about you ..you vile, rude person..Goodbye..I'm resigning right now. Enjoy your website

Rimbaud
    Rimbaud
    Inactive

Post  Rimbaud Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:23 pm

TRANCOSO wrote:Reading your stuff at PA2 I always thought you should have called yourself Rambaud! Thubs Up

Goodbye ..I am leaving this site and depart with a hugg..Why on Earth was I invited here in the first place?.I'm a regular guy and hate being insulted.

Goodbye

Andrew
    Brook
    Brook

Post  Brook Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:33 pm

Are you really in France?

http://www.themistsofavalon.net/viewonline.htm

(IP shows London)

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:23 pm