tMoA

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

3 posters

Rid the web of ads with Firefox and AdBlock (very easy)

newel
    newel

Rid the web of ads with Firefox and AdBlock (very easy) Empty Rid the web of ads with Firefox and AdBlock (very easy)

Post  newel Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:00 am

I am amazed at how far this little extension has gone. I tried it when it came out a few years ago and it was good but a lot of work to blacklist all the ads. Also it had memory leaks and that's why I let it go back then.

Yesterday I've had it with ads and I decided to try AdBlock again. Wow! Now it comes with downloadable, extensive and easily updatable blacklists. It took me 30 seconds to install the extension and no more work was required. Now I browse the web without a single ad showing up wherever I go! Amazing!

Here it is:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865/
    mudra
    mudra

Rid the web of ads with Firefox and AdBlock (very easy) Empty Re: Rid the web of ads with Firefox and AdBlock (very easy)

Post  mudra Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:04 am

Thank You metaw cheers

Love from me

mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Rid the web of ads with Firefox and AdBlock (very easy) Empty Re: Rid the web of ads with Firefox and AdBlock (very easy)

Post  TRANCOSO Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:21 pm

Use Scroogle Scraper if you don't want your IP address registered by Google.
    http://www.scroogle.org/
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks Tran Thubs Up

Love from me
    mudra
    TRANCOSO
    TRANCOSO

Post  TRANCOSO Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:17 pm

mudra wrote:Thanks Tran Thubs Up

Love from me
    mudra
    Btw, that 'converter' site's server is offline for already more than a week/
    I'm so glad I've spent most of last month converting all that YouTube audio.
    (Over 500 tracks.)

As my mother used to say: "The I Wish I Had shop is always closed."

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am