tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Life Imitating Art: Robot avatar body controlled by thought alone

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Life Imitating Art: Robot avatar body controlled by thought alone Empty Life Imitating Art: Robot avatar body controlled by thought alone

Post  Carol on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Life Imitating Art: Robot avatar body controlled by thought alone Avatar-real-tech

Life Imitating Art: Robot avatar body controlled by thought alone 3986706040_51281bce2e
    For the first time, a person lying in an fMRI machine has controlled a robot hundreds of kilometers away using thought alone.
    http://stratrisks.com/geostrat/6807?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+StratRisks+%28StratRisks%29
    http://www.blacklistednews.com/Life_Imitating_Art%3A_Robot_avatar_body_controlled_by_thought_alone/20382/0/38/38/Y/M.html
    Life Imitating Art: Robot avatar body controlled by thought alone

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Life Imitating Art: Robot avatar body controlled by thought alone Empty Re: Life Imitating Art: Robot avatar body controlled by thought alone

Post  orthodoxymoron on Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm going to rewatch 'Avatar' tonight -- while imagining the context to be within this solar system -- and imagining that there really is an Avatar Program. I guess I'm doing that with nearly all of the sci-fi I watch. I don't really know how to properly proceed with my Political and Theological Science-Fiction. I'm finding that I am posting less and less of what I REALLY think about everything -- because my true thoughts are too radical and difficult to express. I don't think I'm crazy -- but it wouldn't surprise me if I actually go crazy prior to leaving this present container. I am preparing for that possibility -- and I truly do not wish to pull others along with me if that does indeed occur. How do I get to 'checkmate' with all deliberate speed?? I feel as if I am so near -- yet so very far -- from accomplishing whatever it is that I am supposed to be doing. I still don't know what this is Really all about -- and I feel as if I am getting my butt kicked big-time. I mean-well -- yet I seem to be clueless and powerless. BTW -- you wouldn't believe what a nice place I'm working in!!!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Life Imitating Art: Robot avatar body controlled by thought alone Empty Re: Life Imitating Art: Robot avatar body controlled by thought alone

Post  Carol on Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:43 pm

It's pretty amazing isn't Oxy. Science catching up in MSM to what's been going on for awhile possibly with clones.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:04 pm

At some point, there might be very few secrets in the solar system. The various scientific programs might be subject to public review in real-time -- all the time. However, the general public would have to become mature enough to not go nuts regarding every new radical scientific venture. There would probably have to be a rather high level of public tolerance in exchange for scientific openness. This would also imply a high level of international and interplanetary cooperation -- with a decided lack of factional fighting, racism, and nationalism. This might be nearly impossible to achieve -- especially on a voluntary basis.

Current date/time is Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:10 am