tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Floyd Eco Village

Floyd
    Floyd

Floyd Eco Village Empty Floyd Eco Village

Post  Floyd Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:54 am

There is an eco village called Floyd

Well I thought it was pretty funny!
    http://floydecovillage.com/
    sunflower
    sunflower

Floyd Eco Village Empty Re: Floyd Eco Village

Post  sunflower Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:04 am

They seem to be doing well so far. May they continue to flourish successfully!
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:16 am

I am in the general area of Blue Ridge mountains. I am off to googlemap the town of Floyd, but I couldn't tell which state by seeing the webpage...it could be GA or VA. Does anyone see a reference to location? Update: I found Floyd County in Georgia, where I have visited many times. There is an agricultural college there, and it would be cool to see if the eco village was near Berry College. What was once considered uncool, a university with cows and crops, is suddenly very cool to the young people. About time! We probably should be teaching farming to as many young people as are interested. My brother taught environmental education for a while in the North US, and had students that did not know that food came from the earth. When they planted a garden, some of the kids wouldn't eat the tomatoes because they came out of the "dirt" instead of the store. As Merc would say: Ei yie yie.
    sunflower
    sunflower

Post  sunflower Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:28 pm

I remember that our older daughter at the age of five refused to eat eggs collected inside a barn. She wanted me to use cold ones from the supermarket!
    lindabaker
    lindabaker

Post  lindabaker Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:36 pm

I don't know if you are from the US, but we have brand of milk called Pet Milk. When my daughter was seven or eight she refused to drink it. She thought they squeezed milk out of the "teats of the dogs and cats and I won't drink it!"

sorry to go off topic, but this is fun
    sunflower
    sunflower

Post  sunflower Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:57 pm

Too funny but seriously your daughter was using flawless logic.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:30 am