tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Paul Levy

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Paul Levy Empty Paul Levy

Post  Sanicle Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:49 am

To introduce Paul Levy, if you don't know of him already, here's a 4 part interview he did in which he discusses the trials experienced in the process of shamanic awakening, something I'm sure many readers here will relate to.

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZRRLXsI4zQ&list=UUL3Dm0whUpRNEjrH2AVTbfA

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4TVfPQXZu4&list=UUL3Dm0whUpRNEjrH2AVTbfA

Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXJyzBeMx-I&list=UUL3Dm0whUpRNEjrH2AVTbfA

Part 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVQLZyyZNac&list=UUL3Dm0whUpRNEjrH2AVTbfA

Enjoy  I love you 
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Paul Levy Empty Re: Paul Levy

Post  Sanicle Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:54 am

Paul also has a website with some fascinating titles in the list on the home page.  I particularly liked what he wrote about the IMAGINATION, explaining what he sees it as being, taking cues from the work of Carl Jung.  The piece is titled "God the Imagnation".  Here's an excerpt ................

The God that the alchemists discovered in the philosophers’ stone wasn’t merely a projection of their imagination, however; nor did it objectively exist separate from their imagination. Instead of an either/or universe, where our projections are either unreal or real, there is an area in-between in which they are both/and: both real and unreal at the same time. Instead of the overly one-sided, rationalistic assumption that our projections are merely unreal figments of imagination, for example Jung points out their very real effects by saying, “Whatever their reality may be, functionally at all events they behave just like realities.” Having very real effects, the products of the imagination are not imaginary illusions. Jung elaborates, “What we are pleased to call illusion may be for the psyche an extremely important life-factor, something as indispensable as oxygen for the body – a psychic actuality of overwhelming significance. Presumably the psyche does not trouble itself about our categories of reality; for it, everything that works is real.” The effects of the imagination are so real that they “mold” the imagining subject, “casting” us in a form that we could only imagine. Speaking about the products of the imagination, Jung comments that they are “as real as you – as a psychic entity – are real.” The alchemists’ God was manifesting in, as and through their own imagination, a dimension all its own with a correspondingly subtle, imaginal body.

We have so lost touch with the profundity of the imagination that the outer world seems to appear solidified in form, which is merely reflecting that our imagination is concretizing. Having lost our acquaintance with the aesthetics of the imagination, we become “an-aesthetic,” numb to our feelings and cut off from the heart, anesthetized from ourselves. Disconnected from the creative organ of the imagination, we lose our sense of aesthetics and our capacity to appreciate beauty. Instead of symbolizing our experience so as to creatively express and liberate it, we become seemingly held captive by a self-reinforcing feedback loop inside of our minds which continually generates a literal, particularized, and concretized viewpoint, both towards the world and ourselves. To the extent that we lose our connection with the ever-flowing novelty and majesty of our own creative imagination, we forget our fluid nature, becoming stunned into immobilization, alienated from and a trauma to ourselves. The play of and our play with the creative imagination, however, is the very act that cultivates, empowers and transfigures the subtle body into healing nectar which dissolves and dis-spells our seeming trauma.

The subtle body transcends and dissolves the categorical divide between the opposites. The realm of subtle bodies exists in a state “between” matter and spirit, like some sort of intermediate realm or Tibetan “bardo” (a gap, or in-between state).

For more, see here.

Paul Levy's homepage: http://www.awakeninthedream.com/wordpress/
    B.B.Baghor
    B.B.Baghor

Paul Levy Empty I do acknowledge my private madhouse and not feel lonely.... ha ha

Post  B.B.Baghor Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:48 pm

Paul Levy Such_a10

Thank you so much, Sanicle, for sharing this beautiful combination of deep wisdom, insights and down to Earthness with humor,
    which I lost a bit lately  Wink I begin to see the madhouse I'm in, now and then. I mean inwards, not outwards.
    I'm not who I seem to be and I'm not yet sure of who I am or will be. Some of my friends can't follow me there.... which is painful because
    I need to be with myself in that part of my being, that shamanic journey...... as I feel it.
    How I longed for a retreat on a mountain or the rocks of Dartmoor, last year!
    Every morning at dawn I'm present in nature to welcome the gold of the sunny 

In my entrance hall at home I have a picture of a young boy with a questioning wide eyed face. The text under this picture is
    "They've told me, that when I grow up, I will understand it all... but I'm not sure if I want to...." Know what I mean?

This afternoon a girlfriend called and asked me how I was. I felt awkward for not being able to explain how I felt and I think that's a key
    to my frustration and anger. But I thanked her for the sound of her voice and her call. I'm not drastic, by throwing away friendship,
    because I have found great value in holding on and grow together through changes, quarrels and tears.
    My family and ancestors used to turn away quickly, when opinions were different, but that was mostly caused by religion,
    a frequent third partner in marriages of many uncles, aunts and..... the one of my parents.
    My father was a preacher and I have the fierceness of desperation from my ancestors bloodline.
    I chose the name Oranda for my business, for the transformation of my ancestors madhouse is what I've been living through, last year.

7 of my brothers and sisters can't cope with my way of life and thinking, my interests. They're silently on distance, which isn't Always easy
    to endure. Fortunately some nieces, touched by that "ancestors bug" and healing from it, are very loyal and stay in touch.
    To be patient, waiting for a dawning of new attitudes and new insights is worthwhile, I experience.
    It's like in the first video here with Paul Levy, in the introduction it's mentioned that stepping in the power of responsibility as a creator,
    is somewhat slow and in delay atm.

I'll continue now with enjoying these series, much love to you for your "help in good timing" Sanicle  cheers 

sunny B.B.Baghor

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:38 pm

I'm so glad you are listening to these videos and they are helping somewhat BB. He's good isn't he? Has a great way of expressing himself about what he's been through and learned on his journey. The realizations he had along the way have rather a unique perspective I think and are well worth listening to.

The guy interviewing him is not too bad either and together they make you realize that the journey really is one we all go through in different ways, the results of which can manifest in different ways too, as places like some websites and even this forum can show when people (like Brook) are willing to pass along what they are experiencing.

But as to the process, I can sooooo relate to what they say and what you've said above as well. It really can be so frustrating and painful at times when you find yourself out of step with others, especially family, but you sooooo appreciate it when you look back and realize how much you learned and how much stronger you became through it all as well. It's all good..........eventually.

Again, lots of  Hugs for you.  I love you 
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:44 pm

Dispelling Wetiko - Author Paul Levy - Webinar Clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sxks495A4xg

Native Americans recognize the spirit of evil, what they call "wetiko," as a psychospiritual disease existing in humanity's collective unconscious—something any one of us can fall prey to at any moment. In this exclusive NABCommunities.com webinar from April 19, 2013, author Paul Levy expands on his book, Dispelling Wetiko: Breaking the Curse of Evil. Drawing on insights from multiple disciplines such as Jungian psychology and Tibetan Buddhism, Levy will show us that encoded in the venom of wetiko is not only its own antidote, but a revelation that can help us to wake up, healing both our individual and collective psychoses.

In this webinar, Paul Levy shows:

• Why it is so important for us to understand the Native American idea of wetiko psychosis, particularly in our modern day world.
    • How understanding the way in which wetiko operates not only dispels its power over us, but empowers the self at the same time.
    • How we have been complicit, to the extent we are unaware of wetiko, in the creation of a worldwide epidemic, a realization which helps us heal our collective psychosis.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Regarding " good " and " bad " and our attitudes towards these here is a wonderfull story, an awesome antidote to the " evil mind " .

Paul Levy Mara-Young-Men-Jumping-2012

I was recently told of an African tribe that does the most beautiful thing.

When someone does something hurtful and wrong, they take the person to the center of town, and the entire tribe comes and surrounds him. For two days they’ll tell the man every good thing he has ever done.

The tribe believes that every human being comes into the world as GOOD, each of us desiring safety, love, peace, happiness.

But sometimes in the pursuit of those things people make mistakes. The community sees misdeeds as a cry for help.

They band together for the sake of their fellow man to hold him up, to reconnect him with his true Nature, to remind him who he really is, until he fully remembers the truth from which he’d temporarily been disconnected: “I AM GOOD”

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Turning Wounds into Wisdom: The Power of Transforming Pain into Strength

Paul Levy Beautiful-surrealist-painting-pearl-oyster-shell-sun-art

“Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” ~ Kahlil Gibran

As our inner work unfolds, we often discover many setbacks and may even experience traumatic events that fundamentally change us. Even in the healthiest families there can be significant emotional wounds leftover from our youth. But these don’t have to be unfortunate occurrences. And maybe they weren’t even accidental. Perhaps “fate/destiny” had something else in mind for us, in order to catalyze a particular type of personal development that requires trauma for its genesis. What hurts us can cripple us, but it can also shape us into something more powerful.

But this requires presence. It requires having a different perspective about what it means to hurt and what it means to experience emotional trauma. One way to change our perspective is to look at our wounds as sacred things. Our sacred wounds can be a great source of personal development. Like John Keats wrote, “Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul?” Indeed, allowing our wounds to become sacred is allowing Ego to become Soul.

If we really allow ourselves to live greatly, we must open ourselves up to being present to our sacred wounds. The ability to have an authentic engagement with life takes the courage to face prior heartache and pain, and the ability to cultivate it and refine it. Either way, the pain and heartache will be there. The question is whether or not we have the courage to transform it into something that can refine our soul.

Pema Chödrön said it best: “We think that the point is to pass the test or overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It’s just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy.” Letting there be room is allowing for a space, a sacred space, where we can be fully present with our pain.

Read on: http://fractalenlightenment.com/26127/spirituality/turning-wounds-into-wisdom-the-power-of-transforming-pain-into-strength

Love Always
    mudra

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am