tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

+9
mudra
enemyofNWO
newel
Seashore
We Are You
orthodoxymoron
Carol
Owlsden
Floyd
13 posters

All talk and no action?

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

All talk and no action? - Page 3 Empty Re: All talk and no action?

Post  Carol Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:53 pm

lawlessline wrote:Just a kick note. Tree(ah man forgotton the rest of your name) lovely post myfriend feeling the real from you. keep them coming.

On the other thing, there are plenty of abandoned villages here in the mountains, Spainish side. I am still convinceed one could be picked up really cheap and you would have half the buildings in place already. If there is real interest give me a shout. I have a few people here who would be interested.

t

Hmm, this sounds interesting. What elevation? What are the winters like? Overall climate? How much rainfall? What would something like this cost? What about folks who aren't local (out-of-country)? What are the roads like? Transportation is always an issue.

Those solar generators are good. I have one at home here. And if one was a bit of an engineer much can be handled without electricity.

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    lawlessline
    lawlessline

Post  lawlessline Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Carol wrote:

Hmm, this sounds interesting. What elevation? What are the winters like? Overall climate? How much rainfall? What would something like this cost? What about folks who aren't local (out-of-country)? What are the roads like? Transportation is always an issue.

Those solar generators are good. I have one at home here. And if one was a bit of an engineer much can be handled without electricity.

http://maps.google.com/maps?t=h&key=ABQIAAAA9D9Xqmx5-VWPzpKuFCwZtRStH8XRj0mCdGDPf86lm8ceB5ExdxSlMa_r7Qf-BrkGD_7qZh6XmQxZLw&mapclient=jsapi&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Pointis-Inard,+Haute-Garonne,+Midi-Pyr%C3%A9n%C3%A9es,+France&ll=42.509755,0.126386&spn=0.017684,0.028281&z=15&vpsrc=6

Elevation between 600 and 1500 metres depending on village.
    It snows, good ski resorts. LOL I feel like an estate agent.
    Very good climate over all with its own special micro climate. There is the National park of the Pyrenees just a few Ks away with trees growing at very high altitudes due to the good micro climate.
    Rainfall is ok but there are plenty of mountain rivers in the area.
    Local? Don't think it is a problem. I think they would sell the things for 1 simbolic euro if you had the right plan for the vilage. They want to rejuvinate the area. Roads are great, with a new tunnel going through the mountain to the french side.

I am looking at a solar oven Parabolique from India. They do ones for industrial purposes.

Could do anything on them. Hot water, Electricty cook and dry food.

Carol
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Carol Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:33 pm

Oh, I like this.

Water is very important. Which one is closet to a river? And how close to the French boarder?

I'm sure with all the talent we have we could come up with a valuable cottage industry to market like vertical aquaponic gardens run on solar power for the balcony or south window gardner.

We can all purchase Yurts and set up immediately. http://www.ulaantaij.com/what_is_a_yurt.html and http://www.ulaantaij.com/photo_album_mongolia.html

By the way. Take a look at this stove. http://www.fourdog.com/

All talk and no action? - Page 3 Image2831
    All talk and no action? - Page 3 Image320
    All talk and no action? - Page 3 Image325
    All talk and no action? - Page 3 Image272

Just put some fire bricks on top and make a stove top oven. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhY0oAv34fk&feature=relmfu

Then put a brick over the top and in front to enclose the space in the middle. Bake bread in a can.

Coffee Can Bread Recipes

Beer Can Date Bread
    Boston Brown Bread
    Can Can Date-Nut Bread
    Cheese Bread
    Coffee Can Bread
    Coffee Can Pumpkin Bread
    Sailor's Duff
    Tin Can Raisin Bread
    Tomato Herb Bread

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/breadcoffeecan/breadcoffeecan.html

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    Floyd
    Floyd

Post  Floyd Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:28 am

cute stove.
    Owlsden
    Owlsden

Post  Owlsden Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:02 pm

lawlessline wrote:
    Floyd wrote:
    lawlessline wrote: You cann't just pretend that the outside world doesn't exist

The residents of Milton Keynes have been doing that for decades. All a bit Logan's Run!
    Insanely Happy Lmao
    Floyd I have family in MK, what are you trying to insinuate? I suppose MK is not the best example, but you never know what the future might hold.

Phew, there's some reading to do here.. I have a lot of catching up to do since I'm currently at least 18 months behind you Lawlessline.. Perhaps someone should create a thread called "All talk and NO Imagination"?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:14 am