tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+11
Anchor
Bobbie
malletzky
mudra
SiriArc
CetaceousOne
TRANCOSO
Nebula
Mercuriel
truth and integrity
Carol
15 posters

MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY

malletzky
    malletzky

MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Empty Re: MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY

Post  malletzky Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:17 am

A short update: I don't have any problems with this forum, my explorer (firefox) works well, I LIKED the darker skin which we had over the weekend more then this one, but this is not so important.

The most important thing for me is: we have a place to gather and exchange. With a bit patiency and after few weeks, the most difficulties will be gone.

Once again, I want to express my huge gratitude to the people that makes this possible: all AdMods, all members.

THANK YOU!

with respect
    Mall...
    truth and integrity

MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Empty MOVING THE FORUM TO ITS OWN WEBSITE IN MAY

Post  truth and integrity Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:45 am

I finally figured it out what was wrong. I apologize if I gave you a hard time. It is clear for me that I need to take a longer rest.
    Love,
    t&i
    Anonymous

MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Empty Re: MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY

Post  Guest Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:56 am

I am not a techy girl but I am happy whatever you decide MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Icon_biggrin

Thank you Mercuriel and all Mods for this lovely space to share ideas and jokes MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Lol

Love
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:32 am

truth and integrity wrote:Mudra,
    Thank you for offering help but I am ready to give up. I have spent 3 hours trying to figure it out without any success. I am not as optimistic as you are. Therefore, I am very reluctant to more changes. I felt comfortabe because I could insert an image but not any more. Maybe the Universe is telling me to just move on.
    Love,
    t&i

T&I, if the new forum allowed you to post art as easy as before - that would be a plus right? I love art, I'm an artist - are you posting works that are already available on the internet or are these your personal works of art? OK THIS IS WHERE YOU ARE NOT GOING TO LIKE WHAT I SAY - PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM NOT TRYING TO BE DISMISSIVE ..... but 80 pieces seems a lot in such a short period - IMHO an inspirational picture or two a day would be more palatable and better appreciated - in comparison, one slice of chocolate cake a day is easy to digest but 80 would chock even the most famished regardless of how delicious the cake may be.

My opinion, for what it is worth, is that if it is no skin off of our noses to move to a better house, then we should not stop progress, we should move. It's not fair to all the members who would appreciate a better functioning forum to be held back by a few - and I mean no disrespect here - it's just fact.

TMD (too much drama) over this. BTW I can't post pictures either but that is not my core reason for being here so it doesn't bother me all that much. I am far more concerned that I still can't get e-mail notification of my subscribed threads and haven't been notified if my e-mail address change request has been granted ...... that's of more importance, to me, but I doubt if anyone else gives one rat's arse about it but hey I'm an evolved being right, so I'll just allow it to play out and perhaps, if we move to the new forum, it will work properly there. This world does not always offer up what we like to eat - that's life and dwelling on it doesn't make it better - it keeps us stuck in a non-functioning state. I'm over it.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:51 am

ACK! Bobbie, your request fell through the cracks. I'm sorry. Embarassed Could you please resend your request to Mercuriel. I could have handled it at Invision but still haven't figured out the admin control system here and am saving myself for the upcoming website. Like T&I, I can only handle so much at one time and there is a lot going on in real life right now that is taking my time.

T&I one of the reasons we also need to move to a website is because of all of the band width the pictures take up. We just don't have the space here if we want to expand our galleries.. and I have 30 pages of images myself, Sui has all of her musical youtube links and so on... I also love that others post their pictures as well ~ so we just wanted to be where we could continue to expand and pursue our individual internet passions while we can.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    truth and integrity

MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Empty MOVING THE FORUM TO ITS OWN WEBSITE IN MAY

Post  truth and integrity Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:58 am

Bobbie,
    You have provoked me to be honest. Well, I don’t tell people
    what they should do or shouldn’t. Shoulds reflects unconscious guilt that the
    person is carrying. I allow and encourage people to be free. What is right for
    me maybe not right for others. Secondly, if your read my responses you would know
    that I don’t want to hold anybody back. This is not freedom. I have made my
    decision and let others do theirs. Finally, you may see that it is a drama. But
    you have a choice and you don’t need to be a part of “the drama”. I guess you
    have your conscious or perhaps unconscious reasons to respond this way.
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:39 pm

Carol wrote:ACK! Bobbie, your request fell through the cracks. I'm sorry. Embarassed Could you please resend your request to Mercuriel. I could have handled it at Invision but still haven't figured out the admin control system here and am saving myself for the upcoming website. Like T&I, I can only handle so much at one time and there is a lot going on in real life right now that is taking my time.

No finger pointing at any of the mods - I know you guys are busier than a two peckered billy goat. I sent a PM to Mercuriel on Saturday and so it should still be in his in box---with a reminder in my thread on Sunday.

T&I - I knew you were going to be upset with me for saying what I did but balance, in any case, should be the order of the day, regardless of what we're trying to balance. Believe me, I said it from the position of a mother to a beloved daughter who might be wearing too much make-up for a day at the beach.

I think there is room a plenty for us all to have our hackles up at the moment - it seems to be contagious - but I always blame it on the moon being in the 3rd quarter and allow it to pass. I'm most thankful for everyone's contributions and hope that it is presented in a way that it will garner the appreciation that it deserves - nothing more, nothing less. Kind of like in an art gallery - the pieces are spaced and placed in a manner in which their admirers will gain the most from them. Every form of arts deserves to be exhibited on it's own and given the ability to be appreciated in which the artist intended. To me, it's just displaying a respect for the individual piece.

No hard feelings here - I know that none of us ever like to think that we don't always have it right but it's only people who love you that will tell you when you have spinach in your teeth....remember that and then read my post again - maybe you will feel better about it. MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 934918

Last edited by Bobbie on Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Bobbie,
    I am glad that you have revealed more how you think because
    I will be running away from you faster then I can say OMG.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:31 pm

I'm going to have to add busier than a two peckered billy goat to lower then a snakes vest and lilly livered chicken lips.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

OK - it's your call - run if you like - I meant you no ill will or harm - just some motherly suggestions. MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 529827 Hope you get your technical problems straightened out. Maybe it will be easier to post pictures on the new forum if you choose to join us. Some more motherly advise - don't turn your back on someone when they are genuinely trying to help. Graciously accept constructive criticism in the good spirit in which it is given. MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 83084

truth and integrity wrote:Bobbie,
    I am glad that you have revealed more how you think because
    I will be running away from you faster then I can say OMG.
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:55 pm

MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 776253 Our family is from the southern states - even though we haven't lived there in some time - so every once in a while some of these homegrownisms just come rolling out naturally.

Carol wrote:
    I'm going to have to add busier than a two peckered billy goat to lower then a snakes vest and lilly livered chicken lips.
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:06 pm

Bobbie wrote:
    OK - it's your call - run if you like - I meant you no ill will or harm
    - just some motherly suggestions.
    MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Clip_image001Hope
    you get your technical problems straightened out. Maybe it will be easier to
    post pictures on the new forum if you choose to join us. Some more motherly
    advise - don't turn your back on someone when they are genuinely trying to
    help. Graciously accept constructive criticism in the good spirit in which it
    is given.
    MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Clip_image002

I love constructive criticism. But there was nothing constructive in your both responses.
    You have just crossed my boundaries. Well, it was unusual way to set boundaries with you but I have noticed that you are not a person who is sensitive to subtleties.
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:20 am

truth and integrity wrote:

Bobbie wrote:
    OK - it's your call - run if you like - I meant you no ill will or harm
    - just some motherly suggestions.
    MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Clip_image001Hope
    you get your technical problems straightened out. Maybe it will be easier to
    post pictures on the new forum if you choose to join us. Some more motherly
    advise - don't turn your back on someone when they are genuinely trying to
    help. Graciously accept constructive criticism in the good spirit in which it
    is given.
    MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Clip_image002

I love constructive criticism. But there was nothing constructive in your both responses.
    You have just crossed my boundaries. Well, it was unusual way to set boundaries with you but I have noticed that you are not a person who is sensitive to subtleties.
    There is evidently a lot of misunderstanding between the two of you. There are a lot of things that this forum is good for, but this kind of discourse could be considered not one of the best uses - though it seems inevitable from time to time on forums like this.
    Seems like you both had a good go at stating your perspectives, context and viewpoints. There will be no winners, and boundaries have been crossed all over the place - but you got to a place where you can quite easily stop at this point and move on.
    AJ..
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:07 am

Anchor wrote:

There is evidently a lot of misunderstanding between the two
    of you. There are a lot of things that this forum is good for, but this kind of
    discourse could be considered not one of the best uses - though it seems
    inevitable from time to time on forums like this.
    Seems like you both had a good go at stating your perspectives, context and
    viewpoints. There will be no winners, and boundaries have been crossed all over
    the place - but you got to a place where you can quite easily stop at this
    point and move on.
    I have noticed at Avalon Forum that you prefer to hide everything under the carpet
    rather then dealing openly with issues and therefore perpetuating more conflict.
    Secondly, your response indicates that you don’t understand the concept of boundaries.
    In ever interaction with people we have to set boundaries to have a healthy relationship or friendship. It involves interactions at forum too. By healthy interaction I mean resolving conflict in honest and direct way. Please don’t try to play a therapist because you are not qualified to do so.
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Post  Jenetta Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:18 am

Mercuriel wrote:Well - We can leave things as they are or not. Its up to You Guys...

You tell Us...

scratch
    Can we please play "Sail On" by Enya? I feel that at this point we might as well go for the Gold...heck I didn't spend any time at Invision much and the only thing that is rather upsetting me at the moment is that I forgot the original link to Avalon 1 which is "read only" so I can pick up some old posts and threads to store the material (now that I have a new computer to store everything on MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 Icon_wink ) so change is part of life and I am looking forward to my "new home" both literally and figuratively...like everyone else I am tired of moving and yet Home is on the horizon.

Post  SiriArc Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:26 am

AdMod Question:

Mist 1 @ } mistsofavalon.invisionplus.net { (free gizmo)

Mist 2 @ } themistsofavalon.net { (free gizmo)

Mist 2.5 @ } themistsofavalon.net {

Thought 2.5 was Your Web Site ???

General Note:

PA is Finally back but now Mist 1 is gone !!!

IP in general seems to be working ....... Had set up an IP page just to see what the ACP (“Owner”) looked like (had never seen one before and was curious) and it loads.

Regardless, the “free” stuff in general seems “suspect” (Even After You Paid !!!)

And Or ButtFugly if ya don’t pay ‘em.

As noted previously, Forums Like N R, N D, Etc. have been stable and crap-free for years.
    Anchor
    Anchor

Post  Anchor Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:49 am

truth and integrity wrote:I have noticed at Avalon Forum that you prefer to hide everything under the carpet
    rather then dealing openly with issues and therefore perpetuating more conflict.
    Secondly, your response indicates that you don’t understand the concept of boundaries.
    In ever interaction with people we have to set boundaries to have a healthy relationship or friendship. It involves interactions at forum too. By healthy interaction I mean resolving conflict in honest and direct way. Please don’t try to play a therapist because you are not qualified to do so.

Ok so you want to attack me now? That's your game as ever, but it wont work on me. I am not playing therapist, I am playing moderator. You should ask yourself what boundaries you are currently pushing on this forum - because that is what I care about and what motivates me to ask you to stop it.

AJ..
    truth and integrity

Post  truth and integrity Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:13 am

Anchor wrote:
    Ok so you want to attack me now? That's your game as ever,
    but it wont work on me. I am not playing therapist, I am playing moderator. You
    should ask yourself what boundaries you are currently pushing on this forum -
    because that is what I care about and what motivates me to ask you to stop it.
    I am not attacking you and I don’t play a game. I am honestly expressing what I think and how I feel.
    You have tried to analyze what the problem was between me and Boobie and your analysis was wrong. Therefore, I said don’t pay a therapist. Secondly, I don’t want you to interfere in my interaction with people. The issue was between me and Bobbie and I needed to set boundaries with him and the problem is resolved. Now, you perpetuate the problem by unnecessary interference. Conflict always intensifies when a third party is involved unless the person is highly skilled in conflict resolution.We are adults here and we can handle our problems themselves. No, I am setting boundaries with you. Can you respect my boundaries?
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:16 am

Enough said Anchor - great observation and advice. The words speak for themselves. Thank you. MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 42363

[/quote]
    There is evidently a lot of misunderstanding between the two of you. There are a lot of things that this forum is good for, but this kind of discourse could be considered not one of the best uses - though it seems inevitable from time to time on forums like this.
    Seems like you both had a good go at stating your perspectives, context and viewpoints. There will be no winners, and boundaries have been crossed all over the place - but you got to a place where you can quite easily stop at this point and move on.
    AJ..[/quote]
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:24 am

Janetta, I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love your Avatar. It has been one of my all time favorite pictures ever. Every time I see that cat, it cracks me up and brings such a level of pure joy to me. I have it hanging in my office on the cork board. I love cats and have only tried to wash one or two - it's amazing how they got this shot - much less managed the hairdo. Thanks for the joy. MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 67677
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:07 am

Jenetta wrote:
    the only thing that is rather upsetting me at the moment is that I forgot the original link to Avalon 1 which is "read only" so I can pick up some old posts and threads to store the material

Here is the link to A1 Jenetta and good news ... it's running again :)

http://projectavalon.net/forum/index.php

Love from me
    mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:29 pm

T&I, 'Do What Thou Willst, Shall Be The Whole Of The Law' - or something in that fashion.
    The bodemline is that everybody can say what he likes, at MoA, whether it's MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 597754 or MOVING THE FORUM TO IT'S OWN WEBSITE IN MAY - Page 3 374937 !

Free Speech Rules!
    Mercuriel
    Mercuriel
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Mercuriel Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:53 pm

Y'know its funny - We say what do You want Us to do and what do We get ?

Explanations - Long drawn out Diatribes - Etc.

We're trying to do the Best that We can for You All. Tell Us what You want or is that too hard ? Simply put and enough of the long drawn out Posts about It - What does this Community wish Us to do ?

Stay here in limitation or expand the Site ?

NOTE : Nothing changes - It only gets better if We expand.

You'll just have more features. Whats so hard about this decision ? Is it that You've been given a decision to make and cannot decide - Hence the complaining from some in this Post - Or is it that some just do not want to choose at all and would rather complain ?

I don't know - It seems pretty simple to Me.

Q - Do You want more Features and abilities here or not ?

A - Yes or No...

Make a decision and be done with It...

And BTW - There never was any Version 1 - Version 2 - Version 2.5 MoA. Thats just Sophistry and Obfuscation.

Invision crashed pure and simple. No Support - And with a 300 Character Limit on Posts what was to be done there ? So We moved the Forums to this Host AS WE CANNOT USE OR ACCESS the Invision MoA very well at all and so here We are.

Now - If someone thinks that We should have stayed at Invision then think of Us the AdMods Who try very hard for You All every day, and would have had to suffer that Forum and It's Controls Ad Infinitum. Add to that - The ACP for Invision went down too and We couldn't get at JACK SQUAT. So again what was left to do BUT move to another Host.

Its simple People - Yes or No and move on. We can handle It - Bank on that...

Wink

Peace, Light, Love, Harmony and Unity...
    malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:57 pm

YES...move on, for better.
    Bobbie
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:09 pm

I've already voted but I'll vote again.

Y E S - LET'S MOVE

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:34 pm