tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+8
JesterTerrestrial
SophiasChoice
Sanicle
shiloh
Aquaries1111
Brook
Raven
mudra
12 posters

What Is Consciousness?

Brook
    Brook

What Is Consciousness? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is Consciousness?

Post  Brook Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:31 am

Update:

Is a "mental symphony" tuning up?

What Is Consciousness? - Page 2 Mental_symphony

Signs of "Connected Consciousness" Detected on Global Scale

A quote from the article; "The more we understand we're all 'one,' as the sages of all cultures put it, the better able we'll be to shift our activities to realize our huge, wonderful potential."

Good reading: http://www.wfs.org/.../signs-connected-consciousness...

Additional links:

http://global-mind.org/

http://www.noetic.org/

http://www.princeton.edu/~pear/

http://www.eranova.com/

http://www.send2press.com/newswire/s...E7w9E.facebook

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:45 pm

om Campbell in Spain: Consciousness The Ultimate Reality 1/13

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AihD2__gKE

Love Always
    mudra
    SophiasChoice
    SophiasChoice

Post  SophiasChoice Sat May 02, 2015 4:31 am

Yipeee My favorite topic of late is here as well.

For now I am choosing to hold a notion of consciousness as described in the Abhidhamma.(wanted to insert free download link here, but that will have to wait a week I see.)

I realize that consciousness is defined in various ways with various degrees of Self attached to it.
    As of now, I don't know what it is.
    I do know what I am conscious of which is a fraction of what I believe is possible to be conscious of..

Anyway the abhidhamma definition is:
    The Abhidamma describes ultimate realities.
    There are:
    - Citta(Citta's) which translates to mind or consciousness and points at that which knows.(these get subdivided later into 89 or 121 types of consciousness)
    - Cetasikas which translates to mental factors. These mental factors arise together with consciousness. There are 52 of these. Feeling(pleasant, unpleasant and neutral), Perception, and 50 mental formations.
    - Rupa or matter. of which there are 28 types of material phenomena.
    These 3 are the so called conditioned realities, which means they exist only when certain conditions are met.
    - Nibanna the final reality which is unconditioned and therefore signify ultimate freedom (from suffering)

Of those 4 Citta/Concsiousness is also 4-fold.
    - Sense sphere consciousness
    - Fine material sphere consciousness
    - Immaterial sphere consciousness
    - Supramundane consciousness

Citta is also defined 3 different ways.
    - Citta as an agent, here citta is that which knows or cognizes an object.
    - Citta as an instrument, Here citta is that by means of which the 52 mental factors cognize an object.
    - Citta as an activity, where the process or act of cognizing an object is called citta.

This last definition seems to be the most adequate. As it does away with the notion there could be a permanent self that is cognizing or conscious. It is in the process of cognizing that Citta arises and passes as agent, as instrument and as activity by itself.

With Love
    SC.

Last edited by SophiasChoice on Sat May 02, 2015 5:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding abhidhamma definition)
    SophiasChoice
    SophiasChoice

Post  SophiasChoice Sat May 02, 2015 9:23 am

Victor S. Johnston wrote:Consider a world without consciousness. The darkness is a bubbling cauldron of energy and vibrating matter, locked in the incessant dance of thermal agitation. Through shared electrons or the strange attraction of unlike charges, quivering molecules, not free to roam, absorb and emit their characteristic quantal packages
    of energy with the surrounding fog. Free gas molecules, almost oblivious to gravity but buffeted in all directions by their neighbors, form swirling turbulent flows or march in zones of compression and expansion, according to the dictates of oscillating substrates. A massive solar flux and cosmic radiation from events long past crisscross space with their radiant energy and silently mix with the thermal glow of living creatures, whose hungry metabolic systems pour their infrared waste into the chaotic milieu.
    But within the warmth of their sticky protein bodies, the dim glow of consciousness is emerging to impose its own brand of organization on this turbulent mix of energy /matter. The active filter of consciousness illuminates the darkness, discards all irrelevant radiation, and in a grand transmutation converts and amplifies the relevant.
    Dead molecules erupt into flavors of bitterness or sweetness, electromagnetic frequencies burst with color, hapless air pressure waves become the laughter of children, and the impact of a passing molecule fills a conscious mind with the aroma of roses on a warm summer afternoon.
    "Why We Feel" By Victor S. Johnston

WIth Love
    SC.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 02, 2015 11:27 am

Thank You for adding to this thread SophiasChoice.
    Flowers 
    As we can see in this thread there are many attempts that have been made to describe Consciousness.
    Interestingly the descriptions vary depending on awareness and consideration.
    Do we look at consciousness from the standing point of the body and brain, from the standpoint of the mind or from the womb from which everything comes into being ? 

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 02, 2015 11:30 am

Gurdjieff - Difference between Awareness and Consciousness

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnto-9Q6A5k

Gurdjieff - In speaking of evolution it is necessary to understand from the outset that no mechanical evolution is possible. The evolution of man is the evolution of his consciousness. And 'consciousness' cannot evolve unconsciously.

Love Always
    mudra
    SophiasChoice
    SophiasChoice

Post  SophiasChoice Sat May 02, 2015 12:13 pm

On a previous thread in a forum far far away I opted the following definition:

For starters I'll state that consciousness is everything we can become aware of.
    Reason I'm stating it as this is that I hold the notion that certain aspects of consciousness are not easy to see without some form of training in observance.

Which I later nuanced to:

"Consciousness is everything we can are aware of as it happens".

That way we can differentiate between what is happening now in our experiental reality and what is happening in the mind as thoughts, memories, expectations etc.
    Thinking about an idea for instance means we can be conscious of the fact that we are thinking, because that's what is happening, but let the content of these thoughts for what they are.

Dwelling on past events are known consciously as thinking about the past.
    Intentions can be known then as thinking about the future.

Dreams depending on whether they are lucid or not either as memories, thinking about the past. Or as experiential direct knowing of the dreamstate.

I realize that definition encompasses much of what Gurdjeff would call awareness in the video above. However where a dog will be aware of a smell or sight or sound. I think that he is somewhat conscious of the meaning/the knowing of that sound, or smell or sight. If he wasn't a pavlov reflex would not be possible.

One reason I have taken to the Abhidhamma is because the definitions therein are concise and provide a framework that has stood the test of time in providing a bases from which people can become more conscious. All the way up to Buddha hood if I may believe the contemporary theravadan school of buddhism.

With Love
    SC.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 02, 2015 2:37 pm

I quite like your definition of Consciousness SophiasChoice as it encompasses a wide scope of human experience.

The work of Gurdjeff as I have come to understand was one of bringing people to a level of permanent consciousness by having them realize there is a difference between the fragmented awareness stemming from the perception of physicality through the 5 senses of the human body and the awareness that stems from a permanent consciousness that one is Being awareness. A Conscious awareness that doesn't depend on physicality to exist. The perceiver of all that is.

I can relate to that as it happened to me once in meditation that I found myself completely floating into blackness. There were no thoughts there to relate to , no things to see or feel through the body , no room I was being in, no universe I was part of ... As if the entire physical world had vanished. And yet I was aware of Being aware.

There is a close relation between Consciousness and Being. 

Love from me
    mudra
    JesterTerrestrial
    JesterTerrestrial

Post  JesterTerrestrial Sat May 02, 2015 2:47 pm

Ian Xel Lungold had mentioned in his videos about the mayan calendar tracking the evolution of consciousness that the definition of the said consciousness is being aware of being aware.

So do you know if you know?

:) lol something to be aware of I do think

MERLIN JT! MAAT
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat May 02, 2015 4:11 pm

JesterTerrestrial wrote:Ian Xel Lungold had mentioned in his videos about the mayan calendar tracking the evolution of consciousness that the definition of the said consciousness is being aware of being aware.

So do you know if you know?

:) lol something to be aware of I do think

MERLIN JT! MAAT
    Thank You JT yes I remember Ian Xel Lungold mentioning this .

Being aware of being awareness is to me the most fundamental thing to know.

Love from me
    mudra
    SophiasChoice
    SophiasChoice

Post  SophiasChoice Sat May 02, 2015 4:33 pm

One of my favorite quotes comes from Ian Xel Lungold and regards consciousness:
    "Whatever we turn out attention to, Thats what we become conscious of."

Anyway you Mudra have touched on The question now haven't you.
    I think what you experienced is what is sometimes known as touching Nibbana.
    I have only glimpsed it during my first and to date only vipassana meditation retreat.

The biggest difference between Buddhism and Religion as far as I can tell is that experience of pure conscious being if you will.
    Most religions say its GOD. A sentient conscious being. ATMAN.
    Buddhism says its empty, Deathless..

I am undecided yet, but lean towards the buddhist explanation. That experience like all phenomena arose, and passed as do all phenomena.
    Therefore they are not you, they are a cause for unsatisfactoriness and they are impermanent.

The experience itself is the cause by which consciousness arises. Moments in an eternal now. moment after moment.
    A thought, a smell, a sight, a feeling, a taste, a sound. experiencing it, knowing it, being conscious of it and letting it go. time and time again.

With Love
    SC.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sat May 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Well I guess that is a nice description of the primordial soup of Creative Cosmic Consciousness yet there is also the ultimate level of intelligent awareness.

Last edited by Carol on Sun May 03, 2015 4:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 03, 2015 8:20 am

SophiasChoice wrote:One of my favorite quotes comes from Ian Xel Lungold and regards consciousness:
    "Whatever we turn out attention to, Thats what we become conscious of."

Anyway you Mudra have touched on The question now haven't you.
    I think what you experienced is what is sometimes known as touching Nibbana.
    I have only glimpsed it during my first and to date only vipassana meditation retreat.

The biggest difference between Buddhism and Religion as far as I can tell is that experience of pure conscious being if you will.
    Most religions say its GOD. A sentient conscious being. ATMAN.
    Buddhism says its empty, Deathless..

I am undecided yet, but lean towards the buddhist explanation. That experience like all phenomena arose, and passed as do all phenomena.
    Therefore they are not you, they are a cause for unsatisfactoriness and they are impermanent.

The experience itself is the cause by which consciousness arises. Moments in an eternal now. moment after moment.
    A thought, a smell, a sight, a feeling, a taste, a sound. experiencing it, knowing it, being conscious of it and letting it go. time and time again.

With Love
    SC.
    Yes SC I realized this is what I must have experienced when I came upon the description of Nibbana last year.

That quote you mention of Ian Xel Lungold is one of my favorite too . He is quite right and I feel this is what accounts for  the various synchronicities we come to experience.

I think Science and Religion when they leave out Consciousness are missing the fundamental source from which everything arises.  God and the physical realm are interpreted differently when viewed from Conscious awareness.

I quite agree with Eckhart Tolle's view on God as he expresses it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMdXJnOmJU

And yes to comment on your last lines in that post :

I am unable to separate the experience of being Conscious awareness from being in the Now.

I like the image of the torus with conscious awareness at the core creating and  uncreating things to experience eternally.

What Is Consciousness? - Page 2 Patknottorus

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun May 03, 2015 8:29 am

Carol wrote:Well I guess that is a nice description of the primordial soup of Creative Cosmic Consciousness yet there is also the ultimate level of intelligent awareness.

I see no difference Carol between Conscious Awareness and Intelligent Awareness for the word intelligent  itself implies a realization , an understanding . So Intelligent Awareness would be the true understanding of what Awareness is .

Real lies / Realize / Real Eyes

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun May 03, 2015 11:49 am

mudra wrote:
    Carol wrote:Well I guess that is a nice description of the primordial soup of Creative Cosmic Consciousness yet there is also the ultimate level of intelligent awareness.

I see no difference Carol between Conscious Awareness and Intelligent Awareness for the word intelligent  itself implies a realization , an understanding . So Intelligent Awareness would be the true understanding of what Awareness is .

Real lies / Realize / Real Eyes

Love from me
    mudra

Well stated mudra. Thubs Up

This leads me along a thoughtful path regarding how one expands their conscious awareness to extend beyond pure intellect. In meditation by focusing on a mantra one gets a clear experience of the monkey mind chasing after it's own tail. Yet after a while, when the mind is stilled one can experience pure awareness that extends outside of the physical form.

Many years back during a yoga exercise (the sun salutation) outside on a hillside I experience myself lifting out of my body and up above it looking down - observing my body fall down into a fetal position. The thought was "oh, merde!" How do I get back in. Being in a bi-located state was an unexpected surprise. Knowledge is freely accessed in this state so to get back into my body I just knew I had to inhale.

Several years later another interesting experience resulted from some Scientology training I was undergoing. In this particular exercise the goal was to move beyond "monkey mind" and experience oneself as spirit. Well this also resulted in an out of body experience where ones awareness and so-called visual perception was 360 degrees.

Then a few laters on vacation hiking across the top of the volcano, Haleakala on Maui we stopped to rest/nap. Inadvertently I had been fasting and without water - so likely dehydrated as well. Yet, while lying there on my back with eyes closed I realized I was watching the clouds pass by overhead. When I opened my eyes it was exactly the same as when eyes were closed. Afterwards for years I could easily enter into a state of awareness with eyes closed and bi-locate where my consciousness was in two locations. I think Astral Traveler described this in his writings. So basically one can project their conscious awareness to other locations and go there. This of course reminds me of the Russian studies of where our DNA has the ability to create wormholes to other dimensions in which to gather information from.

So, when I think of "What is consciousness" I think of it as unlimited potential to travel through the multiverse, if one has a nexus to travel to. (a nexus is a point of reference in other dimensions generally passed on by spiritual teachers to their disciples). I think of consciousness as unlimited knowledge. I think of it as unlimited creativity and unlimited awareness/wakefulness. As spiritual beings inhabiting a 3D physical form, as long as one identifies with the form, one misses out what is available as formless state of being, our spiritual essence which gives our 3D form life.

Last edited by Carol on Sun May 03, 2015 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

SophiasChoice
    SophiasChoice

Post  SophiasChoice Sun May 03, 2015 12:53 pm

Carol wrote:

So, when I think of "What is consciousness" I think of it as unlimited potential to travel through the multiverse, if one has a nexus to travel to. (a nexus is a point of reference in other dimensions generally passed on by spiritual teachers to their disciples). I think of consciousness as unlimited knowledge. I think of it as unlimited creativity and unlimited awareness/wakefulness. As spiritual beings inhabiting a 3D physical form, as long as one identifies with the form, one misses out what is available as formless state of being, our spiritual essence which gives our 3D form life.

I like the nexus to travel analogy.
    I heard a similie the other day. Someone (might have been Joseph Goldstein quoting someone, unsure) He likened consciousness to a sunbeam traveling through space. Thus traveling it is invisible until it hits an object. Only then does it illuminate the object. Could be a particle of dust or a planet. Illuminating thus it becomes visible and consciousness itself and the object can be seen for what they are...

Talking about consciousness in its unlimited knowledge,creativity or awareness confuses me. Ususaly when talking about this trinity there is an object of the knowledge, the creation of awareness. could be as subtle as an emerging idea or as vast as a venus project building.. For now i still think that consciousness is just the knowing of these things as they arise from some causal origin. illuminated by consciousness. simultaneously arising even(co-dependent)

I agree in an instant that there's a huge load of dimensions and experiences out there that we can become conscious of and that only taking 3d existence for illumination is missing out on a lot we can become conscious of.

With Love
    SC.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Sun May 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Perhaps another way to describe what can happen when conscious awareness expands is when one shifts from a duality perspective to an experience of singularity. The mystics describe this as "when the dew drop slips into the shinning sea." Then ones conscious experience is of singularity "emerged within the vast unlimited ocean of Cosmic Consciousness", while at the same time aware of one's own unique individual existence occurring simultaneously.

With respect to the nexus.. a point of reference outside of time and space yet exists within various dimensional realms can occur as a result of meditation or spontaneously more often related to some type of trauma as a trigger to launch spirit out of body and into another dimension. In addition, with meditation and the focus set upon a spiritual being (even Christ) one can set up the condition where duality collapses and emersion (the experience of being one / singularity) occurs when the vibrational frequencies of the two come into complete alignment.. raised to the higher vibrational frequency of the Christ frequency of pure compassion. All existence and knowing reverberates at this finer, higher vibrational frequency.

Also, when intoning various words from Sanskrit over time one can set up vibrational frequencies where consciousness can travel to and experience different dimensional realms/heavens.

One of the things I've observed about our many members is how diverse their experiences are when it comes to their unique spiritual experiences. We can look at the same spiritual mountain top, yet see such a wide variety of ways to reach it. Some may choose to walk, meander around a bit; some look for a short straight path upward; some move towards it in a spiral; some may tunnel their way upward; whereas, some may take a helicopter. It's still the same mountain top, yet each journey is completely unique and filled with a rich variety of experiences along the spiritual path of conscious unfoldment.

B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Sun May 03, 2015 7:07 pm

Carol wrote:

So, when I think of "What is consciousness" I think of it as unlimited potential to travel through the multiverse, if one has a nexus to travel to. (a nexus is a point of reference in other dimensions generally passed on by spiritual teachers to their disciples). I think of consciousness as unlimited knowledge. I think of it as unlimited creativity and unlimited awareness/wakefulness. As spiritual beings inhabiting a 3D physical form, as long as one identifies with the form, one misses out what is available as formless state of being, our spiritual essence which gives our 3D form life.[/color][/size]

Great discussion! So beautiful to be with more at the round table, talking, reading the descriptive views of
    the mountain top in these posts, the different choices of words Cheerful At present, what's a learning curve to me, is the
    awareness of being fully present in the physical sense, feeling my body alive and real and at the same time "in touch" with
    intuitive qualities and new ways of looking at things, coming from different chakra-dimensional levels, just for the need to put
    it in words, but not important how it's called. At the same time finding awareness of that I am not my physical body (to begin with).

Somewhere in that competition between identifying with my physical body and with my spiritual being for that same purpose,
    dissolving the competitive aspect, is the key or "peacemaker" that brings my Heaven on Earth, including the space for each of us
    to do the same if chosen, at times with a suddenness and surprise, as I begin to perceive things happening now.
    To be with both body and spirit, in that 3D-polarity. Finding the sting of division, that is within myself, taking it out without being
    in need for a "peace of heart pacemaker" or this Drink Wine
    SophiasChoice
    SophiasChoice

Post  SophiasChoice Mon May 04, 2015 1:21 am

WIth Love
    SC.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue May 12, 2015 3:41 pm

The Garden Of Unknowing

extract from the book: the transparency of things
    Contemplating the Nature of Experience by Robert Spira
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Transparency-Things-Rupert-Spira/dp/0955829054

The abstract concepts of the mind cannot apprehend Reality although
    they are an expression of it.

Duality, the subject/object polarization, is inherent in the concepts
    of the mind. For instance, when we speak of the ‘body’ we refer to
    an object, which in turn implies a subject. If we explore this object
    we discover that it is non-existent as such and is in fact only a
    ‘sensation’.

However, a ‘sensation’ is still an object and further exploration
    reveals that it is in fact made of ‘sensing,’ of ‘mind stuff,’ rather than
    anything physical.

However, ‘sensing’ in turn is discovered to be made of ‘knowing.’ And
    if we explore ‘knowing’ we find that it is made of Consciousness.
    If we explore Consciousness we find that it has no objective qualities.
    And yet it is what we most intimately know ourselves to be. It is
    what we refer to as ‘I.’

And if we explore ‘I’ we find it is made of…
    The abstract concepts of the mind collapse here. They cannot go any
    further. There is no adequate name for that into which the mind dissolves.
    We are taken to the utmost simplicity of direct experience.

This de-objectification is the process of apparent involution through
    which That-Which-Cannot-Be-Named withdraws its projection of
    the mind, body and world, and rediscovers that it is the sole substance
    of the seamless totality of experience.

That-Which-Cannot-Be-Named, the Absolute Emptiness into which
    the mind collapses, then projects itself, within itself, back along the
    2 same path of apparent objectification, to recreate the appearance of
    the mind, body and world.

That-Which-Cannot-Be-Named, and yet which is sometimes referred
    to as ‘I,’ Consciousness, Being, Knowingness, takes the shape of
    thinking, sensing or perceiving in order to appear as a mind, a body
    or a world.

This is the process of apparent evolution through which That-
    Which-Cannot-Be-Named gives birth to a mind, a body and a world,
    without ever becoming anything other than itself.

This process of evolution and involution is the dance of Oneness,
    That-Which-Cannot-Be-Named taking shape and dissolving, vibrating
    in every nuance of experience and dissolving itself into itself,
    transparent, open, empty and luminous.

Mind attempts to describe the modulations of this emptiness manifesting
    itself as the fullness of experience and this fullness recognising
    itself as emptiness, knowing all the time that in doing so it is
    holding a candle to the wind.

Mind describes the names and forms through which That-Which-
    Cannot-Be-Named refracts itself, in order to make itself appear
    as two, as many, in order to make Consciousness/Being appear as
    Consciousness and Being.

And using the same names and forms, mind describes the apparent
    process through which That-Which-Cannot-Be-Named discovers
    that it never becomes anything, that it is always only itself and itself
    and itself.

Each statement that is made here is provisionally true in relation to
    one statement but false in relation to another. However, it is never
    absolutely true.
    The purpose of every statement is to indicate the falsity of the previous
    one, only to await its own imminent demise.

Each is an agent of Truth, but never true.
    Mind, in the broadest sense of the word*, is made of concepts and
    appearances. It never frames or grasps Reality itself.
    However, by speaking in this way, mind is being used to create evocations
    rather than descriptions of the experience of Consciousness
    knowing itself.

These evocations are temporary expressions of That-Which-Cannot-
    Be-Named, like flowers blossoming for a moment, shedding the
    perfume of their origin on the Garden of Unknowing.

*The word ‘mind’ is used in two ways in this book. The first, as in this
    sentence, includes (a) thinking and imagining, (b) sensing (referring to
    bodily sensations) and (c) perceiving (referring to seeing, hearing, tasting,
    smelling and touching, through which the world is ‘known’). In this
    case the body and the world are understood to be projections of the mind.
    The second refers only to thinking and imagining. In most cases the latter
    meaning is intended, but occasionally mind is referred to in its broader
    meaning.

Love Always
    mudra
    Chimpsky
    Chimpsky

Post  Chimpsky Wed May 13, 2015 4:11 am

I keep reading this thread with the intent to post & always run out of time.

Just to let you know it's appreciated & a note to self ; post something dammit Big Grin 2
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 13, 2015 1:23 pm

Chimpsky wrote:I keep reading this thread with the intent to post & always run out of time.

Just to let you know it's appreciated & a note to self ; post something dammit Big Grin 2
    When you finish that book you seem to be writing there you probably will find some more time Cheerful
    Thank you for passing by Chimp.
    See you soon.

Love from me
    mudra

Chimpsky
    Chimpsky

Post  Chimpsky Wed May 13, 2015 2:38 pm

mudra wrote:
    Chimpsky wrote:I keep reading this thread with the intent to post & always run out of time.

When you finish that book you seem to be writing there you probably will find some more time Cheerful
    Thank you for passing by Chimp.
    See you soon.

Love from me
    mudra

Odd you should say that, many a time I start to write something only to arrive at the end of my knowledge & a wall of ignorance.

It's like the universe saying "oh, so you really think you understand that eh ?"

So then I put it on "the back burner" in hope that more understanding will be forthcoming, only to find that life takes me off in a totally unexpected direction & what I wrote seems either irrelevant or from a perspective that is framing the subject in such a way as to limit understanding.

I have to suppose that is actually consciousness unfolding.

Enlightened

^^ lol the smilie is named mudra !
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 13, 2015 3:07 pm

Chimpsky wrote:

Odd you should say that, many a time I start to write something only to arrive at the end of my knowledge & a wall of ignorance.

It's like the universe saying "oh, so you really think you understand that eh ?"

So then I put it on "the back burner" in hope that more understanding will be forthcoming, only to find that life takes me off in a totally unexpected direction & what I wrote seems either irrelevant or from a perspective that is framing the subject in such a way as to limit understanding.

I have to suppose that is actually consciousness unfolding.

Enlightened

^^ lol the smilie is named mudra !

LOL
    We never know what we know until we know that we don't know and that ...
    is knowing my friend  Lmfao Consciousness playing tricks with itself indeed Chimp Cheerful

Way back then Carol imagined a smilie that would represent us members.
    The list was never completed though Wink To continue ...

Love from me
    mudra

And on a side note just came across these lines on a wall left by someone named  Kathy Grinnel.
    I thought they were so nice to put in my answer to you too :)

It's that one piece of the puzzle you want to find a place for that could nearly drive you mad without having done so, and then finally you think it might have it. But even if you are wrong, you know you will just keep trying to complete. I love those people who never let go.
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Post  B.B.Baghor Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:26 am

(Quote) "It's that one piece of the puzzle you want to find a place for that could nearly drive you mad without having done so, and then finally you think it might have it. But even if you are wrong, you know you will just keep trying to complete. I love those people who never let go".(end of quote)

Lolerz This quote above, says all about who I am and how I go about it, exploring life and.... consciousness, digging Earth and  scratch  Mad 1 at times due to frustration. Lately I picked up on reading the Law of One Book IV. This part, copied below, offers food for thought, regarding the question "What is consciousness?" In this part, the laws and conditions that rule human consciousness on planet Earth and the pitfalls, trials and initiations, based on free will, as a condition that fuels development of consciousness, are explained by Ra. It makes much sense to me, today.

The Law of One Book IV Ra material page 10:

"Questioner: I am going to ask some questions now that may be a little off the center of what we are trying to do. I’m not sure because I’m trying to, with these questions, unscramble something that I consider very basic to what we are doing. Please forgive my lack of ability in questioning since this is a difficult concept for me. Could you give me an idea of the length of the first and second densities as they occurred for this planet?

Ra: I am Ra. There is no method of estimation of the time/space before timelessness gave way in your first density. To the beginnings of your time,
    the measurement would be vast and yet this vastness is meaningless. Uponthe  entry into the constructed space/time your first density spanned a bridge of space/time and time/space of perhaps two billion of your years. Second density is more easily estimated and represents your longest density
    in terms of the span of space/time. We may estimate that time as approximately 4. 6 billion years. These approximations are exceedingly rough due to the somewhat uneven development which is characteristic of creations which are built upon the foundation stone of free will.

Questioner: Did you state that second density was 4.6 billion years? B, b-il? Is that correct?
    Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

Questioner: Then we have a third density that is, comparatively speaking, the twinkling of an eye, the snap of a finger in time compared to the others.
    Why is the third density cycled so extremely rapidly compared to the first and second?
    Ra: I am Ra. The third density is a choice.

Questioner: Third density, then, compared to the rest of the densities, all of them, is nothing but a uniquely short period of what we consider to be time
    and is for the purpose of this choice. Is this correct?
    Ra: I am Ra. This is precisely correct. The prelude to choice must encompass the laying of the foundation, the establishment of the illusion and the viability of that which can be made spiritually viable. The remainder of the densities is continuous refining of the choice. This also is greatly lengthened, as you would use the term. The choice is, as you put it, the work of a moment but is the axis upon which the creation turns.

Questioner: Is this third-density choice the same throughout all of the creation of which you are aware?
    Ra: I am Ra. We are aware of creations in which third density is lengthier and more space/time is given to the choosing. However, the proportions
    remain the same, the dimensions all being somewhat etiolated and weakened by the Logos to have a variant experience of the Creator. This
    creation is seen by us to be quite vivid.

Questioner: I didn’t understand what you meant by what you said “as seen by you to be quite vivid.” What did you mean?
    Ra: I am Ra. This creation is somewhat more condensed by its Logos than some other Logoi have chosen. Thus each experience of the Creator by
    theCreator in this system of distortions is, relatively speaking, more bright or, as we said, vivid.

Questioner: I am assuming that upon entry into third density, for this planet, disease did not exist in any form. Is this correct?
    Ra: I am Ra. This is incorrect.

Questioner: What disease or form of disease was there and why did this exist at the beginning of the third density?
    Ra: I am Ra. Firstly, that which you speak of as disease is a functional portion the body complex which offers the body complex the opportunity
    to cease viability. This is a desirable body complex function. The second portion of the answer has to do with second-density other-selves of a
    microscopic, as you would call it, size which have in some forms long existed and perform their service by aiding the physical body complex in its
    function of ceasing viability at the appropriate space/time.

Questioner: What I am trying to understand is the difference between the plan of the Logos for these second-density entities and the generation of
    what I would guess to be more or less a runaway array of feedback to create various physical problems to act as catalyst in our present third-density
    condition. Could you give me an indication of whether my thinking is anywhere near right on that?

Ra: I am Ra. This instrument’s physical body complex is becoming more distorted towards pain. We shall, therefore, speak to this subject as our last
    full query of this working. Your query contains some internal confusion which causes the answer to be perhaps more general than desired. We invite
    refinements of the query. The Logos planned for entities of mind/body/spirit complex to gain experience until the amount of experience was sufficient for an incarnation. This varied only slightly from second-density entities whose mind/body complexes existed for the purpose of experiencing growth and seeking consciousness. As the third density upon your planet proceeded, as has been discussed, the need for the physical body complex to cease became more rapidly approached due to intensified and more rapidly gained catalyst. This catalyst was not being properly assimilated. Therefore, the, shall we say, lifetimes needed to be shorter that learning might continue to occur with the proper rhythm and increment. Thus more and more opportunities have been offered as your density has progressed for disease. May we ask if there are further brief queries before we close?"

The Ra material in the Law of One bookseries is available for free, online.

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:18 pm