tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+9
Swanny
Carol
orthodoxymoron
Morpheus
Mercuriel
Sanicle
mudra
ClearWater
Vidya Moksha
13 posters

THE BRIDGE-WAY

mudra
    mudra

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Empty Re: THE BRIDGE-WAY

Post  mudra Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:25 pm

Lionhawk wrote:sunny

Well these were the days were apparently it was of no importance
    that I knew about it.
    Probably had my attention pulled elsewhere.
    I was suggesting Carol the other day we should have an amnesty
    for the banned people every now and then so that if they wish
    to return on new grounds and good standing they would be able to
    do so.
    I never liked the idea of a ban for life. This makes little sense to me
    as I believe everyone of us may slip on these forums as we may slip
    in life but considering the good in people as being the core stuff they
    are made of there is plenty of room for recovery and resurgence of
    beauty in everyone of us :)

Talking of beauty these boats of yours are full of grace and the water they are gliding on
    truly pristine. Well done of You Lionhawk. This is love in action :)

Have a great day
    Love from me
    mudra

Whoops...lol!

Yepper. Lionhawk was a bad boy while you were at the other end of the forest. You know me, Mudra, the clashing Sparktan that I am. I had to cross that line. I don't even remember what brought it on, now thinking back. It's been that long ago. Folks knew about it as Brook was dealing with damage control. Lionhawk, apparently needed a time out. He got one. What I do remember is that I wasn't upset over it. It was Ces't La Vie for me. I say that because I didn't have a chance to even apologize. What else could I do? Only to go elsewhere and start again. I now see it as I was needed elsewhere. And elsewhere I went. Instead of the Mandella effect you referenced, I see it as the Apple Tree effect. Where the tree gets smacked, but has to produce apples elsewhere. Which reminds me of a story a time long ago.

Back when I was a young kid at age 5, in the middle of January with 2' of snow on the ground, cold as hell, my Mother kicked my younger brother and me out of the house. It was a late Saturday morning when this happened. My Mother evicted us. We packed up some clothes in some Big Bunny paper bags and headed down the driveway. I remember my 4-year-old brother asking me where are we going to sleep? As we waddled down the driveway, my dad pulls into the driveway and rolls his window down and says, where are you going? I replied, "We're leaving, Mom kicked us out." My dad responded with a pissed off tone, "Get your asses back to the house!" lol! Now if you can imagine, two small kids carrying shopping bags that were almost as big as us, waddling down a driveway making life decisions at age 5 and 4.  Crazy Happy What I do remember was that I had no fear as to the new direction we were heading. Also, the comfort of the wood stoves when we got back into the house. Another funny detail was that Mom had made sure that we had the right clothes on before we left. My only question at this point is, did Mom know when Dad was going to roll up onto the driveway? hmmm...? This was my first  Ban experience.  lol!

Anyways, all things are good now and I have no plans to rock the boat again no matter who says what. I did learn my lesson. Even at this age. The important thing here is that we must have the utmost respect for each other. My lesson learned. No matter the exchange you may have, that might lead to conflict. I stand in a very different place now, in regards to all this. I now "GET IT!" Got to know when to let it go so you don't disrespect the exchange before you cross that line as I did. Another lesson learned and another cycle has been completed and released.

So for the newbies, learn from my mistakes. Don't come here and be hostile. Especially in the first line of a post. No one will want to hear what you have to say if you jump out with a hostile attitude. It's a big turn off! Respect the rules of the house. They're in place for a good reason.

Not to change subjects, but the below pic and video seem appropriate for this posting. Artwork comes in many forms as you know. This is some of my artwork as in the boats you will see. I built these boats. Look at the water around the first one. My advice is to not rock the boat. You'll ruin a great pic if you do.

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Whipra10

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Whipra11

So there you go, Mudra. JT

You had me @ Namaste'
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:38 pm

Going to post this here as this thread seems to be the place to be. Hope you don't mind.

If you do then hard luck  Malletzky

This is Kimbe.
    I used to live there back in 1994

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdVhTKXPHro

Looks pretty much the same as it did back in 94

Except the pavements aren't red. Maybe they banned the betel nut? scratch
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:39 pm

Mudra / Lionhawk. I'm not for lifetime bans yet there are some who crossed the line and wrapped it around themselves that left an exceptional bad impression.

Lionhawk, you were just on your white horse out to protect Brook from what, I believe, you and she thought was an attack from another member. At least I think that was what started it off. Bottom line when it comes to communication an attitude of mutual respect is what works best. Mutual respect goes a long way. Personally, I don't like conflict and prefer that members work their kerfuffles out on their own. Saves me a lot of stress. It's not a good idea to stress the forum admin on any forum.

I also want to thank you for the other scans. I really appreciated you taking the time to do this and share what you saw. It was something I had wanted to ask you about but didn't want to impose knowing what you were still dealing with. So Mahalo dear friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your rock Swanny,

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Diary,

We had 5 inches of snow yesterday. Lovely day to sit by the window in front of the fire and enjoy the falling snow. We got two tarp garages up and the 10'x20’ tarp up so that the vehicles will be protected for the winter. Still lots to do outside but the essentials are taken care of. Spouse even moved an old tarp garage over to the cabin so he’ll have a place to work when it’s time to put on the roof, floors and walls.

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas here with all of the 100 foot tall majestic pine trees covered with white snow.

Hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving this Thursday. Our local calendar said it was Thanksgiving last Thursday and subsequently, we almost celebrated it last week. It was such a relief that there was another week to go. The turkey is now thawed and in the fridge..with the extra milk outside since there was no room left for it after the turkey was put in there. Will make pumpkin pudding dessert tomorrow along with the cranberry relish and prep the veggies for the dressing to be made on Thursday morning. We’re going to try a new turkey recipe this year.

Spouse is off to the dentist 80 miles away tomorrow. It may snow again however, we’ve been testing out the C-Max in the snow to see how it drives. With the studded tires it does great even in 5 inches of snow in the driveway. Of course yesterday, while it was snowing, spouse was out there shoveling the snow off the front deck and making sure it was off the tops of the new tarp garages. Odd how the one tarp garage in the sun gets ice crystals inside the lining along the ceiling from the condensation.

The cats don’t like snow or cold. However, our Weiner dog is in heaven and loves taking off outside to explore. A couple of deer were in the front meadow this morning after the apple peelings we left from making the Cheddar Apple Soup. We hung a small cage fill with suet out for the birds on a Maple tree branch. Spouse put it on a string that can pull the suet up higher just in case Albert (our cat) is out wanting a to play catch the flying feathers. The Stellar Blue Jays love the suet as do the smaller birds. Of course the other cats are inside staring out the window watching the bird action outside with their tails twitching. Yesterday, while it was snowing, the dog and cats were at the window just staring outside. They sat there on the couch mesmerized for hours.

We finished off the yam, butternut squash chicken soup yesterday. Another soup experiment that turned out okay using the Instant Pot. Delicious.

I did order daughter and spouse’s Xmas gifts from L.L. Bean. Snow shoes and a sonic tube for sledding. They’re hidden in the back of the van. There so big I'm not even going to try and wrap them. Will probably have clues hidden all around the house so they can go on a treasure hunt Christmas morning.

The dog just came in covered with snow that fell on her when she was under the Maple tree exploring around. She just tried to pull a plush blanket off the chair to curl up in and get warm. Silly dog. With the sun out snow is melting off the trees. She's now settled down in her bed in front of the fire place. A wise thing to do after being covered in freezing snow.

Our daughter said she couldn’t even see the lines in the road when driving to work this morning. He co-worker told her to, “Just guess.” At which point we all had a laugh. It can be a bit un-nerving for someone not used to driving in snow not being able to see the lines - and even for those who are used to it.  On the way home last week, at dusk, I was driving slowly around a tight S curve when a large stage, with his huge rack, stepped out of the tall dried grass at the edge of the road right in front of the C-Max. Fortunately, due to being slowed down for the curve I didn’t hit it - thank goodness. One accident of hitting a deer head on is enough for a life time. Poor daughter hit a deer, killing it this past summer. Neither one of us saw it until the side mirror was dislodge and flew past. That was the second deer killed by her car. Sad.

Dusk is the worst time to be on the roads around here when deer are all out wandering around. It’s much more preferable watching them from the living room window walking about.

Baking begins tomorrow. Lots to do for Thursday. So this is the 11/26/19 update. Life is good.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:24 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:
    Carol wrote:Oxy, when you add too much data in your excessively long posts it messes up the thread and takes forever to load. Please go back and do one of two things. 1. edit out what can be edited with you still getting your message across. 2. Delete what slows down the load (excessive pics and videos) thereby, making it easier for others to access the thread. Now.. I'll give you a bit of time to do this (tomorrow at the latest), as I have a mind to delete the whole post given how it's messing up the thread loading. However, I prefer you clean up the problem you created by doing a bit of house cleaning in your post.
    Sorry Carol. I didn't realize how many videos had been posted, and I deleted most of them in all of my posts on this page. I also deleted most of the images on this page. Sometimes I get carried-away by the new-technology. If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is probably worth a million words. The pictures and videos say things SO Much Better than I can. When personal-computer capabilities increase sufficiently, I'll probably post nothing but images and videos, but that will probably be in my next-life on a different website on a different planet.

Sorry it took so long for me to reply Oxy. Thank you for cleaning up your post. I like the videos and pics but it doesn't work for a long post. If you broke it up with smaller posts that would work just fine.

Lionhawk
    Lionhawk

Post  Lionhawk Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:06 pm

sunny

Dear Diary,

This will be a shorter post since I don't feel like reposting what I spent 3 hours this morning to just get signed out and having it disappear. Bummer. Anyways, I just want to wish you and everyone a Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow. I wanted to tell Mudra, THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Mudra411, that her last posting was perfect! To tell Swanny, of course I mind. I wish you would post more as I value your company. To Carol, that I am having a turkey pot pie, 10 minutes work and no dishes to even bother with. I hope you have a very happy day in the kitchen. Crazy Happy I also pulled the trigger on that plasma tech. It will be 3 weeks before it gets here. The computer is running like top-notch. It flies now with no speed bumps and freezing. I am also getting one cool Christmas present this year. A grow tent kit. Complete. It ain't cheap. 5K. But I will be able to address what works for me as far as my pain issues. That huge white oak finally came all the way down. You know the one that hung up into 3 other trees when we had that tornado 2 years ago. I had thought that I was going to have to cut those 3 trees just to finish what the tornado didn't. Saved me a lot of work. Missed the sawmill too, by a couple of feet when it came all the way down. Huge tree. Over 100' in height and at least 30" in diameter. Narley looking tree. Old. Amazing, as to what that tornado did and didn't do. All this being said, things continue on a positive path. Till next time...

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Dsc_0011

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Dsc_0012

OH! Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

Namaste'
    Morpheus
    Morpheus

Post  Morpheus Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:11 pm

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Sun11

Good morning!

Hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving weekend. That you're all safe and sound and getting ready for Christmas. It would seem that mother nature had different plans this year as far as the weather. A lot of snow from the West Coast to the East Coast. I wonder how much snow Carol got?

Thanksgiving here was very quiet. The weather here has been seasonal at best. So far, no snow and the temperature seems to have normalized or warmed up as compared to what it was a couple weeks ago. I had a funny feeling a month ago that the United States would be slammed with lots of snow this holiday weekend. I have a couple of friends living in Spokane, and I had told one of them in particular, to get ready. So she paid attention to what I had to say, and got her snow tires put on her car, just in the nick of time.

Last week, I decided to purchase some software, that will help me write a book. It's called Dragon. A speech recognition software. It came on Saturday. I didn't spend much money on it simply because I heard a lot of negative reviews. Version 13 and I spent $31 on it. So far so good! Matter of fact I am using it to write this post. A lot to get used to in terms of learning the commands. But it seems a lot faster than typing with all of my micro edits that seem to take up much of my time when writing a post. Bad eyes and a bad keyboard, creates a lot of work and takes a lot of your time.

I also changed the browser to Opera. I used Firefox for years and I still like Firefox, but I thought a change would do me good. One feature on the OPERA browser is a snapshot function. It also has on your main search screen a speed dial function to where you can have certain websites that you like, posted on the main speed dial page, to where you have easy access. One thing I noticed, is that the Dragon software is very accurate, at least to my voice. It will also match your dialect. I have a slight southern drawl and it has no problem matching my words with my expressions. Pretty cool! You have to put some work into it to train it. What else is new?

Another program I downloaded, is called Grammarly. This program does a lot. It's great for spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure in the English language that is. So if you're having problems with spelling, sentence structure, punctuation, it will highlight it and then you get to decide how you want to correct it. Very useful tool. It's also free but the free version doesn't give you the full version. They also send you a weekly report as to your progress. I opted out of the full version because I didn't want the program to interfere with expression. Which it will try to do.

Here's a question I have? Do they still teach how to write in cursive? So much has changed since I have gone to school. Whatever you do do not throw away any books, especially the older ones. When I was a young buck and a Boy Scout, we would have paper drives, to generate money for the troop. We would go out on a Saturday, everywhere in our town and collect newspapers and books. And that is how I started my library at home. It was rare to find a box of books at someone's house but plenty a newspaper all bundled up waiting for somebody to come by to take them. I didn't have any money so to get free books was a plus for me. Especially when I stayed back in third grade. Because of bad reading comprehension.

My second-grade teacher, Mrs. Richards, heard about me staying back and came by one day with three boxes of books and she told me to read them twice. From there, my grades went up. She was a very old teacher and I am so glad that she took a timeout, came to my house, with a nurturing spirit, and helped me out. I made good on those efforts to the point where mom was worried that I was reading too much. I had a bad habit of reading in the dark light in my room. My mom was worried that she would have to break down and get me some eyeglasses. A cost that we could not afford.

So if you find yourself buried in snow, make sure you make a big pot of soup and keep the old wood stove stoked up! Stay warm. Hot If you can't stay warm, come by the BridgeWay, as the fire will be roaring over here, along with Andy's famous soup that has a lot of good stuff in it. It's a secret soup recipe that will take the chill out of your bones.

Namaste' and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

santa

Last edited by Morpheus on Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:51 pm

Looks like the Dragon software works really well. Like the font too. Cheerful

And yes, thank God for truly good teachers. I had one that took me from second bottom of the class to second top in one subject one year. It still amazes me that she was able to pull that off. I think her strictness, her positive attitude that I would succeed and improving my self confidence made all the difference actually.

Makes me wonder what could have been achieved if all my adult guides in life had been the same. Bleh

I love you
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:34 pm

Nice and neat text LionHawk.
    You have now your  private secretary you can carry around wherever you go in your pocket.
    How awesome is that. I think it's not a dragon but a dragoness :)
    We do not celebrate Thanks Giving in my country but we do still celebrate Christmas and New Year.
    No snow here yet although it's getting colder.
    I am busy preparing my creations for a Christmas Market that will be on this week end.
    Also organizing a Toltec workshop for 2020 where we will practice energy passes and recapitulation
    at a friend's loft here in Brussels.
    Can't wait to get there :)
    On the 15th I am flying to Spain for a few weeks.
    Doing well these days. High energy level and quite contented.

Much Love to you all.
    Be inspired Morpheus. Love will guide you through that book awesome book of yours.

Make the best out of it if snow comes your way :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kac5Sl04pgI

The Karen

mudra
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:17 am

Brrrrr!!!!!!! Water
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:21 pm

Dear Diary,

Today is Dec 4th. It's 24° out this morning and freezing fog down in the valley. At least it's 5° warmer then yesterday morning. Freezing fog also means hoar ice crystalize frost on the trees. Think Narnia. When the sun comes out everything sparkles like a million diamonds.

This past week has been busy. Was so tired Wednesday that I didn't think we would have a Thanksgiving dinner. However, woke at 5am and decide to tackle the turkey. Saw this new cooking method where after seasoning the bird, pre-heated the over to 500° and put the bird in on its back for 20 minutes and then turned it onto its breast for another 20 minutes at 500° to seal in the juices. Then turned the over down to 250° for the next 4 1/2 hours to cook. Also wrapped a yam up in foil to cook with the turkey. Turkey turned out so moist and tender that the meat was falling off the bones. The pumpkin pudding was made last and new recipe turned out well. Dinner was ready by noon. Yum.

The next day we got out the Christmas Village house and set that up on top of the cotton batting that looked like snow. All the little houses were lit up and looked magical. Then we had to prep the kitchen as the new kitchen counters, that we've been waiting on the past two years because there wasn't anyone who could do it, were going installed on Tuesday. All the old tile back splashes had to be removed, old counter tops pried off and kitchen sink removed. Am still pleasantly surprise how we ran into our cabinet maker. It was such a serendipitous meeting as we has stopped by the shop to pick up our flooring sample for the cabin and saw him walking out of the building. There was this energetic recognition. Minutes later, while we were in the building, he walked back in and was introduced to us by the owner of the store. Fabulous! So after two years we finally got the right person to do an incredible professional job.

We've been following mudra's tip on Knox gelatin first thing every morning since the 22nd and today is the first day (12 days into this), am feeling improvement. Also add the Pure Trim Joint Tea powder to it. (Thank you Susan for the Pure Trim link) This is good progress. Also got the treadmill unburied as spouse keeps putting stuff on it so it can't be used. It's enjoyable to go walking, while warm inside, looking at the snow outside the window. Of course it helps to do the 20 wall push-ups (or is that push backs?) when first up and half asleep before the walk. It's easier to do when the brain isn't engaged yet, saying 'Stop, that's enough' only after a few push outs.

Am also doing the fast 18 hours a day and it feels good to have an empty stomach. Drinking more Oolong and Chai tea, which is comforting.

We did send out about 30 'chocolate filled' Advent Calendars to family, friends, children, nieces, siblings. An Advent Calendar makes a great Christmas gift and everyone loved them. It was the first time the nieces and nephews ever had one. They were so excited. Then there was that nostalgic one from 1946 that just might get framed.

Saturday spouse and daughter (her day off from work) will cut down the Christmas tree. They already picked it out. Since we live on 9 acres of forested land there are numerous pine trees to select from. The tree this year is one is near the road blocking viewing access of cars that pass by, so it needed to come down. We already made a space for it inside and will get out the decorations later today.

Finished up most of the Christmas gift on-line shopping yesterday. It's nice to have that done with just a few things (food items left) to get later towards Christmas Day. Also signed up for a Christmas wrapped wool ornament class this Saturday, a Hot Cider painting class next Saturday and some oil painting classes the following week. It's enjoyable fro be creating art with others present doing the same thing. https://josephy.org/classes/

We'll probably work on the Christmas cards and letters this week. We like having Christmas music playing while decorating the tree and doing the cards. Am going to send the cancer info in a card to a cousin who is on chemo. He's one of those men who had 6 children, not sure how many grandkids and exceptionally talented. Hope it helps him.

Made up an interesting colorful menu list of dinner entrees and recipes for the cabinet maker, whose wife owns a new restaurant in town. He loved it. (see below) And also gave him a Trump 2020 beanie with pom pom on top that he loved. It's so nice living in a Trump red zone here, as compared to Obama's blue zone in Hawaii. Here one can safely have Trump yard signs out and not get vandalized by the radical left DemonRats.

Well, the cat (Albert) is jumping down from the top of the cabinet wanting to be fed. I can hear his collar jingle. Silly cat. He wants to go out in the freezing cold and is pawing at the window. Mr. Personality is staying inside where it's warm. The other critters are still sleeping.. and I shall go back to bed for a bit more to warm my freezing feet against spouse having gotten up early at 4am to write down some thoughts. Did order the KETO Instant Pot cookbook and will experiment with new recipes next week.

By the way. A big thank you to you Andy for the wonderful Christmas music, which we've been listening to. Andy, your holding back on recipes saddens me. I'll share my Turkey Tetrazzini recipe along with any of the ones listed below. Will you share yours - including the cookie ones? Sharing recipes is fun.

Big Hug to all this early AM. Now back to bed.

Roast Beef
    Yorkshire pudding
    Garlic mashed potatoes w gravy
    Peas
    Romaine salad with green onions, Mandarine orange slices, toasted sliced almonds, Balsamic Vinaigrette

Turkey (can also do this dinner just with turkey drum sticks or Cornish Game Hens)
    Dressing with apples, dried cranberries, onion, celery, walnuts
    Peas with dab of butter on top (do not over cook)
    Mashed potatoes with turkey gravy
    Cranberries with with orange zest and juice added
    Small baked yams with sour cream and brown sugar
    Fresh baked dinner rolls & butter

4-Cheese Lasagna (meat or vegetarian)
    Toasted French garlic bread
    Crisp mixed green salad (blue cheese or other white creamy dressing) or Spinach salad with raspberries, pine nuts, Raspberry Vinaigrette

Salmon baked topped lemon slices, dill & butter (low cal)
    Asparagus
    Mashed garlic Cauliflower
    Spinach salad with dried cranberries & glazed walnuts, Balsamic Vinaigrette

Soup
    French Onion soup cooked with Madeira, Sherry, Port wine topped with toasted buttered crostini, melted Emmental or Gruyère Cheese
    French garlic bread or small fresh baguette

Desserts (classic favorites)
    1) 4-Layer Dark Chocolate Devils Food Rum, Raspberry Sherbert, vanilla ice cream cake with chocolate ganache frosting (bottom layer - cake) - easy ganache recipe
    2) 2-Layer Dark Chocolate ‘Coffee’ Devils Food coffee ice cream cake topped with crushed Heathbars (bottom layer - coffee ice cream)
    3) Chocolate Lava Cake (warmed) with Vanilla bean ice cream
    4) Appel Strudel (warmed) with Vanilla bean ice cream
    5) Pumpkin pudding ‘crustless’ topped with whipped cream or Vanilla bean ice cream (can be baked in individual ramekins)
    6) Banana Cake with coffee frosting - served with coffee ice cream
    7) Apple/cranberry Crisp (warmed) topped with vanilla bean ice cream (can be baked in individual ramekins)
    Cool Bourbon bread pudding topped with whipped or ice cream

Eartheart
    Eartheart

Post  Eartheart Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:05 pm

Hypnotize woop, just to read that! And after i spend the summer/autum in alpine/dolomite 2222m+ with 20kg Chiaseeds and meadowherbs...
    Who domesticated you so much?
    Anyhow bon appetit! I liked the story where donald showed mercy to the whitehome turkey-ifitstrue...

My fasting dragon, my hungry tiger is more alert than this well fed bohemian... And healthier too H20
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:08 pm

Eartheart wrote:Hypnotize  woop, just to read that! And after i spend the summer/autum in alpine/dolomite 2222m+ with 20kg Chiaseeds and meadowherbs...
    Who domesticated you so much?
    Anyhow bon appetit! I liked the story where donald showed mercy to the whitehome turkey-ifitstrue...

My fasting dragon, my hungry tiger is more alert than this well fed bohemian... And healthier too H20

Eartheart cheers Nice to see you on the bridge .
    Looks like you had some awesome raw time up there in the dolomites.

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:27 pm

Carol wrote:

Roast Beef
    Yorkshire pudding
    Garlic mashed potatoes w gravy
    Peas
    Romaine salad with green onions, Mandarine orange slices, toasted sliced almonds, Balsamic Vinaigrette

Turkey (can also do this dinner just with turkey drum sticks or Cornish Game Hens)
    Dressing with apples, dried cranberries, onion, celery, walnuts
    Peas with dab of butter on top (do not over cook)
    Mashed potatoes with turkey gravy
    Cranberries with with orange zest and juice added
    Small baked yams with sour cream and brown sugar

4-Cheese Lasagna (meat or vegetarian)
    Toasted French garlic bread
    Crisp mixed green salad (blue cheese or other white creamy dressing) or Spinach salad with raspberries, pine nuts, Raspberry Vinaigrette

Salmon baked topped lemon slices, dill & butter (low cal)
    Asparagus
    Mashed garlic Cauliflower
    Spinach salad with dried cranberries & glazed walnuts, Balsamic Vinaigrette

Soup
    French Onion soup cooked with Madeira, Sherry, Port wine topped with toasted buttered crostini, melted Emmental or Gruyère Cheese
    French garlic bread or small fresh baguette

Desserts (classic favorites)
    1) 4-Layer Dark Chocolate Devils Food Rum, Raspberry Sherbert, vanilla ice cream cake with chocolate ganache frosting (bottom layer - cake) - easy ganache recipe
    2) 2-Layer Dark Chocolate ‘Coffee’ Devils Food coffee ice cream cake topped with crushed Heathbars (bottom layer - coffee ice cream)
    3) Chocolate Lava Cake (warmed) with Vanilla bean ice cream
    4) Appel Strudel (warmed) with Vanilla bean ice cream
    5) Pumpkin pudding ‘crustless’ topped with whipped cream or Vanilla bean ice cream (can be baked in individual ramekins)
    6) Banana Cake with coffee frosting - served with coffee ice cream
    7) Apple/cranberry Crisp (warmed) topped with vanilla bean ice cream (can be baked in individual ramekins)
    Cool Bourbon bread pudding topped with whipped or ice cream

OMG Carol is the menu you just outlined the standard Thanks Giving menu ? Shocked  Wink
    Starts at lunch time and finishes at midnight right ?
    I am already full just reading it cheers

Have fun with the Keto cooking book.
    Regarding the gelatin here is an interesting video I found regarding which to choose.
    I begun the gelatin cure using arrowroot and I mix it with various fruits and vegetable smoothies.
    Will report on how well I feel in a while :)

5 Best Collagen Supplements In 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMDNGG1snbg

You seem to live in a lovely spot on Earth.
    Winter can be tough but the snow is what makes it magical.
    When snow falls here in Brussels it tends to only last a week or two
    making it even more special.
    To me its like nature handing us a white paper on which we can write
    brand new stories as the New Year sets in.

Much Love
    mudra
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:39 pm

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Men-v-women-problems
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:40 am

Wow Carol. I'd go to that restaurant to sample ALL those dishes! They all sound YUMMOOOO!! cheers I think you could have added chef to your many talents had you chosen to.

Love those wool wrapped ornaments at the classes too! All shaping up to be a fun Christmas for you in your new home indeed. Cheerful Toast
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Swanny wrote:THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Men-v-women-problems

This is it then Swanny.
    I was wondering why you have been so quiet lately Lmfao

Love from me
    mudra
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:01 pm

It’s so good to see Eartheart posting. Welcome back dear friend. Your adventures are truly amazing.

Mudra, having gone to the new restaurant 5 different times and being dissatisfied it seemed that they needed some positive input to help their business grow. These are dishes I like but generally don’t make because they’re time intensive and are something to be enjoyed when going out to dine. I was giving them mouth watering menu suggestions to help bring in more diners. And yes. This is paradise. After it took 30 minutes to get a loaf of bread due to traffic when we lived in the Bay Area it was time to relocate to a rural area. We lived on top of a mountain next to Yosemite National Park for the next 8 years then moved here. Then to Hawaii and then back to here. All places were a paradise due to natures beauty. Nature is too awesome not to want to be in it on a daily basis. We’ve been exceptionally blessed since 1990 as a result. I made a bargain with god. While on the planet living in beautiful natural environment was an essential requirement. God has been vera, vera good in helping us find beautiful locations to settle in. Each has it’s own amazing story as how to we found it.

Love the 'Dear Diary' story Swanny. It’s perfect!

Sanicle. Cooking is fun but we usually keep it simple. The above recipes are for special occasions. And yes, the wool wrapped ornament class looks like fun. Am looking forward to attending tomorrow.

I’ve not sent out Advent Calendars in the past but this year was exceptionally life-threatening to 14 family members and friends. Several died and were revived. Several had cancer surgery. Several had heart scares (stroke, attack, stoppage) - all were in the hospital to keep them alive. One went into kidney renal failure after contacting the flu last March. My son also isn’t doing well with MS, heart and kidney medical problems, down to 128 lbs.. Brother had a heart scare and almost died. Another friend ended up on the operating table with bowl obstruction. Another life-long dear friend was hit by a truck in a T-bone car crash. Another had brain surgery for a tumor (single mom with 6 year old twin girls). Two ended up with weird blood infections. All on prayer lists due to the serious nature of what was happening. So this year, in celebration and appreciation for them pulling through, we sent them Advent Calendars, a symbol of hope and new life. Each of these individual has a special heart connection with us and all are amazing people. Each spiritual warriors and amazing self-less serving individuals. The knowledge that they have within them is astonishing and the good spiritual works that they have provided to others massive. In the midst of these challenges each of them maintain a positive uplifting attitude and continue to sally forth with good intent. We are so fortunate to to have our lives enriched by their presence and grateful. And, I didn’t want to be remiss by not letting them know how much they mean to us.

Last edited by Carol on Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:36 pm; edited 3 times in total

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:20 pm

Dear Diary,

Dec 6th, my mother's birthday. We'll go to her gravesite today and thank her for all that she gave to us. It's 26° out with the barometer dropping. Snow in the forecast.

I've finally took the plunge and ordered a Tower Garden. It was a bit challenging to put the first part together because the instructions listed letters A and B (non-existent) for the rods to go through. As spouse was busy setting up the 10' b y20' tarp before it snows this was my project. Sprawled on the floor with the different pieces about was the easy part. Getting the damm rod into the right hole was the challenge since it wasn't marked at all. Needless to say the challenge was met however the screws holding the top tower section to the base are in upside down. Note to self. Ask spouse to fix.

The Tower Garden [ https://www.towergarden.com ] is to grow our own food indoors. The plan was to prep the cabin to be self-sufficient with a ram pump for water from the creek and hydro-electricity. That way a tower garden can even do well in an emergency type of situation, Also purchased was non GMO seeds. Our tower garden is almost ready for the final phase, filling it with water and adding the grow lights. The seeds were started a couple of weeks ago and am still waiting for some of them to germinate. They need grow a few inches taller before installing them into their grow basket.

The unit purchased has a white base with wheels attached. Also purchased was the grow cage and LED indoor grow lights. The pump is on a timer so is always working correctly. It’s also set where the water is running for 15 minutes on and 45 minutes off. Grow lights are also on a timer and off for only 8 hours a day.

Learn more about aeroponics Tower Garden that grows nutrient-loaded produce. https://www.towergarden.com/shop

I’m really excited about this as we’ve done all types of ‘dirt’ gardening and I really wanted something that provided fresh organic food with all of the hard labor. I’m looking forward to fresh spinach, kale and lettuce as well. And will try cherry tomatoes along with herbs and other veggies. I also purchased the edible flowers seeds and will try that out as well. The baby greens and basil seedlings are doing the best right now.

As this was my project I put the tower garden unit together myself. Pretty easy except when the instructions off. Only pure logic got me past that instruction kerfuffle.

By the time we’re done with the cabin it will be completely self sufficient. We’re installing a ram pump for water and hydro-electricity from the creek next to it and will have a wood stove along with composting toilet. With hydro electricity that should be enough to power the tower garden and Villa. We’ll start off with propane for cooking with back up systems and outdoor grill. With regard to the toilet, we wanted to get the Cinderella as it converts everything to ash but may settle for the Separett Villa 9215 AC/DC as it’s much cheaper.

Having done a lot of research on composting toilets and this is the easiest to maintain as one doesn’t need to deal with what’s involve with compost that the other models do.

This coming year we’ll go over our food supplies and eliminate what’s outdated, then replace with more dehydrated food. Rice, lentils, honey, tea and oats along with seeds are essentials. Of course there are other things as well but growing and harvesting fresh food is something to look forward to.

Today I check which seeds germinated as there were 20 started. Most seem to be doing better now that they are by window light. New seeds to be started are herbs, snow peas and the edible flowers. Doing winter gardening is novel here in Narnia. The grow lights and atomic timer for pump is awesome. Just have to check the water and nutrient levels on a regular basis and we're good to go.

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:39 pm

mudra wrote:

This is it then Swanny.
    I was wondering why  you have been so quiet lately Lmfao

Love from me
    mudra

Just deep in thought Enlightened Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQYNhJ6lM-w
    Morpheus
    Morpheus

Post  Morpheus Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:31 pm

sunny

Good Day Folks!

You know, those monks are cheating. Look at what they're sitting on. Now they ought to try and go deer hunting. Climbing a tree, predawn, climb up about 30 to 50 feet, and then sit there all day till the cows come home. Climbing a tree isn't so bad. It's coming down that's the hard part. Especially when you're a popsicle at the end of the day. Do that for a week straight. Then to go home, just to find out somebody shot a 300-pound buck behind my house. 100 yards away. That was frustrating. Talk about cold, with a nice breeze I might add. Swaying in the tree, gave new meaning to how a popsicle had to adjust for windage. Crazy Happy

Carol, I don't know if I want to engage you in the recipe stock market. Might be very risky since we're dealing with secret recipes. It could end up looking like insider trading. Or worse yet, in collusion with the Russians. We'll know for sure where our country is heading when the DEMONRATS try and impeach Putin of Russia. lol!

I also like what you're doing to the place. Sure would like to see some pictures. A couple of tips in regards to the water situation, check the PH, and also check that the water temperature isn't so cold for the plants. Coldwater will kill the roots if it's too cold. Also can shock the plants. I don't know about over there, but over here I use rainwater. The PH of the rainwater is 6.5 on the scale. One of the issues I had to deal with was how to store it? So this last summer I picked up a used 30 gallon RV water tank. It was free and I was going to use it in Zeus, but it wouldn't fit right. So I'm going to repurpose it to store water for my grow tent. Once captured, I will be able to dispense it in smaller water jugs. This will create a buffer for when it doesn't rain. And we know that some plants do better at different PH ranges.

But I do have a stock tip for you, Carol. The next time you make cheesecake, use equal parts of Ricotta cheese, Philadelphia cream cheese, and sour cream. Give that a whirl. Cool Merry Christmas! Crazy Happy

It is very disheartening to hear when our friends and loved ones get attacked by health issues. It also seems to go on in bunches. I am glad that you know such strong spiritual people. Back in spring, my neighbor across the street came over and gave me a hard time. He said, "am I welcomed here?" I told him, the last time I saw you, I said, "Do not be a stranger." I had not seen him since and that was in May I think. Anyways, I said to myself that this guy is heading for a heart attack. The heart attack did happen six weeks ago and a quadruple bypass to boot. I just knew that he had some serious issues of the heart and basically that's how it works. You compress the heart too much with negative issues, you end up in trouble. He's only 50. So, Carol, my prayers are going to be sent through you and some bubbles of healing energy to those that choose to receive it. I set it up to be automatic, if that's all right with you? Enlightened

So here's what you do, Carol, have a meditation and think of the special folks one by one in your mind for a few seconds. Surround them with pink light. Then those prayers will be able to go through the doors, with love. The Karen Spend whatever time you need.

In the meantime, I found a couple of YouTube channels that you might enjoy. You know the cycle of life is a strange thing. I find that the older you get, the more you want to go back to where you were raised. Where life seems to be much simpler than what it is today. I say that because I was basically raised on a farm. With two monster woodstoves to feed every winter. When you have a farm you cannot leave it and go on vacation. You can go on vacation, but you better get someone to oversee your farm while you're gone. It's hard to do.

I'm talking too much! That's because I'm using this Dragon software. I like it a lot! It helps me focus my thoughts more constructively. Anyways, enjoy the videos, I think you'll get a kick out of those channels.

Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:44 pm

I got some shoes from my drug dealer recently, I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day..
    Adv2
    Morpheus
    Morpheus

Post  Morpheus Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:23 pm

sunny

God, Swanny? That was a bad memory. lol! To make matters worse, I will have to get up and scan a pic for you, so you'll understand why I didn't have a diary in the first place.  scratch  lol!

This a 1974 Triumph Trident. 3 banger. Around a 750 cc. Was supposed to be the quickest in its class. The pic below is where the brain was okay.  tongue

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Triump12

In the pic below, as fair as the brain being okay, not so much.  lol!

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Triump13

Couldn't afford a tree that year, so had to repurpose. It looked really cool when we turned the lights on. Sat there, dazed and confused for three hours or so.  Cool

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 Vmax_x10

As far as the triumph motorcycle crash goes, it was quite a spiritual experience. I was doing 55 miles an hour in a curve and didn't lean the motorcycle enough and ran off the road, then all of a sudden, this 300-pound squarish rock seem to pop up out of the ground. Within a second, the front tire hit this rock and catapulted me off the motorcycle. While I was flying through the air, I realized I was out of body. In fact, I was ahead of my body. I remember that moment. Then I calculated where I was going to land and how to land, all within a second. I crashed about 200 feet from my house. Matter of fact I was going home for lunch. I went back to work that afternoon, but the next two days I could hardly get out of bed. I ended up having to rebuild the whole bike except for the motor. Completely stripped it and repainted it, along with all the repairs and parts. I got it on the road, put 100 miles on it, bought the Vmax and never looked back.

So much for motorcycle diaries. And past memories. Thanks Swanny, you did it again! Malletzky
    Swanny
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:59 am

Great stuff Very Happy

Just had a look on ebay uk for Triumph Tridents. Loads of them there and even one from America
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triumph-TRIDENT-T150-1974/123868934373?hash=item1cd729f0e5:g:K~gAAOSwe5ZdTRMG

Maybe it's yours come back to life sunny

THE BRIDGE-WAY - Page 23 S-l1600
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:05 am

Lionhawk wrote:Good Day Folks!

You know, those monks are cheating. Look at what they're sitting on. Now they ought to try and go deer hunting. Climbing a tree, predawn, climb up about 30 to 50 feet, and then sit there all day till the cows come home. Climbing a tree isn't so bad. It's coming down that's the hard part. Especially when you're a popsicle at the end of the day. Do that for a week straight. Then to go home, just to find out somebody shot a 300-pound buck behind my house. 100 yards away. That was frustrating. Talk about cold, with a nice breeze I might add. Swaying in the tree, gave new meaning to how a popsicle had to adjust for windage. Crazy Happy

Hunting?? Nope
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:55 pm

Morpheus wrote:

As far as the triumph motorcycle crash goes, it was quite a spiritual experience. I was doing 55 miles an hour in a curve and didn't lean the motorcycle enough and ran off the road, then all of a sudden, this 300-pound squarish rock seem to pop up out of the ground. Within a second, the front tire hit this rock and catapulted me off the motorcycle. While I was flying through the air, I realized I was out of body. In fact, I was ahead of my body. I remember that moment. Then I calculated where I was going to land and how to land, all within a second. I crashed about 200 feet from my house. Matter of fact I was going home for lunch. I went back to work that afternoon, but the next two days I could hardly get out of bed. I ended up having to rebuild the whole bike except for the motor. Completely stripped it and repainted it, along with all the repairs and parts. I got it on the road, put 100 miles on it, bought the Vmax and never looked back.

So much for motorcycle diaries. And past memories. Thanks Swanny, you did it again! Malletzky [/color][/i][/size]

Who wants an easy life when one can have one full of adrenalin and challenges hey ?

I can easily imagine you rebuilding your bike from scratch Morpheus while watching this guy putting his joy into this fan.
    Fascinating cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ03Vp0L7AQ

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:07 pm