tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

US physics professor resigns from APS : 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life'

mudra
    mudra

US physics professor resigns from APS : 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life'  Empty US physics professor resigns from APS : 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life'

Post  mudra Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:48 am

US physics professor: 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life'

October 9th, 2010

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/jamesdelingpole/100058265/us-physics-professor-global-warming-is-the-greatest-and-most-successful-pseudoscientific-fraud-i-have-seen-in-my-long-life/

Harold Lewis is Emeritus Professor of Physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara. Here is his letter of resignation to Curtis G. Callan Jr, Princeton University, President of the American Physical Society.

Anthony Watts describes it thus:

This is an important moment in science history. I would describe it as a letter on the scale of Martin Luther, nailing his 95 theses to the Wittenburg church door. It is worthy of repeating this letter in entirety on every blog that discusses science.

It’s so utterly damning that I’m going to run it in full without further comment. (H/T GWPF, Richard Brearley).

Dear Curt:
    When I first joined the American Physical Society sixty-seven years ago it was much smaller, much gentler, and as yet uncorrupted by the money flood (a threat against which Dwight Eisenhower warned a half-century ago). Indeed, the choice of physics as a profession was then a guarantor of a life of poverty and abstinence—it was World War II that changed all that. The prospect of worldly gain drove few physicists. As recently as thirty-five years ago, when I chaired the first APS study of a contentious social/scientific issue, The Reactor Safety Study, though there were zealots aplenty on the outside there was no hint of inordinate pressure on us as physicists. We were therefore able to produce what I believe was and is an honest appraisal of the situation at that time. We were further enabled by the presence of an oversight committee consisting of Pief Panofsky, Vicki Weisskopf, and Hans Bethe, all towering physicists beyond reproach. I was proud of what we did in a charged atmosphere. In the end the oversight committee, in its report to the APS President, noted the complete independence in which we did the job, and predicted that the report would be attacked from both sides. What greater tribute could there be?

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

US physics professor resigns from APS : 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life'  Empty Re: US physics professor resigns from APS : 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life'

Post  eMonkey Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:31 am

One has to wonder, why he did not speak up earlier.

Why now? Something or someone has pushed him to this point and now he is spilling the beans. Something does not add up for him to suddenly see the light. There is much going on and I suspect some of these people that are at the top are realising that soon they will be on the wrong end of a pitch fork and they are covering their asses. It is a fact that he failed to represent the rest of us, not that the APS failed to represent him.

Of course, it is not only Global warming that has been covered up. Why did he not champion "Free Energy" too instead of pooh pooing ideas and inventions from people not in their PhD "Piled High and Deeper" club. Is that also not a crime against Humanity, Mr Lewis?

Good riddence Mr Lewis.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

US physics professor resigns from APS : 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life'  Empty Re: US physics professor resigns from APS : 'Global warming is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life'

Post  Carol Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:51 am

I wrote something about this on another thread and will say it again.

Global warming is real as it has been happening throughout our solar system with our sister planets.

Underwater and above ground volcanic activity is on the increase heating the oceans and melting the polar caps.

The sun has been less active so we have no clue as to why the increase in volcanic activity.

With all of the major volcanic eruptions world-wide it has put tons and tons of ash into the upper atmosphere.

With the oceans heating up this also puts a lot more H2O in the upper atmosphere.

With the sun less active, all the volcanic ash in the air and increased H2O, the planet is cooling off and likely to enter into a mini ice age or greater.

Now the question I am left with is this. Why are the oceans heating up and our sister planets warming up if the sun is less active? What is causing this phenonomen?

There is a recent article about how this upcoming winter is expected to be the coldest on record and we see more extremes (hot and cold) in the weather. I understand the cooling off and what is happening there but have no clue as to why the core is heating up.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    eMonkey
    eMonkey

Post  eMonkey Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Carol wrote:
    With the sun less active, all the volcanic ash in the air and increased H2O, the planet is cooling off and likely to enter into a mini ice age or greater.

Now the question I am left with is this. Why are the oceans heating up and our sister planets warming up if the sun is less active? What is causing this phenonomen?

Yes, this is indeed a phenomenon. I had predicted an ice age 34 years ago - I had what you could call a vision. You can't imagine how I was laughed at. Still smarts today..

As for why? that is indeed a mystery, but I bet someone knows the truth though.

I do not want to detract from your message Carol however, getting back to Mr Lewis. He is not the cause of it I am sure we can all agree, but the story was his resignation. Anyone that stands in the way of progress for humanity should be put under the microscope. Especially so, on the subject of Free Energy where, people have died at the hands of nefarious agencies, whilst trying to bring an end to suffering. He is just another member of the corrupt Mafiosa. Many free energy pundits have suffered at the hands of these people and their perpetuated lies dismissing many new concepts as junk science by this man and people like him.

The psuedo science of warming was a sham and rightly so. But for him to right now - at this moment fall on his sword, to me, smells of fish. There was so much this man could have done and should have done that beggars belief.

It does not take a rocket scientist to work out that there is some other cause for this phenomenon which does not involve CO2 belching factories and cars on Mars and the other planets when, the sun is in a cool period. If these guys were so smart, why did they ignore all of this impirical evidence and instead, choose a flim flam scam that would be eventually found out? Nothing to me adds up other than they are all in the same stinking bucket of fish.

Well, their time of trials and tribulation comes nearer as outlined in the Bible.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:32 am