tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+12
burgundia
ClearWater
THEeXchanger
Vidya Moksha
NANUXII
Swanny
greybeard
Eartheart
Pris
Carol
B.B.Baghor
bobhardee
16 posters

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

Post  mudra Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:23 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 14 Big-cr10

"People who have faith in life are like swimmers who entrust themselves to a rushing river. They neither abandon themselves to its current nor try to resist it. Rather, they adjust their every movement to the watercourse, use it with purpose and skill,
    and enjoy the adventure."
    ~Brother David Steindl-Rast

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 14 Empty Re: The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2

Post  mudra Tue May 01, 2018 12:44 pm

"Haseya" by Ajeet Kaur Live at Sat Nam Fest 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yANvb6jR3Io

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed May 02, 2018 3:57 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 14 11351410

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon May 28, 2018 6:06 am

MOOJI SPOKEN WORD OVER KARUNA DUDUK MUSIC FULL ALBUM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vx2m3i1s3s

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:14 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 14 34725110

"Enlightenment" confessed the teacher, "is not the sun that shines all day but the lightening that gives only quick glimpses---thus allowing us to navigate from one troubled place to another."
    "Is that true for you Master?" asked the student.
    "It's true for most of us" whispered the teacher.

Zen Fables for Today, Richard McLean, 1998

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:30 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 14 22089008_903047899850372_7376195773617531547_n

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:32 pm

NISARGA: natural, innate, inborn, spontaneous

YOGA: uniting, joining, contacting, connection, concentration, deep meditation, contemplation on the Supreme Self

-

"Meet your own self. Be with your own self, listen to it, obey it, cherish it, keep it in mind ceaselessly. You need no other guide. As long as your urge for truth affects your daily life, all is well with you."

"Go back to that state of pure being, where the 'I am' is still in its purity before it got contaminated with 'this I am' or 'that I am'." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj's Nisarga Yoga is the Yoga of living, of being. Accessible to everyone in every sphere of life, it’s our natural connection and harmony with life as it is. Totally free of mystique and specialness, no qualifications are needed; neither preparation, dependence, nor initiation are required. Since everyone is aware on some level of their basic sense of being (consciousness or the feeling 'I am'), this is a yoga for all - a natural yoga. Nobody ever fails in this Yoga. Indeed, unconscious practice is most transformational because it is unpretentious and constant.

In Nisarga Yoga we delve into the basic sense of ‘I’ prior to identification in order to meet its Source – our Source. We locate and hold in awareness this sense, giving our attention to nothing else, casting off all notions except the notion 'I am'. Whenever a thought, emotion, desire or fear comes to mind, we simply release it and come back to the sense of being.

When we get still, attentive and receptive, the sense of being, of 'I am' easily emerges. We can then inquire into its origin, or just observe it silently. “When the mind stays in the 'I am' without moving, you enter a state which cannot be verbalised but can be experienced” said Nisargadatta Maharaj. “All you need to do is try and try again.” The many blessings of seeing life without imagining duality come readily when we deepen and broaden our awareness of being.

Nisarga Yoga is the art of living in-tune with reality - in peace and harmony, in friendliness and love. We need only to live our life as it unfolds, with alertness, watchfulness, and lucidity; being open to life as happens, meeting both suffering and rejoicing equally.

"Relax and watch the 'I am'. Reality is just behind it. Keep quiet, keep silent; it will emerge, or, rather, it will take you in." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

https://nisargayoga.org/

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:40 am

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 14 38294510

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:53 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 14 Doi-2011

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:57 pm

Spiritual Practices (With Rupert Sheldrake)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UugtvZ03lA4

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:00 pm

Rick Hanson - Buddha at the Gas Pump Interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odF2qZmcVdU

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:05 pm

The 7 Hermetic Principles – The Teachings of Hermes-Thoth (without music)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkGUgpc6M1s

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:24 pm

Beyond Words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1085&v=CB3DPofWex8

Wow so inspiring.
    I'll be following a one day seminar about Access Consciousness this week end.
    I am thrilled.

Thubs Up

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:38 pm

The Biggest Missing Piece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-yhCO76xEU

An embittered and disillusioned anonymous man confronts Abraham on the simplicity and naïveté of their teachings. "You represent in your discourse here, the perspective of humans who believe they are not the creators of their own reality." "You have taken upon yourself the discomfort and discord of millions of people." "In the early days it would not have been unlike Jerry to have presented a question much like the one you have presented, because he was always riding in on his white horse with his white hat, trying to right the wrongs of the world, and he felt great frustration that there were those who were not cooperating with that intent." BEST OF TIMES / WORST OF TIMES "When we say that it's the best of times and the worst of times, we're not kidding, because the contrast does get greater and greater. Man's ability to inflict pain and harm upon one another is also increasing, as is man's ability to find love and harmony." SOMETIMES IGNORANCE IS BLISS "Someone who feels as strongly as you do, would say, 'Well you're just teaching people to put their head in the sand -- that ignorance is bliss.' And we would say, head in the sand is good if the alternative is being focused upon something that will cause an attraction of unwanted -- and ignorance IS bliss if attention to the unwanted causes you to practice a vibration that causes a point of attraction that brings you more of what you don't want." THE MOST SIGNIFICANT THING "Here is the most significant thing that we want to say to you. It is not important to us what you believe because what you believe is yours to believe. It IS important to us, what we know to be. We have discovered that by knowing what we know, our life is one of joy, and you've discovered that by knowing what you know, your life is one of misery. We just want to explain to you that there are choices." Excerpted from Abraham LIVE -- San Francisco, CA 7/28/12.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:10 pm

Abraham: NO ACCIDENT IS ACCIDENTAL - Esther Hicks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYVhhNvFpFo

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:26 pm

What are synchronicities and how are they helpful? - Dr Allan Hunter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVYbfnMaAOw

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Abraham Hicks Observe Others Without Getting Involved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE9FE48teQo

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:10 pm

The Chalice of Wisdom - Part 2 - Page 14 Img_4310

The Buddha, Shakyamuni,
    our teacher, predicted that the next Buddha would be Maitreya, the Buddha of love…It is possible that the next Buddha will not take the form of an individual. The next Buddha may take the form of a community,
    a community practicing understanding and loving-kindness, a community practicing mindful living. And the practice can be carried out as a group, as a city, as a nation.

~Thich Nhat Hanh
    Aucune description de photo disponible.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:04 pm

mudra wrote:

The Buddha, Shakyamuni,
    our teacher, predicted that the next Buddha would be Maitreya, the Buddha of love…It is possible that the next Buddha will not take the form of an individual. The next Buddha may take the form of a community,
    a community practicing understanding and loving-kindness, a community practicing mindful living. And the practice can be carried out as a group, as a city, as a nation.

~Thich Nhat Hanh

I believe there have been many Buddha's, as it describes advaita and not a person. Buddha consciousness is a fundamental shift in awareness, into non-duality. Advaita is entirely consistent with Buddhist teachings.

There is another level beyond, with an open heart chakra (sometimes called christ consciousness) . If you enter advaita with a fully functioning heart chakra.. well.... that is beyond Buddha, and buddhism and could be what Thich Nhat Hanh is searching for. The idea of buddha being a community is just silly :) But I never found TNH particularly enlightened, just a nice bloke who practices popular buddhism :)
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:30 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    mudra wrote:

The Buddha, Shakyamuni,

~Thich Nhat Hanh

I believe there have been many Buddha's, as it describes advaita and not a person. Buddha consciousness is a fundamental shift in awareness, into non-duality. Advaita is entirely consistent with Buddhist teachings.

There is another level beyond, with an open heart chakra (sometimes called christ consciousness) . If you enter advaita with a fully functioning heart chakra.. well.... that is beyond Buddha, and buddhism and could be what Thich Nhat Hanh is searching for. The idea of buddha being a community is just silly :) But I never found TNH particularly enlightened, just a nice bloke who practices popular buddhism :)

Thank you for passing by and sharing your thoughts Vidya.
    I wouldn't say Budhahood entering a community is a silly point of view. Actually it is very much desirable and at this point of time something that is brewing on the stove of Consciousness rising on world wide scale.
    Thich Nhat Han has consistently contributed to the goodness of this world and for this alone he deserves all my respect. To me he is a Heart on feet , very humble and wise too.
    I regard  the experience  of Consciousness  an ever evolving matter which is infinite and eternal.There may well be states one reaches in the process but they are just part of the grand sheme, the cosmic breath,  as surely as the turn of the seasons.

Let it be cheers
    Enlightened

Love from me
    mudra
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:24 am

mudra wrote:
    I wouldn't say Budhahood entering a community is a silly point of view. Actually it is very much desirable and at this point of time something that is brewing on the stove of Consciousness rising on world wide scale.
    Thich Nhat Han has consistently contributed to the goodness of this world and for this alone he deserves all my respect. To me he is a Heart on feet , very humble and wise too.
    I regard  the experience  of Consciousness  an ever evolving matter which is infinite and eternal.There may well be states one reaches in the process but they are just part of the grand sheme, the cosmic breath,  as surely as the turn of the seasons.

Hey Mudra .. I dont think we as so far apart in our views. I concur about TNH, I enjoy his books and we need more people like him in the world for sure. And the buddhist ideology is very welcome on the planet at this time.

But Buddhahood is 'simply' a state of mind, achievable by all. It is so poorly understood in the world, and maybe especially by Buddhists :) Buddha is a state of mind, not a god figure. The theravada buddhists are too narrow in their beliefs, as nice as those beliefs are, and as nice as the people are.
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:39 am

mudra wrote:
    The Buddha, Shakyamuni,

Hey Mudra
    I was thinking about this on my walk today. Thought I would try and explain my comments better.

Firstly, i acknowledge we can only teach by example, and TNH led by great example. The Buddhist precepts are kind anyway, and if practiced properly it is a nice, gentle, kind way of life, something we can all aspire to. I enjoy reading his work, as far it goes.

But there is a problem. All the Theravada Buddists practice an orthodox religion, and that can only result in dogma. TNH was not an enlightened man, he had no insight into the higher awarenesses. The comments attributed to him above demonstrate this. I called his views silly, but in fact that is the wrong description. They are wrong, misleading, dangerous and harmful. To suggest that Buddha is some god like being who miraculously appears on the planet every few thousand years is both nonsense and degrading to the ?? thousands/ millions? of folk who have reached the same awareness that Buddha did.
    To suggest only a god-like creature can reach this understanding is wrong.
    If buddha did appear today in a Theravada society he would be vilified. I lived in sri lanka for some years. If Buddha came to sri lanka, and he was born a sri lankan, he would be imprisoned, if he were a foreigner he would be deported. The world that Buddha rejected is now supported using his name. The temples and dogma speak more of oppression and control than any form of mystical awareness.
    It is only the Theravada Buddhists who suffer this dogma, the Mahayana Buddhists see the bigger picture and the Vajrayana Buddhists have it nailed down almost completely.

I hope these comments clarify my original reply. TNH should stick to what he does best, and that is not explaining the higher mystical awarenesses.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:42 am

Great Vidya  cheers  and thank you for taking the time to explain your views further. Frankly I am not versed in the different kinds of budhism as you seem to be.

But when I hear of your rejection of dogma and fixed ideas  I can easily agree with this.

This thread alone shows I am open to all sorts of ways to express matters of the spiritual realm and wisdom one can gain thereof. There are many schools, many teachers and all sorts of pupils. I like it this way.

I have always preferred the wild diversity of english gardens to the nicely trimmed and tamed ones of France.
    So yes I would say you and I speak on common grounds here.

Love from me
    mudra
    Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:10 pm

mudra wrote:Great Vidya  cheers  and thank you for taking the time to explain your views further. Frankly I am not versed in the different kinds of budhism as you seem to be.

Love from me
    mudra

Its actually quite simple to explain Buddhism. Buddha was a yogi, from India. In Sri lanka and other southern Asian countries, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam .. they claim to have the original teachings of Buddha (which is kind of strange as nothing was written down for many hundreds of years after his death.). These teachings are fixed, 2,500 years old. This is orthodox Buddhism, also called Theravada or Hinayana Buddhism (Hinayana= lesser vehicle). The teachings say that the four noble truths and an eight fold path (essentially meditation and introspection) lead to nirvana, liberation from Samskara - the cycle of life, death, rebirth (in yoga the terms are moksha – liberation from samsara). These teachings are questionable to say the least, with meditation perhaps being one of the biggest obstacles to higher awareness. This is what TNH teaches and practices.

Buddhism also went north into India and Tibet, where it mixed with Tibetan magic / shamanism. Here, Buddha's words were taken as the starting point,, they realised that the teachings could, and should be added to over time, it should be allowed to evolve and grow. This is Mahayana Buddhism (Mahayana = greater vehicle). The Mahayana Buddhists (with their rich images and symbology) introduced the six parmita practices and the concept of postponing nirvana (in a state of bodhisattva) to help liberate everyone else. Mahayana Buddhism moved away from the notion that liberation resulted from much meditative effort and gave more emphasis to achieving Tatatha - emptiness and non-duality (advaita).

Vajrayana Buddhism adds to Mahayana concepts and introduces Bodhi nature, which is essentially the yogic concept of advaita. Furthermore, it was emphasized that Bodhi nature is our true nature, available immediately once the obscuring mental clutter is removed. (as Ekhart Tolle writes about) A further concept is introduced: mahasukha (‘great bliss’; ananda, samadhi) is achieved when Bodhi nature is coupled with compassion (upaya). This is what I was referring to in an earlier reply when I said that entering advaita with a fully functioning heart chakra is the 'next' level.

Buddhism continued East to China, where it mixed with Confucianism and Tao and then into Japan, where it reaches its fullest expression as Zen Buddhism, where practices are described to achieve satori, the sudden point of self-realisation. Further illustrating that Bodhi nature is inherent in all of us, not only available to a 'god-like' Buddha.

Vajrayana teachings are entirely consistent with yogic teachings.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:47 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    mudra wrote:Great Vidya  cheers  and thank you for taking the time to explain your views further. Frankly I am not versed in the different kinds of budhism as you seem to be.

Love from me
    mudra

Its actually quite simple to explain Buddhism. Buddha was a yogi, from India. In Sri lanka and other southern Asian countries, Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam .. they claim to have the original teachings of Buddha (which is kind of strange as nothing was written down for many hundreds of years after his death.). These teachings are fixed, 2,500 years old. This is orthodox Buddhism, also called Theravada or Hinayana Buddhism (Hinayana= lesser vehicle). The teachings say that the four noble truths and an eight fold path (essentially meditation and introspection) lead to nirvana, liberation from Samskara - the cycle of life, death, rebirth (in yoga the terms are moksha – liberation from samsara).  These teachings are questionable to say the least, with meditation perhaps being one of the biggest obstacles to higher awareness. This is what TNH teaches and practices.

Buddhism also went north into India and Tibet, where it mixed with Tibetan magic / shamanism. Here, Buddha's words were taken as the starting point,, they realised that the teachings could, and should be added to over time, it should be allowed to evolve and grow. This is Mahayana Buddhism (Mahayana = greater vehicle). The Mahayana Buddhists (with their rich images and symbology) introduced the six parmita practices and the concept of postponing nirvana (in a state of bodhisattva) to help liberate everyone else. Mahayana Buddhism moved away from the notion that liberation resulted from much meditative effort and gave more emphasis to achieving Tatatha - emptiness and non-duality (advaita).

Vajrayana Buddhism adds to Mahayana concepts and introduces Bodhi nature, which is essentially the yogic concept of advaita. Furthermore, it was emphasized that Bodhi nature is our true nature, available immediately once the obscuring mental clutter is removed. (as Ekhart Tolle writes about)  A further concept is introduced: mahasukha (‘great bliss’; ananda, samadhi) is achieved when Bodhi nature is coupled with compassion (upaya). This is what I was referring to in an earlier reply when I said that entering advaita with a fully functioning heart chakra is the 'next' level.

Buddhism continued East to China, where it mixed with Confucianism and Tao and then into Japan, where it reaches its fullest expression as Zen Buddhism, where practices are described to achieve satori, the sudden point of self-realisation. Further illustrating that Bodhi nature is inherent in all of us, not only available to a 'god-like' Buddha.

Vajrayana teachings are entirely consistent with yogic teachings.

Excellent summary Vidya Thubs Up Thank you Hugs
    You laid down on the screen concepts I have come to understand by my own through personal experience:
    Bodhi nature is inherent to all of us indeed and to me this is the realization we are not our bodies, nor our minds but rather something on the order of a spiritual observer of these. Not a mental grasp but a direct experience of it being so.

The opening of the Heart Chakra makes one make a quantum leap from there for you then reach a point where there is no separation between the observer and the subject of observation. Love being the bond allowing for this. You are the universe and the universe is you. You discover you are a creator and you create from Love. You also understand that from fear you create too but then the world isn't so pleasant. So you are able to choose.

And then ... well then it's an ongoing process of keeping the Love going nice and clean and share it around. Place yourself in the most challenging situation and see if what you now realized holds Wink
    It doesn't make a Saint out of you specially if you are not somewhere up the Himalayas in a safe place alone with your Heart and some disciples to feed and take care of your needs but have chosen instead to face the worldly jungle at large.

And beyond this ... well there are possibly many more new stages of perception to explore but this is still all speculation for me.
    Still in the process of exploring the depths of stage 2 for I would say this is not an end but rather a beginning to me.

Love from me
    mudra

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:58 pm