tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

5 posters

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself

mudra
    mudra

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Empty Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself

Post  mudra Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:02 am

Orgonite 1/7 What it does and how to make it yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkeNeNaABNo

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Empty Re: Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself

Post  mudra Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:20 am

Orgonite : peacefull weapons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-H4UlDniOU

Love Always
    mudra
    Nenuphar
    Nenuphar

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Empty Re: Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself

Post  Nenuphar Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:10 am

Thank you for this thread, Mudra. Cheerful  I look forward to watching the videos!  

I recently started learning about orgonite and find it very interesting!  I would like to play with making some pieces and would like to experiment with it in my garden, too.  We also had a Smart Meter installed on our house last year, and it is located on the other side of our bedroom wall. (Boooo!!   Neutral  )  At this point, I don't know if there is anything to the claims about orgonite, but it will be fun finding out. If nothing else, I will end up with some pretty pieces!
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:05 pm

As we spoke of orgonite lately on the Bridge Way thread I remembered this thread I opened years ago.

Good timing to fuel the thread with more goodies.

https://youtu.be/pdcjZeu78Cs

Carol if you pass by it would nice to copy your recent post and add it here ☺

Love Always
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:16 pm

No problem mudra. Here's the info on the one I just purchased.

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Il_1588xN.1965616633_itn8
    Orgone Pyramid, EMF protection, Elite shungite, shungite beads,
    Obsidian sphere, deflect negativity, Metatrons Cube

https://www.etsy.com/listing/715810711/orgone-pyramid-emf-protection-elite?ref=related-3&pro=1&frs=1

Description from the creator of this beautiful piece.

Item details

Handmade

Materials: metatrons cube sticker, elite shungite, shungite beads, resin, copper, aluminum, obsidian sphere
    All Orgonites are made to order. This design will take 6 days from order to ship.

Dimension: 9.5cm x 9.5cm x 6.5cm
    Weight: Approx 260g

The Metaphysical Properties of the pyramid content:

Shungite

*A very powerful protection tool, especially useful in protection from EMFs as well as psychic protection
    *Carries strong purifying, cleansing and detoxifying properties.
    *Can be used to clear your body of any dysfunctional patterns,
    *Useful for both healing and protection
    *Eases anxiety, insomnia, and even inflammation or acne.
    *Helps with detoxifying and purifying your body by absorbing and eliminating any negative energies

Obsidian:

*Effective in stabilizing and grounding scattered energy
    *Restoring harmony to the root chakra
    *Absorb, shield against negative energies from the environment and blocks psychic attacks.
    *Help in digestion and with other digestive problems
    *Release stress and tension and replace it with calm and relaxation

Copper CU:
    It is an effective conductor of energy. It is also believed as an element that boosts blood circulation, increases energy and detoxifies and revitalizes our body. When used with crystals, it enhances and intensifies the vibration which makes the orgonite a powerful healing aid during meditation

Aluminium:
    There is a calming effect on nervousness, fears, and feelings of guilts which helps regain from loss of identity or finding ourselves again, and who we really are and our task in life. It encourages a sense of reality, soberness and alertness at any given moment.

Symbol of Metatron's Cube:
    Deriving from the centre of each of the circles in flower of life, it is another sacred geometric shape which has a long history in art and architecture and can be spotted in some of the oldest cities and buildings in the world. It is believed that the Metatron’s Cube shape holds all possible laws and patterns for creation and reality. Holding the pyramid with this symbol during meditation will provide you with inner peace and spirituality.

Benefits of Orgonites®

-Neutralizes EMF radiation
    -Promotes better sleep
    -Deepens Meditation
    -Improves plants growth
    -Prolongs freshness of food
    -Inspires better mood
    -Enhances spiritual growth
    -Increases energy
    -Enhances Lucid Dreaming
    -Great Healing Gift
    -Releases Stress

I'm a Reiki Master, energy healer, and animal communicator. Making orgonites® is a blessing from the Universe as it is a self-healing process as well. Each of them is infused with positive vibes and love beginning from the design, hand picking crystals through handmaking each and every element in the orgonite®. My studio, crystals and myself are cleansed and blessed with the healing sound of the Tibetan singing bowl. With all the benefits people have experienced, Orgonites® are great gifts! You want them in every room or next to appliances that release EMF radiation especially cell phones and routers, they are also great home decor item for those who love crystals.

Each orgone healing product is handmade from scratch with abundance attention to details and care so each of them is unique and not likely to be 100% identical. I will send you a piece which I myself would be glad to receive. In any case, you are not satisfied with the piece, I'm more than happy to communicate. Kindly note that buyers will be responsible for freight on return and exchanges.

Packaging: Each orgonite will be carefully wrapped, place in a velvet pouch and a black gift box sealed. The product will arrive in an outer postal box.

How to Clean and Charge the Orgonite:
    Since the Orgonite will travel a long way before it reaches you, It is recommended to cleanse and charge it by leaving the device under the sun for 20-30 mins. It does not require regular cleansing however if you wish to give the stone a boost once in a while, you could place it under the sun for 10-15 mins, or invoke for higher power and visualize that the device is boosted.

Where to place your Orgonite:
    The general rule of thumb is to place the orgonite closest to where you want the most positive effect. For instance next to the plant, cell phone, on top of a WIFI router, microwave, bedside table, or under the pillow to promote better sleep. If it is a smaller device, you could carry it with you wherever you go!

We sincerely hope that our orgone devices bring you Joy, Harmony and Peace!

Warning: Orgone Pyramids have pointed edges, please handle with caution, it must be kept out of reach from children.

Atma Namaste!

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Il_1588xN.1056004835_qn8t

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:13 am

Flowers You are an angel Carol.
    And let us know how it's working for you Cheerful

Love from me
    mudra
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Post  ClearWater Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:48 am

Thank you Carol and mudra for the recent postings on Orgonite. Somehow I managed to forget about it over the years. I’ve just ordered 2 pyramid’s from the same gentleman. cheers

Last edited by ClearWater on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:49 pm

ClearWater wrote:Thank you Carol and mudra for the recent postings on Organite. Somehow I managed to forget about it over the years. I’ve just ordered 2 pyramid’s from the same gentleman. cheers

Life is so kind it gently whispers it to us when the time is ripe Cheerful

That Life meter this chap is using in the video I posted yesterday above is well worth having a look at as well.

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:39 am

Technical Guide:
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/2084757/Ex...o-the-Joe-Cell

for more info view
    http://www.projectavalon.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=18329

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18344

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilhelm_Reich Wilhelm Reich (March 24, 1897 – November 3, 1957) was an Austrian-American psychiatrist and psychoanalyst, known as one of the most radical figures in the history of psychiatry. He was the author of several notable books, including The Mass Psychology of Fascism and Character Analysis, both published in 1933.[1]

Reich worked with Sigmund Freud in the 1920s and was a respected analyst for much of his life, focusing on character structure rather than on individual neurotic symptoms.[2] He tried to reconcile Marxism and psychoanalysis, arguing that neurosis is rooted in the physical, sexual, economic, and social conditions of the patient, and promoted adolescent sexuality, the availability of contraceptives, abortion, and divorce, and the importance for women of economic independence. His work influenced a generation of intellectuals, including Saul Bellow, William S. Burroughs, Paul Edwards, Norman Mailer, and A. S. Neill, and shaped innovations such as Fritz Perls's Gestalt therapy, Alexander Lowen's bioenergetic analysis, and Arthur Janov's primal therapy.[3]

Later in life he became a controversial figure who was both adored and condemned. He began to violate some of the key taboos of psychoanalysis, developing body psychotherapy, using touch during sessions, and treating patients in their underwear to improve their "orgastic potency." He said he had discovered a primordial cosmic energy, which he said others called "God" and that he called "orgone." He built orgone energy accumulators that his patients sat inside to harness the reputed health benefits, leading to newspaper stories about sex boxes that cured cancer.[4]

Reich was living in Germany when Adolf Hitler came to power in January 1933. On March 2 that year the Nazi newspaper,Völkischer Beobachter, published an attack on one of Reich's pamphlets, The Sexual Struggle of Youth.[5] He left immediately for Vienna, then Scandinavia, moving to the United States in 1939. In 1947, following a series of articles about orgone in The New Republic and Harper's, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) obtained an injunction against the interstate sale of orgone accumulators.[6] Charged with contempt for violating it, Reich conducted his own defense, which involved asking the judge to read his books and arguing that a court was no place to decide matters of science. He was sentenced to two years in prison, and in August 1956 several tons of his publications were burned by the FDA, one of the most notable examples of censorship in the history of the United States.[2] He died in jail of heart failure just over a year later, days before he was due to apply for parole.[7]

Reich was born the first of two sons to Leon Reich, a prosperous farmer, and Cecilia Roniger, in Dobrzanica, a village in Galicia, then part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. His father was by all accounts strict, cold, and jealous. He was Jewish, but Reich was later at pains to point out that his father had moved away from Judaism and had not raised his children as Jews; Reich wasn't even allowed to play with Yiddish-speaking children.[8] As an adult, Reich corrected anyone who referred to him as a Jew. His biographer, Myron Sharaf, writes that this was in part because of his rejection of what he called "Jewish chauvinism," in part because he disliked being forced into any position he had not chosen for himself, and in part because he never wanted to be an outsider.[9]

Shortly after his birth, the family moved south to a farm in Jujinetz, near Chernivtsi, Bukovina, where Reich's father took control of a cattle farm owned by his mother's uncle, Josef Blum. Reich attributed his later interest in the study of sex and the biological basis of the emotions to his upbringing on the farm where, as he later put it, the natural life functions were never hidden from him.[10] He also spoke of having witnessed the family maid having intercourse with her boyfriend, and asking her later if he could "play" the part of the lover. He said that, by the time he was four years old, there were no secrets about sex for him;[8] in his early memoirs, Passion of Youth, he writes that he had intercourse for the first time at the age of 11½, though elsewhere said that he was 13.[11]

'I had read somewhere that lovers get rid of any intruder, so with wild fantasies in my brain I slipped back to my bed, my joy of life shattered, torn apart in my inmost being for my whole life!' — Wilhelm Reich.[12]

He was taught at home until he was 12, when his mother committed suicide after she was discovered having an affair with Reich's tutor, who lived with the family. Her death was particularly brutal: she drank a common household cleaner, which left her in great pain for days before she died.[13][14]

Reich wrote in 1920 about how deeply his mother's affair had affected him. Night after night he followed her as she crept to the tutor's bedroom. He stood outside listening, feeling ashamed, angry, and jealous. He wondered if they would kill him if they found out, and briefly thought of forcing her to have sex with him too. Torn between wanting to protect her, but also to tell his father, he later blamed himself for her death, waking in the night overwhelmed by the thought that he had killed her. The tutor was sent away, leaving Reich without a mother or a teacher, and with a powerful sense of guilt.[13]

He was sent to the all-male Czernowitz gymnasium, excelling at Latin, Greek, and the natural sciences. It appears to have been during this period that a skin condition developed that plagued him for the rest of his life. When it began is unclear, but it was diagnosed as psoriasis; Sharaf speculates that it may have been triggered by his mother's suicide. He was given medication that contained arsenic, now known to make psoriasis worse.

His father was devastated by his wife's suicide.[15] In or around 1914, he took out a life insurance policy, then stood for hours in a cold pond, apparently fishing, but in fact intending to commit slow suicide, according to Reich and his brother, Robert.[16] He contracted pneumonia and tuberculosis, and died in 1914. Despite the insurance policy, no money was forthcoming.[16]

Reich managed the farm and continued with his studies, graduating in 1915 mit Stimmeneinhelligkeit (unanimous approval). In the summer of that year, the Russians invaded Bukovina and the Reich brothers fled to Vienna, losing everything. In his Passion of Youth, Reich wrote: "I never saw either my homeland or my possessions again. Of a well-to-do past, nothing was left."

Reich joined the Austro-Hungarian Army after school, serving from 1915–18, for the last two years as a lieutenant. When the war ended in 1918, he entered the medical school at the University of Vienna. As an undergraduate, he was drawn to the work of Sigmund Freud. The men first met in 1919 when Reich visited Freud to obtain literature for a seminar on sexology, Freud making a strong impression on him. He became one of Freud's favorite students.[17] Freud allowed him to start seeing analytic patients in 1920, when Reich was accepted as a guest member of the Vienna Psychoanalytic Association, becoming a regular member in October that year at the age of 23.[18] He was allowed to complete his six-year medical degree in four years because he was a war veteran, and received his M.D. in July 1922.[19]

Reich worked in internal medicine at University Hospital, Vienna, and studied neuropsychiatry from 1922-24 at the Neurological and Psychiatric Clinic under Professor Julius Wagner-Jauregg. In 1922, he set up private practice as a psychoanalyst, and became a clinical assistant, and later deputy director of Freud's Psychoanalytic Polyclinic. He joined the faculty of the Psychoanalytic Institute in Vienna in 1924, conducted research into the social causes of neurosis, and became Deputy Director of Training.[17]

It was in Vienna that he met Annie Pink, a medical student who came to him for analysis, and who later became an analyst herself. They married on March 17, 1922, when she was 20 and Reich one week short of 25, with Otto Fenichel as a witness.[20] The marriage produced two daughters, Eva in 1924 and Lore in 1928.[21] They moved to Berlin in 1930, where he set up clinics in working-class areas, taught sex education, and published pamphlets. He joined the Communist Party of Germany, and his book, The Sexual Revolution, was published in Vienna, but he became too outspoken for the communists, and was expelled from the German party in 1933 and a year later from its Danish counterpart. He was also expelled from the International Psychoanalytical Association in 1934 for political militancy.[22]

Reich had several affairs during his marriage, including one with his wife's friend, Lia Lasky, in 1927. He and his wife finally separated in 1933 after he began a serious relationship in May 1932 with Elsa Lindenburg, a choreographer and dance therapist, trained in Laban movement analysis, and a pupil of Elsa Gindler. He and Lindenburg were living in Germany when Hitler became Chancellor in January 1933. On March 2, the Nazi newspaper Völkischer Beobachter published an attack on Reich's Der Sexuale Kampf der Jugend (The Sexual Struggle of Youth).[5] He was derided as a womanizer, a communist, and a Jew who advocated free love. He and Lindenburg left for Vienna the next day. They moved to Scandinavia, first to Denmark where Reich was accused of corrupting Danish youth with German sexology, then to Sweden, and in the Fall of 1934 to Norway.[23]

Reich's home in Drammensveien near Olaf Kyrres plass at Frogner, Oslo. A blue plaque reads: "The physician and psychoanalyst WILHELM REICH (1897-1957) lived and worked here 1935–39. Developed character analysis and the body-oriented therapy."
    Reich stayed in Norway for five years, working under the auspices of Professor Schjelderup of the Psychological Institute at the University of Oslo. He first presented the principles of his vegetotherapy in a paper called "Psychic contact and vegetative current" in August 1934 at the 13th International Congress of Psychoanalysis at Lucerne, Switzerland, and went on to develop the technique between 1935 and 1940. Vegetotherapy involves the patient physically simulating the effects of certain emotions in the hope of triggering them. Reich argued that the ability to feel sexual love depended on a physical ability to have sexual intercourse with what he called "orgastic potency." He tried to measure the male orgasm, noting that four distinct phases occurred physiologically: first, the psycho-sexual buildup or tension; second, the tumescence of the penis, with an accompanying electrical charge that Reich measured; third, an electrical discharge at the moment of orgasm; and fourth, the relaxation of the penis. He believed the force that he measured was a distinct type of energy present in all life forms.[24]

He was a prolific writer for psychoanalytic journals in Europe. Originally, psychoanalysis was focused on the treatment of neurotic symptoms. Reich's Character Analysis was a major step in the development of what today is called ego psychology. In Reich's view, a person's entire character, not only individual symptoms, could be looked at and treated as a neurotic phenomenon. The book also introduced his theory of body armoring. Reich argued that unreleased psycho-sexual energy could produce actual physical blocks within muscles and organs, and that these blocks act as a body armor preventing the release of the energy. An orgasm was one way to break through the armor. These ideas developed into a general theory of the importance of a healthy sex life to overall well-being, a theory compatible with Freud's views. His idea was that the orgasm was not simply a device to aid procreation, but was the body's emotional energy regulator. The better the orgasm, the more energy was released, meaning that less was available to create neurotic states. Reich called the ability to release sufficient energy during orgasm "orgastic potency," something that very few individuals could achieve, he argued, because of society's sexual oppression. A man or woman without orgastic potency was in a constant state of tension, developing a body armor to keep it in. The outer rigidity and inner anxiety is the state of neurosis, leading to hate, sadism, greed, fascism and antisemitism.[23]

He agreed with Freud that sexual development was the origin of mental illness. They both believed that most psychological states were dictated by unconscious processes, that infant sexuality develops early but is repressed, and that this repression has important consequences for mental health. At that time a Marxist (see Freudo-Marxism), Reich argued that the source of sexual repression was bourgeois morality and the socio-economic structures that produced it. As sexual repression was the cause of the neuroses, the best cure was an active, guilt-free sex life. He argued that such a liberation could come about only through a morality not imposed by a repressive economic structure.[25] In 1928, he joined the Austrian Communist Party and founded the Socialist Association for Sexual Counseling and Research, which organized counseling centers for workers.

From 1934-39, Reich conducted experiments looking at vegetative energy in the body, especially the Galvanic skin response, which became research into the origins of life. These he called the "Bion Experiments." He examined protozoa, single-celled creatures with nuclei. He grew cultured vesicles using grass, sand, iron, and animal tissue, boiling them, and adding potassium and gelatin. Having heated the materials to incandescence with a heat-torch, he noted bright, glowing, blue vesicles, which, he said, could be cultured, and which gave off an observable radiant energy. He named the vesicles "bions" and believed they were a rudimentary form of life, halfway between life and non-life. When he poured the cooled mixture onto growth media, bacteria were born, he said, dismissing the idea that the bacteria were already present in the air or on other materials.[26]

In 1936, Reich wrote that "[s]ince everything is antithetically arranged, there must be two different types of single-celled organisms: (a) life-destroying organisms or organisms that form through organic decay, (b) life-promoting organisms that form from inorganic material that comes to life."[27] This idea of spontaneous generation led him to believe he had found the cause of cancer. He called the life-destroying organisms "T-bacilli," with the T standing for Tod, German for death. He described in The Cancer Biopathy how he had found them in a culture of rotting cancerous tissue obtained from a local hospital. He wrote that T-bacilli were formed from the disintegration of protein; they were 0.2 to 0.5 micrometer in length, shaped like lancets, and when injected into mice, they caused inflammation and cancer. He concluded that, when orgone energy diminishes in cells through aging or injury, the cells undergo "bionous degeneration," or death. At some point, the deadly T-bacilli start to form in the cells. Death from cancer, he believed, was caused by an overwhelming growth of the T-bacilli.

From 1930 onwards, Reich became more interested in his patients' physical responses during therapy sessions, and toward the late 1930s, he began to treat patients outside the limits of psychoanalysis's restrictions, though well within the scope of general medicine. He began to sit next to his patients, rather than behind them, in order to make stronger 'contact.' He started touching them, to both increase awareness of tension and contraction and to relieve it directly. He would ask his male patients to undress down to their shorts, and sometimes to undress entirely, and his female patients down to their underclothes. He began talking to them, answering their questions, rather than the stock, "Why do you ask?" analyst's response.[28]

From a psychoanalytic point of view, this undermined the position of neutrality. The analyst is meant to be a blank screen onto which the patient projects his old desires, loves, hates, and neurosis—a process known as transference. Reich wrote that the psychoanalytic taboos reinforced the neurotic taboos of the patient. He slowly broke away from them, writing that he wanted his patients to see him as human.[29] He would press hard on their "body armor," his thumb or the palm of his hand pressing on their jaws, necks, chests, backs, or thighs, aiming to dissolve their muscular, and thereby characterological, rigidity.[30] He wanted to see their movements soften, their breathing ease. This dissolution of the "body armor" also brought back the repressed memory of the childhood situation that had caused the repression, he wrote. If the session worked as intended, he wrote that he could see waves of pleasure move through their bodies, a series of spontaneous, involuntary movements. Reich called these the "orgasm reflex." The two goals of Reichian therapy became the attainment of this orgasm reflex during therapy, and orgastic potency during intercourse. Reich called the flow of energy that he said he observed in his patients' bodies, "bio-electricity," and considered calling his therapy "orgasmotherapy," but thought better of it for political reasons.[31]

Scientists in Oslo reacted strongly to his work on bions, deriding it as nonsense. Tidens Tegn, a leading liberal newspaper, launched a campaign against him in 1937, supported by scientists and other newspapers.[23] Between September 1937 and the fall of 1938, over 100 articles denouncing him appeared in the main Oslo newspapers.[32]

In 1937, Leiv Kreyberg, the country's top cancer specialist, was allowed to examine one of Reich's bion preparations under the microscope. Kreyberg wrote that the broth Reich had used as his culture medium was indeed sterile, but that the bacteria were ordinary staphylococci. He concluded that Reich's control measures to prevent infection from airborne bacteria were not as foolproof as Reich believed. Kreyberg accused Reich of being ignorant of basic bacteriological and anatomical facts, while Reich accused Kreyberg of having failed to recognize living cancer cells under magnification. Thus, Sharaf writes, an opportunity for scientific exchange degenerated into name-calling.[26]

Reich sent a sample of the bacteria to another Norwegian biologist, Professor Thjötta of the Oslo Bacteriological Institute, who also said they resulted from air infection. Kreyberg and Thjötta had their views published in Aftenposten on April 19 and 21, 1938, Kreyberg referring to him as "Mr. Reich," alleging that Reich knew less about bacteria and anatomy than a first-year medical student. When Reich requested a detailed control study, Kreyberg responded that his work did not merit it.[26]

Reich's The Bion Experiments on the Origin of Life was published in 1938, leading to attacks by the scientific and lay press that he was a "Jew pornographer," who was daring to meddle with the origins of life. Alan Cantwell writes that Reich's detractors focused on one paragraph in which Reich wrote that his research had "proved particularly fruitful for an understanding of cancer," which led to the claim that he was promoting a quack cancer cure.[24]

By February 1938, his visa had expired. Several Norwegian scientists argued against an extension, Kreyberg saying, "If it is a question of handing Dr. Reich over to the Gestapo, then I will fight that, but if one could get rid of him in a decent manner, that would be the best." The writer Sigurd Hoel wondered when it had become a crime to perform amateurish biological experiments. "When did it become a reason for deportation that one looked in a microscope when one was not a trained biologist?" Reich received influential support from overseas, first from Bronisław Malinowski, who wrote to the Norwegian press in March 1938 that Reich's sociological work was a "distinct and valuable contribution to science," and from A.S. Neill, founder of Summerhill in England, a progressive school known throughout the world. Neill also wrote to the Norwegian press, arguing that "the campaign against Reich seems largely ignorant and uncivilized, more like fascism than democracy ..." Norway was proud of its intellectual tolerance, so the "Reich affair" put the government on the spot. A compromise was therefore found. Reich was given his visa, but a royal decree was issued stipulating that anyone wanting to practice psychoanalysis needed a licence, and it was widely understood that Reich would not be given one. Throughout the affair, Reich issued just one public statement, when he asked for a commission to replicate his bion experiments. Sharaf writes that the scientific opposition to his work affected his personality and relationships. He was angered and humiliated by the notoriety he had inadvertently achieved. His self-confidence undermined, he felt like a marked man, hunted and tormented, no longer comfortable in public, and seething with bitterness against the researchers who had denounced him.[32]

Sharaf writes that, at a personal level, 1934–1937 was the happiest period of Reich's life. His relationship with Elsa Lindenberg was good and he considered marrying her. When she became pregnant in 1935, they were initially overjoyed, buying clothes and furniture for the child, but doubts developed for Reich, who felt the future was too unsettled. Sharaf writes that, to Elsa's great distress, Reich insisted on an abortion, at that time illegal. They went to Berlin, where Edith Jacobson, a psychoanalyst, helped to arrange it.[33]

In 1937, Reich began an affair with a female patient, an actress who was the ex-wife of a colleague. She had entered therapy with the explicit intention of seducing him, which he told her was impossible, but she succeeded. The analysis stopped because of the relationship, then the relationship ended and the analysis began again. She eventually threatened to go to the press, but was persuaded that it would harm her at least as much as him. When a colleague asked him why he had behaved this way, he replied, "A man must do foolish things sometimes."[34] He also had an affair with Gerd Bergersen, a 25-year-old Norwegian textile designer.[35]

During the same period, as the newspaper campaign against him gained pace, he suddenly developed intense jealousy toward Elsa, demanding that she share his work with him, and not have a separate life of any kind. He even physically assaulted a composer she was working with on some choreography. Elsa briefly considered calling the police but decided Reich couldn't afford another scandal. His behavior took its toll on their relationship, and when Reich asked her to accompany him to the U.S., she said no, writing later that it was the hardest "no" she had ever had to say.[36]

In March 1938, Hitler annexed Austria. Reich's ex-wife and daughters had already left Austria for the U.S. Later that year, an American psychiatrist at Columbia Medical School, Theodore P. Wolfe, traveled to Norway to study under Reich. Wolfe offered to help Reich settle in the U.S., and managed to arrange an official invitation from The New School in New York. Wolfe and Walter Briehl, an old student of Reich's, put up several thousand dollars to guarantee Reich's salary. Wolfe also pulled strings with Adolph Berle, an official in the U.S. State Department. He finally received his visa in August 1939, and sailed out of Norway on August 19 on the Stavenger Fjord, the last boat to leave for the States before the war began on September 3.[37]

He began teaching at The New School, where he remained for two years, living first at 75-02 Kessel Street, Forest Hills, Queens, then settling into a two-story brick house at 9906 69th Avenue in the same area. It had a basement that he used for animal experiments, a large room on the first floor that served as an office, dining room, living room, and a place for his seminar students every other week. The dining room became his laboratory. Two bedrooms on the top floor were shared by his maid and his secretary, Gertrud Gaasland, and three rooms on the second floor became Reich's bedroom and therapy rooms.[38]

It was Gertrud Gaasland who introduced him to Ilse Ollendorf, 29 years old at the time. Reich was still in love with Elsa, but Ilse threw herself into organizing Reich's life for him, taking over the secretarial and bookkeeping tasks, learning laboratory techniques, and showing herself willing to mold herself completely to his lifestyle, something Elsa had been unwilling to do. They began living together on Christmas Day 1939, and she began to work for him on January 2, 1940. They had a son, Peter, in 1944, and were married in 1946.[39][40]

Reich's personality changed after the onslaught of the press in Oslo. He became socially isolated, and decided to keep his distance even from old friends and his ex-wife. He told a friend he was going to follow the "remarkable law": be distant, even a little haughty, withhold love, and then people will respect you. His students in the U.S. came to know him as a man that no colleague, no matter how close, called by his first name. He wrote to Elsa in January 1940 breaking off their relationship once and for all, telling her that he was in despair, and that he believed he would end up dying like a dog.[41]

Rumors had been rife since the late 1920s that he was mentally ill in some way, and had even been hospitalized, though Sharaf writes that he had not. He was seen as paranoid, remote, belligerent, and fanatical. Sharaf writes that psychoanalysts have had a tendency to dismiss as ill anyone from within the fold who has digressed, and that never was this done so relentlessly or destructively as with Reich. His work was split into the pre-psychotic "good" Reich, and the post-psychotic "bad," the date of the illness's onset depending on which parts of his work a speaker disliked. Psychoanalysts wanted to see him as sane in the 1920s because of his solid work on character; political radicals regarded him as sane during the 1930s because of his Marxist-oriented psychology research.[42]

Freud had argued that there was a sexual energy called libido, which he initially described as "something which is capable of increase, decrease, displacement and discharge, and which extends itself over the memory traces of an idea like an electric charge over the surface of the body," but by 1925 he had rejected the idea that it was a physical energy.[19] Reich took the idea further, arguing that he had discovered a primordial cosmic energy. He called it "orgone," and the study of it "orgonomy."

Orgone is blue in color, he wrote, omnipresent, can be seen with the naked eye, and is responsible for such things as weather, the color of the sky, gravity, the formation of galaxies, and the biological expressions of emotion and sexuality. He argued that St. Elmo's Fire is a manifestation of it, as is the blue color of sexually excited frogs. Red corpuscles, plant chlorophyll, gonadal cells, protozoa, and cancer cells are all charged with orgone, he said.[23]

He argued that humankind had previously split its knowledge of orgone in two: "ether" for its mechanistic, physical aspects, and "God" for the spiritual, the subjective.[43] He wrote that, "God-Father is the basic cosmic energy from which all being stems, and which streams through (the) body as through anything else in existence."[44]

In 1940, he built boxes called "orgone accumulators" to concentrate atmospheric orgone. Some of the boxes were for lab animals, and some were large enough for a human being to sit inside. Composed of alternating layers of ferrous metals and organic insulators with a high dielectric constant, the accumulators had the appearance of a large, hollow capacitor. Based on experiments with them, he argued that orgone energy was a negatively-entropic force in nature responsible for concentrating and organizing matter. The construction of the boxes caught the attention of the press, leading to wild rumors that they were "sex boxes" that caused uncontrollable erections.[24]

According to Reich's theory, illness was primarily caused by depletion or blockages of the orgone energy within the body. He conducted clinical tests of the orgone accumulator on people suffering from a variety of illnesses. The patient would sit within the accumulator and absorb the "concentrated orgone energy." He built smaller, more portable accumulator-blankets of the same layered construction for application to parts of the body. The effects observed were said to boost the immune system, even to the point of destroying certain types of tumors, though Reich was hesitant to claim this constituted a cure. The orgone accumulator was also tested on mice with cancer, and on plant-growth, the results convincing Reich that the benefits of orgone therapy could not be attributed to a placebo effect.[citation needed] He had, he believed, developed a grand unified theory of physical and mental health, a claim regarded by the psychoanalytic community as quackery.[45]

In December 1944, Reich began the 20th (Roman numeral XX) in his series of bion experiments.[46] He filtered all the earth out of an earth bion preparation so that all that remained was clear yellow water, then buried the test tube outdoors in the frozen ground. When he retrieved it three weeks later and examined it under a microscope, he saw pulsating plasmatic flakes. Since the yellow water had not contained visible particulates before it had been frozen, Reich concluded that free orgone energy had condensed out to form the lifelike flakes. This experiment formed the basis for Reich's later theory that all matter in the universe had derived from orgone energy via cosmic superimposition.[47]

Reich posited a conjugate, life-annulling energy in opposition to orgone, which he dubbed Deadly Orgone Radiation or DOR. He wrote that accumulations of DOR played a role in desertification, and he designed a "cloudbuster" with which he said he could manipulate streams of orgone energy in the atmosphere to induce rain by forcing clouds to form and disperse. It was a set of hollow metal pipes and cables inserted into water, which Reich argued created a stronger orgone energy field than was in the atmosphere, the water drawing the atmospheric orgone through the pipes.[19]

Reich conducted dozens of experiments with the cloudbuster[citation needed], calling the research "Cosmic Orgone Engineering." In 1953, a drought threatened Maine's blueberry crop, and several farmers offered to pay Reich if he could make it rain. The weather bureau had reportedly forecast no rain for several days when Reich began the experiment at 10 a.m. on July 6, 1953. The Bangor Daily News reported on July 24:

Dr. Reich and three assistants set up their "rain-making" device off the shore of Grand Lake, near the Bangor hydro-electric dam ... The device, a set of hollow tubes, suspended over a small cylinder, connected by a cable, conducted a "drawing" operation for about an hour and ten minutes ...

According to a reliable source in Ellsworth the following climactic changes took place in that city on the night of July 6 and the early morning of July 7: "Rain began to fall shortly after ten o'clock Monday evening, first as a drizzle and then by midnight as a gentle, steady rain. Rain continued throughout the night, and a rainfall of 0.24 inches was recorded in Ellsworth the following morning."

A puzzled witness to the "rain-making" process said: "The queerest looking clouds you ever saw began to form soon after they got the thing rolling." And later the same witness said the scientists were able to change the course of the wind by manipulation of the device.[48]

The blueberry crop survived, the farmers declared themselves satisfied, and Reich received his fee.[19]

Reich discussed orgone accumulators with Albert Einstein in 1941. On December 30, 1940, Reich wrote to Albert Einstein saying he had a scientific discovery he wanted to discuss, and on January 13, 1941 went to visit Einstein in Princeton. They talked for five hours, and Einstein agreed to test an orgone accumulator, which Reich had constructed out of a Faraday cage made of galvanized steel and insulated by wood and paper on the outside.[49] Einstein agreed that if, as Reich suggested, an object's temperature could be raised without an apparent heating source, it would be a "bombshell" in physics.[50]

Reich supplied Einstein with a small accumulator during their second meeting, and Einstein performed the experiment in his basement, which involved taking the temperature atop, inside, and near the device. He also stripped the device down to its Faraday cage to compare temperatures. In his attempt to replicate Reich's findings, Einstein observed a rise in temperature,[51] which Reich argued was caused by the orgone energy that had accumulated inside the Faraday cage.[52] However, one of Einstein's assistants pointed out that the temperature was lower on the floor than on the ceiling.[53] Following that remark, Einstein modified the experiment and, as a result, concluded that the effect was simply due to the temperature gradient inside the room.[54] He wrote back to Reich, describing his experiments and expressing the hope that Reich would develop a more skeptical approach.[55]

Reich responded with a 25-page letter to Einstein, expressing concern that "convection from the ceiling" would join "air germs" and "Brownian movement" to explain away new findings.[52] The correspondence between Reich and Einstein was published by Reich's press as The Einstein Affair in 1953, possibly without Einstein's permission.[56]

On December 12, 1941, five days after Pearl Harbor, Reich was arrested at his home at 2 a.m. by the FBI, and taken to Ellis Island, where he was held for over three weeks, because he was an immigrant with a communist background. He was furious, and blamed his first wife, with whom he had a very poor relationship, for having reported him in some way, though there is no evidence that she was involved. His psoriasis erupted, and his doctor persuaded the authorities to transfer him to the hospital ward, where Ilse was allowed to visit him twice a week. Wolfe and a lawyer did their best to find out what the charge was, Wolfe traveling several times to Washington to protest, but it was not until December 26 that a hearing was held, and still it remained unclear why he had been picked up. He was questioned about several books the FBI had found in his home, including Hitler's Mein Kampf, Trotsky's My Life, and a Russian alphabet book for children. Eventually Reich threatened to go on hunger strike, and he was released on January 5, 1942. The FBI released 789 pages of its files on Reich in 2000, which said:

This German immigrant described himself as the Associate Professor of Medical Psychology, Director of the Orgone Institute, President and research physician of the Wilhelm Reich Foundation and discoverer of biological or life energy. A 1940 security investigation was begun to determine the extent of Reich's communist commitments. A board of Alien Enemy Hearing judged that Dr. Reich was not a threat to the security of the U.S.[57]

Using money from his income as a therapist, and contributions from students, Reich purchased an old farm near Dodge Pond, Maine in November 1942. He called the 160 acres (0.65 km²) of fields, forests, and hills "Orgonon". He built a laboratory there in 1945, and in 1948 began construction of the Orgone Energy Observatory, which included another laboratory, a library, and observation decks to study atmospheric orgone.[19]

Until 1947, Reich enjoyed a largely uncritical press in the U.S. His psychotherapy practice was flourishing, his psychoanalytic theories were taught in universities and discussed in the Journal of the American Medical Association and the American Journal of Psychiatry. He was listed in American Men of Science, and The Nation gave his writing positive reviews. Only one science journal, Psychosomatic Medicine, had criticized him, calling his ideas about orgone a "surrealist creation."[23]

His reputation took a sudden downturn in May 1947. On May 26, an article by freelance writer Mildred Edie Brady appeared in The New Republic, entitled "The Strange Case of Wilhelm Reich", with the subhead, "The man who blames both neuroses and cancer on unsatisfactory sexual activities has been repudiated by only one scientific journal."[23] Brady wrote: "Orgone, named after the sexual orgasm, is, according to Reich, a cosmic energy. It is, in fact, the cosmic energy. Reich has not only discovered it; he has seen it, demonstrated it and named a town—Orgonon, Maine—after it. Here he builds accumulators of it, which are rented out to patients, who presumably derive 'orgastic potency' from it."[23] Sharaf writes that the implication was clear: the accumulators gave orgastic potency, the lack of which causes cancer. Therefore, the claim for the accumulators was that they cured cancer. Brady argued that the "growing Reich cult" had to be dealt with.[58]

The regulation and advertising of medical devices is shared and coordinated by the Federal Trade Commission and the Food and Drug Administration. On July 23, Dr. J.J. Durrett, director of the Medical Advisory Division of the Federal Trade Commission, wrote to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) asking them to look into Reich's claims about the health benefits of orgone.[59] The FDA assigned an investigator to the case, who learned that Reich had built 250 accumulators; the FDA concluded that they were dealing with a "fraud of the first magnitude."[60] Sharaf writes that the FDA suspected a sexual racket of some kind; questions were asked about the women associated with orgonomy and "what was done with them."[61]

'I would like to plead for my right to investigate natural phenomena without having guns pointed at me. I also ask for the right to be wrong without being hanged for it.' — Wilhelm Reich, November 1947[62]

In November, Reich wrote in Conspiracy. An Emotional Chain Reaction: "I would like to plead for my right to investigate natural phenomena without having guns pointed at me. I also ask for the right to be wrong without being hanged for it ... I am angry because smearing can do anything and truth can do so little to prevail, as it seems at the moment."[63] Sharaf writes that Reich came to believe that Brady was a Stalinist acting under orders from the Communist Party, a "communist sniper," as Reich called her.[64]

Over the years, the FDA interviewed physicians, Reich's students, and his patients, asking about Reich's use of orgone accumulators. On July 29, 1952, an unannounced inspection was conducted at Orgonon. One inspector was a regular FDA inspector, another an FDA medical expert, and a third an FDA device expert. Reich was known to abhor unannounced visitors; he had once chased some people away with a gun just for looking at an adjacent property. He shouted at the FDA men, told them they had to read his writings before he would interact with them, and ordered them to leave.[65]

The visit began a period of investigation by the FDA, triggering belligerent responses from Reich, who called them "HIGS," hoodlums in government, and the tools of red fascists. He developed a delusion that he had powerful friends in government, including President Eisenhower, who he believed would protect him, and that the U.S. Air Force was flying over Orgonon to make sure that he was all right.[65]

On February 10, 1954, the U.S. Attorney for District of Maine filed a complaint seeking a permanent injunction under Sections 301 and 302 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, to prevent interstate shipment of orgone accumulators and to ban some of Reich's writing promoting and advertising the devices.[66] Reich refused to appear in court, arguing that no court was in a position to evaluate his work. In a long letter to Judge Clifford, he wrote:

My factual position in the case as well as in the world of science of today does not permit me to enter the case against the Food and Drug Administration, since such action would, in my mind, imply admission of the authority of this special branch of the government to pass judgment on primordial, pre-atomic cosmic orgone energy. I, therefore, rest the case in full confidence in your hands.[67]

The United States was granted the injunction by default on March 19, 1954.[68] The judge's ruling was more extensive than the original complaint. He ordered that all accumulators and their parts were to be destroyed. All written material of promotional information and instructions for use (labeling) on the accumulators was also to be destroyed. This included ten of Reich's books that mentioned orgone energy, until such time as references to orgone were deleted; the list included Character Analysis and The Mass Psychology of Fascism.[69]

In May 1956, Reich traveled to Arizona to experiment with the cloudbuster. In his absence, and without his knowledge, one of his students, Dr. Michael Silvert,[70] moved some accumulators and books from Rangeley, Maine to New York, in violation of the injunction.[19] Reich and Silvert were both charged with contempt of court. Once again, he refused to arrange a legal defense. Representing himself, he admitted to the violation and, in his defense, arranged for the judge to be sent copies of his books. He was found guilty of contempt of court on May 7, 1956, and sentenced to two years' imprisonment. Silvert was sentenced to a year and a day. The Wilhelm Reich Foundation, which Reich's students and friends had set up in 1949, was fined $10,000.[19]

Dr. Morton Herskowitz, a fellow psychiatrist and friend of Reich's, wrote of the trial: "Because he viewed himself as a historical figure, he was making a historical point, and to make that point he had conducted the trial that way. If I had been in his shoes, I would have wanted to escape jail, I would have wanted to be free, etc. I would have conducted the trial on a strictly legal basis because the lawyers had said, 'We can win this case for you. Their case is so weak, so when you let us do our thing we can get you off.' But he wouldn't do it."[71] Reich appealed in October 1956, but the Court of Appeals upheld the lower court's decision on December 11. He appealed to the Supreme Court, which decided on February 25, 1957 not to review the lower courts' decisions. Reich and Silvert then asked for a suspension or reduction of their sentences; a hearing was set for March 11, to be followed by jail if the request did not succeed. The judge later wrote to the U.S. Board of Parole that he had been inclined to suspend or reduce the sentence, but the government established that Reich would not discontinue promoting the orgone accumulator. Reich then appealed to the President, to no avail.[72]

On June 5, 1956, as Reich was arranging his first appeal, two FDA officials traveled to Orgonon to supervise the destruction of Reich's accumulators. Most of them had been sold at that point, and another 50 were with Silvert in New York. Only three were at Orgonon. The FDA agents were not allowed to destroy them, only to supervise the destruction, so Reich's friends, and his son Peter, chopped them up with axes as the agents watched. On June 26, the agents returned to supervise the destruction of the promotional material, including some of his books. On July 9, the American Civil Liberties Union issued a press release criticizing the book burning, although coverage of the release was poor, and Reich ended up asking them not to help him because he was annoyed that they failed to criticize the destruction of the accumulators. In England, a letter of protest signed by A.S. Neill and Herbert Read also failed to find a publisher. On July 23, the remaining accumulators in New York were destroyed by S.A. Collins and Sons, who had built them.[73]

On August 23, six tons of his books, journals, and papers were burned in the 25th Street public incinerator in New York's lower east side, the Gansevoort incinerator.[74] Among the material destroyed were titles that were supposed only to be banned, including 12,189 copies of the Orgone Energy Bulletin, 6,261 copies of the International Journal of Sex Economy and Orgone Research, 2,900 copies of Emotional Plague Versus Orgone Biophysics, 2,976 copies of Annals of the Orgone Institute, and hardcover copies of several of his books, including The Sexual Revolution, Character Analysis, and The Mass Psychology of Fascism.[19] This action has been cited as one of the worst examples of censorship in U.S. history.[2]

As with the accumulators, the FDA was supposed only to observe the destruction, while his colleagues carried it out. One of them, Victor Sobey, wrote: "All the expenses and labor had to be provided by the [Orgone Institute] Press. A huge truck with three to help was hired. I felt like people who, when they are to be executed, are made to dig their own graves first and are then shot and thrown in. We carried box after box of the literature."[75]

On February 10, 1957, Reich signed his last will, naming his daughter, Eva, as his executrix.[76] On March 12, he was sent to Danbury Federal Prison, where Richard C. Hubbard, a psychiatrist who admired Reich, examined him, recording paranoia manifested by delusions of grandiosity, persecution, and ideas of reference:

The patient feels that he has made outstanding discoveries. Gradually over a period of many years he has explained the failure of his ideas in becoming universally accepted by the elaboration of psychotic thinking. "The Rockerfellows (sic) are against me." (Delusion of grandiosity.) "The airplanes flying over prison are sent by the Air Force to encourage me." (Ideas of reference and grandiosity.)[77]

On March 22, he was transferred to the federal penitentiary in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, where there were better psychiatric facilities, and was examined again. This tded that he was mentally competent, and that his personality appeared intact, though he might become psychotic under stress.[77] Two days later, on his 60th birthday, he wrote to his son, Peter, then 13:

I am in Lewisburg. I am calm, certain in my thoughts, and doing mathematics most of the time. I am kind of "above things," fully aware of what is up. Do not worry too much about me, though anything might happen. I know, Pete, that you are strong and decent. At first I thought that you should not visit me here. I do not know. With the world in turmoil I now feel that a boy your age should experience what is coming his way—fully digest it without getting a "belly ache," so to speak, nor getting off the right track of truth, fact, honesty, fair play, and being above board—never a sneak. ...[78]

Peter did visit him at Lewisburg several times. Reich told him that he cried a lot, and wanted Peter to let himself cry too, believing that tears are the "great softener." His last letter to his son was on October 22, when he said he was in good spirits, and looking forward to being released on November 10, when he would have served one third of his sentence; a parole hearing had been scheduled for just a few days before. He wrote that he and Peter had a date for a meal at the Howard Johnson restaurant near Peter's school.[7]

Reich failed to appear for morning roll call on November 3, and was found dead in his bed at 7 a.m., fully clothed but for his shoes. The prison physician said he had died during the night of "myocardial insufficiency with sudden heart failure."[7] He was buried in a plot of land he had chosen in the woods at Orgonon, in a coffin he had bought a year earlier from a Maine craftsman. He had left instructions that there was to be no religious ceremony, but that a record should be played of Schubert's "Ave Maria" sung by Marian Anderson, and that his granite headstone should read simply: "Wilhelm Reich, Born March 24, 1897, Died ..." Dr. Elsworth F. Baker, a physician friend, said at his funeral, "Once in a thousand years, nay once in two thousand years, such a man comes upon this earth to change the destiny of the human race. As with all great men, distortion, falsehood, and persecution followed him. He met them all, until organized conspiracy sent him to prison and then killed him."[79] A replica of a cloudbuster stands next to his grave, and the building that housed his laboratory is now the Wilhelm Reich Museum.

None of the psychiatric and established scientific journals carried an obituary. Time magazine wrote on November 18, 1957:

Died. Wilhelm Reich, 60, once-famed psychoanalyst, associate and follower of Sigmund Freud, founder of the Wilhelm Reich Foundation, lately better known for unorthodox sex and energy theories; of a heart attack; in Lewisburg Federal Penitentiary, Pa; where he was serving a two-year term for distributing his invention, the "orgone energy accumulator" (in violation of the Food and Drug Act), a telephone-booth-size device that supposedly gathered energy from the atmosphere, and could cure, while the patient sat inside, common colds, cancer, and impotence.[80]

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself WILHELM_REICH__PRISON_A
    Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Artikel_der_fall_wilhelm_reich_3

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:44 am

From Oxy:

Sherry Shriner talks a lot about orgone -- which supposedly causes UFO's to crash -- and also supposedly burns and kills aliens. I have never had anything to do with orgone -- and I'm pretty much neutral about the subject. This thread is sort of a rambling shotgun-approach to pseudointellectual-research. This is just intended to get you started -- but with some rather unique components, which you probably won't find elsewhere. I think this thread is quite unique -- as far as I know -- but I have no idea how close to the mark I've gotten. I've frankly tried to NOT be too frank, so as to remain alive and well -- living the dream for at least a few more days in paradise. Here is the continuation of the previous post:

The study of Reich's work has been hampered by the instruction he left that his unpublished papers were to be stored for 50 years after his death, "to secure their safety from destruction and falsification," which meant researchers were not able to access them until 2007.[81]

Nearly all his publications have been reprinted, apart from his research journals, which are available as photocopies from the Wilhelm Reich Museum. The first editions are not available: Reich continuously amended his books throughout his life, and the owners of Reich's copyright only allow the latest revised versions to be reprinted. In the late 1960s, Farrar, Straus & Giroux republished all his major works.[82]

New research journals devoted to his work began to appear in the 1960s. Physicians and natural scientists with an interest in Reich organized small study groups and institutes, and new research efforts were undertaken, though the mainstream scientific community has shown minimal interest in his ideas. The Orgone Biophysical Research Lab, founded in 1978 by Dr. James DeMeo, continues to investigate Reich's orgone research, and hosts international conferences and an occasional research journal.[83] DeMeo undertook studies on Reich's cloudbuster device at the University of Kansas in 1979, and wrote that he had confirmed many of the effects claimed by Reich.[84] A double-blind, controlled study of the effects of the orgone accumulator was carried out by Stefan Müschenich and Rainer Gebauer at the University of Marburg in 1987, and appeared to validate some of Reich's claims.[85] The study was later reproduced by Günter Hebenstreit at the University of Vienna.[86]

DeMeo conducted a number of other studies into Reich's work at the University of Kansas, including a global cross-cultural study, "Saharasia," to test the validity of Reich's sex-economic theory in the origins of human violence.[87] He undertook controlled studies on Reich's controversial thermal anomaly experiment,[88] and in 2011 wrote that orgone-charged water has a higher UV absorption in the 240-280 nm range, as compared to control samples.[89] He has also published studies showing statistically significant increases in plant growth when charged inside orgone accumulators, as compared to controls.[90] He argues that Reich's orgone energy is functionally similar to the older concept of the cosmological ether of space, and bears a similarity to the modern concepts of dark matter and the interstellar medium.[91]

Reich's influence is felt in modern psychotherapy. In 1978, the French philosopher, Michel Foucault, wrote that the impact of Reich's critique of sexual repression was substantial.[92] William Steig, Robert Anton Wilson, Norman Mailer, Jerome D. Salinger and Orson Bean have all undergone Reich's orgone therapy, and there is some use of orgone accumulators by psychotherapists in Europe, particularly in Germany.[93] Reich was a pioneer of body psychotherapy and several emotions-based psychotherapies, influencing Fritz Perls's Gestalt therapy and Arthur Janov's primal therapy. His pupil Alexander Lowen, the founder of bioenergetic analysis, and Charles Kelley, the founder of Radix therapy, ensure that his research receives widespread attention. Many practising psychoanalysts give credence to his theory of character, as outlined in Character Analysis (1933, enlarged 1949). The American College of Orgonomy, founded by Dr. Elsworth Baker, and the Institute for Orgonomic Science, led by Dr. Morton Herskowitz, still use Reich's original therapeutic methods.

In popular culture

The cover of "Cloudbusting" by Kate Bush, released in October 1985. In the video accompanying the single, Donald Sutherland plays Reich.
    Reich continues to influence popular culture, with references to orgone and cloudbusting found in songs by Clutch, Hawkwind, Pop Will Eat Itself, Turbonegro, Bob Dylan, and Patti Smith ("Birdland" on Horses).
    He is a character in the opera Marilyn (1979) by Italian composer Lorenzo Ferrero.
    Kate Bush's song "Cloudbusting" describes Reich's arrest and incarceration through the eyes of Reich's son, Peter, who wrote his father's story in A Book of Dreams, published in 1973. The video for the song was directed by Julian Doyle, conceived by Terry Gilliam and Bush, and has Donald Sutherland as Reich, and Bush as Peter.[94]
    An article about the female orgasm by Reich provided the inspiration for "Little Man Within" by Welsh singer/songwriter Karl Wallinger of World Party.
    Author Robert Anton Wilson wrote a play, Wilhelm Reich in Hell, partly based on Reich's life; it was also published as a book in 1987. Wilson frequently referred to Reich and Reich's works in both his fiction and non-fiction. Notably, one character in Wilson's Schrödinger's Cat Trilogy is a witness to the 1957 book-burning.

Reich's work is described in Italian writer Valerio Evangelisti's novel Il mistero dell'inquisitore Eymerich ("The mystery of Inquisitor Eymerich"), in which Reich is described as a visionary whose ideas were ahead of his time.
    A film about his teachings called W.R.: Mysteries of the Organism was made in 1971 by Yugoslavian director Dušan Makavejev, and was listed by film critic Roger Ebert in his "Great Movie" series in 2007.
    A short drama film about Reich by Jon East, called "It can be done," was nominated for a Silver Lion at the 1999 Venice Film Festival.
    The superhero "Orgone Lad", a member of the League of Infinity is Wilhelm Reich, Supreme by Alan Moore(2000).
    "He did ten years in Attica, reading Nietzsche and Wilhelm Reich"—from the song "Joey" on the album Desire by Bob Dylan.
    In Jack Kerouac's autobiographical novel On the Road, written in 1951, Old Bull Lee (modelled on William Burroughs) extols the benefits of the orgone accumulator he owns and considers how it may be improved by building it from "more organic" wood. Burroughs makes several references to Orgone energy in his own novels and essays.
    The final episode of series 5 of British TV series Peep Show featured two main characters becoming enamoured of a religious cult that expounded Reich's orgone theory.
    Reich is the subject, along with real estate developer Del Webb, of the 2008 documentary Wasteland Utopias by filmmaker David Sherman.
    The Australian product designer Marc Newson has produced several 'Orgone' items of furniture, most famously his 'Orgone Chair.'
    The post punk band Devo credited Mayan technology and Reich as the sources of inspiration for their 'energy dome' hats in an interview with Stephen Colbert on June 16, 2010.

German-language books Der triebhafte Charakter : Eine psychoanalytische Studie zur Pathologie des Ich, 1925
    Die Funktion des Orgasmus : Zur Psychopathologie und zur Soziologie des Geschlechtslebens, 1927
    Dialektischer Materialismus und Psychoanalyse, 1929
    Geschlechtsreife, Enthaltsamkeit, Ehemoral : Eine Kritik der bürgerlichen Sexualreform, 1930
    Der Einbruch der Sexualmoral : Zur Geschichte der sexuellen Ökonomie, 1932
    Charakteranalyse : Technik und Grundlagen für studierende und praktizierende Analytiker, 1933
    Massenpsychologie des Faschismus, 1933 (original Marxist edition, banned by the Nazis and the Communists)
    Was ist Klassenbewußtsein? : Über die Neuformierung der Arbeiterbewegung, 1934
    Psychischer Kontakt und vegetative Strömung, 1935
    Die Sexualität im Kulturkampf : Zur sozialistischen Umstrukturierung des Menschen, 1936
    Die Bione : Zur Entstehung des vegetativen Lebens, 1938
    Rede an den kleinen Mann, 1945
    English-language books American Odyssey: Letters and Journals 1940-1947 (posthumous)
    Beyond Psychology: Letters and Journals 1934-1939 (posthumous)
    The Bioelectrical Investigation of Sexuality and Anxiety
    The Bion Experiments: On the Origins of Life
    The Function of the Orgasm, 1942, translated by Theodore P. Wolfe
    The Cancer Biopathy (1948)
    Character Analysis (translation of the enlarged version of Charakteranalyse from 1933, translated by Theodore P. Wolfe)

Children of the Future: On the Prevention of Sexual Pathology
    Contact With Space: Oranur Second Report (1957)
    Cosmic Superimposition: Man's Orgonotic Roots in Nature (1951)
    "Concerning Specific Forms of Masturbation" (essay)
    Ether, God and Devil (1949)
    Genitality in the Theory and Therapy of Neuroses (translation of the original, unrevised version of Die Funktion des Orgasmus from 1927)
    The Invasion of Compulsory Sex-Morality (translation of the revised and enlarged version of Der Einbruch der Sexualmoral from 1932)
    Listen, Little Man! (1948, translated by Theodore P. Wolfe)
    The Mass Psychology of Fascism (translation of the revised and enlarged version of Massenpsychologie des Faschismus from 1933, translated by Theodore P. Wolfe)
    The Murder of Christ (1953)
    The Oranur Experiment
    The Orgone Energy Accumulator, Its Scientific and Medical Use (1948)
    Passion of Youth: An Autobiography, 1897-1922 (posthumous)
    People in Trouble (1953)
    Record of a Friendship: The Correspondence of Wilhelm Reich and A.S. Neill (1936–1957)
    Reich Speaks of Freud (Interview by Kurt R. Eissler, letters, documents)
    Selected Writings: An Introduction to Orgonomy
    Sexpol. Essays 1929-1934 (ed. Lee Baxandall)
    The Sexual Revolution (translation of Die Sexualität im Kulturkampf from 1936, translated by Theodore P. Wolfe)
    The Einstein Affair (1953)

See also

Ernst Simmel
    Phallic narcissism

Notes

1.^ For the view that he was one of the most radical figures in psychiatry, see Sheppard, R.Z. "A family affair", Time, May 14, 1973.
    2.^ a b c "Wilhelm Reich," Encyclopaedia Britannica. Retrieved July 26, 2009.
    3.^ Sharaf, Myron (1994). Fury on Earth: A Biography of Wilhelm Reich. Da Capo Press, pp. 4–5.
    4.^ Sharaf 1994, pp. 4, 8. Also see Obituary notice for Wilhelm Reich, Time Magazine, November 18, 1957.

5.^ a b Sharaf 1994, p. 170.
    6.^ For the articles, see Wertham, Fredric. Calling all Couriers, The New Republic, Dec 2, 1946.
    Brady, Mildred Edie. The Strange Case of Wilhelm Reich, The New Republic, May 26, 1947.
    Brady, Mildred Edie. The New Cult of Sex and Anarchy, Harper's, April 1947.
    "The New Coast of Bohemia" (editorial), Saturday Review of Literature, August 16, 1947, and
    Henderson, Harry and Shaw, Sam. "Greenwich Village: Tourist Trap," Collier's, December 6, 1947.

7.^ a b c Sharaf 1994, p. 477.
    8.^ a b Sharaf 1994, p. 39.
    9.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 463.
    10.^ Reich, Wilhelm. "Background and scientific development of Wilhelm Reich," Orgone Energy Bulletin V, 1953, p. 6, cited in Sharaf 1994, p. 40 and p. 488, footnote 10.
    11.^ Reich , Wilhelm. Passion of Youth, Paragon House, New York, 1990, p. 25; also see Sharaf, p. 49.
    12.^ Reich, Wilhelm. "Über einen Fall von Durchbruch der Inzestschranke in der Pubertät," Zeitschrift für Sexualwissenschaft, VII, 1920, 222-223, cited in and translated by Sharaf 1994, p. 43 and p. 448, footnote 12.
    13.^ a b Sharaf 1994, pp. 42–46.
    14.^ In his book Passion of Youth (p. 36-37) Reich says that his mother died by the end of September 1910. She took an unknown poison on a Monday, which corresponds to September 26. Based on his further comments one easily concludes that she died three days later, on September 29, 1910, at 2.00 AM Her first suicide attempt, with ingestion of Lysol (the afore mentioned household cleaner) had occurred in January 1910, the same evening Leon Reich came to know about the adultery (Reich, idem, p. 31).
    15.^ Reich, Wilhelm. Über einen Fall von Durchbruch der Inzestschranke in der Pubertät, op cit, cited in Sharaf 1994, p. 47 and p. 489, footnote 21.
    16.^ a b Sharaf 1994, p. 48.
    17.^ a b Blumenfeld, Robert. Tools and techniques for character interpretation. Hal Leonard Corporation, 2006, p. 135.
    18.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 58.
    19.^ a b c d e f g h Biography, The Wilhelm Reich Museum. Retrieved August 14, 2006.
    20.^ Sharaf 1994, pp. 108–109.
    21.^ Biographical notes on his family: Annie Pink, born April 2, 1902, Vienna, died January 5, 1971, New York. Eva Reich became a doctor and applied orgonomical techniques to the care of newborns. Lore Reich Rubin became a doctor and psychoanalyst.
    22.^ According to his daughter Lore Reich, Anna Freud and Ernest Jones were behind the expulsion.
    23.^ a b c d e f g Brady, Mildred. The Strange case of Wilhelm Reich", The New Republic, May 26, 1947, cited in Sharaf 1994, p. 360. "In this state of outer rigidity (expressed in muscular tensions) and inner anxiety he becomes “sadistic, “ “masochistic,” “anti-Semitic, “ “fascistic, “ “reactionary,” “hateful,” “submissive,” “authoritarian,” “greedy,” “power-motivated” and “perverse.”"
    24.^ a b c Cantwell, Alan. Dr. Wilhelm Reich", New Dawn Magazine, 2004. Retrieved December 3, 2007.
    25.^ D'Aloia, Alessandro. "Marxism and Psychoanalysis: Notes on Wilhelm Reich’s Life and Works", Marxist.com. Retrieved August 14, 2006.
    26.^ a b c Sharaf 1994, p. 228.
    27.^ Reich, Wilhelm. Beyond Psychology: Letters and Journals 1934-1939. Farrar Straus & Giroux, 1994, p. 66
    28.^ Sharaf 1994, pp. 234–235, 242.
    29.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 242.
    30.^ Sharaf 1994, pp. 234–235.
    31.^ Sharaf 1994, pp. 238–241, 243.
    32.^ a b Sharaf 1994, pp. 230–233.
    33.^ Sharaf 1994, pp. 245–246.
    34.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 253.
    35.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 255.
    36.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 254.
    37.^ Sharaf 1994, pp. 257–259.
    38.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 263.
    39.^ Sharaf 1944, pp. 264–265.
    40.^ Elkind, David. "Wilhelm Reich -- The Psychoanalyst as Revolutionary; Wilhelm Reich", The New York Times, April 18, 1971. Retrieved June 17, 2009.
    41.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 274.
    42.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 8.
    43.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 352.
    44.^ Reich, Wilhelm. Murder of Christ. Orgone Institute Press 1953, p. 41.
    45.^ Klee, Gerald D. "What ever happened to orgone therapy?", The Maryland Psychiatric Society, Summer 2001; Vol. 28, No. 1; Pg 13-15, retrieved January 7, 2011; Grossinger, Richard. Planet Medicine: From Stone Age Shamanism to Post-industrial Healing, Taylor & Francis, 1982, p. 293.
    46.^ Reich, Wilhelm. The Cancer Biopathy, chapter II, section 6. Farrar, Straus and Giroux (January 1, 1974).
    47.^ Reich, Wilhelm. Ether, God & Devil & Cosmic Superimposition, Farrar, Straus and Giroux (January 1, 1972)
    48.^ Sharaf 1994, pp. 379–380.
    49.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 285.
    50.^ Brian, Denis (1996). Einstein: A Life. John Wiley & Sons, p. 326.
    51.^ "I have now investigated your apparatus ... In the beginning I made enough readings without any changes in your arrangements. The box-thermometer showed regularly a temperature of about 0.3-0.4 higher than the one suspended freely," Einstein's letter to Reich, February 7, 1941, English translation, in The Einstein Affair, Orgone Institute Press, 1953
    52.^ a b Sharaf 1994, p. 286.
    53.^ "One of my assistants now drew my attention to the fact that in the room ... the temperature on the floor is always lower than the one on the ceiling," Einstein to Reich, February 7, 1941, op.cit.
    54.^ "Through these experiments I regard the matter as completely solved," Einstein to Reich, February 7, 1941, op.cit.
    55.^ "Ich hoffe, dass dies ihre Skepsis entwickeln wird, dass Sie sich nicht durch eine an sich verständliche Illusion trügen lassen," ("I hope that this will sharpen your skepticism so that you're not taken in by one of these understandable illusions"), Einstein to Reich, February 7, 1941, op.cit.
    56.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 288.
    57.^ "FBI adds new subjects to electronic reading room", U.S. State Department, March 2, 2000.
    58.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 361.
    59.^ FDA file on Reich, cited in Sharaf 1994, p. 363 and footnote 6, p. 513.
    60.^ FDA file on Reich, cited in Sharaf 1994, p. 364 and footnote 11, p. 513.
    61.^ Greenfield, Jerome. Wilhelm Reich Vs. the U.S.A.. W.W. Norton, 1974, p. 69, cited in Sharaf 1994, p. 364 and footnote 13, p. 513.
    62.^ Reich, Wilhelm. Conspiracy. An Emotional Chain Reaction, item 386A, cited in Sharaf 1994, p. 367 and footnote 14, p. 513.
    63.^ Reich, Wilhelm. Conspiracy. An Emotional Chain Reaction, item 386A, cited in Sharaf 1994, p. 367 and footnote 14, p. 513.
    64.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 367.
    65.^ a b Sharaf 1994, pp. 410–413.
    66.^ Complaint for injunction by FDA, Feb 10, 1954, part1, USA vs WILHELM REICH 1954-1957.
    67.^ "Wilhelm Reich's Response to FDA's Complaint for Injunction", February 25, 1954, posted on orgone.org.
    68.^ DECREE OF INJUNCTION ORDER (USA vs Wilhelm Reich) by JUDGE CLIFFORD MARCH 19, 1954 - USA vs WILHELM REICH 1954-1957.
    69.^ Wilhelm Reich: Man's Right to Know, Wilhelm Reich Infant Trust, retrieved January 15, 2012
    70.^ Michael Silvert (1906-1958), born Meyer Silverzweig in Poland. He was arrested with Reich and committed suicide in 1958 when he was released from prison.[1]
    71.^ Herskowitz, Morton. The Trial, The Institute for Orgonomic Science. Retrieved July 26, 2009.
    72.^ Sharaf 1994, pp. 458, 465, 466, 473.
    73.^ Sharaf 1994, pp. 458–461.
    74.^ Reich, Wilhelm (1897-1957), International Dictionary of Psychoanalysis
    75.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 461.
    76.^ There is some discrepancy between the sources on this. Myron Sharaf writes that Reich signed his last will on February 10, 1957, naming his daughter Eva as executrix, which meant she controlled the publication and republication of his work. The Wilhelm Reich Museum writes that his last will was on March 8, 1957, naming the Wilhelm Reich Infant Trust Fund as the entity charged with running Orgonon as the Wilhelm Reich Museum, transmitting his legacy, and housing his archives. See Sharaf 1994, p. 465 and Biography, The Wilhelm Reich Museum. Retrieved August 14, 2006.
    77.^ a b Sharaf 1994, pp. 469–470.
    78.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 476.
    79.^ Sharaf 1994. p. 5.
    80.^ Obituary notice for Wilhelm Reich, Time Magazine, November 18, 1957.
    81.^ Sharaf 1994, p. 6.
    82.^ A good overview of Reich's work is Wilhelm Reich: The evolution of his work by David Boadella. A bibliography on orgonomy gives full citations to university dissertations, and to controlled experiments replicating Reich's work on bions, the orgone accumulator, and the cloudbuster.
    83.^ Orgone Biophysical Research Lab, Ashland, Oregon.
    84.^ DeMeo, James: "Preliminary Analysis of Changes in Kansas Weather Coincidental to Experimental Operations with a Reich Cloudbuster," 1979 University of Kansas Dept. of Geography, republished as a book by the Orgone Biophysical Research Laboratory, 2010.
    85.^ Müschenich, Stefan & Gebauer, Rainer: Der Reich'sche Orgonakkumulator. Naturwissenschaftliche Diskussion, praktische Anwendung, experimentelle Untersuchung. Frankfurt/Main: Nexus-Verlag 1987
    86.^ Hebenstreit, Günter: Der Orgonakkumulator nach Wilhelm Reich. Eine experimentelle Untersuchung zur Spannungs-Ladungs-Formel. Univ. Wien, Dipl.-Arbeit, 1995
    87.^ DeMeo, James: "Saharasia: The 4000 BCE Origins of Child-Abuse, Sex-Repression, Warfare and Social Violence in the Deserts of the Old World", Natural Energy Works, Ashland, Oregon, 1998.
    88.^ DeMeo, James: "Experimental Confirmation of the Reich Orgone Accumulator Thermal Anomaly", Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine 20(3):1-16, 2010.
    89.^ DeMeo, James. "Water as a Resonant Medium for Unusual External Environmental Factors", Water: A Multidisciplinary Research Journal, 2011, pp. 1-47.
    90.^ DeMeo, James: "Report on Orgone Accumulator Stimulation of Sprouting Mung Beans", Subtle Energies and Energy Medicine, 21(2):51-62, 2011.
    91.^ DeMeo, James: "Dayton C. Miller Revisited", in Should the Laws of Gravitation Be Reconsidered? Hector A. Munera, Editor, 2011, pp. 285-315. Also see: "A Dynamic and Substantive Cosmological Ether", Proceedings of the Natural Philosophy Alliance, Cynthia Whitney, Editor, Vol.1, No.1, Spring 2004, pp. 15-20.

92.^ Foucault, Michel. The History of Sexuality, Volume 1: An Introduction. Vintage Books, 1978, p. 131.
    93.^ For example: Kavouras, Jorgos: Heilen mit Orgonenergie: Die Medizinische Orgonomie, Turm Verlag, Bietigheim, Germany, 2005; Lassek, Heiko. Orgon-Therapie: Heilen mit der reinen Lebensenergie, Scherz Verlag, 1997, München, Germany; Müschenich, Stefan: Der Gesundheitsbegriff im Werk des Arztes Wilhelm Reich (The Concept of Health in the Works of Wilhelm Reich, MD), med. Diss., Marburg, Görich & Weiershauser, 1995.
    94.^ "Cloudbusting", YouTube. Retrieved July 26, 2009.

Further reading

Wilhelm Reich Infant Trust, accessed March 28, 2012.
    Reich's FBI file (also see here).
    Los Orgones, Argentinian site of Orgonomy
    Bibliography on Orgonomy, a full listing of scholarly works on Wilhelm Reich
    Orgone Biophysical Research Laboratory
    PORE, Public Orgonomic Research Exchange (includes biography and timeline)
    The American College of Orgonomy
    Wilhelm Reich Gesellschaft
    Wilhelm Reich Orgon Institut Deutschland
    Wilhelm Reich Akademie
    Reichian therapy.
    Wilhelm Reich at Find a Grave
    Books Baker, Elsworth F., Man In The Trap. Macmillan, 1967.
    Bean, Orson, Me And The Orgone/ St. Martin's Press, 1971.
    Boadella, David. Wilhelm Reich, The Evolution Of His Work, Henry Regnery, 1973.
    Boadella, David (ed.). In The Wake Of Reich, Coventure, 1976.
    Corrington, Robert S. Wilhelm Reich: Psychoanalyst and Radical Naturalist. Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2003/
    Greenfield, Jerome (1974). Wilhelm Reich Vs. The USA, W.W. Norton, NY, 1974.
    Guillon, Claude (1978). Pour en finir avec Reich, Alternative diffusion, 1978.
    Herskowitz, Morton (1998). Emotional Armoring: An Introduction to Psychiatric Orgone Therapy, Transactions Press.
    Mann, Edward (1973). Orgone. Reich And Eros: Wilhelm Reich's Theory Of The Life Energy, Simon & Schuster.
    Mann, Edward & Hoffman (ed.) (1980). The Man Who Dreamed Of Tomorrow: A Conceptual Biography Of Wilhelm Reich, J.P. Tarcher, 1980.
    Martin, Jim (2000). Wilhelm Reich and the Cold War, Flatland Books.
    Meyerowitz, Jacob (1994). Before the Beginning of Time, rRp Publishers.
    Ollendorff, Ilse. (1969). Wilhelm Reich: A Personal Biography, St. Martin's Press.
    Raknes, Ola (1970). Wilhelm Reich And Orgonomy, St. Martin's Press.
    Reich, Peter (1973). A Book Of Dreams, Harper & Row.
    Ritter, Paul (ed.) (1958). Wilhelm Reich Memorial Volume, Ritter Press.
    Senf, Bernd (1996). Die Wiederentdeckung des Lebendigen (The Rediscovery of the Living), Zweitausendeins Verlag.
    Wilson, Robert Anton (1998). Wilhelm Reich in Hell, Aires Press.
    Wyckoff, James (1973). Wilhelm Reich: Life Force Explorer, Fawcett.
    Articles D'Aloia, Alessandro. Marxism and Psychoanalysis: Notes on Wilhelm Reich's life and work, first published in FalceMartello, International Marxist Tendency, October 15, 2004.
    DeMeo, James. The Orgone Accumulator Handbook: Construction Plans, Experimental Use and Protection Against Toxic Energy, Natural Energy Works, 1989.
    DeMeo, James. Response to Martin Gardner's Attack on Reich and Orgone Research in the Skeptical Inquirer, 1989.
    DeMeo, James (ed). "On Wilhelm Reich And Orgonomy", Pulse of the Planet, No. 4, Natural Energy Works, 1993.
    DeMeo, James & Senf, Bernd (eds). Nach Reich: Neue Forschungen zur Orgonomie: Sexualokonomie, Die Entdeckung Der Orgonenergie (After Reich: New Research in Orgonomy: Sex-Economy, Discovery of the Orgone Energy), Zweitausendeins Verlag, Frankfurt, 1998.
    Kendrick, William (1983). “The Analyst as Outsider”, a review of Myron Sharaf's Fury on Earth: A Biography of Wilhelm Reich, The New York Times, April 3, 1983.
    Laska, Bernd A. (1981). "Sigmund Freud contra Wilhelm Reich", Wilhelm Reich. Bildmonographie. Rowohlt, Reinbek 1981, 1999.
    The Einstein experiments The Einstein Affair, Orgone Institute Press, 1953.
    Aspden, H. "Gravity and its thermal anomaly: was the Reich-Einstein experiment evidence of energy inflow from the aether?," Infinite Energy, 2011, 41:61.
    Bearden, T. "Energy from the vacuum," Cheniere Press, 2002, pp. 333–337.
    Brian, Denis. Einstein: A Life, John Wiley & Sons, 1996. Reich is discussed on pp. 325–327, 382, 399.
    Clark, Ronald W. Einstein: The Life and Times, Avon, 1971. Reich is on pp. 689–690 of the paperback edition.
    Correa, P and Correa, A. "The thermal anomaly in ORACs and the Reich-Einstein experiment: implications for blackbody theory," Akronos Publishing, 1998.
    Correa P and Correa A. "The reproducible thermal anomaly of the Reich-Einstein experiment under limit conditions," Infinite Energy, 2001, 37:12.
    Mallove, E. "Breaking Through: A Bombshell in Science," Infinite Energy, 2001, 37:6.
    Mallove, E. "Breaking Through: Aether Science and Technology," Infinite Energy, 2001, 39:6.

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Reich[

Last edited by Carol on Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:33 am

From Pris:

Every piece of orgonite is a 'zero-point' energy device.  Orgonite apparently creates negative ions.

What is Orgonite?
    Orgonite is an energy-healing tool made with resin, metals and healing crystals. People use orgonite to:

Clear and harmonise inner energy
    Protect against harmful EMFs
    Deepen meditation and spiritual practices
    Boost plant growth
    Bring balanced energy into a space
    Aid in healing practices such as Reiki

How Does Orgonite Work?
    Orgonite was inspired by the research of Dr Wilhelm Reich, an Austrian psychiatrist who studied bio-energy in the 20th century. He found that energy (which he termed orgone energy) behaved differently depending on whether it was interacting with organic, carbon based materials, or inorganic metals.

Orgonite works by drawing in energy through its matrix which is made with resin and metals, the organic and inorganic materials. Inside every orgonite is a crystal quartz. The crystal returns the energy to a natural, balanced and healthy state.

https://orgoniseyourself.com

Orgonite Kirlian Aura Photos

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Orgonite-Kirlian-Aura-Photos

Orgonite is a substance made of resin, metals and quartz that balances and harmonises bio-energy, otherwise known as orgone, chi or prana.

Dr Wilhelm Reich, an Austrian psychiatrist, researched orgone energy  in the earlier half of the 20th century, and today’s orgonite devices are built on his findings.  While conducting his research, Dr. Reich found that organic materials attract and hold orgone energy, while non-organic metals simultaneously attract  and repel the energy.

Orgonite is based on these two principles. It is a 50-50 mix of resin (organic, due to the fact that it is based on petrochemicals), and metal shavings (inorganic).  A quartz crystal is also added inside the orgonite matrix.  Energy which is out of balance is absorbed into the orgonite by the metal-resin mix, and brought back to a healthy, vibrant state by the embedded crystal.

What are the benefits of orgonite?
    The effects of orgonite differ from person to person. Some feel the energy straight away (usually as a tingling or warm sensation) while for others the effects are cumulative. The most commonly reported effects of orgonite are:

• Better sleep and vivid dreams
    • More energy
    • Balanced moods
    • Decreased sensitivity to EMFs
    • Spiritual and psychological growth
    • Increased resistance to illness (orgonite should never be used as a substitute for professional medical care)

What are some uses for orgonite?
    Most people use orgonite to balance and strengthen their energetic field, and to help provide protection against EMFs. You can also use it to:

• Deepen meditation
    • Boost plant growth
    • Remove negative energy in a specific place
    • Strengthen intentions and visualisations

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Orgonite-necklace-fluorite

Orgone, chi, life-force, prana – subtle energies
    When Wilhelm Reich discovered the existence of orgone energy in the 1930s, he said that he had discovered a cosmic life energy – an omnipresent energy too subtle to be measured with everyday instruments.

Reich’s idea of orgone is not new. Most esoteric and metaphysical teachings have emphasised the idea of subtle energies that are found everywhere – from the human body to the air around us – the building blocks of all life on earth. Reich termed it orgone, in Traditional Chinese medicine it is termed Qi, in Ayurveda and tantra it is called prana. Many alternative healing methods, such as Reiki and Quantum Touch, make use of subtle energies in order to heal imbalances in the body.

There are variations between the different theories and characteristics of subtle energy – in particular because they cannot be measured by scientific instruments – instead, generations of people with a natural or practised sensitivity to subtle energies have managed to sense the way in which these work.

Here are the basic properties of orgone energy according to Wilhelm Reich:

Organic materials attracted and held orgone energy.

Non-Organic metal materials attracted and then rapidly repelled it.

It fills all space and is everywhere.

It’s mass free and is the primordial, cosmic energy.

It penetrates matter, but at different speeds.

It pulsates and is observable and measurable.

It has a strong affinity and attraction to/by water.

It is accumulated naturally in the living organism by ingesting foods, breathing, and through the skin.

(From http://orgonics.com/whatisor.htm)

Balanced vs Unbalanced Orgone Energy
    Orgone can exist in a healthy form and in a stagnant, dangerous form. In the orgonite community, we differentiate between POR (positive orgone) and DOR (deadly orgone). DOR is also what is known as “stagnant qi” in Feng Shui traditions. Most natural environments which have been untouched by pollution are charged with balanced, harmonious energy. Most notably, waterfalls, mountaintops and green forests – many of us feel a positive difference when in these environments – the air is cleaner, they are beautiful – but there is also an excess of positive orgone energy.

Stagnant energy is more often than not caused by modern technologies that emit EMF and pollute our environment – for example mobile phone masts and microwaves. Everyone has different ranges of sensitivity  – some people find themselves profoundly negatively affected, and orgonite is a blessing for these people. Being surrounded by stagnant orgone can lead to ill health – and it is very possible that the increase of chronic, incurable diseases we are seeing are caused by the lack of balanced energy in our habitats.

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Orgonite-cone1

Orgone in the human body
    We need orgone for our survival, and energy blockages often cause serious illnesses. Orgone runs through our bodies, and different teachings have mapped out different paths along which it runs. Acupuncture is based on the meridian system taught in Tradtional Chinese medicine. When your body is healthy, energy runs unobstructed through these meridians, but blockages in the meridian can cause illness. Acupuncture and acupressure are thought to stimulate the meridians and work to heal the blockages.

The chakra system works in a similar way. In this case, our seven major chakras are vortexes of energy. Each chakra deals has a different function, and if there are any blockages in energy flow in our chakras, this can also result in psychological and psychological symptoms like disease or mental complexes.

Apart from keeping orgonite around you, exercises like Qi Gong, yoga, energy healing, crystal healing and some forms of meditation are good ways to keep a healthy flow of POR in your body, which leads to a healthier and happier body. Our subtle energy systems are also affected by the food we eat, the way we breathe (breathing is one major intake of orgone energy), and even the thoughts we think.

Orgonite what it does and how to make it yourself Orgone-energy-healing-orgonite

Orgonite and Consciousness
    Subtle energy is thought to have an intelligence of its own. This is why orgonite affects people in different ways – the function of orgonite is an invigorating and balancing one, but this may manifest differently according to the individual’s needs – you don’t need to tell orgonite what to do! Although it can also be rewarding to actively work with the orgonite energies.

We can use our consciousness to interact with orgonite and orgone energy. “Mind over matter” – orgone is the building block of our material reality, and we can use our thoughts and emotions to interact with it and shape our material worlds with it.

How to Use Orgonite with Feng Shui
    Feng Shui is an art that was developed in China over 3000 years ago.  Feng means wind, and shui means water.  Wind and water are associated with good health and fortune in Chinese culture.  Feng Shui is a body of knowledge that reveals the ways in which to balance the energies of a space in order to bring good fortune into your life.  Feng Shui has gained a lot of popularity in the West, and orgonite gives us another tool with which to apply Feng Shui principles.

First of all, simply placing orgonite in your home will do a lot to balance the energies and the energy flow inside it.  However, we can also place orgonite strategically in order to further improve the energy flow.

If you have an area of your house that feels “off”, place orgonite in this area in order to improve its energy.  If being in a certain area of your house makes you feel tired and lethargic, this is the first place you should put orgonite.

Electrical appliances can create chaotic energy.  Place orgonite next to or on top of devices such as computers, refridgerators, clock radios, televisions and cordless phones.

For maximum effectiveness, make sure that your orgonite pieces are distributed as evenly as possible in your home. A popular practice is to grid all four corners of a room or a house with orgonite, ensuring maximum coverage.

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:59 am

Awesome Carol Thubs Up
    Thank You angel Flowers

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Sep 23, 2019 11:11 am

You're welcome. Happy to help you out. Hadriel

Sourcetruth
    Sourcetruth

Post  Sourcetruth Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:05 am

From what I understand about what Willhelm Reich researched about orgone, it requires alternating layers of metallic and certain organic matrials to actually trap orgone. I am not sure if all of these devices will completely have the same effect as the kind of orgone accumulators Reich studied. They might be just weakly reflecting orgone energy from the metals.

I believe that pyramids do have certain properties, but I don't think they were not studied by Reich. It may reauire further research to fully incorporate pyramids with orgone energy properly.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:38 pm

Carol these long posts of yours above that come before the Pris one take a few minutes to load on my cell phone slowing down my access to this thread. Would your be so kind as shortening them ?

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:13 pm

SourceTruth thank you for your intetest.
    The following link shows the difference between Dr Reich's research and orgonite.
    Orgonite brought Reich's research a few steps further.
    https://www.holistictherapypractice.com/online/21/Information/Health/-Orgonite.html

Orgonite has several applications.
    One that is highly interesting is their effect on plants:
    https://orgoniseyourself.com/article/orgonite-and-plant/

Now as I already mentioned on the bridgeway thread these things for working properly need to be tuned into.
    We are dealing with Life, the life force. Life vibrates and resonates.

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm