tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

4 posters

The Mists of Avalon : Solidiers of Responsibility in a Galactic Rand Corporation?

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

The Mists of Avalon : Solidiers of Responsibility in a Galactic Rand Corporation? Empty The Mists of Avalon : Solidiers of Responsibility in a Galactic Rand Corporation?

Post  orthodoxymoron Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:41 am

I have no idea of what to do with this thread. I simply liked the title! Consider reading 'Soldiers of Reason' by Alex Abella -- regarding the Rand Corporation during the 'Cold War'. It is truly chilling.
    Floyd
    Floyd

The Mists of Avalon : Solidiers of Responsibility in a Galactic Rand Corporation? Empty Re: The Mists of Avalon : Solidiers of Responsibility in a Galactic Rand Corporation?

Post  Floyd Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Pharph
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

The Mists of Avalon : Solidiers of Responsibility in a Galactic Rand Corporation? Empty Re: The Mists of Avalon : Solidiers of Responsibility in a Galactic Rand Corporation?

Post  orthodoxymoron Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Indeed
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:42 pm

Indeed Oxy, f#cking great title!

The Winner
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:57 pm

Thank-you TRANCOSO. I once considered the Rand Corporation as a possible career goal -- but after reading 'Soldiers of Reason' I'm glad I didn't go there. Still, I like the basic concept of the Rand Corporation -- but I'd like to participate in something like the Mists -- but in an actual physical location -- with some very focused yet informal individuals -- regarding Galactic Issues -- using extensive research, marathon meetings, and supercomputers. But such a setting would probably be massively controlled, bugged, recorded, etc, etc, etc. Anyway, I think I'll just read some more Courtney Brown and the Holy Tablets. (sounds like a rock-group!)
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:22 am

Floyd wrote:Pharph

TRANCOSO wrote:Indeed Oxy, f#cking great title!

The Winner

Ortho, dont talk to strangers... from across the pond. They forgot we always build soldiers, corporations, it is our manija. BTW, where are you??

orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:39 pm

Talking to me might get one into a lot of trouble, Devakas. I live in the United States, but I'm trying to develop a Solar System Perspective. I just need to study every country and every planet. There's so much to do -- and I can't seem to do much of anything. I'm trying to mostly just read books and watch old sci-fi videos right now. I think I've said way too much already. Once again, I have an idealistic view of God -- but I still think that the Historical Theological Realities might be extremely dark and problematic. But really -- I don't know anything with much certainty at all. Namaste.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 am