tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+12
burgundia
ClearWater
THEeXchanger
Vidya Moksha
NANUXII
Swanny
greybeard
Eartheart
Pris
Carol
B.B.Baghor
bobhardee
16 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

Post  mudra Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:39 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 Cba21610

I have not much,
    But, may I rest peacefully,
    In the silence,
    That I find from within.

Poem written by Athey Thompson
    Art by Lennart Helji

ClearWater likes this post

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

Post  mudra Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:21 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 81417210

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:09 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 2ba43f10

Always find the courage to speak and the desire to clarify things.
    Because silences weigh as stones.
    And stones become walls, and walls at last seperate.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:07 pm

https://youtu.be/6Y5b1LsWxyg

We convince ourselves that life will be better after we get married, have a baby, then another. Then we are frustrated that the kids aren't old enough, and we'll be more content when they are.

After that, we're frustrated that we have teenagers to deal with. We will certainly be happy when they are out of that stage.We tell ourselves that our life will be complete when our partner gets his or her act together when we get a nicer car, are able to go on a nice holiday, when we retire.

The truth is, there's no better time to be happy than right now. If not now, when?

Your life will always be filled with challenges.

It's best to admit this to yourself and decide to be happy anyway.

A quote comes from Alfred D. Souza. He said,

"For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin - real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way, something to be gotten through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, or a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life."

This perspective has helped me to see that there is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way.

So, treasure every moment that you have and treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time...and remember that time waits for no one.

So, stop waiting until you lose ten pounds, until you gain ten pounds, until you have kids, until your kids leave the house, until you start work, until you retire, until you get married, until you get divorced, until Friday night, until Sunday morning, until you get a new car or home, until your car or home is paid off, until spring, until summer, until winter, until your song comes on, until you've had a drink.... there is no better time than right now to be happy.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.

Work like you don't need money,

Love like you've never been hurt,

And dance like no one's watching.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:16 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 D655bf10

RIP Thich Nhat Han

The International Plum Village Community of Engaged Buddhism announces that our beloved teacher Thich Nhat Hanh has passed away peacefully at Từ Hiếu Temple in Huế, Vietnam, at 00:00hrs on 22nd January, 2022, at the age of 95. We invite our global spiritual family to take a few moments to be still, to come back to our mindful breathing, as we together hold Thay in our hearts in peace and loving gratitude for all he has offered the world.
    More official news will be coming shortly.
    Please sign up for email updates here: https://bit.ly/3fJx7pd

Enlightened Candle in the Wind Enlightened

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:15 am

Here is one exercise I just gave to those in NLS currently doing the 3-day focus container mentioned in my previous post:
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    “What is my deepest point of view / assumption about myself that keeps creating the things/reflections I don’t prefer—those reflections that show my causal seed belief has a mentionable degree of distortion of the Law of One?
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Hone in on that frequency-cloud, detect intuitively in the depths of the causal body the definition or nebula of assumptions, and dissolve it using ALL (Awareness/Love/Light) or simply shift to a higher vibratory nebula of intention and assumption that will form a less distorted / more preferred point of attraction for your subtle and physical imagination (“reality”) to then flow out from.

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 A53c3c10
    The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 Baa91c10
    The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 48e6ba10

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Jan 29, 2022 12:52 am

Dealing With Strong Negative Emotions

This is the advice given to a reader who is unable to maintain his identity as Pure Awareness due to the rising of strong negative emotions.

A long time corespondent complained,

That depression and strong emotion,

Overwhelmed him leaving him dismayed,

Unable to identify with The Ocean.

Which is Awareness, Consciousness at rest,

Simply discoverable by direct investigation,

Of this moment to moment experience,

Revealing That which 'sees' this manifestation.

For in each moment there are sensations and thought,

And Awareness of these, which is ever present,

The former appearing in This, which needn't be sought,

The constant conscious perceiving essence.

So I suggested he investigates when negativity appears,

Discovering it occurs in Awareness Itself,

Thoughts and feelings fleeting 'things' which rear,

In This his essential innermost Self.

The trick is to resume investigation,

As soon as one notes the depression recur,

So with Awareness there’s re-identification,

Thus joy and peace, to which it must defer.

However, initially this seem to be quite hard,

So I suggest carrying out the full investigation*,

Thrice a day, which will the problem retard,

As ‘Awake’ becomes the natural inclination.

This will break its stranglehold,

As the mind becomes reconditioned,

And on it one is no longer ‘sold’,

Causing it to become ‘decommissioned’.

* See comment 'Investigation Of Experience' on pinned post of my FB page.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    A new poem from 'Poetry From Hidden In Plain Sight' based on a chapter of 'Hidden In Plain Sight''.

I write (and read) these posts, based on my meditations and contemplations, as much for my own benefit as for that of 'others'. For this helps to keep me 'awake' in this illusory, and impermanent, world ... the Divine Manifestation.

Colin Drake

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:15 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 9e8c6910
    Liberty - Autumn Sky Art

It is said that freedom and security are often mutually exclusive, and in order to have one you may need to give up the other.
    And, when someone’s freedom challenges another’s security, or someone’s security is at the expense of other peoples’ freedom, we need to navigate very delicate and complex concepts and take the utmost care with finite conclusions.
    Which is more important to YOU, freedom or security?
    Where do you draw the line clearly in the sand, and how do you step out of your comfort zone and extend empathy and curiosity to someone who stands on the other side?

“Liberty”
    14"x42", acrylic on canvas, 2016

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:56 am

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:35 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 A87aa010

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:23 am

"Don't let the illusions of your past or future rob you of the infiniteness of your present.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:27 am

A sanskrit poem by Kalidasa

Look to this day,

for it is life, the very breath of life.

In its brief course lie

all the realities of your existence;

the bliss of growth,

the glory of action,

the splendor of beauty.

For yesterday is only a dream,

and tomorrow is but a vision.

But today, well lived,

makes every yesterday a dream of happiness,

and every tomorrow

a vision of hope.

Look well, therefore, to this day.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:10 am

..."Most humans are basically sleepwalking through life, if one looks deeply at human nature, they will see that the sense of self, the ego, is only created by the conditioning and beliefs passed down through generations. IT is time to Awaken from this illusion, to see that our sense of self, is nothing but a hoax, and to put off our Awakening to some far off divine event, is only escaping the work that needs to BE done Today. For there IS only transformation, which IS complete in and of its nature, beyond that is only behavior modification, which is still only a prison of the ego, creating a illusion of the self. Until One makes the UNconscious Conscious, One can never KNOW who they really ARE, if limited is how One wants to remain, then their limit is set! But until One looks within for themselves, the words and beliefs of others will only keep their true spirit enslaved. We ARE either fully Awake or we are Asleep, there is NO in between, for to THINK one has a understanding of the self, only remains blind to the hidden Shadow we carry within!" ~Alistar Valadez...

Vidya Moksha likes this post

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:55 am

Jason Shurka

Divided we fall United we fly

https://youtu.be/ZyfCtS55QI0
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:41 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 15f5cc10
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:23 pm

what the world needs Right Now

https://youtu.be/7-Y55vliYpE
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:11 pm

Conspiracy theorist is a term for those who are in such a deep sleep that they have created a word for themselves to feel awakened or more aware of things going on around them than the average person in society. What this term does once identified with is makes them feel as if they “have it,” whatever life’s answer is… life becomes a game or battle in which many are sleeping but whatever the case maybe, we assure ourselves that we are NOT. It is “them” or “they” that are the problem because they do not believe in or see the reality I do.

But what a conspiracy theorist really is, is the prisoner and warden to their very own prison. Your constant reassurance to yourself that you “have it” and they don’t is another form of sleep.

People not believing in the “shadow government” or whatever conspiracy you feel is hindering the world is not actually hindering any world, it hinders the point from which you perceive the world…

These beliefs hinder NOBODY but you. Only you see it. You want it to change but are waiting for 6billion people to see what you see… this is not how we awaken to our own charades… we awaken to our own game by realizing who we truly are here.

The greatest and final conspiracy is not with you and the world or you and some corrupt system, it is with you and yourself.

The truth is already yours, truth is simply your experience which is always happening. Experience is not and cannot be true or false, the experience itself is the highest and only truth.

So you already have IT, only you have decorated it and have safe guarded the “prize” through this “shadow government” which wants to kill the world.

We never stop to realize that if this system wanted to kill the world, it would be done in seconds… not over YEARS time by slowly consuming foods or water…

If spirituality is not IMPROVING the quality of your life, then whatever you are learning or stumbling across is simply the minds imagination playing with itself.

If the world became a monstrous or darker place after you “awakened,” then you didn’t actually awaken… you have fallen into the mind.

Spirituality doesn’t change the world, it removes the “world appearance” and the being perceiving it, YET something remains….

I didn’t say it would be easy, I only said that it would be truth.

Author: Tyler Ugalde
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:30 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:41 pm

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:02 pm

Virtue Science

I glanced through this site today and although I haven't explored the subject in depth yet
    I am finding it interesting enough to share 🙏🧡

VirtueScience is:
    A virtuous and transcendental way of expanding and deepening scientific understanding
    and
    A scientific way of improving our virtues and realizing the transcendental aspects of our being.

VirtueScience.com is the personal website of James Barton:

It was originally put up as a vehicle for my free book "Inner Medicine" which contains my discoveries about the virtues and how to improve one's character. I later added some of my innovations in sacred geometry,esoteric mathematics and the Kabalah etc along with some original diagrams. Now I have added many other articles and sections to my site. The biggest section, which contains over 2000 pages, is the Database of Number Correlations which is a useful resource for mathematicians, historians, scientists and students of Universal Mysteries etc etc.

(Coming Soon)
    Primary Material
    (1) The Nature of Truth
    (2) The Nature of Consciousness
    (3) The Universal Frequency Triangle
    (4) The Spectrum of Consciousness
    (5) Reincarnation
    (6) The Primordial Pattern
    (7) The Projection of Meaning
    (Cool The Virtues and Vices
    (9) The Law of Sympathetic Vibration
    (10) Optimizing Variables
    (11) Vibrational Groups
    (12) The Global Mind
    (13) The Virtues of Vegetarianism
    (14) Nonduality: The Supreme Doctrine
    (15) The Soul and God
    Universal Tactics

Read more: https://www.virtuescience.com/about.html
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:38 pm

..."As we sit quietly and look out at the world, we cannot deny that many are living through some dark moments, for chaos and destruction seem to be the headlines across many nations, and these patterns of chaos ripple out and effect the harmony within many individuals. But those who are strong will make it through these dark transitions, as we focus less on the ending of outer world patterns, a re-focus begins towards a new inner world connection. When we can awaken to the 'fact' that the outer world is but a inner world vision, for everything we see is a creation within our mind as an image, then we will awaken to the eternal universe within, as we shed the illusion of the separate ego. We are in this vast universe, yet this vast universe is ALL within us, when we can fully understand this beyond just repeating the words, when we can feel this deep in our bones, the unity of humankind will appear right before us!" ~DMT/Alistar Valadez...

---
    As DMT, we are creating metal music using Universal energy, frequency, and vibration to make the unconscious conscious and "Activate" your mind to a higher potential!
    www.DMTmetal.com
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:47 am

Vidya Moksha likes this post

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:12 am

I had the briefest of reads.

The headline is quite correct, meditation is a dead-end. a cul-de-sac on the path to advaita.

It would appear that Ken has a bee in his bonnet about Theravada Buddhism, which is a ridiculous dogma, clearly.

However, the Mahayana Buddhist texts and especially the vajrana Buddhist ideas are actually quite sound.

The latter teachings also stress that meditation is not the way forward, they are more concerned with awareness..

I will read it in more detail later, but I am sure my summary here is not far off the mark.

mudra likes this post

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:25 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 God-dice+copy
    God Plays Dice with the Universe!

I've mentioned this previously, but here I go again. Consider reading Luke and Acts to Jude (23 of 27 New Testament Books) straight-through, over and over, in a variety of translations, in a variety of contexts, with internal-interpretation, allowing for the possibility of Neo Wisdom-Literature and Historical-Fiction in a Canonical Sola Scriptura Inerrancy-Modality as Neo-Fundamentalism for Practical-Purposes!! What if nearly everything is BS (especially philosophically, religiously, and spiritually)?? What if we are reduced to BS VS BS (Comparative Bullshit) as an Approach to the TRUTH?? What if one attempted to read every Science-Fiction book as an Approach to the TRUTH?? I know of a couple of people who have done this (or are doing it). Unfortunately, I seem to be a miserable and hamstrung Deer in the Headlights (which is why I limit my madness to this little alternative website). What if my mission in life is to study this website (in general) and my threads (in particular) with evil-neutrality as a necessary-evil?? What a Tangled-Web I Weave When I Know I Don't Know!! Give Me a Break!! I Had a Stroke!!

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 R.b2c9a45e506a5f16449b9b0a8a7096ca?rik=lV190RAknLUOmg&riu=http%3a%2f%2f2.bp.blogspot.com%2f-04-FtOCcXns%2fUKV3L-JdPlI%2fAAAAAAAACJM%2f3UkdHSflycs%2fs1600%2frich1

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 OIP
    The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 Vir-waves-2
    The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 954-robot-theology-ai-and-QU5F7h4DPyb-ZhdCVbqOtMW.1080x1080
    The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 26 412c6t

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:50 pm; edited 5 times in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:27 am

We travel far for peace and attempt a lot to acquire it. But peace is not far; it is nearer to you than your own mind and action accomplishes it not. Action only affects activity. Thinking only affects thoughts. Peace is found simply in peace—as it already is. There God reveals himself to the seeker easily.

Bentinho Masaro

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm