tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+7
mudra
THEeXchanger
Owlsden
Jenetta
HigherLove
malletzky
Sanicle
11 posters

Music and...um...HEART orgasms?

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Music and...um...HEART orgasms? Empty Music and...um...HEART orgasms?

Post  Sanicle Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:01 am

I just wanted to ask if other member/friends here feel this and/or any comments you may have about this experience. I copped one of these last night and they always have a major effect on my poor heart.... intense, mind-blowing, thrilling joy followed by deep, heart-wrenching sadness, still ongoing today.

I should explain. It's mostly those really high notes of a certain tone that do it to me, although the words and the music in the whole song usually set it up. What it feels like is my whole inner being is being pulled upwards with the singer's voice, feeling like it's going to exit my body through the head at 'climax', or burst out through my heart. But of course the climax....'satisfaction'....never comes. The note ends. It's always the 'almost there but not quite' feeling, although my whole chest area is just left buzzing with really intense feelings of love and joy. And then the longing comes, the deep sadness, coming I think from not uniting with those energies above that these notes seem to take me so close to 'touching', being one with. And it's when I hear the song for the first time, rarely recreated when I hear the song again. Listening again makes my heart glow with love, yes, but it also recreates the heartache mostly, the longing to be back there again.

This is the one that did it for me last night, Susan Boyle singing "Unchained Melody". (Interesting that Horus posted the Righteous Brothers version last night (my time) also on his thread, but I couldn't bear listening to it again so soon.) But here's Susan's version, that note being at the 3:00 mark. Does anyone else have the same reaction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vDGAXvl9tI

Another one that did it to me is this one, Sebastian Bach singing "What Kind of Animal" from the Frameshift 2 album. Incredible voice. This one hit particularly at the 5:04 mark, although a few others came close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFhf6GCoQM0

So, anyone else out there? Please? Maybe it's the singer's heart I'm joining with? Or is it the note they hit do you think?
    malletzky
    malletzky

Music and...um...HEART orgasms? Empty Re: Music and...um...HEART orgasms?

Post  malletzky Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:37 am

Sanicle, I can relate to what you say and feel when hearing extraordinary music. My experiences are almost the same as yours, and these are going on for many, many years now.

However, I have come to a conclusion that these feelings of sensation, chill, great love, joy and sorrow composed in one and only feeling, causing me to whine sincerely as an innocent child, are caused by a mix of the music beeing composed, the performance of the artists and some addtional visual and other additives.

I also concluded and understand that the special frequencies caused by these components are very, very near to the sacred frequencies from which all that exists has been formed. This is why we feel the great mix of all these wonderful feelings all at once...it's almost like achieving that equilibrium of the onnenes, where all THAT IS, is united as one, but almost.

Therefore, the heartache and the sadness you might feel...it's caused by not being able to achieve that feeling of onnenes.

Unfortunatelly, not many compositors understand the neccesity to compose from their hearts. The music industry is mostly moved by money (as almost everythbing else) and such great talents such as Susan Boyle are mostly never ever "discovered". Singing from your heart, mixed with a piece of music with almost perfect frequencies, is rare to find.

Sure, I have many favourites and The Unchained melody, especially performed by the Righteous Brothers, is one of them. But, only few months ago (and I wonder why it took me that long) I discovered that special song (at least from me) from Leonard Cohen, called Halleluja.

No matter which artist is performing this one, it's more than obvious that in this case, it's the music composed and the appropriate lyric that makes the difference.

But surely, I prefer to listen to the performances by The Canadian Tenors (and especially the part when Celine Dion joins them), Bon Jovi and Alexandra Burke, just because that all of them have their own and very strong emotinal connectivity to this song.

Enjoy cheers

HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:59 am

Should I have a twin flame, she is the most likely candidate.

I find the end of this song evokes strong emotions; however, there is a feeling of release/fulfillment (after which I feel like doing something totally different).

DONNA SUMMER - THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM
    Live in Lloret De Mar - Spain - 1990

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vf63HYcnZE

The ending of the song is particularly powerful. Imagine her looking you in the face when she sings like this.

The last time I saw her in concert, I was again right up front. While lost in her singing, I failed to notice that a woman attempted to rush the stage, and was being stopped by security. I must have puffed up like a peacock.

I panicked for a second and spun my head toward Donna. Much to my surprise, she was staring me right in the eyes. She gave me the most intense look. We both realized at that moment that I would take a bullet for her. Her gaze was so powerful and her face was so beautiful that I had to look away. I just cried, and she saw that, too. At that point she could not bear to look at me.

To dream the impossible dream
    To fight the unbeatable foe
    To bear with unbearable sorrow
    To run where the brave dare not go

To right the unrightable wrong
    To be better far than you are
    To try when your arms are too weary
    To reach the unreachable star

This is my quest, to follow that star
    No matter how hopeless, no matter how far
    To be willing to give when there's no more to give
    To be willing to die so that honor and justice may live

And I know if I'll only be true to this glorious quest
    That my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I'm laid to my rest

And the world will be better for this
    That one man scorned and covered with scars
    Still strove with his last ounce of courage
    To reach the unreachable star

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:38 am

Thank you so much both of you, Malletzky and Higher Love, for responding. Your words have helped me a lot in defining what I'm feeling as both posts ring true in me, the songs you both posted also being those which have touched my heart in the past too when sung in the right way.

As regards "Hallelujah", I first heard it when Jeff Buckley covered it. Have you seen/heard this version Mall?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8AWFf7EAc4&ob=av2e

Sadly he seemingly sings the song with such pain in his heart that that is what the song mainly evoked in my heart for him when I heard it, but the versions you posted are less so, so I thank you for those. But even with these the heart still responds intensely so, as you say, the right combination of music, lyrics and a singer who sings openly from the heart and Soul seems to be the key combination to evoke such a response, as they are the ones who open us and allow us to join with them.

I didn't get that 'soaring' feeling though but I now have a theory about that thanks to you both.

I think for me it comes as a combination of two things. Firstly it's when the singer builds to those high notes with feelings that come from the 'bottom' of his/her heart/Soul also .... the full richness of the Soul pouring out into it from every level, every center/chakra of expression. And mine follows in empathy, joining them as they reach for and soar up to the heights seeking the Divine through these higher notes. Hearing high notes, regardless of the instrument, has always given me a 'buzz' in the higher parts of my body, but that quality of depth of feeling being included also in the delivery of it seems to be what makes the glorious difference.

But having that empathy with the meaning of the song and a singer of such a quality is the second requirement, like Troy has with Donna Summer, only it doesn't necessarily have to be with a Soulmate. Only how could one not empathize when that is the case and they sing such a song! In my case, I'd been watching a TV special on Susan Boyle before I listened to her singing "Unchained Melody" which touched on the abuse she suffered as a child and the effects that still has on her. Also her great loneliness. So I was empathizing with her deeply before I listened to the song. But the key is still in which song and how she sang it...with all her heart and Soul ..... that great depth of feeling.

Thank you both again. I truly appreciate you taking the time. The Karen

malletzky
    malletzky

Post  malletzky Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:18 am

Sanicle wrote:

That's why we're here...to learn from each other. You're welcome The Karen

Much respect
    Mall...
    HigherLove
    HigherLove

Post  HigherLove Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:23 am

malletzky wrote:
    Sanicle wrote:

That's why we're here...to learn from each other. You're welcome The Karen

Much respect
    Mall...

Sweet.

And thank you for so gracefully referring to an obsession as a "soulmate". I figure it is sort of 50/50: Asperger's Syndrome, or soul mate. hehe

I jest. There is a soul connection. The trick is how to share it without being annoying. So again, thanks to all for their patience with me.

sunny

If a good laugh might cheer you up, I am going to head over to the humor section. Look for Rachel Maddow link, re: Hermain Cain.

jocolor

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:30 am

Yep, a laugh would be good haha. Thanks again to you both. Hugs

Oh, and why not a Soulmate? Famous people have Soulmates too. Although it is hard to connect when they're famous, granted (says she speaking from experience lol). There's a reason for your obsession and maybe it's just that simple my friend. Wink Why not you?
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Music and...um...HEART orgasms? Empty Re: Music and Heart Orgasms

Post  Jenetta Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:03 am

More Hallelujah's...

K.D. Lang Sings Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah (CTV feature Winnipeg)

Just loveMusic and...um...HEART orgasms? 139717 Bon Jovi!

Oh Dear...I'm on a roll...........

Post  HigherLove Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:41 am

Jenetta wrote:More Hallelujah's...

K.D. Lang Sings Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah (CTV feature Winnipeg)

Just loveMusic and...um...HEART orgasms? 139717 Bon Jovi!

Oh Dear...I'm on a roll...........

Il Divo -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzB8xC_CwH8&ob=av2e

lol
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:03 am

Does the music in that video you posted have the 'orgasmic' effect on you Owlsden? Question
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Any music created with Spirit can have an orgasmic effect on the Heart. Yes Sanicle... this piece of beautiful music sends me into multidimensional orgasmic spaces... As does this one...

Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:49 pm

Lucky you Owlsden. Sounds like you can achieve this state at will then. And thank you for sharing these here. That last video is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Spiritual

You know I have to admit though, this latest experience I had was so intense that it made me feel, at the time, that my usual emotional expression is just plain superficial in comparison. And that naturally made me question just how 'loving' I really am these days. But can we manage our day-to-day lives when we are soaring so high and so gloriously? And the sense of loss was so painful and long lasting. Crying or Very sad

Most days I'm happy and content to listen to the undines singing to me in the shower. This brings such a feeling of peace and happiness....a quieter sense of love and union with all life. But the contrast with the 'heart orgasm' is extreme to say the least.

So it's left me questioning whether I should be aiming to experience and live in that orgasmic energy or remain living in my quiet little world of gentle love and care. Or can we somehow have it all, both merged?
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Sanicle wrote:Lucky you Owlsden. Sounds like you can achieve this state at will then. And thank you for sharing these here. That last video is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Spiritual

You know I have to admit though, this latest experience I had was so intense that it made me feel, at the time, that my usual emotional expression is just plain superficial in comparison. And that naturally made me question just how 'loving' I really am these days. But can we manage our day-to-day lives when we are soaring so high and so gloriously? And the sense of loss was so painful and long lasting. Crying or Very sad

Most days I'm happy and content to listen to the undines singing to me in the shower. This brings such a feeling of peace and happiness....a quieter sense of love and union with all life. But the contrast with the 'heart orgasm' is extreme to say the least.

So it's left me questioning whether I should be aiming to experience and live in that orgasmic energy or remain living in my quiet little world of gentle love and care. Or can we somehow have it all, both merged?

Thank you Sanicle for your beautiful poetic expression of your feelings... You are a true "feeler"... Yes we can have our cake and eat it.. don't believe different.... We can have it all, merged... Yes we are in process of being "merged" with.... This indeed is something to look forward to, intend and enjoy - with a heart murmuring of Love...
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:12 am

"we set our lives to music" ~ susan lynne schwenger

"we are all notes in the same song...just different melodies" ~ susan lynne schwenger
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:12 am

Thanks for your lovely words Owlsden. Hugs
    THEeXchanger
    THEeXchanger

Post  THEeXchanger Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:02 pm

not sure, if this is the music thread - but this is good
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMWgTfHv2gI

mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Why good vibrations may be bad
    by William House

It may be the greatest secret on the spiritual path. Most of today's music is a hindrance not a help. This has been written about from ancient Greece and even more so today but has fallen on deaf ears. Why? Because this very same music makes us feel good, relieves our stress and tensions, releases anger and we're happier listening to it, so it can't be bad.

Before investigating why feeling good may be bad, lets review the evidence published and otherwise documented.

Dr. John Diamond published a book called BK, Behavioral Kinesiology, later changed to Your Body Doesn't Lie. He relates the story of feeling terrible one fine day in New York City. Being a health practitioner set him on a path of deduction. He wanted to know what common elements over two days made him feel ill. The only thing he could come up with was a visit to the record store Sam Goodys each day. But why would that effect him that way? The clue came when he realized the same song was played both days in the store. Voila! the common denominator. He just happened to be an expert in kinesiology and so began his odyssey of muscle testing himself and other people listening to various kinds of rock and roll for that is what he heard in Sam Goodys. The results startled him. The harder the 'rock' the weaker people became. From that harmless side trip to a record store, began a new career for Dr. Diamond. He has gone on to write several books on the positive side of music, discovering that even the consciousness and abilities of a conductor can effect how much 'energy' comes from a performance or recording.

In their 1973 classic, The Secret Life of Plants, Peter Tompkins and Christopher Bird devote a whole chapter on how music affects plants, called 'The Harmonic Life of Plants.' Dr. T.C. Singh, head of the Dept. of Botany at Annamalai University discovered that ragas helped plants grow. He observed this down to the microscopic level as well. They go on to describe several other experiments in Canada and the United States in the 50's and 60's where plants and crops grew faster and healthier when listening to Bach, Gershwin and certain sound frequencies.

read on: http://www.reversespins.com/music.html

Love from me
    mudra
    orthodoxymoron
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:05 pm

Making Music and Making Love Are in Bed Together.
    Sanicle
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Mudra, thank you so much for posting that article. I love you This paragraph in particular, I think, answers the question I proposed so well.
    Here's another test. Put yourself in a good space again. Wait till you're calm and attuned to the subtle vibrations of the spirit. Then listen to a traditional rendition of the Star Spangled Banner by a famous Opera star like Robert Merrill (he opens the Yankee games--hey, I just had a thought, maybe that's the real reason they've won so often. It's not the money!), or someone else who sustains notes and sings it as it is supposed to be sung. You can feel the power and majesty of the song. It is actually thrilling. The thrill is not just self generated, there is a movement of energy (and light) as demonstrated above. The sustained notes, sung with power and, yes, even love or devotion moves molecules and unseen prana, odic forces, orgone energy, chi, light, whatever you want to call it; into pathways and invisible grids of sound rays that benefit all who hear or feel the radiance emanating.

And Oxy, you really do have a way with words haha. Classic!
    Jonah
    Jonah

Post  Jonah Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:28 pm

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3prn3TqSIuA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Simplicity
    Simplicity

Post  Simplicity Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:47 pm

"Star Spangle Banner" always gives me goosebumps :)

I was reading this today:

"Individuals have found throughout the ages that preparation is necessary for deep meditation. For some it is necessary that the body be cleansed with pure water, that certain foods or associations (with man or woman) be avoided, and that certain types of breathing be taken so that there may be an even balance in the whole respiratory system. This produces a normal flow of circulation through the body. Others feel that odors, incantations, sounds, or music are conducive to producing the best conditions. As the current rises through the centers in the body, these outer influences may help to cleanse the thoughts and quiet the mind and body. So-called savages arouse within themselves the passions or thirst for destruction through the battle cry or the use of certain drones or sounds. This is the same force used negatively. (See 440-12 and 281-13)"

ღ ♫♥♫.ღ ♫♥♫.ღ ♫♥♫.ღ ♫♥♫.
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks to Metaw who made me discover him I Love Arvo Part's music.
    It's a soul whisper through which everything else fades away
    leaving me in a state of pure bliss.

Arvo Part - Magnificat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbxnnC22gwY

Love Always
    mudra
    Jenetta
    Jenetta

Music and...um...HEART orgasms? Empty Re: Music and Heart Orgasms

Post  Jenetta Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:50 am

Post deleted.

Last edited by Jenetta on Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total