tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?

mudra
    mudra

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Empty For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?

Post  mudra Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:13 am

Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes!

Stereograms are 3D images that have another dimension hidden within them. To unlock that dimension you need to trick your brain to either to make your eyes focus either beyound the image or before the image.

Stereogram was discovered by Charles Wheatstone in 1838. He found an explanation of binocular vision which led him to construct a stereoscope based on a combination of prisms and mirrors to allow a person to see 3D images from two 2D pictures.

Stereograms were re-popularized by the creation of autostereogram on computers, where an 3D image is hidden in a single 2D image, until the viewer focuses the eyes correctly. The Magic Eye series is a popular example of this. Magic Eye books refer to autostereograms as stereograms, leading most people to believe that the word stereogram is synonymous to autostereogram.

Salvador Dalí created some impressive stereograms in his exploration in a variety of optical illusions.

How to See Stereograms?

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Norm

When we usually look at anything, a picture, a cd or anything we focus on the object. This is how we have trained our eyes from the time we are born. Using this method we do not see the third dimension in Stereograms.

There are two methods where by we can see the hidden 3D images in sterograms.

One is the Parallel Method and the other is the Cross Eyed Method.

The Parallel Method:

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Parview

The Cross-Eyed Method:

The Cross Viewing method, can be enabled by focusing your eyes at a point before the image in the middle of it. This way the line of sight from each of your eyes cross in front of the image. When you use this method the muscles inside your eye that control the focusing lens contract strongly and shorten.

A Couple of my Favorite Stereograms:

I have tried staring at a Stereogram for hours and never managed to see it. Until my friend Warrel actually took the trouble of teaching me to do it. The first Stereogram is the one below.

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Spinning_tops

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Twisting-Star

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Clover_leaf

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Pine_tree

Sterograms In India:

Sterograms with Aum symols are available in India. These sterograms help in meditation, this kind of Mediatation is knows as Pranava Yantra.

It seems if you look into the sterograms for 3 – 5 minutes everyday they can have many beneficial effects such as:

Relax your mind

Improve concentration

Balance Emotions and Reduce Mental Tension

Enjoy Freedom from Worries and Anxiety

Cure headache, insomnia, high blood pressure, depression and other stress realated problems.

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Butterfly

Arrow http://fractalenlightenment.com/84/chill-out/stereograms-trick-your-eyes

Enjoy  Big Grin 3 

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Empty Re: For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?

Post  mudra Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:22 pm

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  6056_111
    For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  15222010

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  10440910

Cheerful 
    Love Always
    mudra
    Micjer
    Micjer

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Empty Re: For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?

Post  Micjer Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:24 pm

Wow those are beautiful. I like the squirrel one the best.

Thanks for posting. Thubs Up 
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:36 pm

Micjer wrote:Wow those are beautiful.  I like the squirrel one the best.

Thanks for posting. Thubs Up 

The squirrel is my favorite too Micjer  Cheerful 
    It's good to see you my friend.
    How have you been doing ?

Much Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:51 pm

An animated stereogram – works exactly the same, but now with animation!

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  STAnimatedShark

Love Always
    mudra
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:42 pm

Nice to see you also Mudra.

Hope you are well. Been very busy, so have been more of a lurker than a poster.

The above one took me a bit, but was well worth the effort. I won't spoil it for everyone so I won't say what it is.

Very cool how the mind works.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:06 pm

What's your technique to see them Micjer ?
    I discovered looking at them very closely and in a loose way until it kind of morphs a bit and then slowly
    enlarging the distance to the picture is working very easily and almost instantly.

Much Love for You
    mudra
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:30 am

I find that being about 2 feet away from screen is about the best distance.

Then I let my eyes go out of focus. Keep staring at picture for 20 to 40 seconds and magically the 3D image appears. cheers 
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:51 am

Micjer wrote:I find that being about 2 feet away from screen is about the best distance.

Then I let my eyes go out of focus.  Keep staring at picture for 20 to 40 seconds and magically the  3D image appears. cheers 

Seems you do the opposite of what I do .
    It's not easy to everyone to see these pictures but it's so much fun when we can.

Here is another one for you

Have a great day Micjer

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Mzl.mvgieghq.1024x1024-65

Love for You
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:07 am

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Get_off_my_bowl_by_3Dimka

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:09 am

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Naughty_or_nice__by_3dimka-d4jq748

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:11 am

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Emperor_Penguins__Stereogram_by_3Dimka

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:14 am

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Trans-rainbow

Love Always
    mudra
    Micjer
    Micjer

Post  Micjer Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Wow the pond one is intense.  3 levels sky, on pond, and under water!

I absolutely love the penguin one.  Feel like you are there with them. SAVE US!! Too funny

Thanks for sharing.  Love them.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Stereograms by Gary W. Priester & Gene Levine

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  6195bc10

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  6da59f11

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  00980210

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  1f8f7610

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:52 pm

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  12705687_1829044950655875_9069859815679125083_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:19 pm

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Leapfrog-Stereogram-by-Gene-Levine

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:20 pm

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Main-qimg-0dc8d16487e13d9edfe1837f0dd5edfc

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:22 pm

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  146c7877af1238f343a7d43c6201010b

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:09 am

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  B8ec6810

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  Ee9e3510

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  8dcb1510

For Fun : Stereograms: Trick Your Eyes! Can You see them ?  0d3d0910

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 am