tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

2 posters

WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS! Empty WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS!

Post  Carol Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:03 am

WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS! 38925798-9228229-Residents_in_the_Midwest_are_bracing_for_a_flash_freeze_set_to_s-a-48_1612539189046

WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE
    on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9228229/Polar-Vortex-cause-temperatures-plunge-35-degrees-Midwest.html

Brace for the 'flash freeze'! Polar Vortex set to bring bitter cold to all 50 states on Monday will cause temperatures to plunge to -35 degrees in the Midwest- making antifreeze FREEZE

Polar vortex is expected to bring below-freezing temperatures to all 50 states next Monday

At least 85 percent of the country will be affected by the icy temperatures; in parts of the Midwest, temperatures are now predicted to fall as low as -35F

Meteorologists predict it could get so cold that car antifreeze could solidify

Officials in some parts of Iowa and Minnesota are considering closing schools on Monday as it could be unsafe for children to leave home

WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS! 38925762-9228229-The_severe_cold_snap_will_be_caused_by_a_polar_vortex_pushing_ar-a-49_1612539189060

The Northeast will also be affected by the big freeze after finally digging out from Winter Storm Olena; temperatures will plunge below already-icy averages

Residents in the Midwest are bracing for a 'flash freeze' set to send temperatures plummeting as low as -35 degrees Fahrenheit (-37 Celsius).

The severe cold snap will be caused by a polar vortex pushing arctic winds down into the US, where all 50 states - even Hawaii - are expected to experience below freezing temperatures next Monday.

More than 212 million Americans will affected by the bitterly cold conditions, CNN reports.

However, the icy weather will be at its most extreme in the Midwest, where preparations are already in place to close schools and roads for fear of fatalities.

In some areas, temperatures will be up to 30 degrees below average. Meteorologists predict it could get so cold that car antifreeze could solidify.

WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS! 38850790-9228229-This_map_shows_forecast_lows_headed_into_next_week_when_the_pola-a-45_1612539189026

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS! Empty WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS!

Post  Jenetta Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:41 pm

Why do I feel cold just reading this? Lmfao In my part of the world rarely gets down to the minus digits however that is not the case for this following week least I've got my long johns...February overall is proving to be quite abnormal weather wise. So which is it? Mini Ice Age advancing or global warming? Or is Bill Gates busy "dimming the Sun"?

Admin
    Admin

WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS! Empty Re: WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS!

Post  Carol Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:08 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkO2OOSRK2c&feature=emb_logo
    Red Alert! An Icy, Snowy & Freezy 10 Day storm period
    is already leading to Major problems & Danger

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS! Empty Re: WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS!

Post  Carol Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:13 am

Jenetta wrote:Why do I feel cold just reading this? Lmfao In my part of the world rarely gets down to the minus digits however that is not the case for this following week least I've got my long johns...February overall is proving to be quite abnormal weather wise. So which is it? Mini Ice Age advancing or global warming?  Or is Bill Gates busy "dimming the Sun"?

Anyones guess is good as the next persons BUT there were warnings about a DARK WINTER months back. I'm beginning to wonder about this. Simon Parkes said they had been notified to expect no gas, electric, cell phone or net availability in England. No way to heat food, no water, no what to heat thier homes unless they are preppers with stored food, lanterns or candles, camping stoves. Can't imagine how it would be to be cut off from all news and information sources.

We did purchase a couple of wood burning stoves last summer. One for the cabin and one for the house. So far we. have propane for our fireplace and stove. Electric is good.

It's snowing lightly now and the weather tends to be in the 20-30s for a good 5 months here so cold is something we're used to.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:08 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfkzt5EZCWQ&feature=emb_logo
    16 DAY FORECAST THE POLAR VORTEX PLUNGE !!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:55 am

WEATHER DOOM FOR MONDAY: Flash FREEZE POLAR VORTEX to bring DEEP FREEZE on MONDAY! ALL 50 STATES AFFECTED! -35 TEMPS! EuR7n-KVEAYgim1?format=png&name=360x360
    HISTORIC FREEZE TEX!
    -20° FEEL DALLAS
    SNOW SAN ANTONIO
    POWER GRID STRUGGLES
    MILLIONS IN DARK
    CHILL MAP

Texas sees one of its coldest winters in decades as temperatures drop

“Every part of the state of Texas will face freezing conditions. That includes all the way down to Brownsville, Texas, over the coming days,” Abbott said in a press conference. “In many of those locations across the state of Texas, the high temperature for the day will be in the single digits.”

Warnings were issued by other government officials across the state, including Houston’s mayor, Sylvester Turner, who cited concerns about icy road conditions and urge people to not drive and stay home. Last Thursday, the city of Fort Worth saw a pileup of up to 100 cars, where six people died and several others were injured.

Unlike north-east states, Texas roads are not typically laid with salt, which helps melt ice. So roads in the state are not equipped to handle ice or sleet and most cars in the state don’t have snow tires. The average temperature for February is about 48F in Houston and 43F in San Antonio, making this winter exceptionally cold.

Unless it is a dire situation, I am asking Houstonians to please stay off the roads starting Sunday evening and going into Tuesday. #houwx

— Sylvester Turner (@SylvesterTurner) February 12, 2021
    Public transportation authorities in cities like San Antonio are modifying bus schedules , and in some cases, pausing them altogether. Jeff Arndt, the CEO of San Antonio’s transit authority, VIA, told the Guardian that informing riders of the changes to public transportation – like suspending all bus services Sunday evening and operating a weekend bus schedule on weekdays – will be difficult.

“The biggest challenge is making sure the customers know what we’re doing,” Arndt said. “We can handle the logistics of getting people in and making sure the buses are fueled. It’s really getting the information to the customers.”

Disabled riders received a call from VIA letting them know that buses wouldn’t be running, but for others, Arndt said it’s a challenge to get word out that public transit operations will be modified.

“Every route in our system has a detour due to icy roads right now,” Arndt said.

Texans all over the state are preparing for the winter storm, now dubbed an “Arctic Blast.” HEB, the state’s largest supermarket chain and the nation’s 20th largest retailer, reduced store hours.

Due to severe weather, some stores will have temporarily reduced hours. Find real-time updates to store hours at https://t.co/AYVBihH5KB. We continue to monitor the situation & will resume regular hours as soon as possible.

— H-E-B (@HEB) February 13, 2021
    “I was out this morning, because of course you have to go to HEB,” Arndt said. “The traffic was extremely light on the freeway, but I probably saw half a dozen cars pulled over on the shoulder facing the wrong way because obviously they spun out.”

Concerns about power outages due to the high demand for energy across the state prompted officials to urge residents to conserve where possible. Raymond Villalba, 42, said living in Houston, a city with a history of significant natural disaster events like 2017’s Hurricane Harvey, has prepared him for the cold weather anomaly.

“Living in Texas, I’m always prepared. I have a generator if we lose power. I’ve got plenty of charcoal and propane just in case. I don’t just do it now, I do it all the time. Even though we don’t get too many of these arctic blasts, we do get hurricanes and floods,” Villalba said.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:38 am