tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Dr David Hawkins - an enlightened teacher

Vidya Moksha
    Vidya Moksha

Dr David Hawkins - an enlightened teacher Empty Dr David Hawkins - an enlightened teacher

Post  Vidya Moksha Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:01 am

I have just encountered this guy, and am very impressed. A truly enlightened guy, ... do we need near death to achieve this state? so many attain it in that way..

check out his web site as a start :
    http://consciousnessproject.org/

mudra
    mudra

Dr David Hawkins - an enlightened teacher Empty Re: Dr David Hawkins - an enlightened teacher

Post  mudra Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:17 am

Thank you for sharing Vidya Thubs Up

If Greybeard finds your thread he will certainly have a lot to say about Hawkins as it is one of his favorite authors .

Here is a video with some great audio excerpts of Hawkins lecturing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcmj94w4tT0&feature=player_embedded

In case anyone missed it there are several tapes and audios of Hawkins to listen too in the " multimedia " section of the site you gave us the link to .

Love from me
    mudra
    ClearWater
    ClearWater

Dr David Hawkins - an enlightened teacher Empty Re: Dr David Hawkins - an enlightened teacher

Post  ClearWater Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:18 am

Thank you very much for starting this thread. I have enjoyed reading Dr. Hawkins writings.
    This week I stopped at a bookstore. I opened Dr. Hawkins book "I". There was no reason for me to look at it at the book store since I have the book at home, but I just had the urge to open it and begin reading. I opened the book to a random page and I came upon this bit, which was exactly what I needed to read at that moment...
    Q: This helps clarify the teachings of Ramana Maharshi who says there is no point in trying to save the world because the world one perceives does not even exist. He recommended surrendering the world to God and concentrating instead on self-inquiry.
    A: He was clear that the appearance of the world is the result of dualistic perception and the intrinsic mechanisms of the ego. All one can actually see within the world are differences and preferences. If one looks at a forest, one sees large and small trees, bent and twisted trees. There is no purpose in going into the forest to try to straighten out all the crooked trees. There is nothing 'wrong' with crooked trees or those that seem to be falling over.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:34 am