tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+19
Sanicle
icecold
malletzky
Jonah
JesterTerrestrial
Raven
Bear
MargueriteBee
Jenetta
Mercuriel
burgundia
pedro m
hippihillbobbi
lindabaker
mudra
Nebula
truth and integrity
Carol
giovonni
23 posters

my new vision

giovonni
    giovonni

my new vision - Page 8 Empty Re: my new vision

Post  giovonni Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:26 pm

this for my friend Sharon...
    For all is not yet lost yet in this country...even if the ones leading seem to have forgotten us Crying or Very sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=ZUHrWn8sbq0&feature=related

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:43 am

lest we forget...
    like stars across the sky ~ we were all born to shine...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZynnAJFM8UA&feature=player_embedded#at=70
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:12 pm

Four immeasurable's ~ from the Buddha

Loving kindness has the capacity to bring happiness to others without demanding anything in return. Compassion has the capacity to remove the suffering of others without expecting anything in return. Sympathetic joy arises when one rejoices over the happiness of others and wishes others well-being and success. Practice non-attachment to overcome prejudice. Non-attachment is the way of looking at all things openly and equally. Do not reject one thing only to chase after another.

This is because that is ~ myself and others are not separate
    Lawless

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:41 pm

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:32 pm

today i was reacquainted with an amazing Australian film i saw a few years back.. "Alien Visitor" ~ also known as ~ "Epsilon"

i highly recommend it
    Thubs Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9Xe7zNkKOI
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:40 am

Love is a symbol of eternity... It wipes out all sense of time, destroying all memory of a beginning and all fear of an end Big Grin 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz7tFLStKFU&feature=player_embedded

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:31 am

We Are All Human Beings Becoming...
    Help One Another Find At-one-ment With Each Other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2T1zy8ov1I&feature=player_embedded#at=36
    giovonni
    giovonni

my new vision - Page 8 Empty THE GREAT MIRROR

Post  giovonni Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:50 am

i came upon this essay today...it is on love and relationships between two human beings...

Even though it comes via a Buddhist enlightened one... i still sense it holds much truth for all who gather here...
    No matter what path one chooses to walk forth upon.

I love you Blessings Gio

The Great Mirror

By The Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche

"Our so-called life, from the Buddhist point of view, is simply experience, and experience is relationship. Put simply, we don’t have independent existence. We cannot exist without depending on others. When I go to the grocery store and buy an apple, I might feel very independent. I walk in, grab an apple, pay with my own money, and go home and eat by myself. But in fact I can only enjoy this apple because it is connected to so many people and conditions: the store owner, the shelf stockers, the truckers, the farmers, all the way back to the seed and the Earth. There's so much connection, all the time.

Of all of the relationships we have in this interdependent experience of ours, the most direct, most emotional, and most apt to bring great joy and suffering is a close, intimate relationship with another human being. We give it great, special prominence in our mind, but it helps to remember that it is the same as the apple. It’s about interconnection, interdependence.

From a Buddhist point of view, relationship is a great mirror. It is the mirror in which we see ourselves, in which we discover ourselves. That mirror can be distorted. I remember the first time I saw myself in a funhouse mirror: “Oh, what happened to me? I’m all stretched out.” [laughter] The mirror can also be very clear. We can see ourselves and what we are up to so directly. That makes relationship a beautiful experience.

When we sit by ourselves, it’s easy to enjoy our mental games, fantasies, ego trips, and so forth. We can go on and on and on without any problem. But try that with your partner! Then here comes the mirror. The mirror will reflect and show you your ugly ego trips. A mirror is very neutral—it just reflects. It doesn't take any sides. It is just a mirror for both of us.

In this mirror, we discover ourselves—our tendencies, our weaknesses, and our strengths. We discover our good qualities as well as our negative qualities. So this mirror becomes a very precious teacher for us, a very precious path. The mirror of relationship becomes a very precious teaching for us to discover who we really are and where we are on the path and in the world altogether.

This is a lot to take in, so our tendency is to see what we want to see in this relationship mirror. The problem with this approach in a close relationship is that two people are seeing two different things. If I want to see something and she wants to see something else, we're both seeing two different things. As a result, we're being thrown off from the balance, the benefit, the preciousness of the relationship, the mirror. We would rather idealize our relationship; we would rather escape. We would rather live in the future than in this very immediate present moment. But if we can practice being in this present moment, relationship can become a path and the mirror can be a great teacher.

In our relationship with another, we often misunderstand how we are connected. We may think we are two made into one, or we may think we are completely independent. My father taught me that a marriage or partnership, an intimate relationship with another human being, is like two rings coming together. You can illustrate it with your fingers. Make a ring with each hand, then join the rings together. There's a common space in the center. There is mutual responsibility, joy, and sharing, yet at the same time, we must understand there are also the two sides. There is not only the middle; individual space is also necessary.

If we try to overlap these two rings totally, we lose balance. There is a common bond, but there are also two individual mind streams. We must respect that and allow the other independence. The common space respects the individual space. We cannot overpower the other or make them just like us. The other not only has needs but also individual, habitual karmic habits that you cannot change. They need to initiate change themselves; you cannot forcibly change them. Buddhism teaches us that you cannot change someone's karma; not even Buddha can do that. He said, “I can only show you the path; to do it is totally up to you.”

That's the basic principle in a relationship—we share. We share our wisdom, our knowledge, we allow ourselves to be a mirror, but it’s up to the individual to make the choice. We must respect that. We must know that the other acts out of habit pattern, just as we do. Just as we cannot be forcibly changed from the outside, so too with them.

Problems begin when we lose the balance that comes from understanding the interplay of connection and separateness. We lose the sense of mindfulness when we lose the basic balance of the selfless, egoless teaching, and become selfish, ego-centered, or even ego-maniacal.

That's where dukkha (suffering) begins and joy ends, where the joy of relationship ends and the dukkha of relationship begins. When a relationship is troubling, that will stimulate our path. We can’t expect it to always be perfect. In the mirror of relationship, we discover all these things. We discover the real nature of relationship and we discover how we go off balance, how we lose the egoless, selfless view, how we lose the sense of love and caring.

Practicing mindfulness and awareness can help us see in the mirror more clearly. Mindfulness can tame the mental wildness that causes us to go so off balance. Mindfulness puts that wild mind in a corral. Once the wild horse of our mind is a little settled, we can train it by tying it to the post of awareness. Then we can train the horse to do all sorts of things, including to exert itself on the path of relationship and take joy and delight in loving."
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:17 pm

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:57 pm

my new vision - Page 8 Christian-kober-monk-demonstrating-meditation-at-zen-music-shaolin-grand-ceremony-shaolin-henan-province-china

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:10 pm

Carol wrote:
    my new vision - Page 8 Christian-kober-monk-demonstrating-meditation-at-zen-music-shaolin-grand-ceremony-shaolin-henan-province-china

Flowers
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:11 pm

very nice thread, thanks for all the wonderful sharing on it !!!
    devakas
    devakas

Post  devakas Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:51 pm

Indigo child Alexander Korol - healer explains his new book 'Answer' in visual form

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Thu Dec 08, 2011 6:59 pm

thank you Lady's ~ Carol & Susan flower

And... thank you for sharing ~ devakas ~

Alexander ~ truly has a pure and untainted Spiritual soul

Note ~ this is especially for You ~ in 'Answer' to the upcoming lunar eclipse Big Grin 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLOth-BuCNY&feature=related
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:48 pm

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:58 pm

There is only one time when it is essential to awaken.
    That time is now.
    Buddha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83nZaoKVShk
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:12 pm

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:32 am

Here's to a new and wondrous New Year...
    May the albatross of the old paradigm be long gone and forgotten
    Big Grin 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8scHKFwr0og
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:56 am

Love the Moody Blueys

UFO2

spinning

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks Owlsden for posting that beautiful video cheers

From my friend Roxana Spiritual

This is very appropriate for this 2012 new year day celebration !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jMXX3qemPg
    giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:42 am

To reach the cord is our life's hope ❤ Between the eyes and ears there lay...
    Heaven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRGJbk4XpYs
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:31 am

The Dream of Life

giovonni
    giovonni

Post  giovonni Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:19 pm

Owlsden wrote:The Dream of Life

http://loveforlife.com.au/users/arthur-cristian

Thanks Owlsden ~ i am not too familiar with Arthur's work though his video truly resonates with me...
    But note - i do have contacts down in 'OZ' who have mentioned his work (to me) and are great followers of his..
    so i appreciate the posting of his video. Thubs Up

Note ~ i truly find it ironic, that its been 43 years since the Moody Blues released their album "In Search of the Lost Cord" and that coincides exactly to the time my daughter (and you) were born ! The seeding of your generation no doubt (in my mind) has (had) much to do with what - i have come to believe as the dawning of the age of Aquarius. Even though there is still debate as to the exact harbinger of this future-now changeover...?
    No matter... Still ... i would like to believe your generation was the catalyst that provoked and stirred the current awakening... cos i don't believe in coincidences Naughty

Blessing Love ~ Gio
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Thank you Giovonni,

I don't believe in coincidences either. Everything is in Divine Order. Lionhawk

I happened to bump into a stranger yesterday whilst I was in Tampa (was it merely just a bump in?) or was there a Divine Synchronicity at play? Well we met Eye to Eye and we shared a moment. He told me he was just here "passing through" and gave me a "message". Of course, I appreciated his message and in return I gave him one too.

Thank you Giovonni for showing me your Beautiful Heart.

Another song I love.

Last edited by Owlsden on Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:22 am