tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

"Women who run with wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes

B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

"Women who run with wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes Empty "Women who run with wolves" by Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Post  B.B.Baghor Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:28 pm

During my holiday in the South West of the UK, June 2013, I entered a famous bookshop in Totnes and found this book. It's been a great comfort on my journey, then and now. I present a part of it, so that you have an impression of Clarissa's style. It's a 1997 book, many women know of it, I guess. Who knows, men who wrestle with lions read it too Very Happy 

Clarissa's profound honoring of the cyclical nature of life and death, in this text here, resonates a lot with me, my moving through that cycle brings me to tears in letting go of old parts of my life. Learning to be compassionate with my dragons and befriend them.
    The writer seems to be able to tap from many sources of ancient wisdom and knowledge, assembled during her life-travels and storytelling, since her early youth.

On page 142 I read
    (quote) "In much of Western culture, the original character of the Death nature has been covered over by various dogmas and doctrines, until it is split off from its other half, Life. We have, erroneously, been trained to accept a broken form of one of the most profound and basic aspects of the wild nature. We have been taught that death is always followed by death. It is simply not so, death is always in the process of incubating new life, even when one's existence is cut down to the bones.Rather than seeing the archetypes of Death and Life, as opposites, they must be held together as the left and right side of a single thought.

It is true that in a single love relationship there are many endings. Yet, somehow, somewhere in the delicate layers of the being that is created, when two people love one another, there is both a heart and breath. While one side of the heart empties, the other half fills. When one breath runs out, another begins. I believe that the Life/Death/Life force has no stanza beyond death, it is no wonder that humans are frightened of commitment. They are terrified to go through even one ending.

They cannot bear to pass from the veranda into the inner rooms. They are fearful, for they sense that there, in the breakfast room of the house of love, sits lady Death, tapping her toe, folding and refolding her gloves. Before her is a work list, on one side, what is living, on the other side, what is dying. She means to carry through, she means to maintain a balance".(end of quote)

How about this? Imagine a smiley in your thymus, when getting up in the morning

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:35 am