tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Maher: "I Think Anybody Could Be President In This Dumb F**king Country"

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Maher: "I Think Anybody Could Be President In This Dumb F**king Country"   Empty Maher: "I Think Anybody Could Be President In This Dumb F**king Country"

Post  Carol Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:21 pm

"When it gets down to two people, the electorate always holds their nose and votes the one they like the least. The economy is in the toilet -- I, I, I think anybody could be president in this dumb, f**king country," Bill Maher said on his "Real Time" program.

Panel: Larry King, Rick Lazio and Melissa Harris-Perry

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Maher: "I Think Anybody Could Be President In This Dumb F**king Country"   Empty Re: Maher: "I Think Anybody Could Be President In This Dumb F**king Country"

Post  Carol Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Obama Says Gas Prices Will Come Down When We Start Using Magic Unicorn Dust, or Something
    WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama says one answer to high gasoline prices is to spend money developing renewable energy sources.

“That’s the key to helping families at the pump and reducing our dependence on foreign oil” in the long term, he said Saturday in his weekly radio and Internet address.

Obama raises the issue of rising fuel prices during almost every public appearance and says that he understands the strain higher fuel costs are putting on some family budgets.

He announced Thursday during an event in Reno, Nev., that the Justice Department will begin looking for cases of fraud or manipulation in the oil markets, even though Attorney General Eric Holder suggested a variety of legal reasons may be behind the surging gas prices.

As he has before, Obama said Saturday there is no “silver bullet” that will slash gas prices immediately. But he said there are things government can do to help make a difference in the long term. They also include boosting U.S. oil production, rooting out any illegal activity by traders and speculators and ending $4 billion in annual taxpayer subsidies to oil and gas companies.

“Instead of subsidizing yesterday’s energy sources, we need to invest in tomorrow’s,” Obama said.

read more at http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/23/obama-gas-price-solution-lies-renewable-energy-sources/?test=latestnews

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am