tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Seashore
    Seashore

A Walk Down Memory Lane Empty A Walk Down Memory Lane

Post  Seashore Sun May 06, 2018 7:12 am

Something made me look up our first Avalon forum archives today to refresh my memory about threads I started.

One of them is "God Is an 'It.'"

Here is my opening post, which took place June 14, 2009:

This is my personal opinion.

It irritates me when I hear references to God with gender.

And I'm going to offer this definition of God: the truth of what there is that matters.

What do you think?

Please, no links or quotations in this thread.

I'm interested in your personal opinion...

Thanks in advance for sharing.

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14634

Orthodoxymoron, do you remember saying this:

I grew up worshipping and praising 'God'. I don't do this anymore. I have painfully come to the conclusion that the very concept of 'God' is highly problematic. I believe in spiritual things. I believe in good and evil. I believe in the highest ethical behavior. I believe in life after life after life. But We the People of Earth should not bow down and worship, praise, and unquestioningly obey anyone...male, female, human, reptilian, grey, it, etc, etc. We the People of Earth should rule ourselves. I think that Jesus tried to tell us this...in a bit of a round about way. The religious people have gotten it wrong...and the atheists have gotten it wrong. I guess I want a secular spirituality which does not involve formal, arbitrary, and ritual religion. . .

http://projectavalon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14634

I like what you said about a secular spirituality.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 am